Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: April 7th, 2017, 1:26 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano went tonlay down for the night after leaving the healers tent. It had been a long day and the hope of returning to Edoras waited in the morning.

He lay down and thanks to the healer's mending slept soundly for the first time since the battle.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: April 7th, 2017, 6:45 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Wulgov enjoyed the sound of Athilda's voice.... just as he enjoyed the sound of Hilthia's voice. He wondered of she went by that name when she came to Edoras with Dunhama. Maybe when they meet and talk again he will be able to ask him of her. He said to Athilda as she again looked at where his other wounds were,

"I know that the Rohirrim, and you especially, have little cause to believe my words. My betrayal of you was more grievous than it seemed at the time. I will be sincere with the king, and with you m'lady. Even should the truth be a hard truth."

Wulgov winced as he moved, his ribs pained from one of the fights he had in the Dunlanding camp. He closed his eyes and kept his breathing steady.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 7th, 2017, 9:46 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda glanced up from her gaze on his lesser wounds when she noticed him grimace in pain. She stopped her hand from touching the wound on his arm, as she thought that the reason for his grimace.
"Did I hurt you when I was cleaning this wound?"

PostPosted: April 7th, 2017, 10:28 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

"No... no, it was my ribs. They will heal. What should I do with my leg? It seems to not be getting better. I don't want to lose it."

Wulgov moved a bit to get comfortable. He asked Athilda,

"Maybe some of that Elven witch magic might help me? Maybe a good soak? I promise you Lady Athilda, I will not do anything to aggravate it again."

He looked at her hair as she looked at his leg again.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 7th, 2017, 10:52 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda furrowed her brows in concern and was about to ask him if his torso needed inspecting when he reassured her not to worry. A small sigh escaped her lips as she listened to Wulgov rattle off.
"Sir, it has only been a mere hour since I've restitched your leg and bandaged it. You cannot expect it to heal very quickly."
She looked up at him and caught him looking at her hair. She blinked and began to look away, but something about him drew her in. Was it his eyes?
She blinked then let out a nervous breath before adding on some reassuring words.
"I promise you, sir Wulgov, that I will not allow anything to happen to you leg. You need only to follow my instructions and rest."
She smiled awkwardly and nodded, then quickly averted his gaze and picked up a bottle of mashed up herbs in oil. Once she opened the bottle, she began to unwrap his bandage, then once she peeled the last layer off, she poured a small amount of the herbed liquid onto the closed wound.
He moved ever-so-slightly, but Athilda worked quickly and gave him a fresh bandage, but this time, she didn't tie it off quite so tightly.
"There. The herbs will help to fight off any infection, and the oil will help the scar to be less prominent."
She looked up at him again as she cleaned herself up.
"Now all you can do is rest. I will be back in the early morning to reapply the herbs and oil and refresh your bandage. Goodnight."
Athilda dipped her head and stood up-with her arms full- and walked out of the healing chamber and back into the far chamber where she thought Dunhama might be. As she walked in, she saw Dunhama sleeping peacefully and the thought made her smile. He had been worn thin today, what with his training and the news about his past. He needed rest.
After setting down her medical supplies, Athilda removed the belt from around her waist, untied her hair and lay down next to him. As she looked at him, she rested her hand on his chest, closed her eyes, and fell fast asleep.

PostPosted: April 8th, 2017, 9:48 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Wulgov lay there staring at the ceiling. The two guards were not going anywhere. He closed his eyes and was thankful to be able to sleep without fear of dying. He would look forward to seeing Athilda again.

Dunhama felt warmth come to him. It was still dark and quiet when he opened an eye. Athilda lay beside him and had her head resting on his shoulder. Dunhama smiled and mumbled sleepily...

"Athilda..."

As if she heard him, she picked her head up and turned and lay back down. Dunhama rolled to his side and rested against her as he draped his arm over her side and buried his face into her hair. He was soon again fast asleep. The next day would come too soon, and they had much to do.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 8th, 2017, 4:49 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda woke the next morning to the sound of shoes hitting the stone floor, and when she opened her eyes, she saw the hem of the Lady's dress barely hitting the floor. Her eyelids shot open as she remembered what the day was going to hold. She immediately stood up and dipped her head.
"My Lady. Forgive me, has the morning passed?"
She held hope that it was not true, but she feared that it had.
"On the contrary, Athilda. The sun has just risen above the horizon."
Athilda let out a breath then looked up at the Lady, who smiled back at her.
"I know that you are tending to the prisoner, but after you do, I will need you to ration the medical supplies amongst the other healers. Then I would like for you to tend to the women and children. Tend to their wounds, as well as help them prepare for the long journey back to Edoras."
Athilda dipped her head and uttered a quiet thanks. Once the Lady left, Athilda turned back to Dunhama and gently laid a hand on his arm.
"Dunhama, my love?"
He stirred, then opened his eyes wearily after a few moments. As she gazed into his eyes, she smiled and pushed a piece of his hair from his face.
"I must go and attend my duties. Where will I be able to find you after I am finished?"

