Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 30th, 2024, 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: ~ The Inn By The Side Of The Road ~
PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 11:31 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Lwelyn quickly made his way out of the inn, still avoiding the soldiers. It seemed foolish, since they were the ones to drive away the Haradrim, but they still made him feel nervous. Soldiers were not to be trusted. Walking out to the well, he began to haul up the water. A few moments later a woman from inside walked out and called to her horse. Lwelyn turned his eyes to the ground as she introduced the horse to him.

"I'll take care of her, miss," he said quietly.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 5:33 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"I thank you kind sir. She has been free grazing, so I think she will be well."
Dawn said as she looked at the windows of the inn. She looked at the yellow dress Mariel had given her, and she nodded. She said to the young man,
"Maybe give her some water now while I tend to some business."
She smiled at the young man and he started to get some more water. Dawn went over to the Inn and looked at the windows. There was the room Mariel had, and the window was still open from her aborted escape. She pulled herself up and in the window, and inside, she retrieved her cloak. She shed the dress amd hung it back in the closet, and wrapped in her cloak, She quietly stepped into the hallway. Dawn checked each door as she went down the hall. It wasn't until she got to room 1 that the door pushed open. She looked warily to the common room and none were looking to the hall, so she slipped in and closed the door. Looking about, she could see it was the ranger who was there earlier than the others room. She rummaged through what he left, and she found some breeches she pulled on. They were foul and dirty, but she cared not. She tied off the waist with a cord, and pulled the foul, sweaty skin tunic over her. It will have to do. She slipped out the door and went back to room 8 and slipped out the window. The young man had given Whisper some water, and she wasted no time coming to Dawn as she walked toward her. Dawn paused as the young man stood there. She said to him,
"I don't think I can go back in there. Not while those rangers are there."

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 8:02 pm 
Ent
Ent

As Indrean listened to his friend speak he couldn't help but wonder where Dawn had gone to. She had left with a bit of urgency after speaking to the Innkeeper so he figured that she was completing a task for her. But that had been about five minutes ago, and to his knowledge she had not returned. Indrean shifted on his feet, then glanced over to the hall upon hearing a door being shut. His brows furrowed and he looked back at his friend and put a hand on his shoulder.
"Forgive me for cutting you short, my old friend. I have business here that I must take care of first. So I must ask you to excuse me, only for a few minutes, I will not be very long."
Indrean dipped his head then walked to room number 1 and listened for a brief moment. He heard clothes rustle as they were tossed on the floor, then he heard the sound of a window being opened.
"Don't run, Dawn."
He muttered quietly as he turned on his heel and ran out into the Common Room and out the front door. Once outside, he looked around for her. Having just escaped out the window, she wouldn't have been able to run very far. As if in response to his thoughts, he heard her voice over by the stables. Indrean swiftly walked over to the stables to find Dawn speaking to a young boy who was tending to the horses.
"My Lady, I need to speak with you."
As he spoke, he could see the fear in her eyes, so he lifted his hands in front of him in a sign of surrender and friendliness.
"Dawn, please...I must speak with you before you leave."

PostPosted: April 24th, 2017, 9:28 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Malvagil watched as Indrean left the inn rather quickly. He had already noted that Dawn had left. But the day was reaching into late morning, and Malvagil saw that the men were for the most part lounging. He signaled that it was time to go, for they wanted to make Amon Sul by nightfall if they could. Hilferin stood, but relocated to a table by the fireplace. It was tucked in the corner between the hearth and the wall, and he could see the whole common room from there.It would be a good place to stake for a few days. He wanted another cup of tea but did not see the maid anywhere, or Indrean for that matter. As the men filed out the door, Caila said her farewells, and when it closed, she leaned her back against the door and sighed. She then realized Hilferin was still seated in the corner. She came to him and asked,

"You aren't leaving like the others?"

"No m'lady. My comrade and I will remain a few days. We will need a room. We just need one."

Caila nodded and thought. She had rooms paid for but the ones who paid had left. She would get something sorted for them. She asked as she poured water from the hearth pot into a small teapot,

"Where is your comrade?"

"He went chasing after your maid m'lady."

Caila looked about and realized it had been a bit since Dawn had gone out for air. She was a bit lenient with her, but she was all the help she had but for the young stable boy. She said to Hilferin,

"Please, if you are in need of arresting her for something she had done, can you do it in a day so I can get someone here to work?"

Hilferin poured some tea from the pot and said,

"I can't make that promise m'lady. Indrean is in charge of that investigation. I am here for other reasons. But I will suggest it to him."

Caila smiled slightly and walked back to the bar, thinking of going out the back door and seeing where Dawn was.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 24th, 2017, 9:59 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Micha nodded as Indrean took his leave and headed out the front door to go about his wolf hunting.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: April 25th, 2017, 7:14 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"My Lady, I need to speak with you."
"Dawn, please...I must speak with you before you leave."
Dawn trned and looekd at Indrean approaching and considered jumping on Whisper and riding hard. But the look of sincerity in his face stayed her. She sighed and her fortitude melted at his sight, and she took a deep breath. She said,
"I will listen ranger, but if you are just going to arrest me, then do it and be over with it."
With the horses out front setting off, Dawn stepped back behind Whisper so they could not see her from the road. Indrean followed her. She turned suddenly and looked him in the eyes, saying,
"I will listen to you. nd I will answer your questions, especially now that the others have left."
Her hard stare softened the longer she looked him in the eyes....

