Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: June 25th, 2017, 12:20 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

"I pray that will be the case," Kano said, bringing his gaze to meet her own. He contemplated her stamered words and flustered appearance for a moment. "Gaelrin... may I be forward with you?"

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: June 25th, 2017, 9:29 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama managed to get Grihias into a fair tunic and breeches, and for the both of them, the dirt of the road had been washed away. Dunhama cleaned his leathers as best he could and even managed to get his hair combed some. He took a breath and thought he was quite inadequate to be getting married to such a fair lady as Athilda looking so. He said to Grihias,

"You are looking dashing my young friend. Will you stand with me when I wed the fair Lady Athilda? I will have Kano there, but I want you with me as well. You see, I have nobody but you and Kano and your sister that I really know. Sure I know many of the soldiers and many call to me for some part before I got knocked out in battle, but I need my friends, and I wish you all to share in my joy in wedding Lady Athilda."

'I don't know..."

Grihias said as he kicked at the wooden floor. He looked up at Dunhama and said,

"You will go off with the healer, and my sister will go off with Kano, and I'll be here holding the keys."

"What? What keys?"

Dunhama asked. Grihias shied back and blushed. He said quietly,

"It was something my mother used to say when father went off to his service. I will stand with you Dunhama of the Breach."

Dunhama looked at the boy for a moment before they walked out of the kitchen. It was then he heard the sable words of the woman he loved...

"Dunhama?"

The velvet words pressed into his ears. He froze and looked. Her smile was like a beacon in the night, and he too smiled. He stepped forth and said,

"Lady Athilda my love! I know it has only been hours, but it feels like days. Your presence brings me a joy that I cannot put to words."

He could not help but embrace Athilda and look deep into her eyes. His fingers ran through her hair that hung by her cheek, and he took a deep breath. He said finally,

"This night will be a celebration of victory. But my eyes are on tomorrow, where we will wed in the herb garden in the noonday sun. Should it rain, I will wed thee none the less, for I love thee Lady Athilda, and I look to the day that I call you wife, and then will I feel complete!"

Dunhama realized there were others around, and he was talking too much. His hands had slid around Athilda's waist and his fingers locked together at the small of her back, and he drifted in the depths of her eyes as he smiled. He took a breath and let his hands loose as he suddenly was at a loss for words. He felt like he was drowning in her beauty.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 25th, 2017, 10:31 am 
Ent
Ent

A lump caught in Gaelrins' throat as Kano looked at her, but she nodded steadily.
"O-of course you may."
She let out a breath and lowered her gaze to the fire pit as she chastised herself for being so foolish.
Why on earth was she acting like such a fool? And to someone she just met too! Well, whatever Kano was going to say, she probably deserved it; she was the one being too forward.
Gaelrin sighed as she looked back up into Kanos' eyes, ready for whatever chastisement he gave.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Athilda smiled as Dunhama approached her, and when he wrapped his arms around her, she felt complete. Being in his embrace was where she felt most safe, and although there were people wandering about, it was only them.
A sigh escaped her lips and she blushed as she thought of their wedding day. Even though it was just the next day, she felt as though it were years away. She wanted to be married to him now, but she couldn't ask that of King Theoden. So, she would wait contentedly and stare happily into his eyes.
"My love, were it possible, I would marry you right now. But that would not be fair to you, for you deserve a celebration. You are a hero."
She smiled as lifted her chin and leaned into him kissing him gently on the lips.
"You are my hero."
She whispered as she pulled away from him.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2017, 9:57 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano hesitated for only a second, a thoughtful expression on his face as he thought of the best way to structure his next few words. "Gaelrin, you are a fair young women, and it seems the more time we spend with one another the more I feel an attraction between the two of us. I will beg your pardone if I misread things but it's a matter I can't let continue." He looked upnto her with a sad expression. "Not without telling you of my past." He hung his head with a look of shame. "If you share these feelings I am experiencing, please tell me. I simply can't entertain a romantic interest without you knowing certain... things." His gaze settled on the fire and looked not again to Gaelrin. He spoke confidentily but it was clear he was nondoubt a little shy of the subject.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2017, 9:01 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin blushed and began to smile as he validated what she hoped might be true. Her smile faded however when he spoke of his past and as she searched his eyes, she felt her heart begin to light up with hope.
"What you speak of is true, Kano. I...I know it sounds foolish to be drawn to someone you just met but...it is something that I cannot hide. Not from anyone else, much less myself."
She took a nervous breath and glanced down at his hands, then reached over and rested her hand atop his and smiled sweetly.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2017, 1:24 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano looked over to her, a smile graced his lips, though it was small. He took her hand in his palm and placed his other hand on top. "Gaelrin," he breathed a sigh and looked her in the eye. "I'm a Dunlanding..." he said softly. "My parents tried to force me to take part in a raid a few months back and I hid during the fighting. After it was over they must have left me for dead because they never came looking. They knew I didn't agree with their way of life. That's when i showed up in Edoras as a refugee. I hd not been there a week when we left for helms deep. It's... regrettable I share ancestry with those who attacked us but I hope you can understand. I hope that fighting for the people of Rohan will prove where my lotalties trully lie. I just... could not hide this from you to let you find out later. I would rather get it out in the open now."