PostPosted: April 8th, 2017, 7:07 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama sat up and rubbed Athilda's back as he blinked. He had heard some of what Lady Eowyn said but his mind was still wrapped in the embrace of Athilda's scent about him. He said as he stretched his stiff muscles. He stood and took Athilda's hands and she stood before him. He said,

"My Love, I am going to go down to the training ground and have a morning work out with the Westmarch troop. Many of them will be staying here and will set out to the villages of the Westfold and help rebuild that which had been sacked. A few of us will transfer to the King's Guard. I will find out where I'm assigned this morning. I will then be at the muster of the caravan. You will be able to find me there if I can't find you after I'm done training."

He gave Athilda a kiss as she prepared to go to her duties. Ash she started to walk away, Dunhama said,

Please look to those two orphans. They are now wards of the king, but my heart feels for them, having seen their mother and father killed."

Athilda paused and smiled as she gave Dunhama a nod. He then set off to the training ground.

When he got to the armoury, the gruff training officer was there. He said,

"I'm glad you could make it Dunhama. I have been informed that you will not be staying with our Westmarch army. That said, I would like to spar with you one last time. Straight in, no warmup. Don the light traveling leather armour and you will be ready for the travel. Until you reach Edoras, you will represent the Westmarch, so you will look the part."

"Yes sir. It will be good to spar."

Dunhama said as he went to get ready. He went out to the training ground with his sword and he and the officer started in cold. Dunhama remembered his one day of training well, and through this he learned a few more moves. After the rising sun found its way to the edge of the training ground, they finished. The rest of the troop was arriving by then, and the officer said to him,

"You have done well Dunhama of the Breach. You will be missed, but I fear we all will meet again ere too long has passed."

They embraced each other's arms in comradrie and Dunhama went and talked to many of the others. Of all of them, only Dunhama and two others would be going to Edoras. After the talk and farewells were said, the troop was called to alert and set off to train. Dunhama watched them go to the other side of the training ground and even though he had only known then for two days, he felt like he was leaving family. He sighed and turned to go prepare for the trek.

When he turned around and started to walk to the door to the arena, out stepped a young boy dressed in leather armour that matched his. It was the orphan. He stood with his small sword in hand and looked at Dunhama. Dunhama came up to him and squatted. He said,

"Hello again. What is your name?"

Dunhama asked. The boy did not say anything. Dunhama looked at his sword and said to him,

"You are going to be a big and strong soldier of the Mark just as your father was. I didn't know him very well, but I fought with him on the wall. He was courageous and fell with honour. C'mon, let us practice with our swords!"

The boy understood and they set to moving about and tapping swords. Dunhama was not much of a teacher, but the boy seemed to not know that. After a time, the boy finally said,

"Grihias."

They tapped back and forth, then Dunhama turned the boy's sword and he lost grip. Dunhama knelt down and picked it up and handed it back to him as he said,

"Pleased to know you Grihias! I am Dunhama."Grihias smiled slightly. It was the first word he had heard the boy speak since his mother was killed. Also the first sense of emotion with his slight smile. Dunhama sheathed his sword and the boy did likewise. Dunhama said to him,

"Come, we have much to do to get ready to go to Edoras."

The two walked in the arena gate and into the shadows. Dunhama thought of looking for Athilda, and he asked Grihias,

"Where is your sister resting? Let us go see her."

Dunhama thought he had a good chance of finding Athilda tending to her, but if not, he would find her eventually.

(OOC: Wow... that was long.)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 9th, 2017, 4:51 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

(Hehe must have been at work huh? :p )

Kano woke late that morning and it wasn't the hustle and bustle of those around him as one would expect. Sage had apparently grown tired of waiting on his rider. He had made his way through the narrow hallway and into the quartyard where some of the refugees slept and began to nuzzle Kano and lick gently on his face and nibble on his blanket.

"Wha... Sage?" Kano sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Hey boy. Getting impatient?" He pat the horse on the neck and Sage held still for Kano to use his neck to help him stand. Kano was surprised when he stood. He could already feel an improvement in his feet and legs. It seemed the healer had done much good after all.

