Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale...TTT RPG
PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 8:41 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano sighed in relief as finally the soldier on horseback caught up with them. He gladly put Dunham on the travois, pleased to know Dunham would see a healer sooner and glad for the rest. He slowed his walking pace as they horse grew further away. He felt like stopping right then and there but he forced his legs to keep moving.

"Well... I am glad he will soon be tended too," Kano said.

(Indeed it did fit well)

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 9:11 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda was glad to see the horseman ride next to them and offer to take Dunhama, yet, as they lay him on the cart and watched as he was carried away, she couldn't help but feel heartache.
She clutched her hands together at her heart and prayed that he would survive and that they would all be reunited with each other.
"Yes. I am glad for him too."
A breath escaped her lips and she shivered as a wind blew against them, flinging her cold, wet hair out in front of her then landing with a thwap against her shoulders.
They walked for some time in silence, but after a while, Athilda looked over at Kano.
"So, Kano....do you....do you mind me asking what brought you to Edoras? I don't think I've seen you before...but I could be mistaken, for I mainly stay in the Great Hall."

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 9:45 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano, too, was quite chilly, having left his Jacket to cover Dunham. At least the walking and movement kept him a little warmer than sitting still and gave him motivation to keep active.

They walked along, and then Athilda asked him her question. He looked up with obvious hesitation. "Me? I..." He shrugged. "I had no where else to go." He walked for a moment before saying anything else, then added. "I lost my family in a raid. I... couldn't stay at the village. I figured there would be refuge in Edoras. I had only been there a single night when the Elf, wizard, dwarf, and ranger showed up."

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 9:53 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda's gaze dropped to the ground and she wrapped her arms around her to keep the chill out. When he answered her, she felt a weight begin to crush her.
"Forgive me. I should have been able to recognize the sorrow in your eyes." She glanced up at him with kind eyes then added. "I too had to flee when my family was attacked by Wild Men. I remember the despair I felt when I left."
She sighed, then dipped her head.
"Even while there seems to be no hope, I hope you'll find some comfort amongst new friends."
A comforting smile appeared on her face as she looked at him.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 10:42 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano looked to the ground and then off away from Athilda as she spoke. "I'm so sorry..." he said, a heartfelt apology. "I hope we both find a new beginning out of all of this..."

He walked on, not saying much else. At long last they could see Helms Deep in the distance. He sighed and inwardly wondered if he could walk the distance. He wondered how Dunham was doing. He glanced over to Athilda, he knew she must be even more concerned for Dunham. She seemed to take a liking to the young man and he to her.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 10:54 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda nodded then looked ahead at the boots that were rising and falling in a rhythmic step. Her eyes lit up as she finally laid eyes on the great fortress that seemed to be nestled against the mountains base. Athilda smiled, but when she looked at Kano and saw how tired he looked, she grew concerned.
"Kano? Are you alright?" She reached around and grabbed the flask of water and handed it to him. "It's not much, but perhaps it will help refresh you...at least until we make it to Helm's Deep."

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 11:14 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Over the ridges from the Westfold Vale where Kano and Athilda and the stragglers from Edoras trekked, the Rohirrim fought a hard battle with the warg-riders. Even as the day waned and victory was at hand, it would be a hollow win, for the Rohirrim suffered the loss of many men and horses. There could be no burial of the dead, for the wounded were many and it was only a matter of time before the legions of the White Hand were upon them. Even now, Rohirrim soldiers defeated at the Fords of Isen were straggling toward Helms Deep, with Erkenbrand's remaining Westfold army putting up a spirited rearguard to buy them all more time.

The chill rain had stopped and the wind ceased, but the clouds did not depart. Mist arose from the ground as the air warmed, making it humid and stifling. Breaths were hard to come by as the wetness of the rain now became the wetness of sweat. Athilda walked onward talking with Kano even as their feet ached, when the sound of two horses approached them from behind. An old soldier sat on what looked like the cart they had that had overturned. As it came scraping up without wheels the soldier stopped the horse and called out to them,

"Oi! Get on! I want to make Helms Deep before dark!."

