Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: March 7th, 2017, 11:31 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

(Code Red… drawbacks of living in the bush. It has to be quite stressful. Stay safe man, and we’ll see you on the other side.)

Athilda’s gentle touch as she cleaned his wound relaxed him, and he closed his eyes. It was her soft gentle whisper that wrapped around him as she asked him to stay with her.
Dunhama didn’t say anything, for his eyes spoke for him. He caressed her cheek and then with a kiss, he lay back and drew her to him, holding her close.

”Yes, my love, I will stay here with you….”

He whispered to her as he gently traced the delicate curves and folds of her ear with his fingers.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 7th, 2017, 11:47 pm 
Ent
Ent

A breath escaped her lips and she closed her eyes as he gently held her cheek, and when he kissed her, she was somewhere else. She was in heaven. She was safe; even as she fell down, she lay on her side next to him, staring into his eyes as he traced her ear.
"Dunhama?"
She spoke quietly as she studied his eyes as she gently touched his cheek with her fingertips.
"I love you."

PostPosted: March 8th, 2017, 1:08 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Hearing her say that she loved him warmed Dunhama’s heart and he sighed. He said,

”Lady Athilda, I…I…”

He was at a loss for words, for he was drowning in her beautiful eyes and feeling her light, sweet breath upon his face. The flicker of the candles in the room made the shadows dance and his head swim. Everything about her he loved… the deep feeling she poured out of her eyes, the sensual way her lips curved, the way her hair cascaded over her shoulder and breast as she lay there before him. Dunhama smiled and said in a whisper as he drew her close,

”I love thee Athilda…”

He took her lips to his and kissed her long and slow....

Last edited by Hanasian on November 25th, 2017, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 8th, 2017, 8:25 am 
Ent
Ent

With his gaze upon her, Athilda felt as though she were sloshing on a bed of clouds, but after she heard him speak those three words, she felt a small tear of joy trickle down her red cheek.
When he pulled her close to him, the warmth of his body and his breath comforted her;and as he declared his love for her, the confidence she had lost was slowly returning.
As she felt his lips upon hers, she began to get lost in them and she found comfort and safety in his kiss, in being with him.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2017, 9:46 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama felt every nerve in his body tingle as he fell into the soft warmth of Athilda’s embrace. Like waves from the ocean which he had never known, he had never felt anything like how he felt here and now with Athilda. He drifted away holding her as a dream filled his mind of waves crashing into rocks, their spray exploding into the sky. But Dunhama caught himself. He was not going to lose himself in sleep again! He opened his eyes to find his face buried in her hair as he lay against her back, his arm draped over her in a gentle embrace. He could feel her heartbeat in his hand as she breathed deep, her breaths long and slow. He whispered into her hair,

”Athilda my sweet….”

With breaths of her scent, he kissed the back of her neck through her hair and drifted away again.

Last edited by Hanasian on November 25th, 2017, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 8th, 2017, 12:03 pm 
Ent
Ent

Although enraptured by his touch and kiss, Athilda felt herself falling into unconsciousness as Dunhama slowly pulled away. But she did not want to succumb to sleep, so she blinked and opened her eyes; her gaze softened as she saw Dunhama lay in a peaceful state, so she rolled onto her other side and placed his hand around her, then closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2017, 11:39 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Athilda’s warmth seemed to sooth his soul, and the war didn’t seem so close anymore. Dunhama opened his eyes and saw her beautiful hair right in front of him. As they on their sides formed together as one, his arm still draped over her, his fingers searched and in time found her hand. Dunhama propped himself on his elbow and for a time he just watched her sleep. When she stirred slightly, he leaned to her ear and whispered.

”I think it may be morning my love…”

He have her ear a slight kiss, causing her to stir again. Dunhama wasn’t sure it was morning, but there was a small skylight high above that had started to diffuse light into the room. What this day was to bring he did not know. He only knew he was the happiest he has ever been.

