Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: March 5th, 2017, 3:50 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama saw Kan rode his horse up to the courtyard across the way and was glad he was up and getting around! The horse made that easily possible. He waved at him and started walking across the courtyard. Fortunately they were bringing some of the Dunlanding prisoners down into a chamber inside so they didn't freeze to death on this clear cool night, and there were some open space there now.

Wulgov gave a smile to Athilda as he watched her blush, and said to her,

"I mean every word Lady of Rohan. One can see your kind, caring compassionate heart, and your skill as a healer are, at least it seems to my people, magical. Blessed will be he..."

"Athilda?"

Dunhama was walking by and saw her looking at the Dunlanding's leg in the dim twilight and paused. He looked over to Kano and waved him over to where he stood as Athilda looked up at him.

Wulgov looked up at Dunhama, and he was fairly sure now that he was the young boy he last saw at his brothers cabin. He smiled slightly at him, for he told him the lady's name. He said to Dunhama,

"Hello boy. You cleaned up quite well."

"You know me Dunlanding?"

Dunhama countered. Wulgov nodded and said,

"Yes. We fought, and I helped carry you in here from the field."

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 5th, 2017, 7:06 am 
Ent
Ent

As this man spoke, Athilda felt herself being drawn in by his kind words despite her heart belonging to Dunhama. Before he finished, Athilda drew breath to protest, but a voice she recognized immediately sounded from above and behind her.
Upon hearing Dunhama speak her name, Athilda turned to gaze upon his face. Not a moment passed before the spell that the Dunlanding cast upon her fell, for she stood up and gently touched the inside of his palms with her fingertips.
As she stood next to him, she glanced down at the Dunlanding with trepidation.
How could she have fallen for this mans kind words?
Her cheeks flushed from embarrassment and she turned into Dunhamas embrace.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2017, 7:46 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama gathered Athilda to him and held her tight as she leaned into him and buried her face into his shoulder. His hand ran up the back of her head and his fingers entwined with her hair. But he did not take his eyes off the Dunlanding, and they burned into him. He could see the careful bandaging on his leg, and as much as Dunhama wanted to step on it and grind his boot down hard on it, he instead took a deep breath of Athilda's scent and the thought was driven away. Wulgov smiled and nodded and said,

"You are a fortunate man Dunhama of Enedwaith.

Dunhama burned. Athilda looked back at Wulgov then to Dunhama and she saw the fire in his eyes. Kano came up to them about then and watched silently. Dunhama said,

"I am Dunhama of Edoras!"

"Sure you are, from age 2. But I knew your mother before she left for Edoras."

Dunhama steamed and went to move against Wulgov, but Athilda restrained him. Dunhama said,

"You lie Dunlanding! You say naught about my mother!"

Wulgov looked away and shrugged.

"As you wish..."

Athilda pushed Dunhama back away from Wulgov until they stood next to Kano and his horse. The peace Dunhama found in the caves had faded, but the hands of Athilda upon him, calmed him, and he now held close to her..

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 5th, 2017, 8:09 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda closed her eyes as Dunhama wrapped an arm about her, then smiled as he ran his fingers through her hair. Her smile soon faded as the Dunlanding addressed him and as she glanced between the two, she saw a fire light up within him, seemingly burning him from the inside.
As the Dunlanding spoke of his mother, Athilda gaped, but was able to restrain Dunhama and gently lead him back to where Kano and his horse stood.
Athilda held onto Dunhama as he pulled her into an embrace, and with her face buried in his chest, silent tears fell from her cheeks.
"I'm sorry, Dunhama... I'm sorry..."

PostPosted: March 5th, 2017, 8:19 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

"Be not sorry my love, the Dunlanding knows not what he says."

Dunhama brushed Athilda's face with his hand and kissed her brow, and then, holding her close, he took her lips to his and drank deeply, letting himself go and not caring who was there or what was said.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 5th, 2017, 8:47 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda closed her eyes as she felt the warmth of Dunhamas hand gently sweep across her face. Guilt caused her to furrow her brows as she felt his lips meet hers. As they kissed, all thoughts and feelings of the Dunlanding left her, and so she was able to kiss him without regard to anyone or anything. For now all she cared about was being tenderly held by the man she loved.
She felt him start to draw back, but she didn't want it to end, so she boldly wrapped her arms about his shoulders and carefully ran her hand through his hair and she kissed him.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2017, 12:18 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano, who had only heard half the conversation listened intently. Was this man saying Dunham was.. Dunlanding? He glanced at the man who eyed him as well and he felt unsettled under the man's gaze for he may very well recognize his tribal markings. Did he have any left after the battle? His arm band was secured under his armor and then... he realized... his armor was not on any more. He glanced at his armband and the emblem was concealed in blood.

Kano glanced over to Dunham and Athilda. "Perhaps we should go?" He glanced back to the wounded Dunlanding.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 5th, 2017, 10:01 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

For those moments, Dunhama lost himself in Athilda. As if the wall that had held him back as their feelings built had blown apart like the Deeping Wall did. When their lips finally let each other’s go, Dunhama held Athida close and he brushed her ear through her hair and whispered as he let out a breath,

”Ever my Love…”

Dunhama closed his eyes and for that moment he was the happiest he had ever been. His hand on her back gently traced the line of her shoulder blade, and he let out a sigh, he said with hesitation as that moment was passing,

”Yes… Kan is right… we should go. It looks like these prisoners are being brought inside now. Do you need to stay and tend to them Athilda?”

Still holding each other, they turned and looked each other in the eyes.

