Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reborn
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2015, 12:10 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Micah had not been awake long when Elitariel woke. He assumed she must have been dreaming, the way she came to.

He nodded to her questioning, a confirming gesture, then asked. "Yourself? You seemed quite dissoriented when you woke."

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2015, 5:29 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel let out a long breath and replied, "Yeah I'm ready. Just...." She closed her eyes and shook her head before opening them again. "....slept on a rock or twig", she lied. She couldn't tell him about her dreams. They were almost real, like visions or something. Surely he would think her crazy.

The elf scooped up the cub and held it under her arms. Taking one last glance back at their camp, she set forward on the path. "How far are we from the nearest town? I have never been this far away from home."

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2015, 7:11 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Micah grabbed his things and walked the path along Elitariel. The morning was calm. No wind, no birds, no rabbits hopping in the path.

"The next town is a long days journey from here if my memory serves." He glanced up at the clear sky. "By the looks of things we better try and make it there before we stop, there is likely to be harsh weather tonight."

He motioned to the first critter they had seen on their walk. A small porcupine. He was burrowing into a pile of twigs and decaying leaves. "The animals are all looking for shelter. We may have to do the same if weather hits before we reach a town."

After a brief moment of silence he looked over to her again. "I know sleeping on the ground can take some getting used to... But rocks and twigs are easy to move. Just remember, there is no need to explain yourself to me and I won't pry. If you ever do need to talk, though, I'll listen."

Hereached over and rubbes the lion cub on the head then looked straight into Elitariel's eyes for just a brief moment, placed a hand on her should with a pat and then walked up ahead of her in the path.

He knew things from her past must be hard to deal with. Being banished was not easy. It was clear she had been having aome sort of nightmare and Micah could only assume that might be it's topic.

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2015, 9:07 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel followed his eyes upward towards the sky. How he knew weather would be bad tonight, she did not know. She assumed it was from his experience of traveling and trusted his word. A small smile crossed her face as she looked at the porcupine. Such a strange creature, but cute in it's own way. The elf dearly hoped they would be able to reach the nearest town this evening before the severe weather met the travelers. She only had one pair of clothes and wished not to get them ruined, even though the bottom of her dress was already ragged and stained from dirt.

When Micah held her gaze, even if it was just for a brief moment, she could read right into him. This was an honest, true man. She slowed down her pace as he spoke and watched as he moved ahead. Why not tell him? Maybe he could give some insight.

Elitariel ran back up to meet Micah, walking beside him. The cub squealed as the elf stroked his fur gently. She let out a sigh and admitted, "It wasn't a twig or stone last night...I kept having these strange dreams, but they were so realistic, almost like visions." She paused momentarily before continuing the disturbing thoughts, "...There was darkness all around. I couldn't get away, it's like it almost consumed me. I couldn't run, I couldn't scream. No light, just dark. Then, I dreamed this same darkness shadowed over the lands. Not just darkness from night, but true evil. There was screaming...screaming everywhere...."

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2015, 10:06 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Under normal cercomstances Micah would have atoppes to talk to Elitariel but in light of the weather he kept up his brisk pace.

He furrowed his brow at her explination. "So nothing to do with your troubles with the other elves..." He pondered for a time. "Perhaps it is conected to your powers," he offered. "Of it is a premanition the are not always straight forward. Perhaps it is metaphorical."

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2015, 5:30 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel hoped that his guess was true. She shook her head, "Whatever it was, I hope it was just a one night occurrence. It was so real, so vivid" A shudder passed though her body at the thoughts again. "It's like...I knew I was dreaming it, but couldn't wake myself up. I was stuck in the dark and had to wait to wake until it was over." A bird suddenly flew overhead out of the trees, startling her very much. Enough so, that she grabbed the cub and quickly went behind Micah, staring up at the air.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2015, 8:19 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah listened to her intently as they walked along, when she startled at the bird he stoped. Instictually his hand floated to the hilt of his sword while his other floated back behind him to guard Elitariel. A brief second later he realized it was just a bird and he relaxed.

He turned around to look Elitariel in the eyes ans put a hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright?" His eyes showed a genuine concern for her fear.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2015, 9:22 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Realizing it was just a harmless bird, Elitariel relaxed a bit and sighed. Her face flushed as she replied, "I will be fine. Really." She smiled and placed her free hand lightly on top of his, on her shoulder. "Thank you for your concern." Her eyes went upward as more flocks of bird followed the previous. "I just got a little skittish, is all. Those dreams...they were nothing more than a nightmare.", she tried to convince herself, but deep down she knew it was more.

