Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: January 20th, 2018, 8:30 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

”No, he cannot break that, in life or in death. We have alll our yesterdays, and our now forever…”

Nothing more was said as they held each other close, forgetting the world outside.

~ ~ ~

Railan awoke suddenly and gasped for breath. She blinked her eyes and saw that it was still dark. Annienna had already gone, but she was sure she was not alone while she slept. She started to get up, but her head pounded, and she had no clothes on. She found a dress hanging there, but looked for her own. She had no choice but to put the deep midnight blue dress on. It was somewhat tight but it fit her well. She stepped out of the tent to see the fires low. She needed to get back to Lady Eowyn. She found herself walking slowly toward the sound of voices. She paused when she realised it was Eowyn having stern words with Aragorn. The Dunedain were all ready for war and were riding toward the Dimholf Road, but Eowyn held to Aragorn. Railan started to go to Eowyn, but the eyes of Annienna pierced her from afar and stopped her in her tracks. Railan understood that Eowyn would have to bear this grief alone. She turned and walked away. She paused again listening. Her hearing had never been this good. She could hear distinct sounds, and she quietly went to find their source. She silently sat down outside a tent and listened, closing her eyes and imagining being with Dunhama and Athilda.

~ ~ ~

The sound of a horn echoed through the hills, followed by more. Though it looked as if night would not end, the sun had risen without notice. It was the dawnless day, and the light of day struggled to break the deep charcoal skies filled with the filth of Sauron. Railan jumped awake, finding herself laying on the ground. She stood and brushed herself off as she looked at the fine dress she wore, and hurried off to find Eowyn. The riders would ready for war and would ride toward Gondor this day. Inside the tent, Dunhama and Athilda slept soundly, for no horn awoke them from their exhausted dreams.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 20th, 2018, 1:12 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda slept through the sound of the horns, despite the fact that they resounded loudly throughout the camp; she did start to rouse, however at the sound of the Commanders' voice just outside their tent. She opened her eyes to find her husband's eyelids shoot up, and as she glanced up to where the voice came from, she immediately sat up and covered herself with a blanket before donning her underclothes, dress, and shoes.
Her eyes darted back to her husband, and as she combed through her hair, she watched him put on his clothes and go to the Commander.
Nervous dread and fear started to fill her heart as Dunhama and the other man spoke, for what they spoke of was filled with ominous despair, and for a brief moment, she began to feel sick to her stomach. She didn't think anything of it, but merely connected the sick feeling to be from her nerves and fears. Time would really tell what it was though.

PostPosted: January 21st, 2018, 10:20 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

At the sound of the horn Kano jolted awake. It was time to prepare for the ride. All their things were readied the night before and only needed to be loaded on the horses. Still... Kano wanted to be sure it was done as soon as possible.

He looked upon Gaelrin, who still lay sleeping beside him. He kissed her gently on the forehead and climbed quietly out of the tent. He figured she could use as much sleep as she could get.

Kano readied their things, packing Gaelrin's discreetly so none would wonder. He made it look as though she were simply packed to return to Edoras. Hidden away, however, was a second set of Rohirim armor that for Gaelrin. The helmet would conceal her identity and allow her to ride to war unnoticed.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2018, 10:27 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin slept peacefully throughout the night, despite the fact that her dreams taunted her with visions of her parents and visions of the upcoming war. Not long after the images of war faded into her memory did she feel pressure on her forehead. But it was not painful or agressive-like a blow to head would be-but rather it was gentle, kind and caring. She flashed a smile and moved her head to the side; but it was not long after did she realize that there was no one lying next to her. Her eyes fluttered open to reveal an empty space where Kano had laid last night. Her brows furrowed in confusion and worry and she shot up, her eyes searching for him in the tent.
"Kano? Kano?!"
She stood up and put on her cloak as she limped out of the tent.
Relief washed over her like a wave as she saw him preparing their bags, but she blushed lightly in embarrassment.
"Forgive me, I....I thought...I was afraid the company had already left."
She quieted her voice so no one else around them could hear, then she embraced him.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2018, 11:52 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano looked up from his work as he heard Gaelrin call his name. She sounded worried. He turned just in time to see her exit the tent. He welcomed her into his embrace and shook his head at her apology.

"You have nothing to worry about," he assured her. "I would never leave you against your wishes. Besides... My heart could not bear to leave you." Kano kissed Gaelrin gently on the forehead as he hugged her and rubbed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Kano pulled away, only slightly. Just enough to look Gaelrin in the eyes. "For now," he told her. "I think there is a pack that needs your particular attention." He motioned to a pack tucked hidden under the tent flap. I side the pack was her Rohirim armor.

