Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2017, 4:36 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda glanced up at Dunhama as he squeezed her hand, and as she heard Theodens words, she kept her gaze upon the man she loved. She shook her head as Dunhama whispered a question in her ears and before she answered him, she watched him shut his eyes. He looked as though he were internally fighting something. Though she wished to accompany him outside, something told her not to bother him.
Perhaps when the time allowed, she would inquire as to what it was he fought with. For now, she simply nodded then helped him walk to the door. As he left, she turned back to Kano and addressed him.
"I am glad to see that you are in relative good health, Kano." She smiled softly, then glanced at his nurse, then back to him.
"You are in good hands, and no doubt you will heal quickly."
The Lady Eowyn walked towards her and gave her instruction to tend to the Dunlandings who were now above in the courtyard
Athilda dipped her head then turned back to Kano and smiled.
"I must go now, but I will return when my duties allow it. Rest well, Kano."
After leaving him and gathering her medical supplies, Athilda made her way to the coutyard and began to tend to the wounded men.
As she tended to them, she noticed the Dunlanding who had carried Dunhama walk in. And he was limping.
As her eyes met his, she motioned for him to take a seat next to her. Once he sat down, she offered him a warm woolen blanket.
"You look cold." Her voice was quiet, yet she spoke with kindness.
"Forgive me, sir...but I never thanked you for offering me your help earlier...I...I should not have acted in such a way. For it is not only I who suffer, but you as well. Please, may I lift up the leg of your trousers to inspect the wound? "
As she spoke, she felt warmth spread in her cheeks as they reddened, and in an attempt to hide, she leaned closer to his leg, allowing her hair to fall in front of her cheeks.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2017, 8:15 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Wolguv walked in with the few who had been working and tending to their dead. They all had a defeated daze. They all found somewhere to sit, but Wulgov saw a woman waving to him and pointing to a place for him to sit. He nodded and started to walk to her. He had ignored the pain in his leg as he worked, but now, it was starting to throb. Along with the pain there felt like needles stabbing him, and it felt like bugs were crawling all over his leg. As he drew closer, he recognized her as the woman in the mud. She had cleaned herself up a bit but still there was mostly dry mud on her tattered dress. He lowered himself down and she draped a thick blanket around his shoulders. She said,

"You look cold.”

Wulgov nodded. The night air was chill as the skies cleared. Her voice ha changed from earlier in the day. It was now softer and full of compassion. She went on to say,

” "Forgive me, sir...but I never thanked you for offering me your help earlier...I...I should not have acted in such a way. For it is not only I who suffer, but you as well.”

Wulgov nodded in agreement. War caused all to suffer, none more than the people fighting it. She looked at his leg and said,

” Please, may I lift up the leg of your trousers to inspect the wound? "

She bent down closer to his wound and her long locks shrouded her face.
Wulgov then said,

“Use your dagger and cut it off. I would use mine, but it has been taken.”

When Athilda removed his boot, he only grimaced and gritted his teeth. When she brought out her dagger and cut his breeches above the knee, splitting the cut part and peeled it off his leg. The stench of dead flesh escaped and it made Wulgov again grimace. But the woman did not. She only paused as she assessed the severity of his wound.

”It doesn’t look good, does it?”

Wulgov was starting to reckon with the possibility of losing his leg.

Last edited by Hanasian on March 3rd, 2017, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2017, 8:18 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama seemed to get his balance back while Athilda helped him to the doorway. He looked into her eyes as he kissed the back of her hand, and silently gave her a nod. Nothing was said as it seemed thet they read each other’s thoughts. She knew he needed to be alone for a time, and he knew she had great duties still in attending the injured. As she turned and walked back to talk to Kano, he watched her for a moment and smiled before walking out the doorway.

Dunhama stood at the stair to the courtyard, but a memory came to him that he was only recently there. He decided to walk through the inner chambers of Helms Deep. He passed through an archway into a large round domed room, and on the far wall was another archway. He walked over to it and looked into the seeming darkness. Looking back for a moment, he entered into the Glittering Caves. After several steps, the air grew muffled and the sound of water dripping and trickling unseen in the distance. The silence was interrupted by a rough gravelly voice,

”These stones are old, and they breath life.”

