Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale...TTT RPG
PostPosted: February 14th, 2017, 5:32 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda closed her eyes as new tears fell down her cheeks. She couldn't bear to think how many children were gone due to the greed of many. Her thoughts brought back memories from her most recent past. Her mother, father and brothers were being attacked by a group of Wild men when her father began to defend them while she and her mother ran...her brothers were only about the age that boy who was sitting outside was. They were intent on defending her mother and herself.....
Athilda brought her hand to cover her mouth as she began to cry.

PostPosted: February 14th, 2017, 6:32 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Hearing the lady sob, Dunhama turned again to the maid and his finger gently brushed a tear from her cheek. He looked into her eyes as she turned and he said,

”M’lady, for these children and for all who have been lost, we must be strong! For the words of these four travellers and the King speak of imminent war! I fear it will spare no one.”

Dunhama gulped as he looked at the King Guardsmen standing nearby. Even the men in arms had a dread look on their faces…

Looking again to the maid, he asked,

”Do you have family here m’lady?”

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 14th, 2017, 7:38 pm 
Ent
Ent

As the cook gently wiped away her tear, a feeling she had thought was long dead rose up within her.
"Forgive me, sir. I...my memories caught me in a moment of weakness."
Her gaze rose as she heard the kings' commanding voice, then she turned back to look into Dunhamas' eyes.
"No, sir." She shook her head slowly. "I have no one. Have you anyone?"

PostPosted: February 14th, 2017, 9:15 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Hearing her words, Dunhama’s eyes glazed slightly as he seemed to stare past the maid to somewhere far away. He blinked and looked again at the maid and shook his head,

”No… nobody….”

He said, shaking memories of his own from his head. He said,

”My mother died nearly three years ago. She brought me here when I was just a wee lad. Times were hard, but she was thankful for all we had here. After I was orphaned, the Lady Eowyn caught me stealing scraps from the kitchen. She had mercy and as punishment, she gave me a job working in the kitchen. I have seen you at times doing your duties here, but we have until now not met. My name is Dunhama…”

He paused as the King gave a fierce command to Hama and the travellers all stood. Hama quickly stormed by to the door and announced in a loud voice…

” "By order of the King, the city must empty. We make for the refuge of Helm's Deep. Do not burden yourself with treasures. Take only what provisions you need!”

Dunhama nodded and bit his lip. War has come. They had little time to prepare. He turned to the maid and said,

”It looks like your duties and mine here are now done. The road to Helms Deep will be long, and I myself have little of worth save this pendant which I wear. We will bring what food we can. Will you need help readying for this journey?”

Dunhama held to his mother's pendant which she had treasured as he spoke.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 14th, 2017, 9:40 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano noted the maid and kitchen helper speaking and their glances at him, but his face stay stalwart. His ears still tuned to the king's words. A little while longer he sat and then... there it was. The announcement of their departure.

Kano stood at this, grabbing a pack that he slung over his shoulder. Either the lad had not yet unpacked from his arrival or he had suspected such a move upon seeing the strangers enter the city. It was no secret war raged through the lands, though. Strangers of these sorts showing up in the city could hardly mean much else other than war.

Kano turned, glancing back at the maid and young man, then to his king. Then he walked down the steps and headed for the front gate.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: February 14th, 2017, 9:59 pm 
Ent
Ent

As Dunhama spoke of the loss of his mother, tears began to form in her eyes again. She too had lost her mother not but 18 months ago from an illness which she could not recover from.
She wished to share this with him but the moment she opened her mouth Hamas' voice echoed through the great hall, causing her to look up at him with fear and worry in her eyes. As Hama turned to attend the King, Athilda looked back to Dunhama and shook her head.
"I too have very little save for these strips of fabric around my wrist and a dagger my father gave to me." She glanced down for a moment then looked back up at him and continued. "But I must pack the necessities for the Lady Eowyn and the children." She started to turn to attend to the preparations, but then looked back at Dunhama.
"My name is Athilda, sir." A hint of a smile appeared, but then it vanished as the children and the Lady approached. Athilda quickly followed after the Lady, then went into her chambers to prepare a sack full of her Ladyships necessities as well as those for the children.

PostPosted: February 14th, 2017, 11:27 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama smiled as Athilda gave him her name, but Lady Eowyn hurried over with the children and as she passed by she said to him,

”Dunhama, take what food we can fit on the supply cart and see to getting the horse ready. We have little time!”

