Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 5:25 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama brushed her cheek as he held her close,

"Yes m'love... and to think it is only in there through that archway."

He held Athilda gently as his hand stroked her hair. He said,

"But let us rest now.

He turned and Athilda sat upon one of the bedrolls, and Dunhama did likewise on the end one next to the archway. It will be a joy to walk again in there wiht the woman he had so deeply fell in love with.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 6:16 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda looked up at him and smiled with joy, although her eyes showed her true exhaustion.
"Aye, I can hardly wait until tomorrow, but I cannot possibly stay up another hour without rest."
She then sat down on the bedroll and laid on her back ;As soon as her head hit the soft bedroll, she closed her eyes and fell fast asleep.
Not long after she had fallen asleep the woman who had attended them softly spoke her name and shook her gently. Athilda opened her heavy eyelids and looked up at the lady.
"Athilda, you are needed. The prisoners need their bandages changed."
The woman helped Athilda as she stood up, then handed her her supplies and nodded then left her.
Although she was still groggy from being woken up, Athilda knew who she would encounter, and as she walked to the chamber where the prisoners were being held, she resolved in her mind to not allow the Dunlanding to cast his spell on her. As she crossed the threshold, she touched the pendant that Dunhama gave her and began to wake one of the Dunlandings.

PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 8:18 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Wulgov was glad to have gotten in out of the cold air of spring so close to these mountains. The quartering wasn’t much, but it was the best he had seen since leaving home, A wool blanket to lay on and one to cover with, he fell into a deep slumber, one that he had not had for many weeks. He dreamed a bit, just visions of the past. The dream became life-like and he went to a time when he came to visit his brother. He was there in the small cabin his Rohirrim slave wife and their young son. When his brother hit her for not being quick enough with their ales, Wulgov had to restrain him from killing her as the child cried hard. When his brother got angrier, Wulgov knocked him out with one punch and lay him in their bed. He treated the woman’s bloody face, and comforted the child until he went to sleep. He told the woman he would be better in the morning, but Wulgov couldn’t be sure of that. He left her there as she lay down with his brother. The next morning, the cabin was in flames. Wulgov had assumed they all perished, but when he looked at the ruins days later, only the bones of his brother were found with his skull split open. He shuddered awake at the vision and propped himself up on his elbows. He could see in the feint candlelight Athilda treating a wounded man. He lay back down and rolled to his side, watching her.

Dunhama slept hard, not realizing that Athilda had been summoned. He too fell into dream, and the visions that came to him were of his mother pushing open a door. The other side he gained visions similar to those of Wulgov, as if he was watching from the sky. Dunhama tried to look away, but he could not. The words of the soldier father, and of the Dunlanding, and of him being placed with the Dunlandings when brought from the field. It all fell on him. He was half Dunlanding…

Dunhama awoke suddenly in a startle, sweating. He gathered his breath and looked around. Sleeping people, and he noticed Athilda was gone. He lay back down on his back, clutchin gthe lock of hair and staring at th estone ceiling high above.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 10:08 pm 
Ent
Ent

As she finished wrapping up the prisoners' bandages, she glanced over to see where the empty pot lay and her eyes met the Dunlandings' for a brief moment. Athilda blinked then quickly looked at the pot and threw the soiled bandages into it; she stood and walked over to another prisoner. Once she woke the prisoner awake, she knelt down next to him and began to take off the bloodied bandages from above his knee.
The man winced and grabbed her arm; Athilda tensed for a moment, but then looked at him.
"Forgive me, this will only take but a moment, then you will have fresh bandages." She spoke softly to the man, but he did not release his hand. Athilda glanced down at his hand then looked back up at him.
"Please release me. I am almost finished."
The man squinted his eyes at her and gave her a malicious half-smile.
"You're the girl from the courtyard...." he started, his grip tightening around her arm.
Athilda tried to jerk free from his grasp, but he just sat up and cupped her chin in his hand.
"You're the girl who kissed that boy. You must be very fond of kisses by the way you kissed him." As he spoke, the man practically threw her into the wall behind him and went to go after her, but he got stuck in his blanket.
Frantic and afraid, Athilda scrambled to stand up, but the man had grabbed her legs and was pulling himself up.
"No! Please, stop!! Guards! Somebody, help me!"

PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 10:58 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Wulgov sat up when he heard a raised voice. He stood, but a shooting pain went up his leg all the way to the back of his head. He almost fell over but steadied himself. Once his head quit spinning, he could hear several of the others start to cheer the man on as he attacked Athilda. He started to make his way toward her and kicked a guy out of his way who looked like he was going to join in the attack. Wulgov staggered some on his bad leg, but as a tearing sound was heard with Athilda crying out, Wulgov grabbed the back of the man’s tunic and ripped him off of her, throwing him back with a slug to the face. He turned to reach for Athilda’s hand to get her up off the floor when three guards came racing in alerted by the commotion. One grabbed Wulgov as another placed his sword to his neck, pulling him back from Athilda. The third took Athilda by the hand and helped her stand while she tried to hold her dress together with her other hand. The guards stared hard at Wulgov as he strained to hold back the pain from his leg. The guard holding him from behind said in his ear

”Why did you attack this woman!” Answer me Dunlanding!”

The Dunlanding that had attached her sat up slowly, as did the man Wulgov kicked. They looked at each other and smiled.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 11:19 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda kept screaming and thrashing at the man who was attacking her when suddenly he was lifted off of her. Although she felt her whole body tremble in fear and shock, she felt relief and gratitude towards the man who had helped her.
As she reached for his hand, three guards came in and grabbed him. One of them held a blade to his throat while the other wrenched his arm painfully behind his back and questioned him. She shook her head and went to speak, but her voice caught.
With help from the guard, Athilda stood up while also trying to cover herself with her tattered and ripped dress.
"It wasn't him...he didn't attack me." She swallowed then glanced down at the ground in shame and fear as the two who did attack her glared at her.
"It was them." Her voice was quiet and timid.

PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 11:33 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

The guard who helped Athilda up said,

”It didn’t appear that way m’lady.”

He was the night commander, and he waved to the guard to put away his sword, but not to the other guard to release Wulgov. More guards came in and took the other two men. A few comments came out of the others who sat by, but Wulgov turned his head toward them and stared down those who spoke ill of the lady. As the two other men were led out to be taken to a holding area, The guard started to lead Wulgov away as well. With several more guards coming in and spreading around the room, the commander paused the guard taking Wulgov. He said to Athilda,

”M’lady, do you vouch for this man? Though I believe what you say is true and it is likely the case that he didn’t attack you, I can’t leave him in here with these others. His life could be in danger.”

Wulgov’s eyes looked into Athilda’s, wondering what she would say. His fate was completely in her hands at this moment.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 11:58 pm 
Ent
Ent

Relief washed over her as she watched a pair of guards lead her attackers out of the chamber. She released her breath, then looked up at the commander as he spoke and nodded.
"Aye, I do."
As she spoke, she looked into the man's eyes and hoped that he could see the deep and sincere gratitude she had for him. The commander nodded his head, then lead Wulgov away into a separate chamber.
With the help of the guard, Athilda walked out of the chamber and began to walk down to the Lady's chambers.
Shame spread through her cheeks as they approached the door, and before the guard could knock on the wooden surface, Athilda spoke up.
"I...would you please go into the farthest chambers and awake Dunhama and tell him that I would like to see him?"
The guard looked at her with compassion and pity, then nodded.
"I will do that, but you must stay with someone while I go."
Athilda nodded but flinched as the guard knocked on the door. Once the Lady Eowyn opened it and saw her state, she had compassion on her maid and brought her inside, where she collapsed onto the floor and cried.

PostPosted: March 7th, 2017, 1:57 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Wulgov gave Athilda a sorrowful look as he was led away. He was indebted to her, and would do what he could was brought in to the commanders office and sat down, a guard stood next to him. The commander said,

”So, you did not attack the lady, yet what we saw coming in there after her cries for help was you standing over her, and she in that state. Now the Lady Athilda is an honorable woman of Rohan, and I believe her words, but more than one of my men said that you have taken an undue amount of interest in Lady Athilda. You have been seen on the battlefield with her. You have been watching her whenever she has been near, and it seemed she took a longer than usual amount of time treating your leg there. Why your interest in the lady Dunlanding?”

“I guess we just were in the same place at the same time. And as for the work, she is very good at what she does.”

Wulgov replied, being careful with his words as he looked down at his leg. Fresh blood could be seen soaking into the bandages. The commander nodded. He looked at something on his desk and said,

”Right. I will suggest you stay clear of her. We’ll get someone else look after you. He isn’t quite a pretty. Now, it seems that if I go by her words, you tried to stop this attack on her?”

