Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Choice of the Snake Bone Throne: A Harad RP
PostPosted: April 10th, 2015, 7:32 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Rise to glory on the battlefields of Harad!

In the Empire of the Snake Bone Throne, will you find glory, or a knife in your back?

The princesses and princes of the Haradic empire vie for their father the Serpent Lord's mystical Snake Bone Throne, tearing the united tribes apart with civil war and political intrigues.

I will play as Tinneara Omnia, a Captain-to-be of one of their troops.
In this RP you can play as tribesmen, elders, priest/esses of the Valar, minstrels, gamblers, warriors, commanders, nobles, whatever you want!

The setting is Umbar, Spring, year 20 of the Fourth Age.

Name:
Race:
Personality:
History:

Please copy & paste the form and fill in the blanks. :)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: Choice of the Snake Bone Throne: A Harad RP
PostPosted: April 10th, 2015, 7:36 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Current Characters

Name: Tinneara Omnia Tar-Marada
Race: Men
Personality: Tinneara is brave and forthright with a generally good heart, but she is easily inclined to hedonism and schemes.
History: Tinneara’s childhood in the great tribal house of Sea Blue was pleasant. The household possessed an abundance of wealth and plenty of slaves to do menial toil. Her numerous mothers and fathers (her birth parents' siblings and their spouses) lavished affection upon her. During the day she was taught reading, writing, ritual magic, and history at the temple school of Lord Manawenuz (Manwë); and in the evenings she slept in a comfortable dormitory with her "tribe-kin" (other children of Sea Blue, most of them unrelated to her by any close blood tie).

Last edited by Amoniel Eruwaedhiel on April 21st, 2015, 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 11th, 2015, 11:59 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Name: Galen Duin

Race: Human

Personality: Galen is all about rank. Everything he does is for the purpose of furthering himself. There must be a reward or something in it for him, however, he does hold to moral standards that dictate what he is willing to do for the rewards. These morals, he is careful to NEVER define and intentionally seems to contradict himself from time to time so to keep people wondering and unable to play on his moral convictions for leverage.

History: Galen grew up as a nomad, loosing his parents at 10 years old (The story of how he will not tell), he allied himself with the Serpent Lord in a tactical move to gain a clear path to promotion and power. With a new-found conflict between the princess and the prince he finds himself stuck between his emotions and mind....Which side will win the throne of the serpent lord? Which side will be the most profitable? Which side is safe?

Time will tell which side will sway his loyalty.

But there seems to be more in play... his history with the prince and princess might well hold the key to his ultimate decisions!

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Last edited by Jax Nova on April 16th, 2015, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: April 12th, 2015, 10:13 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Great! I'll post an intro and anyone who wants to join can, eh?

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 14th, 2015, 9:39 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Sounds good to me. :) I'm looking forward to this RP it sounds exciting and I'm actually kind of fond of the story line I have in mind for my character. ;)

One question, are you (or anyone particular) going to be controlling the prince and princess?

PostPosted: April 16th, 2015, 7:23 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

:)
Not me! They're up for grabs.
(currently battling the flu. I'll hopefully have the intro up by tonight)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 16th, 2015, 4:29 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Alrighty. I might take the liberty of playing them from time to time. Anyone else can make them do things too but there are certain things that my envisioned plot for my character will require from one or both of them from time to time.

Is there any particular way you want them to be? Personality? Good or evil? Who has the true right to the throne? etc.... If you have any details or particulars just let me know and I will be sure to keep them in mind when I am playing either of them.

Yuck, :yuck: that's no good. Hope you get to feeling better and I'll keep an eye out for the intro and whenever you are feeling up to it I'm game.

(Edited my character just a smidgen)

PostPosted: April 21st, 2015, 12:00 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

I'm not sure about their personalities yet! They'll unfold with the plot. I believe the princess has the true right. ;)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 21st, 2015, 12:09 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

On a Thread of the Tapestry of Time…

A maiden snuck from her bed to walk barefoot in the garden between the girls’ and boys’ dormitories, clad in a nightgown and shawl. Many of the older adolescents, on the verge of adulthood, joined in this farewell to the nursery and sat under the fruit trees, quietly reminiscing over shared childhood memories. It was the night before her naming ceremony. She thought how strange it would be that after tomorrow no one would ever call her Tinneara again. She swelled with pride at the idea that she would finally have an adult’s name and an adult’s responsibilities.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 21st, 2015, 12:16 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Galen Duin sat by with a heavy heart, a busy mind, and a stiff hand that had not left the hilt of his sword for the past 24 hours.

It was not battle that kept his hand frozen to his sword...least not ordinary battle. There before him lay the Serpent Lord ill unto death and before Galen's very eyes he drew his last breath.

Rumors flew that he had been poisoned, some said it was age or illness, others said it was destiny, and still other rumors as numerous as there were mouths to tell them scuttled through the kingdom.

Galen knew one thing... troubles times were no doubt ahead. The prince and the princess both claimed right to the throne through some details that he didn't quite understand nor care to at this point. His allegiance had always been to their father... now he had to choose his steps carefully if he was to take a side in the foreseeable conflict that was brewing.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2015, 12:33 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Tinneara laid back against a tree, too proud to talk to anyone but too lonely to return to bed. Eventually she fell asleep, listening to her tribal kin whispering.