~ ~ ~

Wulgov slept really hard in the Commander’s office. The blanket on the stone floor was smooth, and it made his back feel better. His slumber was interrupted by the commander’s boot. News of the attack had found its way to King Theoden’s ears, so he gave orders for the Commander of the Keep to move all the Dunlandings out to a new guarded tent camp. Wulgov was to help the commander, as he was going to have each of the wounded go by for Wulgov to see. Out of the thirty that still remained there, Wulgov indicated seven to be known vagrants back in Enedwaith. A couple he wasn’t sure about, but the rest were simple farm boys. It would be later that day they would go to the old camp and check the eighty others there as they are transferred. Wulgov knew he was now a marked man, and his life would be in danger should he ever return home.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 9th, 2017, 6:08 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda dreamed of nothing but floating in a field of warm air. It surrounded her completely and persuaded her to continue resting;then she heard but a whisper from above. The voice was soft and velvety and she felt herself start to move from the warm field, but she urged herself to stop. She did not want to leave this warmth or safety she felt. Just then a soft raindrop fell onto her ear, but when she reached her hand up to wipe the rain off, she immediately felt the bristle of pine and the softness of a cheek...?
"Hm...?"
Athilda opened her eyes as she turned to look up at what she was touching, but when her eyes met the man she loved, a tired smile made its way to her lips.
"Let the morning come, for I will be the happiest laying, standing or sitting by your side."
After she spoke, she took in a breath and turned to face him. As she lay there, Athilda took her hand and began to trace shapes onto his bicep.
"I do not wish for this moment to leave us, Dunhama. I do not wish to face what lies just outside that door just yet. But I feel confident knowing I will be standing by your side."
Her fingers trailed up his arm until she felt his soft neck, the bone of his jaw, and the slight roughness of his beard. With her hand gently resting on his cheek, Athilda leaned closer to him and kissed his cheek.
"I love you."

PostPosted: March 9th, 2017, 11:52 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama smiled and sighed as he watched Athilda turn toward him. Her fingers running along him gave him a delightful shiver, and he said as he lay back and looked up at the high ceiling,

”Well my love, maybe we just stay here until such time someone comes in through that door?”

As he went silent, long dark hair dragged across him as the face of the woman he loved slowly filled his eyes. He kissed her quickly and wrapped his arms around her shoulders as the other slid to the small of her back, her hair covering his face as she lay her head on his shoulder. Dunhama sighed and said,

"Yes, we will meet the day when the day decides to come meet us. Until then, You, Athilda, are my day!”

His hand came up from her shoulders and gently and slowly combed her hair with his fingers as the fingers of his other hand circled the small of her back.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 10th, 2017, 4:23 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda smiled as she felt his strong, warm hands tenderly wrap around her in an embrace, and as he spoke, she rested her head on his shoulder to hide the blush that covered her cheeks.
"Oh, Dunhama..."
she whispered as she closed her eyes as she felt his fingertips trace circles on her back. As she listened to his rapid heartbeat, she let out s breath and shivered.
"It is my hope that the day may arrive slowly for us both then, for this day does not wish to see her day leave."

PostPosted: March 10th, 2017, 8:04 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

"Then let us remember this night and morning forever. What day is it I wonder?"

Dunhama let his circling hand come to rest as he lost himself in Athilda. He thought of the days, and then said,

"The thirteenth day of Súlimë... I think. May we ever remember this day!"

Athilda pressed her arms on his shoulders and raised her head above his. She looked down at him with her deep beautiful eyes and her hair shrouded his face with hers under it. He looked into her eyes and said,

"If I was like that traveler that is with the King, I would stop the passing of time right now, right here."

He drew her close and kissed her before she lay her head upon him again.

~ ~ ~

Outside the room, A soldier came to Lady Eowyn and said,

"I am here for Lady Athilda. The commander of the keep requests her presence to testify against the two men that attacked her."

"Lady Athilda is ... occupied. Tell the commander she will come as requested when she is ready. Facing those men will be traumatic and I am giving her time, all the time she needs."

The soldier nodded and turned and left.