He braces for her response. He knew not what she might say. Would she be understanding? Perhaps not?

PostPosted: June 28th, 2017, 11:20 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Wulgov worked at unloading wagons and helped with getting supplies brought to the Hall for the celebration. Hidden stores were opened but he was not allowed to see where they were. Once they were brought down, he would unload the wagons. There was wine and ale and cheese and bread, and some fresh meat was brought down from the high country for the making of roasts and stews. As he brought his third keg of ale in, he paused and wiped the sweat from his brow. He looked about and his eyes stopped when he saw Athilda turn from Dunhama and started working on preparations. He watched her as she walked over to a long table and threw a covering over it. She leaned over it and spread the folds smooth from the cloth and when she was satisfied, she stood up. Wulgov had lost himself in admiring her perfect form, but quickly averted his eyes elsewhere when her head started to turn toward him. He immediately found Dunhama squinting at him with a burning stare, only momentarily looking over at his bride to be before returning his eyes to Wulgov. They stood for a moment looking at each other before Wulgov gave Dunhama a quick wink and walked back out to get more of the provisions. Dunhama looked back over to Athilda and she smiled as their eyes met. He looked past her and saw that Grihias had been put to work setting out the bowls and mugs, and so he turned and went outside and relieved the guard that was posted there by the door. He was looking uncomfortable and was in need of a break. He was really wanting to keep his eyes on Wulgov, and should he have a chance, talk to him.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 29th, 2017, 4:41 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin let out a breath as she glanced at the fire again; she began to pull her hand from under his, but stopped as he told his story. She blinked and remained silent for a few moments as she processed the information, then she looked up at him with uncertainty.
"I....appreciate your desire to fight alongside the Rohirriam to show your alliance with us but...I cannot pretend to ignore your heritage, Kano. And yet, I also cannot ignore your bravery for escaping and seeking refuge here....and fighting alongside my father."
A small smile made it's way to her lips as a tear spilled down her cheek.
"You have only been kind to me and my brother, and for that I will not tell anyone of your past. I promise you."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Athilda smiled and watched Dunhama walk to his new post by the door, then she continued her work as she prepared for the festivities.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2017, 11:40 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano nodded, slowly withdrawing his hands from Gaelrin's and randomly grabbing a few sticks to throw in the fire. "Then you understand, at least, why I had to be forward. That is more than I could ask of most. Thank you." His eyes flickered up to Gaelrin and then back to the fire. "I suspect Dunham and Athilda are making preparations for their special day... perhaps they would desire help."

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2017, 9:22 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

With the setting of the sun, the Great Hall came to life. King Theoden proclaimed the evening as the great celebration of the victory over Saruman, and the subduing of the Dunlandings and a watchful peace with them. The food was prepared and served and the wine, ale, and mead flowed freely. The King spoke of the many who suffered bitterly, and the widows and orphans were held in high honour at the feasting table. So it was that at one of the high tables were seated the orphans Gaelrin and Grihias, the widowed mother Meriam and her daughter Mylana, Dunhama of the Breach, Kano of the Great Ride, and Athilda the tireless healer of Helms Deep. Across the way was the table with Aragorn of the Dunedain, Legolas, of the Woodland realm, Gimli of the Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, Gandalf the Wizard, Elrohir, Elladan, and Sarath the healer, Elladan's wife. The King sat at a table with Eomer and Eowyn, and there stood and made proclamations of victory.

Dunhama sat and held Athilda's hand below the table. Thinking of their ceremony the next day filled his mind and Athilda had to hold his hand in place to bring him back to this night. The music filled the hall and Dunhama looked around the table and smiled as he looked at each one of his friends he had met in this dark time. This celebration was for the victory, but to Dunhama, it was more than that. His eyes rested first on Gaelrin. Such a strong young woman to bear the burdens that had befallen her, yet, she seemed to have still a youthful happiness within her. He looked at Grihias and saw something of himself in the boy. He seemed to cope with his lot in life, but the grim look in his eyes spoke loud. Dunhama looked over to Athilda and caught her looking at him. He took a deep breath and squeezed her hand. To have met and fallen in love with such a remarkable woman and to marry her was a blessing he never expected nor could not fully comprehend. But she meant the world to him, and he could not turn his gaze from her, even as the King called for a toast for victory. Dunhama lifted his wine glass and gave a cheer, but his eyes were only on Athilda.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 8th, 2017, 11:34 am 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin inhaled sharply and glanced away before wiping the tear away from her cheek. After a few moments of silence, she looked back up at him and nodded her head.
"Yes, perhaps we should go and help them."
She paused as she carefully and slowly stood up; once they had mounted their horses, they made their way up to the great hall in silence.
After helping Athilda and Dunhama, Gaelrin was offered a seat at a long table and said a silent prayer as Theoden spoke of the ones who were lost. Once the King sat down, they began to eat, and after taking a bite of bread, Gaelrin turned to Kano and smiled softly.
"I was wondering, Kano, if you wouldn't mind teaching me some skill with the sword? Ever since the attack on our journey to Helm's Deep, I have been longing to learn to defend those I love."
------------------------------------------------------
Athilda squeezed Dunhama's hand slightly in return, hoping that the action would calm her ever beating heart. She never could have imagined that she would find friendship and love in these dark times, and yet, here he was, gazing into her eyes. Athilda smiled broadly and lifted her wine glass and gave a loud cheer as the King ushered a cry of victory. She laughed after the shout, and, unable to help herself, she leaned towards Dunhama and kissed him gently, but passionately on the lips.
(Hey friends! I want to apologize for being MIA these past few weeks. I had company over last weekend, and life just got a bit crazy. Anyways, I hope you all are doing well!)

