Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 11:29 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano had asked around, but in the bustle and bustle of the going ons, no one seemed to know the name Dunham for a certainty. Then, however, as he looked to another he would inquire of he apotted them not far from where he had been this whole time. He had simply missed them in the sea of faces.

He hurried over, Athilda's singing gave him good feelings. She certainly would not be singing if things had gone ill with Dunham. He approached from beside and took a seat at Dunham's feet, nodding a greeting to Athilda. "He is ok, then?"

He glanced at the wounds that seemed to be well tended to. It reminded him of his mother's work.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2017, 12:17 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama sensed someone had come and sat by his feet. He opened his eyes slightly and said,

”Kan, you are here!”

Before closing his eyes again. Athilda sang soft and low, and Dunhama would wait until she was done before asking her about the song.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2017, 7:30 am 
Ent
Ent

A soft, rosy color painted Athildas cheeks at Dunhamas touch;when he kissed the back of her hand, however, she thought that she would die from happiness. As she gazed into his deep eyes, she recognized the spark of joy that shined brightly within him;she smiled kindly at him as she finished the song.
Athilda looked back at Kano and nodded.
"Yes, he is alright. He just needs to rest."
She noticed Kano looked a bit rugged and weary.
"Are you alright?"

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2017, 8:02 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama listened as the last of Athilda's song drifted into silence. He said without opening his eyes,

"Athilda, you and Kan must be really tired. I think they will have some food and a place for you to wash and to sleep, and maybe some clean clothes. For word has it that you Athilda, have the touch, for I heard the Lady Eowyn saying praise of your ability when she looked at my wound."

Dunhama nodded as he drifted into a deep sleep.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2017, 10:15 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda was about to protest, but when Dunhama fell asleep, she thought it best to follow his advice. A blush slowly reddened her cheeks as Dunhama spoke of the praise that Lady Eowyn lavished on her.
She sighed softly as she gently tucked a stray hair behind his ear. She didn't deserve this sort of praise. All she had done was followed her mothers instruction and her own intuition.
After a moment of studying his face, she leaned down and kissed his forehead.
"Sleep well, my friend."
As she pulled away, she saw Dunhama flash a smile; she smiled back, then stood and turned to Kano.
"Shall we go and get some rest? Or something to eat?"

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2017, 6:32 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

"That is good news," Kano said to Athilda's answer.

Then Dunham opened his eyes momentarily and spoke. "Kano, you are here!"

"Yes," Kano answered. "And some men on horseback salvaged the cart and supplies."

He watched the exchange between Athilda and Dunham and soon Dunham was back to sleeping. It was probably for the best. His body was still flushing out toxins from the poison most likely.

When Athilda asked whether he wanted to get something to eat he suddenly realized just how hungry he was. "Yes," he agreed. "Some food would be good." He stood to his feet and glanced around, uncertain where meals might be prepared.

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2017, 7:19 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda heard Kanos' stomach rumble loudly and couldn't help but laugh softly. She smiled at him then picked up the hem of her dress as she began to make her way out of the chamber.
"Here, perhaps we could try the kitchen first. And if we are thrown out, then at least we can ask one of the guards."
Her voice was lighthearted as she spoke, but she hoped that they would not be thrown out, but instead that they would be welcomed.
As they made their way down a set of stairs and through a few doors they finally came to the kitchen, where some sort of stew was boiling on the stove.
Athilda knocked on the frame of the door, and the cook glanced up at them, then motioned for them to come in.
"Here. You look hungry. "
The cook addressed the two and offered them a bowl filled with meat, potatoes and carrots.
"It's not the best I've made, but it will fit the purpose of filling stomachs. Take as much as you'd like."
He told Kano.
The two eagerly accepted the stew, then walked out and found an empty hall with a long table and a bench next to it, so they sat down and began to eat their meal.
After a few bites, Athilda looked up at Kano with a kind expression.
"I wanted to thank you for what you did out there. How you helped those people was amazing. Even while we were being attacked. " She paused as she glanced down at the stew.
"You seem like a very brave young man. I'm sure your mother would be proud of you." She smiled kindly, and hoped that she had not opened a sore wound.

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2017, 7:51 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano followed along and walked into the kitchen cautiously. The cook was welcoming and Kano gladly accepted the stew. He wasn't much concerned with it being the best at this point. He was simply happy to have something warm and filling. They took the food out to a long table and sat down. He was in the middle of eating when Athilda spoke. Kano shrugged, "Everyone did what they could. There is no need to thank me." He took another bite as she mentioned his mother. He sighed and his eyes seemed to wander into a memory for just a moment. "Aye... I suspect she might." He looked back down at his food. "At least..." he trailed off in thought, then shook his head and took another bite. "Has there been any word of an army coming?" he asked after swallowing his bite.