Dunhama turned to find the dwarf traveller stepping out of the darkness to stand next to him. Dunhama was silent and they both looked high up into the glitter of colours that seemed to dance. Dunhama finally said,

”It is so peaceful here.”

“Yes, the raw beauty relieves the soul.”

The dwarf said as he looked at Dunhama. He then said,

”I am Gimli, son of Gloin. You are the man who stood alone after the wall was breached! Me and Aragorn and his kin rushed to your side in aid while my friend Legolas stood on the wall and spent many arrows assisting you. We thought you were saved, but we lost you in the chaos of battle and retreat. We feared you dead, master….”

“Dunhama, son of…son of Edoras”

He said softly. Gimli nodded and said,

”Well, Dunhama son of Edoras, I leave you here to enjoy the peace, for I have to inform my friends that the unknown man in the breach still lives!”
The dwarf slapped him on the back and turned and was gone, and the air grew silent again. He pushed out the creeping memories of that moment in the battle, and started walking to find the source of the water sounds that echoed around the vast chamber.

(I put these up in two posts for the two characters. They are a bit lengthy. Hoping nobody minds.)

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2017, 9:33 pm 
Ent
Ent

After carefully removing the cut piece of his breeches from his leg, Athilda gently touched the area surrounding the gaping wound, noting where he flinched at her touch. A few moments passed before she answered the man with a reassuring glance.
"No, it does not look very good. But fear not, for you will not loose your limb while I tend to you."
A small smile appeared on her face as her eyes met his for a short moment. Then, she began her work.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2017, 10:20 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Athilda's look in her eyes and the sound of her voice as she spoke gave Wulgov all the reassurance he needed. He stared at her her as she worked trying not to move. He said to her,

"We have asked each other for forgiveness in this, but I have only seen gentleness from you, Lady of Rohan. First to your own, and also to us invaders from Dunland. Any harshness you showed toward me before, I deserved..."

Wulgov's words ended as he bit down hard when she cut out some infected muscle, but he did not move. The care she had in her work anazed him as he looked at her.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2017, 10:53 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Sorry about the short posts...I'm a bit brain dead XD)

As the man spoke, Athilda carefully carved out a portion of skin and muscle that was infected. Once she removed it, she placed it in a cloth and set it aside. She then focused on the task of stopping the flow of blood, not for her benefit, for by now her hands and wrists were covered in his blood and the skirt of her tunic was stained permanently.
The bleeding had come to an end after what seemed like an endless supply of bloodied cloth sitting in a heap beside her and the Dunlanding. With her hand and cloth pressed firmly against his wound, she quickly grabbed her needle and thread, then glanced up at him with a knowing glance.
"I'm sorry, but this will hurt a bit."
After he gave her a nod of his head, she removed the cloth and began to stitch closed his skin. It only took a few minutes, and once she finished, she offered him a small bottle of what smelled like strong ale.
As the man took the offered drink, Athilda answered him in a quiet voice.
"Yes, you deserve harshness for killing innocent men and children..."
she paused as she noticed a look of guilt and regret in his eyes, then she continued.
"but perhaps you had no knowledge of why you truly went into battle?"
A beat passed between them as he handed the small bottle back to her. As she reached for it, their fingers touched, and she instantly blushed and withdrew her hand.
"Forgive me, sir...if I speak out of turn."

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2017, 11:53 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Wulgov mellowed with the swallow of strong ale, but tensed as he heard her words. The touch of the lady’s fingers as she took the bottle from him lingered ever so slightly, or it seemed to him. She shied back and blushed and asked forgivness for asking her question. Wulgov said,

”Lady of Rohan…”

Athilda slowly looked up at him.

”… you are right in asking that which you say. There is no forgiveness needed by you, but much by me. I will tell you.”