Before she could turn from him to get suited up, however, he pulled her in gently against him. "This may be my last chance for a short time," he whispered in her ear, then moved his lips to her and kissed her deeply.

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2018, 1:10 am 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin opened her mouth to thank Kano but no words came out; instead, she found her lips moving as she returned his kiss-his deep and gentle kiss. She tilted her head as her hands rested on the nape of his neck, while her fingers became entwined with his hair. It was in this moment that she felt true bliss-she loved this man, despite only knowing him for less than a span-and it was something she never wanted to end.
But she had to, for she had to prepare herself.
"Kano..." She forced herself to mutter his name under his kiss.

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2018, 9:41 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano wrapped his arms around Gaelrin, resting a hand on her back and his other on her hip. "Mhm?" He replied, not pulling away from her.

With everything in him, he wished their time together could be extended... Somehow. He knew they had little time, though. After another moment, long and drawn out, he drew away from her. His eyes looked into hers we the a deep love. "What is it?" He finally spoke again.

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2018, 10:21 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin released a soft breath at Kano's touch, but leaned into him and kissed him ever more. She didn't want this moment with him to end, for it was in his arms that she honestly felt the safest and the boldest.
But as he pulled away from her and gazed into her eyes, she couldn't help but feel smitten by him. Her eyes danced in his for a few brief moments before she reaches up and gently places her hand on his cheek.
"We must go...if we tarry any longer, I may not make it out with you."

PostPosted: January 26th, 2018, 1:37 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Though it was morning, it was dark. The air hung thick and still and stiflingly humid, as if the darkness was taking away the very air they breathed. Grihias had awakened to a stir, even as he remembered the Dunedain and the elves and dwarf ride away down the Dimholt Road. Now, the King spoke of how ill this news is to the morale of the Rohirrim, that fine kinghts of the north freely ride away to their death on the eve of battle. And yet, haste was needed, for a company of riders from the Eastfold reported that Gondor’s Beacon of Halifirien was seen igniting. King Theoden had announced they would ride with much fewer riders than he had hoped. To delay would be grievous for Gondor, and to await the full muster would have them only find a city in ruins and the host of Mordor marching toward Rohan. Should any other riders come late they will muster and ride as a second wave, or if things went badly, try and defend the homeland.

Dunhama struggled to get up and dressed even as the summons from his commander came. He stood squinting as Athilda hurried to dress. At the second call from his commander Dunhama managed to get his breeches and tunic on and come out of the tent. His commander was solemn looking. He said,

”The King summons” all. Be at the field of muster as soon as you can.’

Athilda stepped out of the tent and the commander looked at her and said,

”You are required as well my lady. All healers and assistants are to report to the wagons. Come now!”

Dunhama nodded and said,

“We will be there.”

The commander nodded and mounted his horse. He said as he started off,

”Don’t be late Dunhama, or I will have to put you on report. You two got married, and you had some time. Now there is a war to be won!”

Dunhama sighed. He turned to Athilda and said,

”This will be our last walk together my love.”

He took her hand and they stared toward the field. They paused beside Gaelrin and Kano when they came, for the King was beginning to speak,

”People of Rohan! Hear my words…”

“SCCCRREEEeeee…”

Came a horrid blood-curdling cry from above. Men covered their ears and ducked away in fear. The king looked up in defiance as the dark winged creature turned and flew back toward the east. The King went on,

”It is because of such evil that we cannot ride the open road to war. We must take paths less travelled and more hidden, which will cause us delay yet may give less warning to our approach to the enemy. The first companies to go will be Eomer’s, followed by mine, then Elfhelm, then Deorwine. The rest will follow closely. Each will have a support wagon with them. Everyone report to your assigned company and prepare, for we set forth in haste!”

Railan nodded and turned. The assignments of the support wagons have bee set, and she found that she would be on Eomer’s wagon as a healer assistant to Athilda. Did Athilda know that Lady Eowyn had listed her with the title of Healer of the Mark? Railan was excited and turned to go find Athilda, but she saw her entwined with Dunhama and she paused and watched them. He was in Deorwine’s company, so they with Eomer would be well in front of him. They would have to part soon, so Railan went and made sure the wagon was well stocked. It was when Wulgov walked up.

”Hello Lady Railan. It seems I have been assigned to drive this wagon.”

Railan curtsied slightly and said,

”The supplies are set. We await Lady Athilda, our Healer of the Mark.”

She pointed and Wulgov turned, seeing the two still locked in embrace.

Dunhama said as he held Athilda,

”I find it such an odd turn of events that you will be in the forefront and I follow behind. Yet I am sure the King will set his support safely before we ride to battle.”

