Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: May 1st, 2017, 4:43 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano looked over to Gaelrin and smiled a bit before looking back behind him in memory of the latest events. "Yes... yes I am feeling much better. I guess the troubling memories and harsh experiences of Helms Deep had stayed heavy on my mind. Tha kfuly I feel it lifting as we leave the place behind. I hope..." he paused. "I hope inside I never see Helms Deep again."

They talked a bit as they road until conversation trailed off with the long ride. When the soldiers came offering Kano an opportunity to come with them he agreed readily. "Of course, sir. I can handle the ride."

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2017, 4:10 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda closed her eyes as they kissed. She wanted to hold onto him so he would never have to leave her. But leave her he had to. It was his duty now as a soldier of the Mark. A breath escaped her lips as she watched Dunhama ride off with Kano riding next to him. It was not long before she noticed that he was looking at something past her so she curiously turned her head.
Her eyes locked with Wulgov's for a brief moment and she felt herself both blush and gasp before quickly averting her eyes.
Why did this man have such a hold on her?
She furrowed her brows in thought as she looked out across the wild fields and mountains in the distance. But she could still feel his eyes upon her...
-------------------------------------------
Gaelrin frowned and nodded in agreement as the recent memories started to flood her mind.
"Aye...I hope that nothing like this ever befalls us again."
She sighed then looked up as a rider approached them, then she nodded as Kano rode off to scout ahead.
"Goodbye, my friend..."

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2017, 7:28 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano waved a fatewell to Gaelrin and then to the others, following the riders out. Sage was a well trained horse with a smooth gait which made it easy for Kano to stay in the saddle even at a full gallop or a rough trot. As the scouts moved past the convoy Kano felt joy rish over him at the feeling of moving in unison woth his horse and the wind blowing through his hair. This was one of the only ways he could move swiftly any more and he enjoyed it immensely.

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2017, 10:26 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama was not used to riding, and though he was a reasonably skilled horseman, it had been some time since he last rode. But he soon was much smoother with it as the small company of gathered horsemen made their way toward Edoras. The hand full of veteran riders were watching to see how everyone they had given riderless horses to fared on this ride. It was as much a training ride as a scouting party, and little of interest was spotted. They would arrive hours earlier than the first of the caravan.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The wagons moved along slow when a pause came. A broken wheel on Wulgov’s wagon meant it would have to be abandoned, and the goods and family were found places on other wagons. Wulgov came up to Athilda and asked,

”Is there room for one more here?”

Before she could say anything, Wulgov jumped up and sat himself on the back where Dunhama had been and they started moving. Wulgov asked Athilda,

”Maybe you could see if my leg is healing proper?”

He put his hand behind his knee and stretched his leg out, flexing it to get the stiffness out. Gaelrin and Grihias both eyed him suspiciously…

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2017, 1:57 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda's turned to see what the commotion was about and to her surprise, she saw Wulgov approaching her. She took in a breath to respond, but wasn't able to, for he was already sitting down next to her and the cart was beginning to move again.
Athilda looked away from Wulgov for fear that he would see her heart, but after a few moments, she looked back at him and nodded.
"Aye, I suppose I should see how it fares."
She spoke hesitantly, but she made quick work of unwrapping his leg and to her surprise, saw that his wound was still closed and was doing well. She couldn't help but smile at the progress which he was making. Her smile faded as she looked up at him.
"You seem to be recovering quite well. I do not have any more dressing, but I will reapply the herbed oil and give you another draught, if you wish."
She glanced back towards his wound before he could respond, then she quickly took a small vial from her belt and poured a bit of the herbed oil over his stitched wound, then carefully wiped it over the wound.
"There you are, sir."
Athilda corked the vial and returned it to her belt, then wiped her hands on a cloth she kept with her.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2017, 7:55 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Wulgov could feel Athilda’s hands work the herbed oil over his leg. He tried very much to look like he didn’t enjoy it, but he may have only been half successful. When she was done, he said,

”I thank thee for your care of my wounds m’lady.”

