Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 5:57 pm 
Ent
Ent

Once Dunhama walked through the doorframe, Athilda was stunned by the simple beauty of the small cabin. There was a large bed that had been made with a fireplace that sat in the wall, opposite of the bed. On the far side of the room was a small table with two chairs and next to the door was another small end table with a candle on it.
Her nerves began to kick in, however as her husband lay her on the soft bed, but as he pushed his hair from his face, she turn over to her side and gazed at him as she trailed her fingers over her collarbone.
Her heart raced and her cheeks blushed as she noticed Dunhamas' reaction, but she didn't look away from him. Instead, she pushed herself up and brought her hand to caress his cheek before she began to kiss him gently on the lips.

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 10:56 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano smiled, glad to know he has not pressed Gaelrin beyond her boundaries.
His countenance faultered, however, as Gaelrin mentioned war. It faltered but it did not fall.

“I owe Rohan much,” Kano told her. “I feel if I am called upon for war it is my duty to answer that call.” A break in his words left a silence through the tent that in his ears seemed deafening. “I don’t know...” he continued finally. “I also feel a duty to you and leaving you would be quite a dismal prospect. I am honored that I can cary you with me in spirit. I trully am... but one’s spirit can be broken.” He hung his head and his expression turned to one of deep turmoil. “I’ve seen it before. All too often.”

Finally he looked to Gaelrin. By her expression he wondered if he might be confusing or even concerning her. He sighed and silenced his ramblings. “If I am called I suppose I will go in spite of my longing for you... but know it will be the hardest decision I’ve ever made.”

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 28th, 2017, 8:55 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Athilda's eyes shimmered with love as she moved to kiss him. Her hand slid around Dunhama's neck and as they kissed, she pulled him to her. Their impassioned kiss made Dunhama feel like he had been set alight, and his hand slid over her side and pressed into the small of her back. As Athilda rolled to her back, Dunhama gasped as he broke the kiss. He breathlessly whispered to her,

”Oh beloved… my desire wishes to tear your dress away from you, here and now and have my way with you. But dear beloved, I hold my passion for you in check for a time. I need to remove this dress uniform.”

Dunhama brushed Athilda’s cheek as he struggled to stand. Athilda sighed as he removed his heavy tunic, Dunhama blushed as he now stood in his light breeches and thin under tunic. He looked at his beloved wife and was embarrassed. But he had managed to not let himself explode in his overwhelming desire. He swallowed as he remembered the wine. Then he sighed again, realizing he had left it in the carriage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Hall simmered in the aftermath of the reception. The servants had some time to eat an drink, and as the skies darkened, the Hall again found it's echo. The Lady Eowyn, Aragorn, and the Dunedain had all gone into the back chamber where the talk was grim. War was coming to Gondor, they all felt it inside. But King Theoden, having suffered already in the battles with Saruman, was loathe to heed Gandalf's counsel. Theoden stood and exclaimed,

"We have celebrated victory over Saruman, and we have celebrated the union of two common Rohirrim. We have not gained our strength to go forth to help Gondor, who I will say, did not lend aid to our strife against the wizard they had set in place long ago. We do not know what the great eye in the east intends. Until we know, Rohan will rest and regain strength"

The silence drifted around the room after the King's words. Aragorn stood, and looking to Eowyn, then to the King of Rohan, he said,

"There is something I must do, and I have tarried too long in this. I beg you King Theoden of Rohan, that I may have a roomwhere I can take counsel and think. My brethren will stand guard, and ere morning, if I am of firm mind and soul, will return to you"

King Theoden stood, and the wizard Gandalf looked down as if a great load had fallen. The King said,

"So you shall have this very room, Aragorn son of Arathorn of the Dunedain. Ere morning, may your counsel be firm and wise."

Theoden then ordered all to leave save those who Aragorn gave leave to stay. When everyone left the room, Aragorn spoke briefly in Sindarin to his Dunedain brethren. He had Halbarad stay with him, with the other Dunedain setting guard outside the room. Aragorn sighed and gave Halbarad a nod. He lifted the Palantir of Orthanc, and uncovered it. Its black sable surface soon flickered as Atagorn turned it, finding the Ithil Stone in Barad Dur.

For those outside the hall, a flickering light could be seen coming from the romm through the night as Aragorn wrestled with Sauron in mind. The war with Mordor had come to Rohan, even if its beginning was only Aragorn, the Heir of Isildur in a battle of thought with Sauron, the red eye of the east.