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2017, 8:16 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda glanced down at the stew as a silence grew between them, and not knowing what else to say, she began to eat a potato. After a few bites, Kano began to speak about his mother, and when she glanced up and saw the grief in his eyes, she knew not to press the matter any further.
Before she could continue eating, Kano asked about an army. Athilda shrugged her shoulders and shook her head.
"I am sorry to say that I know nothing, nor have I heard anything. " she paused for a moment as the reality of the situation sank in.
"What do think of all of this? Do you believe there is any hope for Rohan? "

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2017, 9:20 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Ergon, the old cart driver (think the one-eyed old Rohirrim that let loose the early arrow in the movie) was handed a bowl of stew and turned to find somewhere to sit. He saw the two young kids whom he had given a ride on the wheeless cart. He overheard Kan ask if an army was coming. He paused his step and said to him,

”Indeed boy, an army is coming. I only wish it was ours. Word from the wounded coming in from Erkenbrand’s army of the Isen say tens of thousands heavily armed Uruks of the White Hand are coming. And they brought word that the King will be arriving with what remains of his men. He has many wounded with him.”

He paused to take a few spoonfulls of stew before going on.

”All we will have to stand again’ them is whoever can make it here. (going off movie-script here) There was one queer lot of men that arrived though… they are not from Rohan. Walked them up here myself I did. Said they were looking for one of their countrymen named ‘Aragorn’. They were a rough looking sort with rough but proud looking horses. Wore faded grey cloaks with a rayed star brooch… the leader said his name was ‘Halbarad’ and they were Dunedain Rangers of the North. All that meant naught to me, but their hands will be welcome when the siege comes. ”

He ate a few more bites and looked at Athilda and Kan, and said to Athilda,

”There is always hope Missy. No matter how grim it looks, hold to hope until your last breath.”

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2017, 9:32 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Oh my goodness, that last line! Ahh, so good!)

Athilda glanced up as the old soldier who had given them a ride to the fortress stopped next to them. Fear gripped her heart and she shivered involuntarily as the man spoke of the ill tidings that were about to be upon them. She felt as though her chest were being crushed as he mentioned that the King would call on any able bodied man-young and old alike-to take up the sword and fight.
"Forgive, me sire....does that mean that the young will fight alongside the soldiers?"
She glanced at Kano, who merely stared at the table as if lost in his own thoughts.
"Surely there must be another kingdom that can come to our aid in time."

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2017, 10:22 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Ergon finished his stew and sighed. He shook his head and said,

”I know naught of any other Kingdoms coming to our aid. Our hope looked to Gondor, but they have troubles of their own in places called Ithilien and Osgiliath. Wherever these grey-clad men came from, I letthem know that their arrival was glad tidings. There were two others that rode with them. Looked the same they did. Fair looking folk with dark hair and an air of nobility about them. They spoke a fair sounding language to each other, and to this Halbarad. Didn’t understand it myself, but maybe they have sent for some of their kin?”

Ergon turned and started to walk back to the kitchen with his empty bowl. He said,

”Yes, I am afraid that everyone who can will carry a sword, knife, axe, or bow. Even that boy there…”

He pointed at the young boy who had lost his mother on the trek from Edoras. He looked back at Athilda and said,

”And I think all the women as well.”

He was somber for the moment, but soon brought back his lighter demeanor. He said,

”I must get back out there. We have little time to get all the wounded in.”

He bowed to Athilda and then to Kan, and turned and walked away.

Dunhama awoke and sat up. He looked at the girl next to him and smiled. She was sound asleep, but two of the healers talked about her. Dunhama looked at those that were being brought in. He struggled to stand up and steadied himself once to his feet.

”You should rest m’lord”

The girl said as she looked up at him. Dunhama smiled at her and said,

I have rested too long. The room is needed for those who are really hurt. He waved at two who were bringing a man in who was missing his foot. He was helped down to where Dunhama had lay, and he nodded and slowly walked off.

There was raised voices and some cheers, and a voice yelled out,

”Make way for the King!”

King Theoden came riding up. With him was two of the four travelling strangers, and some horsemen. Lady Eowyn ran to him and looked about. She said sadly,

”So few… so few return. Lord Aragorn, where is he?”