He looked at her as she looked down. He could see he was making her uncomfortable. He then said,

”If you prefer, I could sit up front with the driver. It will give you some room here to relax. We should arrive by sundown.”

The sound of the wheels rolling rumbled as they went down a slight hill.

- - - - - - - - -

The riders arrived in Edoras where only chickens roamed. They cleared the way and Dunhama dismounted and led the horse to the training ground where they could get the animals and wagons settled. He would get some water ready for when the caravan arrived, for both people and animals would be thirsty.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2017, 8:29 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda noticed his reaction as she tended to his leg and blushed, but quickly lowered her gaze to her hands as she cleaned herself up. Why did this man seem to hold such power over her? But more importantly, why was she allowing herself to be enchanted by him? Her thoughts were interrupted by the deep timbre of Wulgov's voice, and when she looked up at him, she could tell that he was sincere. A beat passed before she answered him, and when she did, her tone revealed her curiosity about him.
"I would, but...there is something about you that intrigues me and causes me to wonder."
She glanced down at her hands as she realized just how vulnerable she was allowing her heart to be. All she said was true, though. There was an inexplicable draw she felt towards him....not romantically, of course. She just felt that he needed a friend. Maybe.
Athilda sighed then looked up at him.
"Dunhama asked me if we should allow you to come to our wedding."
Her heart skipped a beat as she thought about the nearness of her nuptials, but she continued. "I...did not know how to respond...at first. I wanted to reject the idea, for you were once and not so long ago, an enemy. But...you are his only family that he has left. I will leave the invitation open, but the deciding factor lies with Dunhama."

PostPosted: May 7th, 2017, 7:46 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Once they arrived at Edoras Kano could feel his heart settle into a strange comfort and solace at the return to this place. It seemed a place of his salvation where he first escaped the evil he grew up with.

He dismounted, Sage kneeling on hi front legs as Kano had been training him to do. It made getting on and off much easier and the smart horse was taking to his training well despite Kano's armature training abilities. The tricks the elf had shown him were helping greatly, though.

Using his canes he helped in what ways he could with gathering the water and getting things ready for the coming caravan.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 12:19 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Wulgov looked away from Athilda and nodded. After a moment listening to the wheels rolling and thinking that she did not want him to move away, he looked back to Athilda and said,

”I don’t think I have ever been told that I was intriguing. As for what you wonder about me, feel free to ask if you wish.”

He looked at his leg then over at Gaelrin riding along quietly on Sandy. He then looked over his shoulder and saw Grihias sitting up front with the driver, but looking back and scowling at him. Wulgov turned back and looked again to Athilda. He said,

”Dunhama has become a good man. His mother was right in what she did and getting away from my brother. To Dunhama now though, I am the only connection he has to those dark days, and he is right to project his hatred of his father on to me. I will respect his decision on this matter, but…”

He paused as he watched the gust of wind make A lock of Athilda’s hair dance about her cheek. He realized he was caught with the pause in his sentence and he sighed. He then finished by saying,

”It really means a lot to me that you, Lady Athilda, would not be opposed to me, a former enemy, from attending your wedding.”

Dunhama went to the tavern store room where he and his mother had lived years before. With the tavern empty, it was his only chance. He moved some kegs and searched under the dirt and straw. He found the wood box his mother kept her few precious items in that she had buried. Dunhama opened it, and he took out a small box the size of his palm. It was the only item inside the wood box, with the rest just straw. He opened the small box to reveal a silver ring that had sparkling white diamonds embedded in it. He looked at it closely, wondering if it would fit Athilda’s finger. It was his grandmother’s, and his mother was given it after she escaped Dunland and found her mother in Edoras.