~ ~ ~

Ergon came to the chamber where he was told Dunhama was. He asked the woman who was tending the chamber,

"Have you seen a young man named Dunhama? Word among the men is he was the "deathless man" that stood in the breach alone. I want to see him."

The woman looked puzzled, and pointed at a sleeping man maybe sixteen year of age.

"Would that be him? He suffered wounds and seemed to fall asleep hard once he lay down. I don't have the heart to wake him for breakfast. I think the brave boy should be allowed to sleep."

Ergon looked at him and said,

"He was traveling and came in with the one I seek."

The woman looked over and nodded, smirking slightly.

"Yes, there was another.. two others over there. A man, not much more than a boy, maybe a few years older than this one sleeping, and a woman, who is the handmaiden of Lady Eowyn. She got up around the first hour being summoned to tend to some of the wounded. The other boy was summoned a short while later. I haven't seen either one since."

"Aye."

Ergon said. He really wanted to talk to him. he nodded and thanked the woman, and he left to go find the commander.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 10th, 2017, 10:25 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda smiled as he paused, then closed her eyes as he spoke as if she were wavering it.
"Aye, it shall be locked in my memory forever." Her voice was wispy and soft as she spoke to him.
She then lifted herself from his shoulders and looked down upon his face and became completely and utterly in love with him. She smiled sweetly and rested her hand on his cheek, then kissed him fully on the lips.
After pulling away, she again rested her head on his shoulder and sighed.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2017, 11:47 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Eowyn considered what the Commander wanted of Athilda, and she burned. Had not the girl been through enough? She called Railan her second maid to her and said,

"I need to go see the commander. You are to bolt the door and only open it to me. Should Athilda and Dunhama wish to leave, try and have them wait for me."

What are you going to do my lady?"

Railan asked. Eowyn looked at the door, and said

"Athilda has found joy in Dunhama. As much as I would like that same joy, Aragorn's heart is elsewhere. Yet I will not allow her to lose this which she had gained so shortly after such a traumatic assault. I know this is a lot to ask of you, but I have to go see Erkenbrand. If anybody tries to say otherwise, you say it is the order of me."

Eowyn looked into Railan's eyes and the girl nodded. Eowyn left and shut the door, and she waited a moment to hear the bolt close. She set off swiftly.

Eowyn was at the commander's office quickly, but he wasn't there. The soldier who had come for Athilda was though, and Eowyn started to tell him why Athilda would not come and face the attackers.

"As the King and Eomer have left for Isengard, I am left as caretaker of the Keep. I say that an attack by rogue Dunlandings does not require my handmauden to suffer further. She will not be put through this unless she herself agrees to it."

A voice from behind her echoed in the door.

"That will not be necessary."

Erkenbrand, the commander of the Westfold, came in. He was followed by Wulgov. Erkenbrand bowed and said to Lady Eowyn,

"Apparently there was some sort of disturbance in the Dunlanding camp. About a dozen killed each other. The attackers were among the dead."

Wulgov swallowed as he spoke. Erkenbrand went and sat down at his desk and said,

"There is another matter the King asked me to look into. Apparently word got to him that the lone man in the breach was not slain, but had lived. Now we're not sure who exactly it was, but those Dunedain Rangers who were the first to come to his aid, did say he was darker complected than most Rohirrim and fought with a Dunlanding axe. He was severely wounded in the head and arm. They lost him in the retreat to the Keep, but this Aragorn says Halbarad's instincts are usually correct. Have you seen anyone who may fit this description?"

Lady Eowyn knew they were looking for Dunhama. She said calmly,

"I may have seen him. I will send him as soon as I see him."

Erkenbrand nodded, and the Lady took her leave. There would be no facing those men. Eowyn suspected this 'incident' Erkenbrand spoke of was not entirely the fault of the Dunlandings. His shadow Dunlanding likely had something to do with it. But she did not give it any more thought.

When she returned to her chamber, Railan opened the door and Eowyn stepped in. She looked at the closed door across the room and smiled at what she heard.

~ ~ ~ ~

Dunhama could feel the love pouring out from Athilda, and he freely drowned in it. He poured his love out to Athilda in equal measure. After some time, he managed to get his breath and he stammered out broken words...