Dunhama bowed as he said,

”Yes m’lady… ladies”

He bowed again to Athilda as she turned to follow Lady Eowyn. Dunhama quickly went back to the kitchen and saw that everyone was already gone. He grabbed a bag and filled it with the day’s baked bread. There was bags of potatoes, onions, and garlic that he loaded one by one into the cart. There were a few tomatoes, but they would not keep long. He took them anyway, and he managed to pick open the lock on the cheese larder and took the few wheels that were in there. There was little else. Hopefully the soldiers had stocks of dried meat they would take returning to the kitchen one last time, he grabbed all the dried herbs he could find and carefully put them in an empty bag before going into his little room where he stayed. He got his bedroll and his dagger, and an old axe he had found in his mother’s room at the tavern after she died. Was unsure why she had it, but Dunhama thought it could be useful. It may yet be. He threw on an old brown cloak and went back out. Going out to the cart, he secured the tarp and went across the way to the stables. Most people had brought out the horses, but the old mare was still in her stall. Dunhama went over to her and gave her nose a rub, saying,

”Come on old girl. We have a lot of walking to do.”

He led her out and she obediently let herself be hitched to the cart. He was ready to go, but he couldn’t get out of the alley onto the road due to the mayhem of people going this way and that. Dunhama hoped panic did not start. Finally a young soldier of the Palace Guard stepped into the road and waved him forth.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 15th, 2017, 11:14 am 
Ent
Ent

Once finished packing a few spare clothes for the children and a few dresses for the Lady Eowyn, Athilda placed the sacks just outside of their chambers before packing herself. She quickly grabbed her fathers dagger, the only other dress she owned and her cloak before carrying the sacks outside.
The sky appeared to be clear and though the sun shone brightly down on the town, there was a chill in the air. Athilda shivered as a cool wind blew her dark brown hair across her face, but continued down the stairs until she made it to the main road.
It was absolute chaos. Women were scrambling to gather their children and pack themselves whilst the husbands ran back and forth gathering the supplies they would need for the journey.
Athilda looked around for someone she recognized then lit up once she saw Dunhama. As she walked towards her new friend, she smiled sweetly and nodded.

PostPosted: February 15th, 2017, 2:20 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

For the time being Kano stood at the gate. He was ready to depart. He watched as others ran abou, making last minute preparations. He tied, still to hear what those leading the march were saying. He heard something about Helms Deep. Kano had heard of the great fortress but never seen it.

As sudden as it chais started, the fronts of the line started moving. Kano shuffled into place and off they went.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: February 15th, 2017, 3:05 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama held up the old mare when he saw Athilda approaching. He bowed and said,

"M'lady Athilda! Put what you can on the cart and walk with me if you wish!"

The wind blew as an icy breath down from Snowbourne, finding every tear on his cloak and chilling him to the bone. Pushing back his dark locks from his face, they were soon blowing about his face again. As he helped her find room on the cart for all she had, he said,

"It is well that the sun is shining, for it seems the breath of the mountains are even more bitter than normal. Do you know where 'Helms Deep' is?"

Dunhama paused as he looked at the those in front of him, and they had started moving. He coaxed the mare forward as they started to walk. He went on,

"I heard talk it was twenty leagues. except for a few times climbing trails in the low foothills of these mountains, I have never been away from Edoras. I have lived my whole life here. This will be a big adventure for me."

The procession paused briefly and he looked at Athilda who seemed deep in thought. He wondered how she had come into the service of Lady Eowyn, but was too shy to ask.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 15th, 2017, 3:58 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda blushed and lowered her gaze as Dunhama addressed her so formally, then she curtsied and met his gaze.
"Thank you, sir. I would like that very much."
As she stored all of her items on the cart, she shivered, then quickly donned her cloak, glad for it's relative warmth. Once she turned, she noticed that her new friend was shivering, despite his cloak. Thinking quickly, she went back and searched in one of the bags for one of the Lady Eowyns' blankets. After only a few moments, she pulled out a beautiful grey and taupe woolen blanket and offered it to him.
"You looked like you shivering, sir. I'm sure the Lady wouldn't mind you borrowing it."
She smiled kindly at him then shook her head once he took it.
"And no, sir. I have never been very far from Edoras. And if I do leave, it is only to the plains just outside the gate to pick wildflowers for some of the chambers."