Athilda and Kano used their last strength to climb on the back. They saw that much of the supplies had been salvaged, though the blanket Athilda had offered to Dunhama was being used to cover it. The cart scraped its way along, following the lines the travois that carried Dunhama through the Deeping Coombe earlier. The old soldier said to them as they rested on the back,

"You yungunz look like you been through a lot. Here are some cloaks from my dear departed comrades. It may be sticky but you needn't get chilled. Here, take them. Names Ergon. Pleased to be of service. I think I will stop and pick up these poor folk too. Get close and make some room. That girl is injured."

Athilda and Kano slid tightly to one side, and the wounded soldier who had been pulling that makeshift travois that Kano had made lifted his daughter up and laid her in the cart with her back to the old soldier driving. The young boy climbed up and sat next to her, and the father sat on the back with his over the side. The overloaded cart groaned as the horses moved on, but hopes were it would hold together intil they got to the Hornburg. Ergon said,

"We will make Helms Deep where good defense can be had. The warg riders are spent, and the Uruks that broke the Isen will not be here any sooner than in the middle of the night sometime. General Erkenbrand is making it hard for them to move steady. For now, get some rest of you can."

Rest would be hard to get on the bumping, scraping cart. Still, as exhausted as they were, the rocking made them all drowsy as the westering rays of the sun broke through under the cloud, naking everything glow in a bloody red...

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 11:34 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano looked over to Athilda, accepting the water graciously. "Thank you... I'm sure I'll be ok. It's just a lot of walking in recent days." He started onward again when he heard a sound behind them. Initially he wanted to reach for his short sword. He saw, however, that a horse was pulling a cart. Once it grew closer the man urged them on and certainly didn't have to try and convince Kano.

Kano climbed wearily onto the wagon and collapsed against the pile of supplies. He counted his blessings to still be alive that day.

"Thanks, again," he said to Athilda, handing her the water back, a small swallow or two still left. Then he lay his head back. Between his travels to Edoras, and now this, he had got little sleep and far too much walking in comparison. Before the man driving the cart could suggest rest Kano was already asleep, being no stranger to taking rest in uncomfortable places.

Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 11:58 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda walked for a few more minutes in thought before she heard someone come up behind them. Relief flooded her at the sight of the old soldier and the cart. The cart! She could take the herbs from- her thoughts were interrupted as the soldier urged them onto the cart, and after slowly climbing in, Athilda felt as though she could finally relax and rest. She graciously accepted her water and the cloak, then set the water on top of the other supplies and wrapped her cloak tightly around her frame.
After the old solider picked up a few more weary travelers, Athilda shut her eyes and breathed in the warm and humid air. She cared not that it began to smell, all she cared about was getting Kano to safety and returning to Dunhama.
As she rested her eyes, her thoughts were filled with memories, both good and bad; some were from the past, and others were from the present.
A smile appeared on her face when her thoughts led her to her family and to Dunhama. She prayed that he had made it and was getting the proper treatment for his wound.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 12:56 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

The sound of the travois stopped and he could feel hands lifting him. The wounded were laid down in the grass before the Hornburg wherema man named Grikold, who must have some knowledge of healing, checked each new arrival. Dunhama awoke suddenly when one of the soldiers that was next to him was moved off. Th eother had died and he too was taken away to where the dead lay. Dunhama sat up and slid off to his feet, and Grikold eyed his head wound and nodded before looking at his arm. The cloth from Athilda's tunic that wrapped it had blood on it, but the man was relieved when he unwrapped it. Dunhama's wound was not bleeding again, but blood from the soldier who died beside him had soaked into it. Grikold said,

"This seems to be infected, but it has been well cared for! Who may I ask saw to your wound?"

He poured some spirits onto it and it burned, but nothing like it did before. Dunhama said wearily,

"A woman.... a handmaiden of Lady Eowyn... Athilda is her name.... she is the most gentle... caring... beautiful... silken..."

The Grikold noted the name as Dunhama drifted away and was helped to the ground by a servant. Grikold said to the servant,

"Send word to Lady Eowyn that one who was with her hand maiden has arrived. And help take this man into the fortress! We have little time to move all these wounded."