It seemed that people were preparing for the long trip back to Edoras. Eomer had promised to see Kano after the wedding of Dunham and Athilda to evaluate him for entrance into the cavelry. Kano had been trying to heal and re-gain his ability tonwalk as much as possible but had been working even harder on his sword play and archery skills from horseback.

Kano had little to get ready. All he owned was in the small knapsack beside his bedroll. He rolled up his blankets and tied up his knapsack, tying them both to Sage's saddle and hoisting himself onto the horse.

PostPosted: April 9th, 2017, 9:28 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda smiled at Dunhama as he mentioned seeking out and tending to the orphans that had lost their father. Ever since she had met Dunhama, she could sense his kindheartedness and generosity, even though he had little. These were two of the many qualities that she fell in love with.
"Of course."
She then turned to leave, but before she disappeared down the hall, she glanced back at her soon to be husband and dipped her head.
"I love you, Dunhama. I'll see you soon."
She smiled widely as she saw his eyes light up as she spoke to him, then she left down the hall.
After a few minutes of brisk walking, Athilda entered the chamber where the medical supplies was stored and began to organize and ration everything. After she finished her task, she then went out to each healer and supplied them with everything they needed, then she set out to tend to those who needed further tending.
Athilda had tended to many of the wounded and elderly before she was able to take a break and go find the girl with the broken ankles. After only a few minutes of searching, she found the girl lying down on a cot with her hands fidgeting with the frayed hem of her sleeve. As she approached the girl, she saw in her eyes the deep sorrow and lonliness that she felt. Athilda's heart ached for this girl. She longed to help her and her brother.
"Young miss?"
The girl barely glanced her way, but she continued as she knelt down next to her cot.
"I am a healer. Might I take a look at your ankles?"
The girl took in a ragged breath and she saw tears well up in her eyes. Athilda glanced down. She shouldn't have brought up her ankles.
"Forgive me, miss. I should not have brought up such a subject. Would you like some tea?"
The girl batted her eyelashes and nodded quickly, then muttered a barely incoherent 'yes'.
"Of course. I will go and fetch the tea..."
She then noticed the girl look up at her with a pleading in her eyes.
"...No...I will call someone to go get it. And I will stay with you, miss."
Athilda smiled then turned and called in a maid who was walking past the door. Upon requesting tea, the maid nodded, smiled at the girl and left.

PostPosted: April 11th, 2017, 7:23 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama walked with the silent Grihias who seemed to step proudly. He knew where his sister would be, and there sitting beside her was his love Athilda.

"My Love, How is this fair lady doing?"

He asked as he and Grihias sat down by them. She looked at Dunhama and he thought he saw a slight smile come to her face. Dunhama asked,

"What is you name miss? I can't remember if I asked when we were next to each other in the healing chamber."

She looked up at him and said,

"Gaelrin."

Dunhama smiled and said,

”How old are you Gaelrin? And you Grihias?”

“I’m 15 and my brother is 10. He hasn’t said a word since mother was killed.”

Dunhama looked to Grihias and nodded. He then looked to Athilda before looking back to Gaelrin, and said,

”Well Grihias and Gaelrin, you both I understand are now wards of the King, so there will be the best care given and you will be transported to Edoras in some comfort.”

Dunhama leaned to Athilda and asked her to come away with him for a moment. He whispered to her after they were several paces away.

”That left leg of Gaelrin’s looks like it will recover, but that right leg…. and this is after the elven healer had tended to her? What do you think my love? Will she be able to walk again?”

They looked over at her in silence …

(OOC: No, it was Sunday. Yesterday I drew blanks when I tried to write. Today, much better.)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 11th, 2017, 6:45 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda could sense the heartache these two siblings shared, but she knew that with love and care from a community, these two could again begin to live.
A sigh escaped her lips as she thought heavily on this, but when Dunhama pulled her aside, she blinked in uncertaintity.
"I....I'm not sure..."
She muttered, then glanced back at Gaelrin, who looked at her with a mix of despair and hope.
"But....I believe that with time and care, you will be able to walk, with the help of a staff."
She smiled with kindness and sincerety in her eyes, but she could see the tears well up within Gaelrin's eyes. Athilda stepped away from Dunhama and went back towards the younger girl, who wrapped her arms about herself as she began to sob silently.
"Oh, Gaelrin...I am so sorry."
Athilda wrapped her arm around her shoulder and let the girl cry; After a few minutes, Athilda rubbed her arm and spoke gently and kindly.
"I know that it is hard, but just know that you and your brother will be cared for. You two will be loved...You two are loved."

