Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 8:01 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Eowyn peered at Athilda's one eye that peeked through the door and smiled. Young people in love brought a joy to her, and any joy in this dark time was refreshing. Eowyn finally said,

"I do not wish to interrupt your rest Lady Athilda, but I have Commander Erkenbrand asking to see Dunhama. Also, it is past the noon hour. You both must be hungry"

Dunhama listened to the lady's words, and wondered what the commander of the Westfold and the Keep would want with him. He looked at Athilda wrapped in the blanket saying something to the lady, so he turned and tried to make himself as presentable as he could. His dirty stained leathers were all he had. He then removed the bandage on his head, and could see that he was healing. He would likely have a scar on the right side of his forehead. He touched it and a pain shot into him. He gently slid the bandage back over it. While Athilda and Eowyn still talked at the door, he too came to the door.

"M'lady."

Dunhama said and bowed his head.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 2:49 pm 
Ent
Ent

As she opened the door, Athilda dipped her head and curtsied the moment she realized it was the Lady Eowyn at their door.
"Oh, I...I did not realize it was so late in the day, my Lady." She felt a gnawing in her stomach that she hadn't realized was there before.
"Forgive me, my Lady. I should have been awake much earlier to assist with the nursing duties."
Dunhama stood behind Athilda and bowed and addressed the Lady.
"Is there something wrong, my Lady?"

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 9:12 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

"I don't think anything is wrong Athilda. I think the commander just wants an after battle report from you Dunhama. Some questions came up about the lone man standing in the breach. I believe it was you, though I did not say. I think the King received word from the Dunedain that it was a kitchen servant of Meduseld who was pressed into service for the defense."

Eowyn smiled as Dunhama fumbled with his belt. She looked at Athilda and said softly,

"You best get dre... ready for the day Athilda. I think we will be going back to Edoras when the King returns from Isengard."

Dunhama stepped beside Athilda and opened the door a bit more. He said,

"The King went to Isengard? Have we won the war???"

Athilda looked at him and Dunhama smiled in joy. The sooner the war was done the sooner they could marry! Lady Eowyn said,

"That is uncertain right now, but there is something going on with the trees. A forest appeared in the Deeping Coomb that destroyed the fleeing enemy. It is rumored that Isengard was destroyed by th etree army of Fangorn while Saruman's vast armies were away attacking us. We will have to wait for the King to return to know for sure. Now take not long you two, for there is much to do."

Lady Eowyn rested her hand on Athilda's flushed cheek and smiled, and let the door closed.

Dunhama spun Athilda around and into his arms.

"Did you hear that? We are victorious!"

He lifted Athilda up and turned around before letting her feet come back to the ground, and he embraced and kissed her hard and long.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 9:24 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

By morning light and the rising of the sun Kano was patched up by the healer. The distant patrons around could see an ill look on the healer's face and one of despair on Kano's. One might only imagine that his wounds were infected and not healing properly... but what had been communicated between the two was spoken softly so that none could over hear.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 6:56 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Woah, sorry for delay in this reply....I hadn't realized that you all were waiting for me. X.X)

Athilda's eyes widened in shock as she heard the fact that Dunhama had been the last man standing at the breach, then blushed from embarrassment as the Lady addressed her.
She nodded then looked up at Dunhama, who smiled at her. She wondered if he was thinking about their upcoming wedding. Athilda listened to the account of the tree army overtaking Isengard with trepidation, but she blushed again as the Lady placed her gentle hand on her cheek.
After Lady Eowyn left them, Athilda giggled as she was being lifted up in the air and spun around. As he brought her back to the floor, she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back with the same passion that he gave.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 7:13 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

(Hehe, now worries. ;) )

Kano was thankful to the healer for her care and the food that she had brought him. Before she left he inquired as to where his friends might be.

"I'm not sure, young man," she answered. "But I do believe the lady was summoned by Lady Eowyn."

"Thank you," Kano said with a nod.

After he finished his food he hoisted himself back up on his horse and went walking around to see whether he might find Dunham and Athilda. He also sought news of the battle... how they had fared, how many were left... how many were lost. He wasn't sure why but he needed to know.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 7:54 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

(yeah... all good.Twas good to break for a bit.)

Dunhama beamed at Athilda lingered long in her embrace and kisses. He cupped her head in his hands and beamed. He kissed her again and said,

”With the war done, it may be we can marry sooner! But it seems I have a report to give of the battle here. I wish I did not have to leave you my love, and have this time of ours end. But I will seek you when I am finished.”

Dunhama kissed her on the forehead, and took her lips to his again, before finally parting for the door. As he went, their hand slid down each other’s arms and at the last, their fingers tried to hold on to each other before they parted. He looked back as he was leaving Lady Eowyn’s chamber to see Athilda’s face peering from the door. He blew her a kiss before disappearing out into the hall.