“Yes. Most of these guys are little more than thieves, plunderers, and rapists. The call to arms did not have too many soldierly types in the ranks.”

Wulgov replied. The commander nodded and said,

”I see, it does not surprise me really. So, it appears they would likely kill you as look at you if I send you back in with your countrymen. So, you can help me out by identifying the true vagrants from the more innocent peasant. Will you help me with this?”

Wulgov could see he had little choice. Had he just sat back and allowed those ruffians shred the lady all would be well for him there. But no, he had found some sort of attraction to the lady, and he didn’t want to see her hurt. He said in a sigh,

”I guess I don’t have a choice.”

~ ~ ~

Lady Eowyn knelt down beside Athilda and cried,

”Dear Athilda! What happened? No, do not say. We need to get you cleaned up! I will give you a dress to wear.”

Lady Eowyn wrapped her arm around Athilda and sobbed with her.

~ ~ ~

The guard shook Dunhama with his foot.

”You! Wake up! You are requested by Lady Eowyn.”

Dunhama jumped awake and stood quickly. He squinted in the dim candle light at the guard.

”Lady Eowyn? Where is Athilda?”

He said seeing her gone. The guard said,

”It is Lady Eowyn’s maid that requests your presence.”

He would not say why, and Dunhama followed him to Lady Eowyn’s chamber.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 7th, 2017, 8:28 am 
Ent
Ent

As she sat in a mess on the floor of the Lady Eowyn's chamber, Athilda could not help but mentally recount her attack. If only she had had some sort of weapon to protect herself with. Perhaps the vagrant was right....perhaps none of this would have happened if- she was brought back to reality as the Lady gently spoke to her.
"We must get you into a new dress, dear Athilda."
As she stood up, she felt her legs and arms tremble, but she allowed Eowyn and another maid to help her out of her tattered dress and into a simple green one.
"Thank you."
Athilda said unconsciously as she stared at the stone floor in shock and horror.
A knock came to the door and the other maid answered it, then turned and announced the arrival of Dunhama.
Upon hearing his name, Athilda looked up and began to walk towards the door. The maid opened the door and Athilda immediately began to cry as she saw him standing there, but she continued on towards him until she had been swallowed in his embrace.

PostPosted: March 7th, 2017, 8:42 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama saw Athilda walking toward him as he was let in the room. She had cleaned up and her hair was combed out, and she was wearing a clean new dress, but something was wrong! He did not know what to say, and as Athilda reached him, he wrapped her in his arms and held her, rocking her side to side slightly. He whispered in her ear as he pressed his cheek to hers,

”Where did you go my love? What happened?”

He looked to the other maid and to Lady Eowyn, but they had no answers. He kissed her cheek and looked into her eyes. He could see the look they had, and he knew something traumatic must have happened to her. The fright in her eyes had taken the glow that he saw there only hours before. He drew her close again ad said to her,

”I am here m’love. Don’t let the night take your joy. You don’t have to say.”

Dunhama closed his eyes and just held her close. She would talk of what happened when she was ready. Right now, she needed to rest. Dunhama was going to stay with her.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 7th, 2017, 11:13 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda allowed herself to cry into his chest for a long while; but once her tears caused her head to ache she inhaled and with a trembling hand wiped away her tears. As she rested her head against his chest she closed her eyes and started to relax as she inhaled his sweet, musty scent. After a few long minutes of being warmed in his embrace, Athilda looked up at him, but could not meet his gaze, for she still felt the shame her attacker had brought upon her.
"Is there somewhere that I can lie down? Her voice was quiet.
"Aye, you may rest here in my chambers or take the empty one just outside the hall there."
Lady Eowyn answered Athilda in a calm and gentle tone, then motioned for the guard to open the room she spoke of.
Athilda lowered her gaze to the chain that Dunhama wore around his neck then turned her head to answer the Lady.
"You have been so kind to me, my Lady...I do not wish to take your rest from you....so I will take the other chamber."
Eowyn looked up Athilda with compassion and sorrow, then nodded.
"It is not a hinderance if you were to take my chamber, but alas, I thank you dear one. You are in need of rest and restoration. Go and be rested."
Athilda dipped her head then held onto Dunhama as he led her out of the Lady's chambers and into the one she spoke of. It was a small but comfortable room, with a single bed covered in soft and warm blankets. In the opposite corner of the room sat a small wooden table and on top of it sat a basin for washing and a rag.
Athilda sat down on the edge of the bed then leaned against Dunhama as he sat next to her.
The two sat in silence for a long while as Athilda determined what she wanted to say to him. Finally she spoke, her voice riddled with horror.
"I was attacked by the Dunlandings....I was needed to change their bandages and as I had only gotten to two of them when..." her voice trailed off and she shut her eyes and let out a breath as the memory played out in her mind. Although it pained her, she felt she needed to tell him, so she continued.
"as I was changing the Dunlandings' bandages, he told me he recognized me from the courtyard.....he...he grabbed my arm then threw me against the wall. I kicked and scratched at him and cried out for help, then another one came and handed him a knife and he...." she shuddered and tears began to silently run down her cheeks. "....he began to cut open my dress."
She inhaled quickly and brought a hand to cover her mouth as she recalled the terror and fear that she felt. After taking a few breaths in, she then opened her eyes and swallowed.
"He wasn't able to do anything more though....for...for the Dunlanding who had carried you in earlier pulled him off of me and kicked the other one in the stomach." She blinked, then dared to look up at Dunhama.
"He saved me."
Tears welled up in her eyes as she searched his eyes.
"I am sorry for not waking you when I left....If I had done that, perhaps none of this would have happened."