PostPosted: April 12th, 2017, 1:02 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(Been quite busy myself. A lot of family activities since I had off but good times. :D )

Kano made his way through the crowds as he road. As he passed by injured soldiers and civilians alike the memories of the battle flashed back into his mind. He shivered and shook the thoughts out of his head and as he gazed far across the way he saw Dunham standing and Athilda seemed to be embracing anyoung girl in distress.

Kano approached cautiously on his large horse, not wanting interupt anything. He glanced at Dunham with a sorrowful look, then towards the girl and her brother. He recognized them as as the two from the journey to Helms deep from Edoras in the first of this madness.

He glanced at the young girl's injuries and the expression on the lad. He had heard tell that they now had lost both parents. He sighed at the dismay of the situation.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2017, 11:26 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama and Athilda helped get Gaelrin set for travel. She and Grihias would be riding in a cart as part of the King’s caravan that would travel the main road back to Edoras. As servants in the House of Meduseld, Dunhama and Athilda will also be in the caravan. With Dunhama’s transfer from the Westfold army to the King’s Guard, he wanted to make sure that Kan would be riding as well.

Already scout riders have left and the rest of the caravan was getting ready to leave. Dunhama asked Athilda,

”Have you gotten everything you need my love?”

Dunhama checked and made sure all his assigned armour and uniforms were packed even though he would likely get some different arms for horse riding once they got back to Edoras. He also wanted to return, for he had some things he had hidden away there, and wanted to return to find them safe.

The Westmarch army of Erkenbrand would remain behind for a while, but he expected they would have to go when called. The Dunlandings would be freed and repatriated, though Wulgov was told he would remain at the keep. But it was then a messenger from the King came to him….

’Are you Wulgov of Dunland?”

“Yes I am.”

Wulgov answered, T e messenger then unrolled a parchment and read to him,

”It is hereby ordered by Theoden, King of Rohan, that you will accompany the caravan to Edoras, where sometime after arrival at a time to be named, will hear your petition to the King. Until such time, you are given limited freedom and will work and help with the caravan in moving supplies. This order stands from the time of reading until time of hearing of petition by the king. You will not attempt to escape or will not incite violence upon another while you are under the protection of the king.”

The messenger paused and looked at Wulgov and asked,

”Do you understand what I have read, and if you agree, make your mark on this parchment.”

Wulgov nodded that he understood. It was a fair deal all things considered. He took the offered quill and made his mark. The messenger then took it and turned and left. Wulgov for all intents and purposes, had been given probation. He looked at his leg and flexed it. It was sore, but it felt much better. H would rest for a moment and see if Lady Athilda would return to see him, then he would go out and find a job to do in readying the caravan to Edoras.

(OOC: Been a bit busy myself. the slow time at work has clearly ended for me, and there has been a lot going on at home as well, so writing time has been short of late. But a long weekend is at hand!)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 13th, 2017, 3:56 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin sniffed and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand then looked up at Athilda and uttered a quiet 'thank you'. She then saw the slight limp with which Kano walked and looked up at him with her bright green eyes.
"I do hope that one day I will be able to walk as you do, sir."
She smiled, but it didn't take away the sorrow that buried itself in her heart.
Athilda smiled sadly and rubbed Gaelrin's arm again as she spoke with kindness in her voice.
"I will make sure that we will reach that goal, my friend. We will help you to walk again."
Gaelrin glanced at Athilda and smiled, then with her help, Gaelrin and her brother were ready to for the journey back to Edoras. After they were packed, Athilda took her medical supplies in her arms and stood, then reassured the brother and sister that she would return.
Once they were in the hallway, Athilda looked up at Dunhama and smiled slightly for she was not able to shake off the sorrow she felt for those two siblings.
"Aye, I have everything I need here."
She took his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze before turning and going to an elderly woman who was in need of assistance.
After helping the elderly woman, Athilda then went to where the medical supplies were and disposed of all the soiled bandages. It was then that a thought struck her.
She had yet to visit Wulgov!
"Goodness..."
She muttered as she picked up the hem of her dress and walked quickly down the hallway until she made it to one of the far chambers. As she walked inside the room, she saw one of the King's messengers standing in front of Wulgov as he announced the prisoner's fate. She waited to approach until he had signed the document, then she dipped her head and spoke.
"Sire, you look well." She paused as she knelt down next to him to inspect his wound. "How does your leg feel?"
She glanced up at him as she unravelled the lightly soiled bandage.

PostPosted: April 13th, 2017, 6:28 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano looked at the young women with a soft empathizing smile. "The healers have done what they can for me... I will always limp but at least I can move about. I am sure you will recover as well." He tried to offer some encouragement. "If you would like I can shew you a few exercises the elven healer told me to do... she said it would help me regain my strength an balance in my ankles and feet."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 45  Next