Dunhama drifted away hearing these words as he felt himself lifted. He was still telling the man about Athilda in his head, but he had lost consciousness and was the only one to hear his thoughts. When he was laid to rest in the inner quarters of the Hornburg, Eowyn was there treating the wounded. The servant came to her and asked her,

"M'lady, Grikold sais this man was treated by your handmaiden... He say she has great skill in triage as witness by this man here living."

He pointed at Dunhama's wound as he lay nearby. Eowyn walked over to him and knelt down and looked at him.

"This is Dunhama, a kitchenhand of Meduseld! He was with Athilda when I saw them last before the attack came. I know not where she is and I fear she is lost. There was also another young man with her. Should she come, send her to me straight away!"

The servant nodded and bowed, and set off running back to the field where Grikold and the wounded were. He got back to Grikold as a cart without wheels came scraping along and stopped. The boy awoke and jumped out of the cart. His father as well awoke. His daughter slept, as did Athilda and Kano. They didn't notice the cart had stopped. Grikold said to the father. Your head is badly hurt. How are the others? Ergon turned and looked with his one eye and said,

"I have talked with them, and they are exhausted. These two walked and ran all the way from Edoras and were attacked as well. Word has it they worked bravely helping people even while arrows rained down! This young lady was thrown from her horse and her ankle is smashed, i dare say infected. Removing her boot will be dreadful. I recommend that not be done here."

Ergon got off the cart to unhitch the horses when the servant said to Grikold.

"Lady Eowyn says that her handmaiden Lady Athilda is missing and she fears may be dead. But should she arrive, the lady bids she come to her right away"

Hearing her name, Athilda awoke. She picked her head up from Kano's shoulder and blinked as she looked around....

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 1:55 pm 
Ent
Ent

The last thing Athilda remembered before drifting off into unconsciousness was the sight of the dead soldiers and their horses strewn across the blood-soaked hills.
Her sleep had been restless due to the rocking and raking of the cart across the mud and stone.
Athilda opened her eyes and sat up at the sound of her name being mentioned not very far from where she sat. As she blinked, she looked around in an effort to accustom herself to her new surroundings. She saw many men being carried off to another room and that is when she realized what was happening.
"Dunhama..." She muttered as a solider helped her off the cart. As she stepped onto the hard stone, her cloak fell off of her and she instantly felt the cold air seep into her clothing and numb her body. Her teeth began to chatter as she stood, just looking around at the dead men who lay at her feet. Fear that Dunhama hadn't made it filled her and she began to loose hope.
Her thoughts were interrupted by a man's voice behind her.
"Are you Lady Eowyn's handmaiden, Athilda?" Grikold asked plainly.
Athilda crossed her arms to stop the shivering that overtook her and she dipped her head.
"Yes m'lord. I am."
Grikold removed his cloak and wrapped it over her shoulders, then ushered her to follow him.
"The Lady would like to see you."

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 7:09 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Surprisingly Kano slept soundly the entire way and even after the cart stopped and there were voices all around him. He had a few odd and vague dreams, but nothing he would remember once he woke.

"Should we wake him?" One of the men asked as they started unloading the supplies from the cart.

"Nay... he doesn't seem to be injured," another replied. "Let him sleep. He will need his strength for the battle."

"The battle?" The forst asked. "He's just a boy."

"Aye..." the man answered and looked at Kano sympathetically. "But I heard the men talking. They say the King has instructed to have every lad and elderly man capable of wielding a sword or bow ready for battle."

They both looked at Kano, ill thoughts rising to the thought of all the young lads like him and the elserly who would be joining them in the battle. It was a dark moment. None the less there was nothing else to be done. They hurriedly unloaded the cart while Kano continued to sleep.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 9:06 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama lay there drifting between dream and wakefulness. He could see Lady Eowyn looking at him closely but could not talk…. When he awoke again, the young lady whose ankle was broken was laying beside him. Her boot had been cut off, and they had washed and set her ankle and wrapped it tight. She was asleep. Dunhama propped himself up on his good arm and asked to nobody in particular.

”What do I have to do around here to get a drink?”

The girl turned her head toward Dunhama. Her deep blue eyes were surrounded by redness and she blinked away tears. She said,

”I thank thee kind sir for all you and your friends did for my family and I.”