PostPosted: March 7th, 2017, 7:45 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama squinted as he sat there beside Athilda, his arm around her caressing her arm. When she started to speak, her voice was shaky and strained, as if the words were hard to find. Dunhama sat quietly listening to her account of what happened. His anger toward the Dunlandings stewed in his gut and the first thought was to seek these men out and kill them. Yet, as he looked at Athilda, he knew she would not wish this to happen. She wanted to help them, and they repaid her compassion with violence. As much as he despised this Dunlanding that helped Athilda, he was there to intervene while he himself was not. Dunhama knew he would have to talk with this Dunlanding. With Athilda’s broken voice apologizing, he kissed her cheek as a tear ran down it. His finger brushed the tear from the other cheek gently and he said as he looked into her eyes,

”Athilda my love, you have nothing to be sorry for. It is I who am sorry that I was not there. But we can never know the path not taken. What if I had woken and accompanied you, they may have still attacked, and I would have killed them. It is I who am sorry that I was not there to do just that.”

His eyes watered as his hands brushed back her hair by her ears, and he drew her head to his chest. She was silent for a moment, and Dunhama’s eyes traced her hair that flowed from her head and down over her back. His love for this woman swelled evermore inside him, and he brought his hand up to run his fingers through her hair. He then saw the bandage that was on his arm, and could see that it was bleeding again. Athilda saw it too. Dunhama said in a soft voice,

”Maybe I should clean up some.”

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 7th, 2017, 8:44 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda lowered her gaze as Duhama told her not to apologize, for she had nothing to be sorry about. She certainly did not feel that way. But as he drew her close to him, she knew that what he spoke was right.
Those men who attacked her were vicious, uncaring and guilty. The sound of his heartbeat was under her ear, and that sound coupled with Dunhama's hand running through her hair began to calm her.
It was in his arms that she was beginning to feel safe again.
She exhaled, then looked into his eyes as he mentioned washing up, and when she glanced down at his arm, she blinked then placed her now steady hands gently on his arm.
"May I?"
Once he nodded, she gently began to take off the bandages; after laying the soiled bandages on the stone floor, she gently wiped away the blood with a wet cloth then dabbed it dry. After applying the fresh bandages, Athilda looked up at him with fondness in her eyes.
"Will you stay with me?"
Her voice was but a whisper as she spoke.

PostPosted: March 7th, 2017, 9:02 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

(Sorry guys... been very pressed for time. We have had wild fires all over the country side and had to evacuate yesterday evening. Just got back home but we have no electricity and there are still fires all around us across the country side but the wind looks like it's taking most of them away from us, thankfully. Not sure how much I will be able to be on until we get electricity back and there is talk of the towns around being evacuated again if the fires get close once more.)

Kano slept hard, but wrestless. The pain in his legs and feet kept strange dreams as his ever pressent friend. He was only vaguely aware when Dunham left, having missed Athilda's departure entirely.

A short while longer and he was awakened by the healer who had found him and scolded him harshly for not coming back to get his wounds tended to and bandages changed.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 7th, 2017, 9:20 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Oh my goodness, Jax! I'm so sorry to hear about the wildfires around your area, but I am glad to hear that you are okay. And please, don't worry about not being able to post. You just stay safe, friend. :) )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 45  Next