"Shall we continue? I'd hate for us to be trapped in nasty weather tonight." She gave his hand a gentle squeeze before removing it and shifting the cub to her other arm.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2015, 10:39 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah paused, even at her reasurance. "I am sure everything will be ok." He glanced up at the birds. He was unsure why they frightened her but he assumed they were running from the upcoming weather. Perhaps her dream had something to do woth the upcoming weather.

Micah nodded. "Yes, let's continue. A good noght's sleep in a real bes will do you good. Let's be sure to make it to that village."

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2015, 10:49 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel nodded and they continued on their path. Time went by and with every passing hour, the clouds above got a little more dark. The wind, barely anything in the morning, was now evident. She took in the new surroundings everywhere they walked, admiring even the smallest of things. The shapes of leaves on the trees, the smell of the air, the color of the grass.

The elf held the baby lion out in front of her, examining it. It really was a cute thing. How could something so sweet, turn into something so vicious? "You know", she spoke, "I need a name for this cub." She gently set it on the ground and it trotted between them, keeping up with their pace.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2015, 10:54 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah noted Elitaril's interest in her surroundings. He was glad that she seemed to put her worries of her dreams behind her. At least for now.

He looked down at the cub as it trotted between them. He was comically clumsy yet agile at the same time... If that were possible.

"A name would do him good," Micah said, glancing up at the sinking sun. They would make it to the village but it would be after dark before they arrived.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2015, 11:15 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel thought long and hard about a name for this cub. First things first, she didn't even know the gender. She scooped up the creature and examined it in front of her. "Male", she stated before pausing again, crinkling her face with hard thought. Then, a bright smile warmed her face as she announced, "Meldiron. It means friend in the elven language." She placed Meldiron back on the ground again between them. It perked it's ears up, as if knowing it now had a name to go by.

The elf noticed the sun setting very slowly, and the wind picking up strength. A look of concerned crossed her face, "You think we will make it?" Just then, very far off in the distance, was the faint booming of thunder.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2015, 11:50 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah smiled at the cub's name. It seemed to fit him.

He was about to answer Elitariel's question when the thunder sounded. He looked back at the fast approaching storm and ahead at the path that still lay before them.

"We need o hurry but I think we will make it." He told her.

He quickened his pace and sure enough, like clockwork, just as they stepped into the small town the rain began to fall. Small drops at first, but they were soon followed by fierce winds and sheets of pounding water. By the time they stepped through the doorway to the local inn they were soacked to the bone along with all their equipment.

"Looks like the two of you are just a minute too late," the inn keeper noted.

"Or right on time if your an optomist," Micah countered.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2015, 6:30 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel wrapped her arms around herself, jaws chattering. Not one inch of her was dry. Meldiron was underneath her armpit, shivering and dripping rain. She looked around the inn and it seemed like a fairly pleasant place. There was a fireplace in the far corner of the room, crackling and sending shadows against the wall. Elitariel did not want to interrupt Micah, so she motioned with her head to that corner. On the way to the fireplace, she snatched a lone napkin a table someone left behind. Luckily no one else was around the fire, so she bent down on her knees right in front of it.

She unwrapped the napkin, placed Meldiron on the floor and began drying him off with it. He was a feisty little thing, grunting and trying to get away from the elf and tortuous napkin. Elitariel noticed, though, she got a lot of strange looks from the people around her. Apparently it wasn't a normal sight to have a lion in the inn....

PostPosted: October 24th, 2015, 6:52 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah payed the inn keeper, moticing Elitariel's motioning to him. He also order a few supplies and once he was done he walked over to join Elitariel by the fire where she was drying off Meldiron.

He nodded to Elitariel and kneeled down beside her. He rubbed the cub lion on the head and handed Elitariel a bed roll, a pack with food and water, and two changes of clothing.

"I would have asked your size but this was the only size they had," Micah explained.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2015, 8:43 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel took the supplies and clothing, shaking her head, "It's alright, really. Any clothes now are better than these wet rags!", she laughed looking down at her sopping wet gown. Her golden hair was now dark with rain and matted against her face and chest.

She finished drying Meldiron with the napkin, and he now looked like a little puffball with legs. He tried to walk towards Micah, but stumbled over his own fluffiness. Elitariel couldn't help but let out a loud laugh. She covered her mouth as she noticed people looking in their direction. She leaned backwards a bit so she could look out one of the inn's windows. It was pitch black out, but with every flash of lightening, she could see the thick blankets of heavy rain. She didn't even need to look, as it was pounding hard against the windows and rooftop. "Will we be staying here tonight?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next