PostPosted: July 8th, 2017, 10:54 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano nibbled at his food, his mind would not leave the recent events. He looked up at Gaelrin's voice and nodded. "I would be glad to teach you what I know. I pray you won't need to use it but one can never be too careful."

He looked across to Athilda and Dunham. They seemed quite happy. His gaze then flitted over to the strangers who still stay in Edoras. He wondered what their further business was here. He was greatful for their help but something told him their pressence bode ill for Rohan still and the hard times were not yet over for them all.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2017, 9:20 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama smiled after tasting Athilda's lips, and he sipped some more of the wine. The bread was a bit stale but there had not been time to get the ovens fired and fresh made so soon after returning. The cheese made up for it as did the fresh meat. He looked again at Athilda and traced the features of her face with his eyes as she laughed and talked and sipped her wine. When she caught him looking at her, he smiled and said,

"I long for another day to pass, and to see you on the garden in the sun! Your beauty knows no bounds Lady Athilda, and I will treasure this moment in memory for the rest of my life."

Athilda's smile slowly faded after he spoke, but after a moment, Dunhama smiled and said to her softly,

"Forever My Love!"

Hi lifted his wine glass and nodded to Lady Athilda, and as she piked up her glass, the light sound of them touching set them at ease as they took a drink.

Grihias was busy eating his fill and talking to a soldier who sat next to him. He had known and served with his father for a few years, and so was telling the boy of the tales he and his father had been part of. He looked over at Gaelrin and Kan on occasion, but they were deep in conversation.

The evening was slowly getting louder as the King and Eomer discussed deeply something that the wizard was saying. The Dunedain sat apart at their own table to the side with the two elf brothers and the lady healer. The traveling dwarf and elf also sat there, and for a time their Chieftain Aragorn sat with them. He had then stood and excused himself, and he walked over across the hall where Lady Eowyn met him. She held an ornate flagon and offered it to him. He took it and drank some of the mead before handing it back. The Lady Eowyn broke into a broad smile. Dunhama had watched the exchange, and wondered if the Dunedain knew of the Rohirrim custom. It would seem not. Dunhama realized he should do the same with Lady Athilda, but he waited for her to offer the mead up to him. He smiled and let the sound of the voices and the musical instruments fall away as he again considered life with the woman he loved.

(OOC: No worries Melanie. I've been quite busy offline of late so haven't noted the slower pace. Enjoyed some time off work and an anniversary and a Medieval Faire. I hpe to keep a closer eye on here again going forward)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 12th, 2017, 10:49 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin smiled warmly and nodded at Kano, but as she glanced down to reach for her drink, she looked up and noticed that he was watching the people around him. He looked distraught and uneasy. So, she set down her drink and looked up at him with her hand outstretched towards him.
"Would you like to dance?"
She asked boldly as the musicians began to play a lively tune.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Athilda laughed and blushed as she watched Dunhama's eyes dance over her. She truly was the luckiest woman in all of Rohan to be marrying such a man. A sigh of elation and contentment passed her lips before she raised her glass next to his and took a sip of the wine.
She scooted closer to him and kissed him again, then pulled away and searched his eyes.
"My heart leaps for joy at the prospect of walking towards you in the garden tomorrow. I wish the night would go quickly and yet, I do not want it to fly by, for I too will cherish this moment forever in my heart. "

PostPosted: July 13th, 2017, 9:22 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano was snapped back to the pressent as Gaelrin spoke. He looked to her outstretched hand and it took him a moment to process what she had requested.

"I would be honored, my lady," he said finally. "But I won't lie... I'm not the best dancer." He took her hand none the less and stood, not willing to let the opportunity pass by.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2017, 8:29 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama smiled as he lost himself in Athilda's words and eyes. He put his hand on her arm and looked over at Gaelrin and Kan getting up to dance. Dunhama didn't know much about dancing in a King's Hall, but knew some of the rowdy steps done in a tavern. He was hesitant, but then said as he stood and took Athilda's hand,

"My love, we can't let our friends who have leg wounds show us up in a dance. Will you allow me the honour of this dance m'lady?"

He bowed to her as the minstrels played a fair tune.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 45  Next