Wulgov worked at standing up, and he paused and looked at Kano warily before he said to Dunhama,

”You have an angel there boy. Take care of her for me, eh.”

He turned and limped off to with the other prisoners to go where they were being taken. Dunhama steamed at his words, but was not going to let the Dunlanding get under his skin again. He just stood there looking into Athilda’s eyes.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 5th, 2017, 10:44 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda closed her eyes and bit her lip as Dunhama whispered those three words into her ear; she felt safe and full of bliss whenever she was in his arms, and now that he had her, she would never let any man get in the way.
"Dunhama..."
She took in a breath and blushed as she felt his hand tenderly trace her shoulder blade, but she did not turn away from him. She merely caressed his stubbly cheek with her hand and moved the hair from his face, then she spoke with sudden weariness.
"No, I do not think I would be able to help these....men....if I were to stay, for I am weary and in need of rest."
She blinked to fight the weariness that threatened to collapse her on the spot.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2017, 10:52 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano nodded to Dunham's agreement but gave Wulgov a hard look as he limped away. Once Wulgov and the rest of the prisoners had moved out of sight and inside he turned back to the two beside him.

"It seems we all could use some rest," he said looking down from his horse. "Perhaps Dunham's earlier suggestion of finding a place to rest and talk would be wise council right about now."

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 5th, 2017, 11:59 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama held Athilda as she leaned into him. The exhaustion of the day was catching up to them all. No thought had been given to where they would rest for the night. Surely there would be quarters for them and a place to clean up. They would have to go look for somewhere. Dunhama said,

”Yes, rest is desired, and we all will find it. There is a chamber farther back in the keep that it appeared was being prepared for people to sleep. I walked through there earlier, when I found a most wondrous place. Maybe we can find some place there to lay our heads?”

With the Dunlandings treated and moved, it became quiet on the courtyard.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 12:31 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda looked up into his eyes and nodded.
"Aye, that would be wonderful. I do believe it would help us recover our strength for the coming days."
She couldn't help but smile at the feeling which grew within her as she gazed into his eyes. She loved him.
As she turned and pulled away from him she shivered, but quickly wrapped the blanket around her and walked back into the inner chambers of the keep.
"Will you lead us?"

PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 3:28 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

"I will take you there."

Dunhama said as he looked around the inner chamber. It appeared many of the wounded had managed to leave. Only the seriously wounded remained. He noticed that the girl who had broken her ankle was there sitting against the wall. Her brother the young boy sat beside her, and they were both crying. It was then Dunhama remembered their father, who he had stood with on the wall before the attack. He was one of the first to fall. With the loss of their mother on the road from Edoras, these children were now orphaned, and the girl was crippled for life. Dunhama swallowed as he watched them. he turned and looked at Athilda and said,

"Those two... a happy family in Edoras days ago, are now orphans of Helms Deep. So much loss..."

He gathered himself and turned. he said,

"Yes... follow me."

He took Athilda's hand, and Kan followed behind on his horse. When they came to the last chamber, there were bedrolls along the walls. half had been taken. Dunhama saw that the ones across the way to the opening that led to the Glittering Caves were not taken. They walked over to them, and Dunhama nodded.

"Will these be all right for us?"

Dunhama asked a woman who seemed like was in charge who came up to him. She looked at them and said,

"Yes, you can stay here. But would not the lady be more comfortable staying in the quarters of Lady Eowyn? Royalty, their direct servants, and their guests, are staying in the high chamber up those stairs."

She pointed to another archway Dunhama had not noticed before when he came through. She eyed Athilda, who she recognized despite the dried mud and tattered dress she wore, but didn't wait long. She said,

"You can clean in there if you wish."

She eyed Dunhama and Kan before she left.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 10:21 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda's heart broke upon seeing the brother and sister sit against the wall and mourn for their lost parents. She wanted to do something to help them. She had to. It was her duty. Before she could approach them though, Athilda was being tugged by Dunhama into a chamber which was filled halfway with people asleep.
Athilda shook her head as the woman suggested that she go up to the Lady Eowyn's chambers, all for the sake of comfort. She sighed then turned and ran after her.
"I beg your pardon..." She reached out and touched the woman on the arm. The woman turned to face her and she dipped her head respectfully then told her of the two children and asked if they could take her place in the Lady's chambers.
The woman paused for a moment before answering.
"Aye, I will see to it."
"Thank you." Athilda spoke softly, then turned and walked back to where Dunhama and Kano stood.
"We shall stay here for the time being."

PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 3:35 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama watched as Athilda talked with the woman, and when she came back, she smiled slightly. Dunhama wasn't sure what she had said to her as they sat down on the end bedrolls, bur when he saw The woman and another man helping the two children in and up the stairs. Dunhama caught eyes with both the boy and the young lady as she was carried. He looked back at Athilda with with deep love in his eyes. He then knew what she gave up. He said,

"You are such a wonderful, caring soul dear Athilda!"

And he reached for her hand and brought it to his lips and kissed it. He them reached to her hair and pulled a stray twig that was entangled in it. He whispered in a low voice to her,

"If we weren't so tired, I would love to take you to this beautiful and amazing place I found."

Dunhama yawned, but remembered how the water sof the cave seemed to re-invigorate him.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 3:58 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda blushed as Dunhama spoke but when his lips touched the back of her hand, she had to catch her breath. Once she was able to speak again, she whispered sweetly to him.
"Perhaps after we rest you can take me." She then placed her hands on his chest and leaned against him then lifted her face and spoke softly.
"It will be our first travel destination together."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 45  Next