Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: L otR RP with Jax and Galad
PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 10:21 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

"Certainly you have not forgot the life we lived before?" Micha questioned. "Besides, if you were to die we would never live it down if we did not spend your last days with you. All that is secondary, anyways... if therenis an antidote we can get it."

Esmerelda stood silently looking back and forth as the conversation continued. She wanted to speak but she felt her words sticking in her throat. Finally she forced out the question probably everyone was wondering. "If we don't find the antidote... how long does he have?"

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 11:18 pm 
Ent
Ent

Arnwen looked at him sadly, "I couldn't tell. Months or weeks," his voice was low as he observed the dying man. It was a heavy moment for the family in the room.

Sygnet sighed, "I know but I have barely lifted a sword in 8 years. I'm afraid it might be more harm than good," she turned to the healer, "Where would the antidote be?" she asked.

"It is made of a flower, which is the ingredient I need. It can be found deep in the tunnels of Moria. It grows where light does not shine and where the earth runs warm," he responded.

Sygnet looked at Micha, "The forges of Moria?" she suggested and the healer looked at all of them.

"I understand how this is making you feel, mother but I would like to go get it, alone if I have to. I don't want to risk your life down there," Brinley insisted.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 11:29 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

"It has been a long while since I have seen the misty mountains..." Micha voiced. "It would probably do me good to see them again."

Esmerelda swallowed hard and stepped up towards Brinley. "I'm going with you."

PostPosted: May 13th, 2017, 10:31 am 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet smiled at Esmerelda. She didn't know what awaited them beneath the mountains. Hopefully it was dwarves. At the mention of seeing the mountains again, Sygnet frowned heavily. She had a bad history with tunnels and dwarves. It would be hard indeed for Brinley and Esmerelda alone and harder still with just Brinley. She sighed heavily, "It has been a long time since we have left these borders but we are no longer adventurers my life. It will forever be in our blood but it is no longer our calling. It would be a heavy price to lose our son...I do not think it is best for us to go but if you believe that it would be best for our son, I will come," she told him in a low voice while Brinley watched.

(Did we ever say where in the timeline this RP took place?)

PostPosted: May 13th, 2017, 11:05 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(We started put somewhere (unspecified) between the hobbit and LOTR. However that is a 60 year time period if I am correct so there is a lot of room for variance. )

Micha nodded as Sygnet spoke. "I believe, ultimately, it would be Brinley's decession." He looked at Brinley.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2017, 2:09 pm 
Ent
Ent

Arnwen stepped forward, "My lord and lady, I have a desire to go to the Mines. I have a friend of mine looking at retaking the mines from the orcs. With his help, I do believe we can get that flower,"

Brinley looked at his mother, "If it is your wish to stay, then you should stay. Arnwen and his friend can get us through the Mines. Father, I would welcome your company and it is your decision to stay. As for Esmerelda, I would love to have you with me," he smiled slightly in her direction.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2017, 3:38 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micha looked to Sygnet. The idea of another adventure stirred that old feeling inside of him once more from his younger years. If his wife was staying, however, he could hardly leave her behind and run off ro Moria. "I won't lie, another adventure sounds inviting but my place is with Sygnet. If she is staying then I will stay as well."

Esmerelda looked to Brinley with a sad smile. She was not much of a fighter, having never been in combat. She knew enough to test the weapons she made, however, so she was not a total stranger to warfare. "We should leave as soon as we can," she said with anxiousness filtering into her words. She looked between Arnwen and Brinley.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2017, 12:47 am 
Ent
Ent

"In the morning," Arnwen told them, "I'm going to make some potions and herbs for the road. Hopefully it'll keep him from too much pain," he explained.

Sygnet took Micah's hand, "We will be back tomorrow morning," she told Brinley.

Arnwen nodded, "Esmerelda, you are free to spend the night in the spare bed if you would like," he suggested, "I will be upstairs if you need me. My lady, my lord," he bowed slightly to Sygnet and Micha and disappeared upstairs.

As his parents left, Brinley looked at Esmerelda, "It's been a long time. So much for that ride," he laughed quietly.

(You can go ahead and make the transition to morning if you'd like to.)

PostPosted: May 14th, 2017, 1:28 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(Was going to say, Alrighty. :) but my fingers typed it out different than my mind. :p So I only got halfway to the transition. )

Esmerelda nodded to Arnwen a silent thanks and bid farewell to Micha and Sygnet as they took their leave. As they walked out Micha squeezed Sygnet's hand gently. "What are you thinking?" He asked her. He knew how worried she was for Brinley.

Back in the healers house Esmerelda tried to force a smile at Brinley's humor but she found it hard to fake. "Brinley I..." she trailed off, glancing to where Arnwen had vanished into his upper chambers. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath as tears once more threatened to stream from her eyes. Only a single tear forced it's way through and slid quietly down her cheek. She took a deep breath. "Perhaps we should get some sleep. I would like to speak with you once we have a better time."

PostPosted: May 14th, 2017, 1:00 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet smiled at Micha, "I'm thinking that they learn from experience. They are going to make an excellent team, much like you and me. He's going to be okay. I trust Arnwen completely," she mounted Vorn and began the ride back to the flet.

Brinley was busy blowing out the candle to notice the tear fall, "Goodnight, Esmerelda. I will see you in the morning," he leaned back on his pillow and closed his eyes and sleep came quickly.