"Athilda my love... I... I...."

Her breathing on his neck and his nerves and the choking in his throat that tried to fight what he wished to say.
He took a deep breath and tried to straightened her tangled hair. He tried again,

"Athilda I know that.... well... we haven't um... known each other very long. Days. And I have little if anything... But ... But I ask... will you be... be my wife?"

He let out a breath as he said that. But as one pressure left him, another filled him and he could feel the beads of sweat pushing their way out all over his head.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 12:58 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda listened to Dunhamas heartbeat as she was once again wrapped in his warm embrace. Not a moment of silence passed between them before she turned her head to gaze into his eyes. She smiled and her cheeks reddened as he addressed her.
As she looked up st him, she thought she saw a nervous spark in his eyes, but she soon realized why.
Her eyes widened and her smile went from ear to ear as he stammered and stumbled on his words.
"Dunhama..."she whispered as she nodded her head. "Yes, yes! A thousand times, yes!"
As she spoke, she placed her trembling hand gently on his cheek and took a deep breath to calm her rapid heartbeat.
Never had she felt this kind of love for someone, and never had she thought she would be able too. But somehow, when she was with him, she felt safe, protected and happy.
"Oh, Dunhama...I am the most blessed woman in all of Rohan, nay, of the entirety of Middle-a earth."
She smiled again, then leaned down and kissed him gently on the lips.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 5:51 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama sighed and melted with her kiss. Never did he think he would ever find love in his life, let alone from the most beautiful woman in Rohan, if not this Middle Earth. As she lay upon him, he let his fingers trace her shoulder blades and ribs, and he took a deep breath of Athilda's scent. He said in a soft voice,

"When, where, how, it will likely have to be when all this..."

His voice trailed off as he paused in what he was saying. Neither of them had any family. Athilda was his family now. He looked at the side of her head as she lay her head back down. He thought that it would have to be when all this war is done and we are victorious. But what if.... They had won a battle, what if they do not win the war? His fingers combed through her long locks as the worst thoughts flowed through him. He knew what the Dunlindings would do. A taste had already came even though they were captives of the Rohirrim. The orcs would be worse for he heard tales of they eating the dead. Athilda raised her head as she slid off to his side. She asked as she looked him deep in the eyes,

"What is wrong Dunhama?"

He sat up and said,

"You and I, we will always have Helms Deep my love. We will always have this day, and we will always have each other! Yet I have nothing to give you now. Should we make it back to Edoras, there I have something for you. Also, you keep the pendant. I think my mother would be happy to know you. I love you dear Athilda, so much that words cannot express how I feel. I hold all hope in the future we have together, for if I ever lost you Athilda, I would be a shell of a man."

He stood up and walked over to the basin and splashed water on himself. When he turned around, Athilda was sitting wrapped in a wool blanket and smiling, watching him. He smiled back at his bride to be, and his eyes took in every feature of her face from afar. He came back to her and she reached her hands out and he took them. She stood and they embraced. They had this time, and he would be ever grateful to Lady Eowyn for this. With a shiver, Dunhama drew the blanket up and around then as a tapping on the door was heard.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 7:34 am 
Ent
Ent

As Dunhama traced his fingers over her shoulder blades and down her ribcage, Athilda closed her eyes and took in a soft breath and smiled. Her smile faded, however as she heard his voice fade and when she opened her eyes, she found him deep in thought. She furrowed her brows in worry and asked him what was wrong, and when he sat up and spoke, she sat up beside him and rested a hand lightly on his hand.
Athilda watched as Dunhama stood and splashed water from the basin over his face and smiled softly. As he turned around to face her, she had to take a breath to steady herself, and when he walked back to her, she held out her hands and squeezed them gently, then stood rested her head against him.
She was about to speak when she heard a tapping on the door. She turned to face the door, then looked back at Dunhama.
"Here, let me get it."
She smiled and kissed him on the cheek before walking to the door and opening it slightly.
"Yes?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 45  Next