Dunhama looked at her face and brushed a wayward lock away even as Eomer’s riders started to set out. Railan ran over to get Athilda, for Wulgov was already in the wagon and it started rolling...

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 27th, 2018, 5:33 pm 
Ent
Ent

"Yes, my lord." Athilda replied quietly to the Commander as she dipped her head and curtsied. As she walked with Dunhama over towards where Kano and Gaelrin stood, she couldn't help but feel a sense of fear creep into her heart. Athilda looked up as King Theoden began to speak, but then she gasped loudly at the sound of a large beast flying above them and entwined herself in her husbands' arms for safety. Her heart raced with a newfound fear, and even as the King spoke, silent tears rolled down her cheeks. Never before had she been this terrified, not even in Helm's Deep was she this afraid. But she had to be brave. She needed to, for if she was not, then she would have nothing left in this world.
But even so. That did not keep her fears at bay. Even when she gazed into her husbands eyes; even as he gently touched her, the fear of going to a war and coming back alone shook her to her core.
Athilda opened her mouth to speak, but she could not find the words to say. Instead, she kissed him in the darkening sky, not caring that they stood in the sight of many...
It was only after the sound of Ralian's voice beckoning her to join the wagon did she pull away, but even so, she kept her face close to his as she whispered into his lips.
"I love thee, my husband. Do not forget the promise you made to me back in Helm's Deep."
The corners of her mouth lifted into a sad smile as her eyes danced in his, as if she were committing his expression, his face to her memory.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2018, 2:12 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano nodded, reluctantly releasing Gaelrin from his embrace. None too soon, either. It was not moments after Gaelrin was in her armor that a messenger came and summoned them.

The King explained the situation and then everyone went quickly about their work. Kano kept a close eye on where Gaelrin was, making his way into Eomer's company. They were soon to head out.

As the horses started moving Kano fell in line. The ride had begun.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2018, 6:27 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama gazed over Athilda and as the wagon came by, Wulgov slowed, and Dunhama kissed Athilda as he thought of her words. He looked deep into her eyes and ran his fingers through her hair as his hands held her head.

I love thee dear Athilda, and I hold the locks of your hair that you have given me. My heart holds me to the promise I made, and we will be together forever!”

Dunaham lifted Athilda by her hips, giving her a kiss and lifting her up on to the wagon beside him. He eyed Wulgov but for a moment but turned his gaze again to Athilda. He saw Railan leaning out from the back watching him, and they set off after Eomer’s company. Dunhama stood back and watched as the wagon rolled on and disappeared from sight. He turned to get his horse ready, thinking how strange it was that his wife and his friends rode off to war while he still waited. He hoped that he would be able to see Athilda once more before they rode into battle, and longed already for the bivouac at the end of this long mountain road.

~ ~ ~

Wulgov was quiet as he concentrated on steering the wagon along the narrow track. He could not let the fact that Lady Athilda sat beside him. Railan leaned out between them and watched as they rode forth. Railan looked at Athilda and saw her deep in thought, and she lay her hand on her shoulder and gave her a slight squeeze. She said, trying to break the heaviness in the air around them,

”It seems the Lady Eowyn has seen fit to make me your assistant, Lady Athilda. I hope I serve you to the best of my ability.”

Athilda turned and looked into Railan’s deep blue eyes and Railan smiled slightly. Wolgov listened but could not look. He wasn’t going to wreck his wagon on this road.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 29th, 2018, 10:21 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin unwillingly forced herself away from Kanos' arms and limped into the tent where she changed into the leather and chainmail armor. Not long after she braided her hair down her back and put on her helm was the summons for them to ride out called. Her stomach felt like it was doing flips, and she suddenly felt nausous, but she calmed herself and limped out to where Sandy ate grass and mounted her.
"Trot safely, and keep Kano in your sight, Sandy. We have a long road ahead of us."
Gaelrin pulled on her reigns and joined the ranks of horsemen as they rode off to war. Tears began to flood down her cheeks as she thought of who she was fighting for.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Athilda fought back the tears that threatened to spill down her cheeks as her husband kissed her and spoke of the hope his promise still held.
A bitter smile reached her lips as Dunhama lifted her up onto the wagon, and she couldn't help but keep her eyes on him as Wulgov led the wagon down the road. Once there was nothing left to look at, Athilda turned her gaze to the road ahead of them and became lost in her own thoughts.
Although she tried to ignore it, there was a slight tense feeling in the air; perhaps it was merely from the oncoming war, but she felt that it was something closer to home. The tenseness came from the man she sat next to; she let out a breath and shifted in her seat, then she smiled at Ralians' words.
As she turned to look into her eyes, Athilda couldn't help but wonder if the longing she saw in her eyes was for her husband, or...or for someone...else. Her heart started to flutter nervously as Ralian's eyes danced around hers, and for a moment, she blushed, wondering if that other person was....no. No, it couldn't be.
Athilda blinked and smiled, then placed her hand gently ontop of her friends.
"I would be honored to have you as my assistant, Lady Ralian. Although I honestly do not believe that I am worthy of such a gift. But alas, I will do my best, just as I know you will."

