Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale...TTT RPG
PostPosted: February 20th, 2017, 11:47 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda kept her eyes on the ground ahead of them to hide a blush that began to rise to her cheeks.
"I only did what any woman would do with a child in need."
After a moment passed, she blushed further when she thought she felt his touch on the small of her back.
"It's a good thing, then that I have some knowledge of healing herbs."
She smiled as she looked into his eyes.

PostPosted: February 20th, 2017, 6:22 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano hurried along, still carying some supplies. After their brief stop he felt refreshed and ready to go. The footsoldiers answer gave hope, but not the distance Kano hoped for... much more distance remained. He knew that an army would be somewhere behind the wargs. How long until they arrived, there was no way of knowing.

Kano caught back up to Dunham and Athilda, glad to see they both seemed alright. Dunham did have a rather painful looking injury on his forehead and a cut from something on his arm.

"Are you both alright?" He asked upon approaching. "You look a little worse for wear Dunham."

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: February 20th, 2017, 8:17 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama could not seem to stop looking into Athilda’s eyes. He seemed to lose his thoughts and himself in them. He smiled and siad,

”Knowledge of herbs is good. My mother knew many of the basic herbs. I wish I hadn’t lost the herbs I had brought. They were mostly for cooking, but some were used for healing.”

Kano asked if they were alright as he caught up to them. Dunhama rubbed his head and said to him,

”It does hurt, and I seem to get slightly dizzy at times. But that may be…. I think I will be all right until we get to the fortress.”

With that, his hearing seemed to change and everything sounded far away…. their feet taking steps…. voices …. Dunhama blinked and shook his head as they walked.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 20th, 2017, 9:27 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda smiled with compassion as Dunhama spoke fondly of his mother. She rested her hand reassuringly on his arm.
"It's alright. I'm sure there will be some extra herbs on hand at the fortress."
Her smile faded as she saw Dunhama being to waver.
"Dunhama? Are you alright?"
She glanced up at the footmen ahead of her, then looked back up at him.
"Do you need to stop and rest?"

PostPosted: February 20th, 2017, 11:15 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama felt Athilda put her hand on his arm and he leaned toward her.

”No… no… we must keep moving…. Must get to….”

He took a few more steps before his knees buckled and he rolled to the ground. Laying on his back, he stared up at the grey clouds that had overtaken the westering sun threatening rain. Though the breeze was chill, Dunhama was sweating.

”Maybe I will rest here just for a little while….”

He took a breath and closed his eyes even as the first drops of rain started to fall.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 12:28 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano hurried over as Dunham fell. "He shouldn't be in the rain if he is not well..." he glanced around. There was little else but he took off his traveling coat and drapped it over Dunham. "We can't afford to stay here long."

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 3:12 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama heard the echoes of voices. Kano and Athilda were talking. Raising his arm and letting it fall, Dunhama said,

"No... No... let me lie here. The rain feels cool... so cool...."

The sound of thunder could be heard approaching and the rain drops got bigger and started to fall harder.

"I'll be all right... you go... get to safety.... get dry...."

Dunhama opened his mouth and started drinking all the raindrops that he could. Dunhama didn't know it, but the arrow that cut his arm had some evil poison on its tip. He thought the fin was what cut him, but the head broke his skin and the fin cut it more. He only was infected with a small amount. He started talking deliriously....

"I'm sorry Kano....... Athil.... thilda.... "

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 8:45 am 
Ent
Ent

Athildas brows creased together in concern as Dunhama spoke, then gapsed as he collapsed onto his knees.
"Dunhama!"
She yelled, her voice frantic as he rolled onto his back.
"Kano, something is very, very wrong with him." Athilda said as Kano dropped down to his side.
"I fear to think that it is more than just an infection with a fever." By this point, Athilda was already kneeling down next to Dunhama, but on the opposite side of Kano.
She lay a gentle hand a top his forehead and cringed at his temperature. She shook her head as Dunhama urged them to leave for safety.
"We're not going anywhere, Dunhama. Kano and I will take care of you."
A small smile appeared on her face, but it didn't reach her eyes this time. She was too worried about what was happening to him. When she looked at him closing his eyes, she shook her head and placed a hand on his cheek.
"No, no, no...Dunhama, don't go to sleep! Stay awake, my friend!"
She noticed that he was beginning to slip away, so she patted him on the cheek and shook him.
"Dunhama! You must stay awake! I know it's hard and I know you're tired, but you have to wake up."
She looked up at Kano.
"We have to get the wound on his arm cleaned from any dirt or...from anything that could have been the cause of this."

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 6:16 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama fell into dreams and visions ... he opened an eye slightly and saw Athilda looking down at him wiping his head wound. Her hair hung in wet strands around her face and dangled toward him, dripping cool drops onto his face. Dunhama smiled and closed his eye, falling into intense visions....

....there was death and destruction as the Great Hall of Meduseld burned. Athilda and Eowyn were in chains being dragged away by a Dunlanding, and Kano lay dead next to him. Dunhama tried to reach him, but he felt burning in his arm. He looked and the fire had reached him. He looked again to Athilda as she faded into the black of night, and the flames claimed him and he fell, burning....'

To Kano and Athilda, Dunhama was laying in the grass, his body jumping now and again and he mumbled incoherent words. His thumb kept rubbing two of his fingers as if he was feeling something... and he soon lay still.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 6:37 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano nodded to Athilda and found some medical supplies among the few satchels he carried. "These are all I have." He handed the supplies to Athilda. He wished now he had stuck with his mother's teachings of healing instead of his father's teachings of the sword. One parent who killed for a living and another who healed. It often had left him quite conflicted as a young child. Sadly, his healing skills were very limited.