The following morning, Brinley awoke to a quiet knock on the door. Arnwen was already awake and opened it as Brinley's parents came in.

Brinley sat up. His hair was a ruffled mess and his clothes were slightly wrinkled as he sat up, yawning and stretching.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2017, 2:12 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda sighed silently, trying to calm her mind. "Goodnight," she said softly, then headed over to her bed. She didn't get much sleep that night, too much ran through her mind. Thoughts of "What if" and thoughts of the past. Fears of the future and she dared a few hopes as well. In the morning when Arnwen came down she was sitting up in bed leaning her head and back against the wall with knees tucked tight against her chest. Her eyes were closed but she only rested, she did not sleep. She heard Anwen shuffle about as he likely was preparing things for the trip and at that her mind flooded with the reality that she was hours away from setting off on a journey to the Mines of Moria. Excitement and fear accompanied that thought as she had never been anywhere since coming to Lorien... just as though she had never been anywhere but Edoras before Lorien since she left her parents. She guessed she simply was not the traveling sort, but this journey was far too important to let go by.

When the knock sounded on the door Esmerelda opened her eyes once she heard Micha and Sygnet enter the room. She looked over at them and gave a smile. With a deep breath and a long sigh she rubbed her tired eyes and slid out of the bed. She walked over to Arnwen. "Is there anything I can do to help get ready?"

PostPosted: May 14th, 2017, 11:52 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet handed her a bag, "I packed some food and medical supplies for you. Micha and I can accompany you to the entrance to Moria," she smiled slightly.

Arnwen shook his head at Esmerelda, "No, no. I think I have it all," he told her.

Brinley slowly got to his feet and straightened up. He was very determined to get fixed. Sygnet stood close by his side, ready to aid him if he fell. His first few steps were shaky and he reported that his legs felt stiffer than usual. Arnwen told him it would be expected. With that, they were ready to go.

PostPosted: May 15th, 2017, 7:18 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"Thank you," Esmerelda said with a smile, taking the supplies. "And It will be nice to have you, even if just part way." She looked to Arnwen as he reaponded and nodded a response. Once they were ready to leave Esmerelda stopped by her home to grab a few quick supplies and an outfit better suited for travel. She loaded her things on her Appaloosa, Vasa, whom she had named after the famed elf of old who took the sun to the heavens.

Once she was ready and the geoup started off she felt a twinge of excitement through her wory and concern for Brinley. She hoped in days of the future they would look back on all this with fond memories... or at least memories of beinging pleased it was left in the past.

Esmerelda had never ventured outside of Lorien since arriving with Micha and Sygnet, so she had no idea how far the entrance to the mines was. For now it was a peacefull ride through the woods she knew. It soon, however, changed to woods she had no recollection of.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2017, 12:32 am 
Ent
Ent

He succeeded in mounting his horse was a little bit of a push from Arnwen. He settled in the saddle and set off. It was easier to move when all he had to do was sit. As they entered the part of the forest where the tree scouts hardly patrolled, they came to a river. Sygnet dismounted as an elf appeared across the way. He uncoiled a length of rope. Arnwen shook his head and spoke a few words of rapid elvish. The one across nodded and called up to the trees, to be joined by a few more. Arnwen then led them upstream, where he promised a place the horses could cross easier and Brinley was grateful, as he couldn't really walk that stretch of rope as Sygnet had described before.

After crossing the rivers they reached the mines by midday. At the entrance to the gate, Arnwen dismounted and Sygnet followed. Together, they managed to remove Brinley from the horse, "Horses do not belong in Moria," she explained, "We will take good care of them while you are gone," she told the three of them, enveloping her son in a very tight hug, Esmerelda in another and Brinley again.

She sniffed slightly as she turned to Arnwen to thank him for all his help. He was glad to be of help as Sygnet took Vasa and Brin's horse's reins to take the return journey.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2017, 7:47 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micha followed along the back of the group as the horses came to the mine entrance. He dismounted and walked over to Brinley as Sygnet was saying her good bye. He extended a hand and after a firm hand shake gave him a hug with his other while keeping hold of his hand. "I expect to hear every detail when you get back."

He turned to Esmerelda then. "Watch after the lad, you know how young men can be," he teased. "Always getting into trouble." He smiled and took Arnwen's horse's reins.

Esmerelda smiled and nodded. "Absalutely." Though her voice had much lest jest in it's tone than Micha's.

Just as Sygnet was gathering the other horses for the return journey a voice sounded behind the group.

"Here now! What is all this?!" The voice scolded and spunded very perturbed. As the group turned around Marl emerged from the woods. His cross look turned to a laugh as he walked up. "Going on an adventure into the mines without me are you!? I think not!" The old man had a full head of gray hair by now. The last eight years had aged him thoroughly.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2017, 1:22 am 
Ent
Ent

Brinley smiled at the old man and limped forward to him. "Eight years, Marl..." he smiled in disbelief.

Arnwen looked a little apalled than this old man was wanting to enter the tunnels, he looked at Sygnet for help and she just shrugged with a grin.

"You want to go with them, Marl?" Sygnet asked him, stepping forward slightly.

As happy as Brinley was to see another old friend, he was worried that the uneven stone paths would cause Marl discomfort and slow the group down when haste was what they needed most. Time was of the essence.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 77  Next