PostPosted: January 30th, 2018, 12:38 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano kept close to Gaelrin as they rode along. The trip would be long, but they set.out at no slow pace. He began to wonder... What would it certainly to? What must they all suffer for the sake of country and Kin? The thought plagued him ever more as they went.

He wished he.had Gaelrin to talk to. She was so close, yet entirely out of reach. When they paused for rest.he would join her.

PostPosted: January 31st, 2018, 5:51 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Railan smiled as she climbed forward and settled on the bench seat between Athilda and Wulgov, putting her arm around Athilda and giving her a gentle hug.

"I heard of and saw saw some of your healer's work at Helms Deep. When I tended to those whom you have helped, they wished to thank you for your healing touch. You deserve the King's title of Healer of the Mark. To serve you is my honour, and I will do what you need or wish me to do."

Athilda smiled slightly and briefly, and Railan rubbed her arm gently before returning her hand to her lap. The wagon rolled along for a bit before Railan turned to Athilda and took her hand.

"Fear not for Dunhama, for fear is a mind killer. May we trust in this elven god Lady Varda, keeper of the Stars, to watch over him, and us. He will come again to us... you, when this war is over."

Wulgov looked at Railan sidelong as she finished speaking, glimpsing at Athilda for a moment. He nodded slightly as he turned again to watch the track.

~ ~ ~

In Dunharrow, Elfwine's company had set out after Theoden's, and Deorwine had his riders ready. The sound of a frantic horse was suddenly heard riding up. The roder quickly dismounted while his horse was taken to rest. He came to Deorwine and said,

"The Mark has been invaded! Orcs have come from Emyn Muyl! Our screen is harrying them while they retreat, but they will not be able to stop them! More men are needed!"

Deorwine thought of what he should do. There was no time to send word to the king and get an answer. No, this decision was his, and his alone to make. He called his men together while the exhausted rider was given water.

”I need a volunteer to run this message forward to Elfwine, Theoden, and Eomer!”

Nearly all hands went up, but it was Dunhama who rode forth to Deorwine.

”I will go sir.”

“Very well.”

Deorwine turned to the commander of Dunhama’s company and said,
Halmon will take his company of one hundred riders and set out immediately with the rider who came to us with this ill news. If so informed by King Theoden upon the return of Dunhama, Elfhild’s company will follow Halmon. It will be all we can spare.”

Deorwine turned to Dunhama and said,

”Ride swift and do not tarry. Give the King word of this messenger, and my command decisions. I will spare one hundred, and another hundred or more should he wish it. Now go!”

Dunhama nodded and turned his horse, He went forth with as much speed as he could.

Halmon readied his company to ride back toward Edoras, but would take the track toward Aldburg before arriving there. As soon as a fresh horse was given to the rider, they set off with speed, hoping to make it to the Eastmarch before all was lost.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 5th, 2018, 11:44 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda took some comfort in Ralians' embrace, and her kind, reassuring words soothed most of her worries away; she was glad that she would not have to travel alone with Dunhama's uncle, but there was still the distance between her and her husband. The relative silence stretched for nearly 10 minutes, and in that time, Athilda could only ponder about the grave future that loomed ahead of them as they rode towards the war.
Her stomach suddenly turned sour and she made a face, but she was suddenly distracted as Ralians' hand twined in hers. When she lifted her gaze to meet the maidens', she saw within them a...fondness, or a longing. As if to ascertain her suspicions, Ralian mentioned Dunhama coming back to both of them, before quickly correcting it to be just her that he would come back too.
She loved him.
Athilda furrowed her brows and let out a breath then lowered her gaze down to the grass on Wulgov's side.
She should have known that her friend had feelings for Dunhama, for she had seen the same yearning in her eyes when the two of them were just meeting and even during the wedding she saw the same twinkle in her eye.
Athilda swallowed and loosened her fingers until they slipped from Ralians' grasp.
Perhaps she would have no one with her during this war. Tears began to fall down her cheeks, at first slow, but then everything broke within her and she began to sob.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next