“He fell.”

came the grim voice of the dwarf. The elf looked around with deep sadness. The King’s face was hard and cold. Dunhama walked into the crowd gathering and down a hall. Per chance he found his two friends.

”It sounds rather grim from what I have heard.”

Dunhama said from the shadows to Athilda and Kan. He walked out into the torchlight sheathing his axe onto his belt and looking at a sword he was given when he passed the armoury.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2017, 10:33 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano turned sat through the conversation in silence, though as Ergon spoke his face became almost hopeful and pleased. It was such an odd response to the confirmation that he too would be fighting in this war. He finally looked up at Dunham's voice after Ergon had left.

"Are you well enough to be about? Should you not be resting?"

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2017, 10:50 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda listened intently as the old soldier spoke, wondering who these other men were who were coming to King Theoden's aid and if that would suffice the amount of men needed. A breath escaped her lips as the man spoke of the need for all to take arms when the time came. She felt her cheeks flush of all color and warmth as he left. Tears began to make their way down her cheeks as she imagined the young family from the trek bearing arms and facing the enemy.
She shook her head slowly and stared at a distant tile on the floor. Her mind was racing with thoughts, solutions. But she felt as though she were frozen in place. Helpless. Hopeless.
As if in response to her, Dunhamas voice rang out in the hallowed hall. Her eyes met his and for a long while she saw only despair in them.
But he was here. He had recovered!
Though she felt hopelessness begin to seep into her bones, Athilda stood with bated breath as she watched Dunhama inspect his sword.
Athilda wanted to rush into his arms and feel the safety of arms wrap around her, but now was not the time. They both had work to do.
Tears continued to slide down her cheeks as she imagined her friends fight in a battle that they might not even come back from.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 12:09 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama stepped closer looking grim. He nodded at Kan and said,

”Yes, maybe, but there are so many wounded and so little room. I felt I should give my place to someone who was really hurt.”

Dunhama came and sat on the bench between them and said,

”The King and the Riders have returned. A quarter of them fell, and those who didn’t are exhausted and bloodied. The Uruks are not far behind, and are expected to be here in the early morning hours. They say tens of thousands are marching toward us.”

Dunhama took ahold of Athilda’s and Kan’s hand and said,

”Two of the travellers did not return. I think the dwarf said they fell. Lady Eowyn is quite upset. I fear the impending battle will decide whether we live or die. ”

He turned to Kan who was looking down at the stone floor deep in thought. He then turned to Athilda who was also looking down. Dunhama reached his hand out and brushed her hair back and he could see tears running down her cheek. She turned to look at him, her eyes swollen with tears and redness, and his hand gently slid around and brushed her neck and felt her hair. He looked deep into her eyes and said,

”Be strong my love…”

He closed his eyes, not realizing what he had said.

"Come, time is short and we have much to do."

he went on as he stood.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 24th, 2017, 12:42 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano returned the nod and glanced around the hall. It was so empty for there being so many refugees from Edoras. He wondered at Dunham's words, just how many wounded there were. He dare not ask. He decided it was what it was. Now it was the fight before them he must prepare for.

He sat in silence for quite some time as Dunham spoke, then turned to Athilda. After a moment he stood to his feet and took a deep breath. His face seemed to change into that of determination... or perhaps it was a front and he was only trying to convince himself that he was strong enough for this. Either way, he could have fooled those around.

"You should eat," he told Dunham. "There is food in the kitchen." He looked at his two friends for a moment. "I'll find you both before the fighting starts... for now I need to prepare alone." He turned and walked out of the hall and disappeared into the crowds.

Athilda and Dunham lost sight of him, as did the rest of the people. Kano retreated into the far side of Helms deep against the outer wall in a slightly secluded place. There he knelt and opened his pack. On the bottom, covered by everything else was a small wrap of cloth. Kano unwrapped it and inside was paint, several strange looking brier branches, a necklace with a small metal flask of liquid on a sturdy chain, and a red arm band with a strange marking on it. Kano applied the paint to his face in design that seemed like some sort of tribal marking. The brier branches, as uncomfortable as it were, he placed inside his shirt along the back of his arm crossing his shoulder blades. Thorns pricked and prodded at his skin. The hefty chain was fastened around his neck, it's metal flask full and hidden inside his shirt. The arm band he placed on his left arm, sliding it almost up to his shoulder.

Then, for a long time, he simply sat in silence.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 45  Next