He was silent for a moment as their eyes searched each other, warily, yet both wanting to know the mind of the other. He went on,

”The wizard Saruman was very convincing to our chiefs in his words. Our chiefs in turn came to the people and stirred up old hatreds with chants of patriotism and ancient claims. Promises of rewards of riches, land, and more were given, and the men, young and old, fell in to this frenzy. And so it was that I, Wulgov, and his countrymen came to destroy you and your lands. So, Lady of Rohan, feel not ashamed to ask me questions…”

Wulgov continued to look upon the lady even as he stretched and flexed his leg. Though a shooting pain could be felt, he could tell that it was healing due to the lady’s work.

(I’m a bit brain dead as well. Relaxing on a rainy Saturday here. Your posts are really good! I like your style!)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 4th, 2017, 1:15 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano said his farewell to Dunham as he left, then ahortly after to Athilda as well. The battle was over but it seemed everyone was still in a hurry to do something or go somewhere. Kano could not. He stay behind to rest his legs, the healer had looked grim at them but said nothing beyond that the cuts would heal. The pain had been overwhelming but now was starting to subside in part.

If it had not been for the pain Kano would have drifted off into a deep sleep. His throbbing feet and legs would not let him, so instead he drifted in and out of being half asleep. Strange dreams came to him as he did so. Not only a few times he woke with a start as his dreams replayed parts of the recent battle. He would jerk, or lift his arm as if blocking an attack with his sword. Then, he would fade off once more to a disturbed slumber.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 4th, 2017, 3:03 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda knew that she should be moving on to helping the other men, but she knew that she was not the only healer with this group of men, for she heard the familiar sound of fabric being cut and alcohol being administered.
Although her gaze had dropped, she could hear the pain and tension his voice held as he recounted the empty promises this man Saruman had made. Bitterness and sorrow rose within her as a few tears ran down her already tender cheeks.
"I have heard and seen just what this Saruman has done to people, for he had infected our king with a poison of the mind, causing him to know not between friend and foe....."
Athilda looked up at him as she spoke.
"It seems that you and your men were also subdued under his power."

PostPosted: March 4th, 2017, 3:44 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

"Yes, many were deceived. The elders made the decisions, or it sounds that with your king, have them made for them while bewitched, and the younger go off to fight and die. We were driven onward by those insane blood-lusting Uruks. We should have never followed the words of our chiefs... will your king make this Saruman pay for what he has done?"

Wulgov saw the wetness in her eyes, and he almost reached for her. But he held himself back, for he was an enemy prisoner, and she was a medicine woman of Rohan. It was not his right to do so. He too let some tears flow. He said in a whisper,

"It is ok to cry Lady of Rohan. My aunt said a hard cry was good for you, said it oiled the body.

He lifted the blanket up over his head and wrapped his hands in it and pulled it close to ward off the breeze of the chill night air. He asked the lady,

"What will you do now, after all this is done?"

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 4th, 2017, 11:28 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda shivered as the cold night air blew her damp hair in front of her face, then looked around at the prisoners who sat, shivering and bleeding. A sigh passed through her lips as she looked back at the man before her.
"I know not what the Kings plans are...but I hope that they do not involve expending innocent men and children...I long to hope that other kingdoms will rise to aid us."
As her tears slowly dried, Athilda began to wipe her hands clean of the blood.
"I suppose your Aunt is right, but sometimes too hard a cry can break your heart." She paused, then looked up at him again.
"I do not know...perhaps I will travel...become a wife...." a blush be painted her cheek as she thought of Dunhama, and after a moment, she continued.
"What will you do, sir?"

PostPosted: March 4th, 2017, 5:22 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Wulgov nodded his head at her words and thought. He said,

"I don't know what I will do. I will be here until such time your king decides what our fate will be. Then? I don't know. All I know is hunting and fighting, and there is nothing in Enedwaith for me."

He looked at his hand as he flexed his fingers, then could see the lady was cold. He took the blanket off and threw it around her. He asked Athilda,

"Will you travel to find someone to marry, or marry someone and then travel?"

Wulgov wasn't sure, but he thought the tone of her voice seemed hesitant when she said that. Wulgov thought he may have overstepped hs bounds, and he added,

"Well, just from what I have seen, any man would be blessed if yoou chose them for a husband."