“I am sorry m’lady that we could not save your mother, and I grieve for your loss.”

Dunhama said as she closed her eyes and wiped away the tears with the sleeve of her tunic. She said,

”Are your friends here? I would like to thank them as well.”

Dunhama turned his head and looked up at the stone ceiling far above. He said.

”No… I don’t know. I left them on the road when a horseman carrying wounded came along. I would like to think they made it. Their names are Athilda and Kan.”

The opened her eyes again and looked over at him. She said as she smiled slightly,

”My name is Rainia.”

Dunhama reached his hand out and she did the same, He took it and with a slight grip and a shake, said,

”I am Dunhama. It is good to know you.”

Raina smiled and nodded before grimacing in pain and laying back. She looked up at the ceiling and said,

”It looks like we both have seen better days.”

Dunhama was silent but shook his head in agreement. Just then, her little brother came up to her and sat on the floor next to her. Their father, his head freshly bandaged, came and sat as well, and they started to have a cry of lament for their mother. Dunhama closed his eyes and thought about Athilda. He could see her smile, her eyes when they were happy and sad, and how her hair fell over her shoulders… He drifted off into a sleep as he said her name…

”Athilda….”

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 9:47 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

At long last Kano woke. He lay there in the empty wagon, the supplies fully unloaded, the horse taken to food and water, and the majority of the crowd moved on to other responsabilities. He rubbed his eyes and stretched, then rubbed his shoulder that he had carried Dunham on for the time he had. It was aching, but no more than his leggs.

Kano crawled out of the cart and looked around. Athilda had gone, no doubt to find Dunham. He decided that was where he should go as well. He walked over to the first man he saw that looked like he was in charge.

"Excuse me sir," Kano said, approaching the man. "Can you tell me where they have taken the wounded?"

The man pointed. "Over that way lad."

Kano nodded. "Thank you." He headed off towards that direction. Once he arrived it astounded him how many wounded there were. He glanced around, finding a man that was tending to the wounded. "Excuse me sir," Kano said. "Do you know where a young man named Dunham would be?"

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 10:48 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda followed Grikold down the stone hall and into the inner quarters, and as she looked around, she saw that the wounded were many. As she passed by, she sent up a silent prayer of safety for those who were wounded or sick. She wished that she could help them, but now she had to attend the Lady Eowyn.
As Grikold approached the Lady, Athilda curtsied and dipped her head in respect. But as she cast her eyes down, she caught sight of Dunhama and heard Kano speaking softly to someone.
The Lady Eowyn must have seen her eyes light up, for she picked up Athildas' rough hands in hers and urged her to stand.
"I am happy indeed to see that you have arrived in good health, for I had hoped that you would help me tend to those in need. However, your hope and joy does not escape my eyes, so please, take a few hours to rest and be reunited."
"Thank you, my Lady." A tear of joy rolled down her cheek as she looked up at the Lady, then she dipped her head. "I will be happy to attend my Lady."
The Lady smiled warmly, then nodded and turned away to take care of the wounded.
Athilda likewise turned and knelt down next to Dunhama. Her heart was so full of joy that she felt like singing, so she did.
Her voice was soft and comforting, like a warm summers' wind blowing the tall grass on the plains. As she sang, she brushed his hair away from his face and entwined her fingers in his.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 11:20 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama heard the soft, sweet words of song as they caressed his ears. The gentle touch of a hand grazing his cheek as gentle fingers entwined with his own. He opened his eyes and saw Athilda’s face close to his as she looked deep into his dark eyes.

”Athilda… you have come….”

He started to try and get up, but Athilda placed her hand on his chest and gently persuaded him to stay down. He sighed and his fingers gently felt her entwined fingers as she looked at his clean bandaged head and then to his arm. As she turned and again looked into to his eyes, her free hand brushed his cheek again as she started to sing some more. Dunhama smiled and brought their entwined hands to his lips and he lightly kissed the back of her hand. He whispered,

”Athilda… I…”

Her fingers touched his lips and he fell silent. He reached for her with his free hand and touched her shoulder feeling her bare arm, and closed his eyes. With Athilda there beside him, he could feel strength returning to him.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 45  Next