”There you are!”

Came a booming voice. Dunhama looked over his shoulder and stopped. Ergon came up and looked at Dunhama and said,

”It’s been days since you left Edoras, and here you are still in your soiled and battle-scarred leathers? We need to re-fit you in some proper gear. Come with me!”

Dunhama turned and followed Ergon to the armoury. When he was sized up, Dunhama said,

”But sir, I’m not a soldier, I’m a kitchen hand.”

“No, you were a kitchen hand. Eye witnesses had you there standing in the wall breach unflinching, and fighting the invading hordes as they surrounded you. You are now an honoured soldier of the Mark!”

Dunhama sighed. He had been out of touch with all that was happening outside that beautiful door, and was starting to realize that he had been sought after for some time. He said to Ergon,

”I don’t remember too much about it. I was up on the wall, and then I wasn’t. I remember vaguely the Dunlandings charging, and I guess I fought them until all went black. Things are cloudy after that until Athilda found me….”

“Well, Commander Erkenbrand wants to hear this. Once you are fitted out, we’ll go to him.”

Dunhama sighed and tried thinking about the battle. A pain in his head started to throb slightly, and he closed his eyes. He took the soiled lock of hair on his chain off and held it tight. He settled his breath and thoughts, and Ergon said,

’There, you look like a proper soldier now. Come, you have a report to give.”

They set out toward Erkenbrand’s office.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 8:37 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda's heart soared as she felt his lips on hers and his arms around her. As he pulled away from her, she knew that he needed to go and report to the Commander, but she did not want him to go. She wanted to celebrate with him, but alas, she had duties that needed tending to. Before he left, Athilda placed her hand gently over her lock of hair and smiled up at him.
"I will attend to my duties and be waiting for you here, my love." A breath escaped her as he kissed her and when she felt his fingers sliding down her arm and reaching her fingertips, she was hard pressed not to embrace him with a kiss again. Her heart fluttered and she blushed as she caught his kiss that was blown to her, then she watched him leave the hallway.
After he left, Athilda walked down to where the Lady's room was and knocked on the door. Another maid opened the door, then ushered her inside and helped her change into a modest brown and tan dress. Once dressed and cleaned, Athilda set out to fulfill her duties with her thoughts full of the joy that being married to Dunhama gave her.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 2:07 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama thought he caught sight of Kano riding his horse around in the halls. He was going to hold up, but Ergon said,

”Time’s a wastin’ young man. You hid out long enough.”

When they got to Erkenbrand’s office, Ergon stepped in and said,

”Sir, I found the young man you asked about.”

Dunhama walked in shyly. Erkenbrand said,

”Come in boy! You are hard to find it seems. Anyway, your exploits on the battlefield are becoming well known! Three different eye witnesses have told the same story. When I say different, I mean, Ergon here for the Rohirrim, Durian of the Dunedain Rangers, Aragorn’s kin, and Wulgov the Dunlanding….”

It was then Dunhama caught eyes on Wulgov sitting in the corner and his eyes flamed. Erkenbrand caught Dunhama staring down Wulgov and quickly said,

”Unfortunately one is not here, but we have the testimony of these two from their perspective. Wulgov here said he was going to take you down but was hit by one of his countrymen that you killed, knocking him around you. That, my boy is about as eyewitness as one can get. Ergon saw you from up on the wall of the keep, and the Dunedain said he helped you after he saw you get hit. The king got word before he left, and he will honor you when he returns from Isengard. Now, tell us what happened.”

Dunhama cleared his throat and said to the commander,

”Sir… I really can’t remember much. I was on the wall and orcs were climbing the ladders and we were fighting. Suddenly there was an explosion and things went both white and black in my head. I must have fell in behind where the wall was, and I stood in a daze and fought the attackers until everything went black again. Don’t remember much of anything except… well, I can’t remember anything until I came around in the infirmary being treated.”

“Tell us about the wounds you received.”

Erkenbrand asked. Dunhama went on,

”My ribs are sore, likely from the fall and landing in the rubble, my head hurts from an axe blow, my arm has been hacked and the same arm was poisoned earlier by an arrow on the road to the keep. Sir,I did not do anything more, and maybe even less, than my friend Kano, who is also wounded. Or all who fell and do live to tell about it.”

Erkenbrand nodded and said,

”I agree with you soldier. That is why you living is so important. Our losses, be it here or at the Fords of Isen, have been grievous. It is good to have some who we can say have lived. You are one of them. Though our battles with Isengard are done and we will not fall to ruin by the White Hand, I fear that war has not completely fled from us, and men like you will be our only hope. Until the King returns, you are assigned to Ergon’s unit. When the King arrives, and being you have been a servant in Meduseld, He will likely have other duties for you. . Now go, rest, and prepare.”