Last edited by Hanasian on October 28th, 2017, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 28th, 2017, 8:31 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin's eyes danced across Kanos' face as he spoke of the decision that he would surely soon have to make. War was upon them, wether King Theoden liked it or not. Sacrifices would have to be made....but not all sacrifices had to be made alone.
Her brows knit together in a mixture of confusion and curiosity as she listened to Kano speak of broken spirits, then gingerly twined her fingers around his.
"Perhaps distance will make our hearts grow fonder for each other." She paused for a moment as she gazed into his eyes and wondered if she should tell him her plan.
"But...what if we didn't submit to that distance? What if....what if the distance could be just a couple of soldiers between us?"
Her plan was out before she could correct herself; now her secret was revealed. She looked at Kano with curiosity in her eyes, wondering what he would say and hoping he didn't scold her.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Athilda shivered as her husband whispered his desires into her ear, then stole a kiss from him before he stood up and took off his heavy tunic. A soft sigh escaped her lips and she blushed as she gazed upon Dunhama's handsome stature. A long moment passed between them before she recognized his expression.
"Is....is everything alright?"
She asked as she sat up and dangled her feet off the bed.

PostPosted: October 28th, 2017, 8:55 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

When Dunhama heard Athilda's sensuous voice in his ear, he looked at her as she sat up. He smiled and said,

"Yes.... I... I was looking for something to drink, and we have this cool water."

He filled a cup and walked back to her and sat down beside her, offering her the first drink. After a sip, she licked her lips, and Dunhama gulped down a swallow of the cool water. He almost coughed it up though when he felt Athilda's hand upon him. He managed to set the cup on the small table without dropping it, and turned and kissed Athilda as she wrapped her arms about him and lay back, drawing him to her. He rolled them to their sides and his fingers started to methodically work the lacing at the small of her back loose. His desire was burning, but he would be gentle, breaking their kiss, he started kissing along her collarbone just above the gold-adorned sheer neckline.

"Oh Athilda, my dear bride..."

Dunhama managed to say before finding her lips once again...

Grihias walked around Edoras in the rain, and as darkness fell, he found himself entering a tavern. The music was merry and the talk loud, for it was a chance for the people to forget the war and to honour the fallen. Grihias kept his eyes to the floor, and it paid off with him finding a few coins. He walked over to the bar and when the young maid saw him, she asked,

"What are you having young sir?"

"An... an ale?"

He said haltingly, knowing she would call him out for being too young. But with a blink, a foamy flagon was set before him, and he handed her his coins. She returned two of them, and with a knowing wink, she walked away. Grihias took his ale and walked over to the wall beside the stage and sat on a crate. He could see the bard and minstrels well, and he sipped his drink. Nobody paid him any mind.

Last edited by Hanasian on November 9th, 2017, 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 29th, 2017, 7:23 am 
Ent
Ent

The corner of Athilda's lips tilted up into a small smile and she closed her eyes as her husbands lips trailed just above the collar of her dress. A breath escaped her lips and her cheeks burned as she felt her dress start to come undone, and just before their lips met, she muttered three simple words to him.
"I love thee."

PostPosted: October 29th, 2017, 9:05 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama melted in to Athilda in hearing her voice. There were no more words he could say. His eyes poured his love out to her, and he drank heartily the love she poured from hers. As their storm raged, nothing else mattered to him but Athilda. How blessed he was to be married to her, and to be here with her now! When the storm subsided and they were breathless, they silently rested in each other’s arms.

They fell asleep for a time when Dunhama opened his eyes to find his face covered in Athilda’s hair as her head lay upon his chest. He gently caressed her hair and face, and when she stirred, he kissed her. But it had barely passed midnight, for the candle was not much lower than before. He whispered to her,

”Oh my love…”

He paused as Athilda moved, unsure if she was awake. He went on quietly talking anyway.

”We are going to travel my love. We will go see the north and this place the two elf brothers and the lady healer come from… Imladris. Yes, seeing this world with you my love is one of my great desires. But my greatest desire is here and now, just being with you my love.”