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 4th, 2017, 8:46 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

At long last Kano woke and cold fall into his troubled sleep no more. The day was wearing late and he felt cooped up just sitting there. Sage, the magnificent black stalion had stood by him, head srooped in a slumber of his own. Kano tried to hoist himself up onto his feet but it was no good. The pain simply was too much. He sighed and scowled, at first he had simply been happy to be alive but now it grew annoying to be bound by such limitations. He was a free spirit, use to running, traveling where and when he wished, being active...

Kano gazed at the steed and run a gentle hand along his neck. Sage opened his eyes and looked up, sniffing and blowing in Kano's face with his large nostrils. Kano smiled at the horse. "Come on boy, what say you give me a look around?" He grabbed the main on the large creature and pulled himself onto it's back with his upper body. He now lay with his belly drapped over Sage's saddle, which at this point only got in the way. He managed to slide his legs over the saddle and theough much trouble and pain came to a sitting position.

"What do you think you are doing?" The unmistakeable voice of the healer called out from behind.

"Going for a walk," Kano said, not looking behind him.

"Well... you're already on... Don't stay out too long, you need to keep your legs elivated to prevent further swelling. Let me know when you are back and I will help you off the horse."

Kano nodded and made a click with his tongue, urging Sage into a gentle walk that felt like the smooth back and forth rock of a comfortable chair.

PostPosted: March 4th, 2017, 9:17 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama walked slowly over the uneven stones. The track stretched deep into the roots of the mountain to the left and disappeared in the darkness. He was curious where it went to, but he wasn't going to go any further that way... not alone anyway.

Instead, he searched for the source of the dripping water. He grew closer as it sounded more like a splashing. Finding a fall coming over a rock high above, he stood in the chill water as it started splashing on his head. It felt so soothing he tipped his face up to it. As the water ran down him, he opened his mouth and took a drink. The water tasted slightly salty, but was refreshing. He took a few more mouthfulls before stepping back

He looked about, amazed at these Glittering Caves, and though it should have been dark in there, the crystals all around on the walls and arches and crevices high above gave off a light if their own, just enough to see. The hues changed and danced, and the sound of the water echoed its tune. Seeing a pool beside him, Dunhama stepped into it and sat, submerging himself to his neck. The water was chill, but not cold. He soaked there and splashed his face and head repeatedly trying to wash the war off of him.

He wasn't sure how long he was out. But he awoke feeling he had been in the water a long time. With a splash to his face, he emerged and slowly walked back toward the light of the archway which he had come in. He felt much refreshed, and he wanted to tell his friends about what he had found. When he got to the doorway, he looked around in the room. He didn't see Athilda or Jax there. He looked up the stairway to the courtyard, and decided to go up there. When he emerged into the cool air, he shivered with the night air as he looked around at the Dunlandings.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 4th, 2017, 10:13 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda looked up at the Dunlanding with concern as he spoke of what he would, or rather, what he would not do. She shivered again, and was shocked as he lifted his blanket and wrapped it around her shoulders.
She was about to lift the blanket off ber shoulders but was thrown off by his inquiry. She blushed, then glanced down at his leg.
"I....well....thank...thank you, sir....." she dared a glance up at the man, and when she did, their eyes met and her cheeks reddened even further.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2017, 2:34 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano walked his horse out calmly across the battle field, through the rubble of the wall, and out to the field where the uruk lay dead and burning. The smell of burning flesh was potent... but the smell of burning uruk flesh was a scent he could have lived the rest of his life without smelling. Yet, somehow he felt this was something he needed... some strange form of closure. He needed to know for sure they had won and it was over. He needed to see with his own eyes in the light of day and a clear head what he had been part of... and survived. The sight, as horrifying as it was, only served as a more exaggerated form of things he had already seen in his young years.

After riding over the entire battle field, as best he could, he headed back to the keep. There he headed up to the courtyard to see the prisoners. He had heard tell that they were held up there. As his horse climbed the outside staircase, it's hoofs clapping on the stone, he came to the top to see Dunham entering on the far side of the room and in the center it looked like Athilda tending to one of the men's injuries.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 45  Next