As Athilda cleaned his qounds the last of the common folk passed them by. Every one had heavy loads, was injured themselves, or had their own injured to look after. Kano tried to find someone who could help move Dunham, but it was no use.

"I can't find any help," Kano told Athilda. "After you are done I will have to cary him as far as I can. Maybe by the time I give out the horsemen will be done with their battle and find us along the way .I'm sure, then, they would be able to take him on a horse."

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 6:44 pm 
Ent
Ent

Though soaked to the bone and freezing, Athilda worked quickly to clean Dunhamas wounds. Once she stopped the bleeding on his forehead, she began to work on the wound on his arm. As she cleaned it, she noticed a sticky green substance clinging- like moss does to a rock-to the outside of his wound.
"What?....I....I've never seen this before...."
She said as she glanced up at Kano, hoping that her uncertainty would prompt him.
Panic began to set in as she watched Dunhama flinch and speak in his state of unconsciousness. It was then that she knew that she had to work quickly if they were to save him.
Full of intense determination, Athilda ripped off a piece of clean cloth then uncorked the water pouch and poured the water gently on the wound. She then took the cloth and gingerly wiped away the poison and blood, both from inside and surrounding the wound.
She furrowed her brows in guilt as she saw Dunhama cringe while she was cleaning his wound. Once she finished wiping the blood and poison away, she poured more water on his wound then wrapped it in another soaked cloth.
A cold wind blew up the crest of the hill, causing Athilda to shiver and her teeth to chatter. Though she was cold, all she could think about was Dunhamas safety.
As she looked down at him, she noticed his fingers moving as if they were....feeling something....it was then that a small smile appeared on her face as she reached down with one hand cradling his cheek, and the other entwining her fingers loosely through his.
"

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 7:13 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano looked at the green sticky stuff and scowled. "I have... It's poison." He looked around once more, as if to try and find some last hope for help. "We need to get him to a healer with proper supplies as soon as possible. There is no telling how much is already in his system."

Kano let Athilda clean the wounds and once she was finished he grabbed Dunham's arm and lifted it over his shoulder. "I'll carry him as far as I can."

He lifted Dunham up and started off walking a ways behind the end of the line of people ahead of them.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 7:42 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama swam about in the visions. The feel of her hand was cool and damp... but warmth came from it into him....a hand of a healer. His mother had healing hands...

Dunhama spun about and seemed to fall into delirium again, He was captured and hung by his feet, swinging slowly.... He started to awaken and he opened his eyes. He saw the ground moving, with the back of boots taking steps. He lifted his head and squinted. He was being carried. Athilda came up to him and walked along with Kano, looking at him with heavy concern. Dunhama could see the sleeve of her tunic had bee torn, and the remnants stuck fast to her wet shoulder. Dunhama tried to say something, but the bouncing of each step Kano took kept taking his breath away. His mouth just opened and closed, and he again closed his eyes. At least the visions had faded to a vague shadow, and he drifted off to a warm grassy field beside the river...

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 8:08 pm 
Ent
Ent

A surge of worry and panic swept over her as Kano validated what she had hoped wasn't true. Poison. Athilda shuddered then stood up and quickly matched pace with Kano.
As they walked behind the large crowd of injured and frightened people, she couldn't help but feel that all hope was lost.
They wouldn't make it.....Dunhama wouldn't make it in time.
"No..."
The words escaped her lips as a quiet whisper and she looked over at her friends, then gently lifted Dunhamas' wounded arm and wrapped it around her shoulder. Although she struggled to keep up the pace while carrying his weight, Athilda pressed on.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 8:24 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano kept on as long as he was able, legs and other muscles beginning to burn. Finally he said, through huffs of air. "I've got... to take a rest... Just for a short bit." He knew Athilda must be getting tired as well from helping carry Dunham along.

He set Dunham down gently and breathed hard, sitting on a rock for a moment. He looked back behind them, praying that the riders would be coming from the fight soon. The people in front of them had continued to further the distance between them and Kano, Athilda, and Dunham. They walked decidedly faster than Kano and Athilda were able to carry Dunham.

Kano knew they could not rest long, so he took only a few minutes. Then, as if an answer to prayer, just as he was picking Dunham up again he saw on the far horizon the horses and riders returning from the battle... or the ones that were left at least. There seemed so few. None the less, Kano pressed on with Dunham. It would be a little while before the horsemen caught up and he wanted to get Dunham as far as possible in that time.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 8:30 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama felt Kano let him slide off his back as he paused to catch his breath. He leaned onto Kano, and Athilda came up upon his other side and Dunhama leaned the other way. They began to step slowly, with Dunhama trying to take steps with them. He mostly dragged his feet. Finally Kano needed a rest and they stopped. As Athilda and Kano helped Dunhama up and started off again, the both both paused as the sound of a horse approached from behind. It had a bloodied rider leading it, and it dragged a heavy travois. Two seriously wounded soldiers lay on it, but the rider called to Kano and Athilda...

"There is room, and she can carry one, maybe two more. Lay him between these men!"

The rider patted his horse, and she seemed eager to carry more. They caught a break! Athilda and Kano helped Dunhama to the travois and he lay down between the two wounded horsemen. Athilda brushed Dunhama's hair from his face and the rider kicked his horse forward. Athilda and Kano watched as the travois dragged two lines through the turf. Dunhama saw them grow smaller in the distance...

"'til we meet again my friends..."

He mumbled and closed his eyes. Dunhama fell into an uneasy sleep as he listened to the horse's feet and the sound of the logs drag. He was calmer now, and knew that the triage Althilda did with him, likely saved his life. But too fast things happen, and now he could not thank her. He hoped he would see her again...

Kano and Athilda silently started walking, following the marks in the turf as the rain slowed and skies lightened to a less somber grey.

(cross-posted with you JAx, but it all fit well and only required a couple lines of editing...)

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 45  Next