He stared at the flickering light on the ceiling and caressed her gently.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 29th, 2017, 2:51 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda had never felt so full of hope and love in all her life, and now, laying in Dunhama's arms, everything was good in the world. Every dream she could dream seemed tangible, especially with her husband by her side.
Athilda's lashes fluttered open as Dunhama kissed her gently on the lips, and she moved her body closer to him and began to draw circles on his collarbone.
"I would follow thee, my lord, throughout the world."
She muttered softly before looking up into his eyes.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2017, 8:39 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano looked at Gaelrin with a quizical brow that soon changed to surprise, then to concern. “I- I would love for your nearness to me in such a time but I would worry dreadfully for your safety.” He took both his hands and enveloped hers with a caring touch. “But the choice is yours. For Rohan, perhaps, this would be a strange thing. For my people, however, I saw many women go off to war.” Kano looked deep into Gaelrin’s eyes. “Too often the women who stayed... or the men, were not waiting for their spouses when and if they returned. Those that went together grew stronger and closer.”

Kano shook his head, feeling he was rambling again. “I guess what I am saying is... though I would wory for you dreadfully, I want you to come.”

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 30th, 2017, 7:04 am 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin wasn't certain what going to the battlefield would look like for her, but she knew that she had to. With Kano's hands around her and his affirming words, she knew that she was making the right choice.
A smile pulled the corners of her lips up and her eyes began to water as she thought of the reasons for wanting to go with him.
"Thank you....for being so kind and supportive of my decision. I...I know that it will be trying and dangerous. But I cannot idly sit back and watch the men of Rohan go off to war while I bear the ability to fight with them. Kano, I would like to learn more about wielding a sword and perhaps a spear. I don't want my....inability to walk hinder me from protecting those I love."
Her eyes widened for a moment as she thought of her brother.
"And please.....you can't tell Grihias. I don't want him to worry."

PostPosted: October 30th, 2017, 7:45 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama closed his eyes as he felt her fingers caressing him. As she looked upon him, he met her loving eyes and said,

"My dear love, I wish you to not follow me, but walk with me by my side."

Athilda looked down to Dunhama's face as he turned to meet her gaze. She smiled as her fingers drifted over him. Nothing was more beautiful to him than Athilda's smile. He said,

"For all my days, I will cherish all the time I have been with you, from the first time I saw you from afar at the Great Hall. And if there was a moment I would have to remember all my days, it is this night with you my dear love."

He slid his arm around her shoulder and drew her down to him, and kissed her long and slow. She slid atop him and returned his kiss with passion. When they paused, he looked up at her face, her hair hanging loose about her shoulders as she lay her palms on his shoulders. Dunhama silently melted as he watched her...

The Great hall was empty, and Railan wandered about, helping herself to the wine. She wished to find the Dunedain men she had danced with, but they were nowhere to be seen. She knew she would have to return to her duties to Lady Eowyn in the morning, so she tried to make this night last. When the servants started to clean and remove the decor, Railan drained her glass and poured another. She sipped it hard as she watched the hall....

She was in love with Dunhama, and has been since she was 15. Why she felt such now, seemed silly, but she never lost the fire inside her for him. She sighed and drained her glass and reached for the bottle to pour herself more. Yes, she was drunk, and she hoped to get more so, but the bottle that was on the table beside her was gone. She looked around and saw the waiter Wulgov standing there with the bottle in hand. He said,

"Lady Railan, it is growing late. Are you ready to retire for the night?"

"No."

she replied,

"I think I will stay up all night long. Can I have a glass of wine sir?"

Wulgov shrugged, and poured Railan more before draining the bottle in his own glass. He said,

"I know the feeling. It is hard when the one you desire is away making love to another, married or not."

Railan looked away and she sipped her glass.

"I...I do not know what you mean, sir."

"Do you not? I watched you earlier. Your eyes were on Dunhama, and when Athilda was near him, you had a whole different look in your face."

Wulgov said as he cleared empty bottles away. Railan was motionless as she looked away into the hall thinking of her dance with Dunhama, and a slight wetness made her eyes glisten. When Wulgov found a nearly full bottle, he stood next to Railan and said,

"We are not much different, you and I.”

“Again, I know not what you mean sir.”

Railan said as she wiped her eyes and turned to face Wulgov. He sipped his wine and lifted his eyebrow. He said,

”Oh, but I think you do. Now, do I have to go and try and figure out what to do about it by myself, or will you join me?”

Wulgov turned and walked toward the door and went outside. Railan stood there and watched him and thought. With one tip, she downed the full wine glass, and walked out the door to find him.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 30th, 2017, 9:30 pm 
Ent
Ent

As she gazed into Dunhama's deep eyes, Athilda felt her heart race and she became breathless. She was completely and utterly in love with this man.
"Husband, I would walk side by side with thee to the ends of the world and beyond."
A smile stretched across her face as she lowered herself onto him, gently resting her head on his shoulder and tilting her chin up to whisper into his ear.
"I am more blessed than any woman to have caught your attention and affection..."
She could feel his heart begin to race underneath hers, and unable to help herself, she began to kiss him under his ear, then down the line of his jaw until she made it to the corner of his lips, where she lingered and spoke softly.
"I love thee, Dunhama of the Mark."