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 25th, 2017, 4:05 pm 
Ent
Ent

Indrean followed Dawn as she walked behind her horse but blinked as she turned to face him. He could tell by the way she stared at him that she was frightened and angry, so he decided in his heart to help her.
"My Lady, I have not come to arrest you,though that is what my orders entail..." He paused for a brief moment as he removed his pin -signifying his status as a Ranger- then looked up at her with kindness and sincerity.
"I wish to help you, for I know what it is like for you...having gone through what you have. "
He glanced down at the ground as a tear threatened to run down his cheek, but he gritted his teeth as he looked back into her eyes.
"My sister was raped and murdered by the Dunlanding Men during one of their raids on our town. I was unable to help her...."
His gaze shifted down to the ground again as memories of that day burned into his mind. After a few quiet moments, Indrean looked back at Dawn and sighed.
"If you desire it, I can go to The Prancing Pony and pay them to forget that it was you who killed your attacker. Then I can take up your case as one of self-defense."

PostPosted: April 27th, 2017, 8:32 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Dawn looked at Indrean and felt sorrow for his sister. She said,
"I am sorry Indrean, I am sorry."
Dawn was torn ... she wanted to trust him in what he said, but was scared to do so. She said as she touched his arm,
"I...I don't want to get you in trouble. If... "
Dawn held her words. he did not need to know why she came to Bree... did he? She found herself weakening in his gaze....

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 27th, 2017, 9:14 pm 
Ent
Ent

Indrean took her hand in his and gently twisted it so that her palm faced the sky then spoke softly, and as he spoke, he placed his pin carefully in her open hand.
"You need not fret about my well-being, m'lady; It is my duty to protect the people of this land, no matter their past."

PostPosted: April 27th, 2017, 11:22 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Lwelyn nodded at the woman, calmly stroking her horse. When the ranger came out of the inn and caught the woman, he backed away. He wanted to bolt but the horse was preventing that.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2017, 5:06 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Seeing Lewlyn avoid the Rangers and Indrean put just a bit of doubt in Dawn's wavering mind. But she had never thought out what she was doing ever since leaving Minas Tirith. After her trouble when she was at Edoras, it made it hard to trust anyone. But she was at an end here. Where would she go? No, she would have to trust Indrean. She would have to be careful though. Seeing him put his pin in her hand was a sign. She looked up to him and said,
"Thank you kind sir. What should I do? I am in it deep."
She blinked back tears, wondering how everything had gone so wrong.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2017, 3:56 pm 
Ent
Ent

He could tell by the way that she looked at him that she was uncertain. But he wanted her to trust him. Not because she was beautiful, although that certainly was a plus, but because she looked as though she were lost and without a friend. He smiled and furrowed his brows as she spoke. He wanted to help her the way that he would have helped his sister.
"You must remain here, if you'd like. I will ride to Bree and tell the Innkeeper at the Pony to stop all gossip of you. I will then try and gather discriminating information against the man who attacked you. Once I return though, I will have to go back to Minas Tirith...and you must be with me."
As he spoke, he couldn't help but notice the tears that threatened to spill down her cheeks. For a brief moment, he considered laying a reassuring hand on her arm, but he decided against it. Instead, he gestured towards her hand and nodded.
"I give you my word that I will protect you, my Lady."

PostPosted: May 4th, 2017, 11:12 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"Minas...Tirith?"
Dawn said apprehensively. She thought about the man she had left there and why she had run so far. What good would come from her returning with this Ranger? Dawn sighed and said,
"Very well then, I will trust you and will remain here while you go. But tell me why we must return to Minas Tirith?"
Dawn wanted to know, for all she could see from returning there was trouble. But maybe ... her thoughts seemed to wander. She then caught herself and said,
"I will do as you ask."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 9th, 2017, 5:20 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Caila brought Hilferin some more tea, and she said,

”I need to go out and find my maid. She seemed to have run off with one of them rangers.”

Caila smiled as he looked up at her, and then gave her a nod. He was one of them rangers. Caila blushed a bit realising what he had said. She turned and went to the kitchen and out the back. There, she saw the boy heading into the stable, and Dawn standing by her horse with that ranger that was making eyes at her earlier.

”We have some cleaning to do… what are you wearing? Are you leaving?”

Caila eyed Indrean suspiciously, but Dawn didn’t seem too worried about him.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 7:50 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Dawn turned from Indrean and looked at Caila. She looked back at Indrean, and he wanted her to wait here for his return. She would not go now, especially since the others had left. She said to Caila,
"I...I was... no, I will remain. I am sorry."
Dawn looked at Indrean and then followed Caila back into the inn.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 15th, 2017, 11:05 am 
Ent
Ent

(Hi friends! First of all, before I post, I just wanted to apologize for my lack of activity these past couple of days. My husband, daughter and I were in the process of moving and were without internet until today, so again, I apologize. I hope you all are doing well though!)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 30  Next