Dunhama nodded, turned and walked out. He wondered how he would be able to marry Athilda with his duties now. He took a deep breath and smiled as he gripped the lock of her hair. His love for Athilda swelled up in him again and he knew everything would be well, even if Erkenbrand’s talk of a distant war still echoed into the depths of his mind.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 5:25 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda went out towards the kitchen and began to help distribute the stew and bread amongst the people in the keep. As she walked around and handed food to the elderly and children, she thought she saw Kano riding past the room she was in. She was glad that he was in good health, and she hoped and prayed that she and Dunhama would be able to meet with their friend again.
A sigh escaped her lips as the thought of Dunhama passed through. She loved him, even though she had met him barely 48 hours before; a smile formed on her lips and one of the children she served giggled at her, but she hardly noticed. Her thoughts were so fixed on Dunhama that as she stood and walked out into the hall headed for the kitchen, she nearly ran into him.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 6:24 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano had inquired as to the losses and the numbers were such he could hardly manage to repeat them. He knew not how or what, but he knew he would be dutty bound to these people. He was on his way back when he walked past a doorway on his horse and noticed Athilda inside. He stopped just past the door to greet her and as he turned his horse around he saw her come out the doorway and nearly run headlong into Dunham himself.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 10:36 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama was given some time to get his affairs in order before reporting to Ergon and his temporary unit. He was walking and thinking, and as he side-stepped a pile of dung, Athilda came out from a doorway and stopped just before running into him. Dunhama reached out and his hands took her by the upper arms to steady her. He broke into a smile and said,

”Athilda my Love!”

Dunhama was overjoyed to be able to see the woman he loved again before having to go to his duties. He gave her a quick kiss as Kan rode up. Dunhama said to him,

”I spoke to the commander, and I put in good words for your deeds. He may call on you and want to know of the battle from your view.”

Dunhama turned back to Athilda and said,

”I have some time before having to report. Where are you going Athilda?”

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 15th, 2017, 10:48 am 
Ent
Ent

"Dunhama!"
Athilda exclaimed joyfully as she met his gaze with a smile. As he steadied her, she felt his lips on hers for a brief moment and all her worries melted. She was now with the man she loved.
Her eyes followed Dunhamas', and when she turned around, she saw Kano riding to meet them.
She smiled at Kano and dipped her head.
"You seem well, Kano! For that, I am glad."
As she turned back to Dunhama, she noticed his new clothes, and what appeared to be gear from the armory. Her heart filled with dread at what this obviously meant, but she set her feelings about that aside and instead looked into his eyes and smiled softly.
"I was going to the kitchen to retrieve more stew and bread to distribute. Do you have time to accompany me?"
Her eyes held hope in them, but underneath that hope she felt an overwhelming sense of doom.

PostPosted: March 15th, 2017, 7:05 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

”Aye my love, I can accompany you. I have to take my old clothes to be repaired and cleaned. It will be on the way.”

Dunhama said held a bundle that held his worn tunic and breeches. He saw Athilda both admiring and dreading his new attire, and Dunhama looked at the leather armor vest, heavy breeches and boots, and faded green cloak he had been given by Ergon. A sword hung awkwardly to one side, and his axe on the other. He looked at Athilda and said,

”It appears I am not a kitchen hand anymore. I am not a soldier or a fighter, but it appears I have been made one, all due to a moment’s events and eyes that saw it. I don’t deserve it, but I am sure the pay will be a bit better than a kitchen hand. And I guess this is only temporary until the King returns from Isengard. Apparently I have much training to do. My skills on a horse are fair but rough, not like yours Kan.”

They set out walking toward the kitchen, his hand resting gently on the small of her back.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 15th, 2017, 7:46 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda searched his eyes for some sort of comfort as he spoke of the new job he had been given. But did he even want it? What would happen should he die in battle when he was supposed to still be training? She shuddered at the thought, but pushed it out of her mind. No. He would be alright. Everything would be alright.
As they ascended the stairs, she turned to look up at him and spoke, her voice was soft and hopeful.
"Dunhama? What....what would you think of our wedding being sooner? That is...before we left for the return home?"

PostPosted: March 15th, 2017, 8:09 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

"Before we get back to Edoras??? I... how... "

He stopped Athilda and looked her in the eyes. He said,

"I heard talk near the commanders office that we will be leaving for Edoras in only a couple days after the King returns. The King will want to have a victory party in his hall. When will we find time? But yes, I would marry you right here in this stairwell if I could my love."

He brushed her hair with his hand, and smiled. He would, but had no idea how to go about arranging a wedding on such short notice.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 45  Next