PostPosted: October 31st, 2017, 3:24 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

After the music ended, Grihias sat and watched the people in the tavern milling about. The crowd was lessening, for the rain had tapered back to a thick drizzle and they started to go home. Grihias wandered around the tavern, finding a few dropped coins, when the bar maid stepped in front of him. He looked up at her, and after a moment smiled slightly. She said,

”Do your parents know where you are young soldier?”

Grihias liked hearing her call him a soldier, but he was only in his dress uniform. He shrugged. She asked,

”Do your parents know you are here?”

Again he shrugged. He said after a moment,

”I don’t think they know, for they are dead.”

The bar maid leaned forward and looked closely at him and said,

”So you are an orphan? Who looks after you lad?”

“I don’t need looking after. I look after my sister. She was wounded at Helms Deep.”

Grihias snapped back. The maid studied him with a puzzled look. She asked,

”Where is your sister now?”

“She is… in the encampment. Somebody else was looking after her tonight.”

Grihias said, wondering what Gaelrin was doing. She was probably worried about him. Maybe she was still with Kano? Grihias gave the maid a nod and disappeared into the night.

Approaching the tent he paused outside, hearing Gaelrin and Kano’s voices. He sighed, and turned and went back toward the Great Hall. Maybe he could stay with the guards tonight. But before he got up there, he could hear low talking near the royal stable. He crept up and sat below the rampart listening. He recognized the Dunlanding that scolded him about stealing the halfling’s pipeweed a couple days before, but he did not know the woman’s voice. He tried to see who it was, and only caught sight of a silvery blue dress and blonde hair. He could not hear all of what they were saying, but he heard Dunhama’s name mentioned by the woman. The Dunlanding was harder to hear, but Grihias was sure he heard mention of Athilda. When Wulgov stopped talking suddenly to look in Grihias’s direction, he lay flat on the ground, out of sight. When they started talking again, Grihias slipped away unseen.

Dunhama could barely get the words out as he lost himself in Athilda’s love.

” Lady Athilda, Healer of The Mark! You have healed my emptiness"

He slid his hand along her side and it paused at her hip, then it slowly slid around her and held her close....

~ ~

Not far away, the midnight watch came on to relieve the evening watch. The officer coming on duty asked,

"Do you have anything to report?"

The officer going off duty shook his head and said,

"You are fortunate the rain has for the most part stopped. It's been rather quiet and wet. The only sounds noted was an erratic feint hammering and what sounds like a night bird singing."

"Ah, yes..."

He answered as he smirked and nodded. He looked off in the dark as he heard the sound in the distance building. He said as the relieved guard started to head back to the barracks.

"There was a wedding celebration at the Great Hall. The brunette maid to Lady Eowyn and the kitchen servant of Meduseld married this day. Heard they have a place here in the eastern quarter."

The relieved guard smiled and nodded as he waved.

Last edited by Hanasian on November 9th, 2017, 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 31st, 2017, 5:08 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda smiled as he drew her close, but shivered as his warmth washed over her entire body. She laid her ear on his shoulder and closed her eyes as his heartbeat began to lull her back to sleep. As she relaxed, she let her leg fall between his, then began to lazily draw circles on his arm.

PostPosted: November 1st, 2017, 5:43 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama hummed in bliss at Athilda’s fingers played. His own fingers traced along her shoulder blades and slowly down her spine, lingering at the small of her back where it gently circled around. They were silent as they lay, and it was not long before he felt Athilda breathing deep as she slipped into slumber. She turned her head and her hair covered his face and he breathed her scent in. His fingers slowly settled and his hands lay upon her lower back as he drifted away. Dunhama awoke just enough to reach down and pull the sheet over Athilda to keep her from getting chilled.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 1st, 2017, 8:48 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda smiled as she fell into a deep sleep, for she was perfectly happy here with her new husband. A shiver ran down her spine and she shifted her body until she lay beside him, with her arm laying on his chest and her leg loosely over his.
"I...love you...my husband."
She whispered as she felt him lift a bed sheet over them to keep the cold at bay.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 45  Next