Dunhama closed the small box and put it in his pouch, then closed and returned the wood box, then kicked the dirt around on the floor and placed the kegs back. He left and walked back to the training ground where he could see the lead of the caravan approaching.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 9:38 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano grew weary from hobbling about to make preparations but he did not slow. He pressed onwards until the caravans were in sight. At this point the man in charge announced that all the provisions were set and the men could take a rest. Kano leaned against a stone wall and took a deep breath.

Before long the first of the wagons were rolling in and civilians were rushing about from the line to their homes, or to get food and drink that was prepaired for them upon their arrival.

PostPosted: May 15th, 2017, 11:34 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda smiles kindly at Wulgov, but her eyes betrayed her nerves about this man who seemed to have an interest in her.
"I hope that by attending the wedding that others will see the goodness of your race...and you. Perhaps you will be able to redeem yourself yet, sir."

PostPosted: May 15th, 2017, 10:20 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

”Well yes, and being I’m on probation, I will try and remain upstanding. As for your wedding, I suppose I will have to wait for Dunhama to say.”

Wulgov turned and looked up toward Edoras which was approaching. He turned back and said to her,

”I believe I see Dunhama now up on the rise of Edoras.”

Wulgov gave Athilda a smile and looked back to those following them. A sound of joy started to rise as the sight of the city came into view of more and more. It would be a joyous evening!

Dunhama watched close and saw that the wagon Athilda was on was not in line where it had been. He grew concerned and was about to ride out to find them.
But he sighted the wagon and Gaelrin riding Sandy near it, and was relieved. He smiled and waved, even if the wagon may have been too far away for anyone to see him.
He smiled and watched, wanting to hold Athilda’s hand again.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 15th, 2017, 10:49 pm 
Ent
Ent

"Aye, that you will, sir."
She assured him as he turned to look behind them. When he told her the news her heart burst with joy and anticipation and when she turned around, she smiled broadly, as if she were imagining Dunhama standing by the entrance waiting to greet her.
As if in response to her silent wish, Athilda thought she saw someone waving up on the hill.
"Dunhama."
She muttered as she reached her arm up in the air and waved it back and forth.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2017, 7:52 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

As the long line of people continued filtering into the city Kano began helping with providing for the needs of the travelers. After a long while he saw Athilda, Gaelrin and Grihias.

He glanced around to see Dunham already on his way to greet them and he joined them as well as their wagon came to a stop.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 8:08 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunham... I mean Dunhama was excited that Athilda had arrived safe. What he couldn't guess was why Wulgov was riding in the wagon she and Grihias rode in. No matter, he was glad with their arrival.

"Athilda my love!"

There was no oter words as they came together. Dunhama lifted and turned with her as he smiled and gave her a hug.

"I missed you so, even if it was just a short time! Come! There is hot food and drink ready for all who has been on the road."

He looked at Gaelrin who was smiling as she rode Sandy up. He smiled at her and said,

"Lady Gaelrin! You look every part a shieldmaiden of Rohan on your fine horse. Come, you and Grihias must be hungry!"

He turned and took Athilda's hand, ignoring Wulgov and started toward the grounds here the stews were being prepared. Dunhama's fingers entwined with hers as he lifted her hand and looked at her beautiful fingers. Their hands dropped to their sides as he said to her,

"I have something I will give you when we wed my love. It is something quite special to me, for it was my grandmothers."

He smiled, unable to take his eyes from Athilda.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 10:58 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda couldn't wait for their cart to stop, so she quickly jumped out and ran to meet Dunhama and smiled and laughed as he wrapped her in his arms and lifted her off her feet.
"I have missed you so, my handsome solider."
She placed her hand gently on his stubbly cheek and gazed into his eyes, then kissed him on the cheek before he led her and the siblings over to where the prepared food and drink stations were.
Athilda smiled as she gazed into her soon-to-be husbands' eyes.
"I will treasure it forever, then."
A thought passed and her smile began to fade.
"I...I am afraid that I have nothing to give you in return, Dunhama."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 45  Next