PostPosted: February 15th, 2017, 5:54 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama was thankful for the blanket. He took his old tattered cloak off and wrapped it around his shoulders, then threw his cloak over it. The feel of the rich wool was something he had never felt before. He said,

”Thank you much for this m’lady. I hope Lady Eowyn doesn’t mind. I will try my best not to soil it.”

He finally got the courage up to ask Athilda,

”If it is not my business, tell me so, but I am curious about how you came to be Lady Eowyn’s maid servant?”

He looked aside as Hama rode back up the line watching the procession. The exodus had gotten much more orderly as they left the city. They could see a number of people ahead of them below making their way to the west. Dunhama thought he saw the young man who had quietly stood by the door earlier far ahead.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 15th, 2017, 7:04 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda smiled reassuringly. "I am sure that the Lady would not mind. She has a kind and noble heart, and she cares for her people."
Her smile began to slowly fade and she tugged her cloak tighter around her small frame.
"After my mother passed, I found myself unable to do anything." She paused, then stared at the ground ahead of them as grief began to well up within her. After a moment, she took a breath then continued, but this time, her voice was but a whisper. "After she was buried, I was found wandering around..quite close to the border of King Theodens lands. The kind prince Theodred found me unconscious and brought me back to Edoras where I was nursed back to health. The Lady Eowyn pleaded on my behalf and the King allowed me to begin my services as a maid."

PostPosted: February 15th, 2017, 10:08 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama was grieved by Athilda’s life story. Like himself she had lost her mother. And like himself, the good grace of Lady Eowyn spared her. He said,

”We both owe much to Lady Eowyn…”

He was going to say something more, but the thought of the death of Prince Theodred. He sighed then said,

”It was sad news when Theodred was brought home dying. I blamed Grima. He was always lurking around Meduseld. Did you ever have any encounters with him before he was driven out?”

Suddenly the sun was covered by a cloud and the air grew chill and damp.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 15th, 2017, 10:25 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda nodded quietly at his observation and was becoming lost in her own thoughts and memories when his question stirred her from the past. Her eyelids fluttered and she drew in a quick breath at the mention of that foul creature who had poisoned the mind of the King.
"Never directly." She glanced up at him then shivered as the wind blew in ominous looking clouds. "I...I heard him speak with the Lady Eowyn the morning that Theodred passed." As she recalled this meeting of the Lady and Grima, she instinctively moved closer to her friend. "I was doing my morning duties and was about to go into the Prince's chambers when I heard him speak ill of her brother. Well, perhaps not ill of him, but....he sounded cold, distant and traitorous....it was as if he was...immune to grief. He then....he said malicious words, but the way he spoke made whatever he said sound as if he was saying them sweetly. That's when I saw him reach out to touch her face but thankfully she spat his poison back at him and stormed out."
The moment she finished, she realized how close she was to Dunhama and quickly took a few steps away from him and glanced down at the ground in an attempt to hide the color that was rising to her cheeks.

PostPosted: February 16th, 2017, 12:08 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama was relieved to hear that Athilda had not suffered directly from the wiles of Wormtongue. His words were smooth and cunning and made his lies seem like truth, spreading their infection to everyone that worked and lived in Meduseld. But now it was another voice that Dunhama thought of. It sounded melodic in his ears, even as it spoke of ill things, and he lost himself in them as they seemed to grow closer. When they paused, it seemed to him like a fading dream as one awakens. Dunhama looked over at Athilda and saw that she seemed to be hiding her face with her hair as she looked down. The sound of their footfall and the rumbling of the cart wheels filled the air for that moment. Without thinking, Dunhama reached out and took Athilda’s hand as he said softly,

”Let us speak no more of him. He is now gone, and the days ahead will likely be dark enough without the ill thoughts.“

A spritz of mist on a breeze chilled them as the low cloud passed, but then it again grew bright as the warmth of the sun again bathed them. Dunhama said,

”Let us speak of joyous memories. When I lived with my mother at the tavern, I would watch and listen to the musicians and singers. Most if the singing was fairly rough sounding, but the sounds of some of the instruments were magical. I wanted to learn to play some of them...”

Dunhama paused and blushed when he realized he was still holding Athilda’s hand and thought he should probably let go…

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next