The next thing she knew, cold water was startling her out of sleep. Sputtering, she looked up into the face of her older brother, Ghasaan, smiling down at her.

"Sleep well, little sister? Or did you not sleep at all?" He waggled his eyebrows. Ghasaan fancied himself a comedian. "Well, I have come to get you. Mother Hind is in a state of distraction over the fit of your formal dress, and has told me that if I do not bring you back immediately she will feed me to one of Queen Beruthiel’s cats.”

Without waiting for a response, Ghasaan grabbed her up by the arm and dragged her from the garden.

Last edited by Amoniel Eruwaedhiel on April 21st, 2015, 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 21st, 2015, 12:38 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Galen got little sleep that night. He over saw the care of the body until his Lord rested in the grave. It was somehow sad to be a free man... free from loyalties.

The family had mourned in their own way. There were few at the actual burial. The prince watched from afar and the princess was no where to be seen.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2015, 1:14 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

(edited my last post, sorry)

She was barely through the door before Mama Hind fastened an ornamented gold collar over her shoulders and arranged a red robe about her body. As she eyed and adjusted its drape she announced with stoicism:

"Tinneara, it is with great sadness that we mourn the sudden departure of our beloved Lord…taken from us so tragically on the very eve of your naming ceremony.”

The maiden bowed her head and closed her brown eyes, lifting up a silent prayer.

“His legacy will live on in our hearts…”

“The Empire will be torn apart!” Tinneara interrupted.

“…for all eternity,” the matriarch continued, silencing her charge. There was a pause. “Well, his life must be celebrated today, along with yours. On with the festivities!”

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 21st, 2015, 6:44 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(No worries. ;) By the way, do we have names for the prince and princess? )

After the short burial and the few people had left the prince approached Galen.

"I'm terribly sorry for your loss," Galen greeted him with his condolences.

"The loss is not yet over, Galen," he replied. "There are rumors brewing that my sister is already moving to take the throne. I wanted to be sure I have your full support. You know I am the rightful successor of my father."

Galen looked at his feet. "You have my respect, sire... but politics are not my arena. Your sisters will likely make the same claim to that right."

"Have you forgotten that it is I who took you in, convinced father to give you a home and a career... I trained you, promoted you to guard of the royal family, I furnished you with all the weapons and armor you asked of me."

"I know... Galen said. I have not forgotten," Galen's said staunchly. He reached forward and grasped the shoulder of the prince... a thing not typically done by a military man...to touch the prince that is. "I will never forget the kindness you have shown me."

"Good," the prince said with a nod. "For now, I have a celebration to attend. It's unfortunate but on the day of my father's death the Tribal house of Sea Blue is holding the ceremony for those who have come of age... it will be important for me to attend and gain their support if I am to be the next Serpent Lord."

Galen only nodded and watched as the prince turned and walked away.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2015, 12:38 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

(The prince's name is Re. The princess shall be called Waqqasa, for now. I'm thinking of her arc.)

The matriarch barraged the maiden with unsolicited advice about the upcoming ceremony.

“You must keep your posture during the parade and during the feast. The gold braided into your hair will be heavy, but you must look regal. And afterward do not drink too heavily or overindulge in pipe-weed. There will be ten of you getting your names today - half of Umbar has turned out to see! - and you must be the most shining youth present…" on and on she chattered.

Mama Hind was her birth mother's sister, a plump woman with an easy smile who had raised her since she was an infant. Tinneara’s other mother, D’ad, had declared herself a shieldmaiden at her own naming ceremony, and so taken on rights and responsibilities normally reserved for men. Twenty years ago she had joined a legion and marched to the War of the Ring while her sister elected to remain a "good tribal girl" and accept the more traditional role for women. Hind was a ward of the tribe, could not own property, and could neither be sued nor challenged to a duel, but she was still a formidable personality, actively involved in the work and social life of Tribe Sea Blue.

And now all of her will was bent on getting her daughter through the day without a misstep that might provide fodder for gossips and lower her family's prestige within the tribal house.

“How do you feel about the celebration?” Hind asked.

“I fear the death of the Serpent Lord is an ill omen,” Tinneara admitted. “I’m excited to be an adult, but I just want to survive the day without disgracing myself.”

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2015, 5:59 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(Alright thanks. :) )

After Prince Re had left Galen walked briskly back to the castle. Soon he was met by the princess.

"Galen," she said with a heavy breath. "I'm so glad I found you."

Galen bowed his head. "I'm terribly sorry for your loss."

Waqqasa hung her head. "Thank you," she said softly. I'm afraid the troubles are not over. I-"

"I know," Galen interrupted.

Waqqasa looked up as her eyes widened. "So he has already talked to you?" She shook her head slowly. "Galen, please... I must have your loyalty! I need a strong leader on my side if I am to convince the military to follow me."

"Can the two of you not reason with each other?" Galen asked.

"You know my brother... and you know I am the rightful heir to the throne! Don't tell me you have forgotten our friendship so abruptly? What about all our plans... our hopes for the future of the kingdom? I must know if you are on my side, Galen."

"I will never abandon our friendship, Waqqasa. You have my word. You will always have it."

"Thank you," Waqqasa said with a sigh of relief. "Now... I must hurry to speak to the military leaders if I am to gain their support."

And off she went to her meetings.