Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: ~ The Inn By The Side Of The Road ~
PostPosted: April 10th, 2017, 9:45 pm 
Ent
Ent

Indrean watched as Dawn walked away then began to eat his stew as she made her rounds with the tea and stew. His thoughts were still occupied with trying to match the dress with the woman. Dawn said that it was a friend who gave it to her. Perhaps he would inquire about her friend when she returned. His thoughts were suddenly brought back to the task at hand as he watched the interaction between his Commander and the woman. He squinted to see her reaction as his Commander asked if she had been to the Prancing Pony. She didn't answer, but she seemed to look flustered.
"Huh."
He muttered quietly to himself, then shifted in his seat and took another bite of stew. Indrean glanced up as he saw her yellow dress approaching him, and he smiled and chuckled as Dawn poured a splash of liquor discreetly into his tea.
"Thank you, miss...?"
He let his question linger, hoping she would introduce herself.

PostPosted: April 10th, 2017, 11:08 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

'...Dawn.."
She said to him as she stood before him. She briefly looked to the bar where Caila had gone over to talk to the old man with the beard. The commander turned and leaned against the bar and watched her intently. She looked around the common room and saw everyone either busy eating or talking among themselves. Dawn had a mind to sit at his table as she had been on her feet since getting up from the hearth, but with the commander watching her, she thought best not to do it. She said to the man as he looked at her,
"What may I call you sir?"
Dawn blushed slightly as she asked. Maybe he did not wish to give her his name.

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 10th, 2017, 11:38 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Caila had become curious about her new maid with the words of Malvagil and his interest in her. Still, the other woman who had worked a tavern scooted off with that other ranger she spent the night with. Caila was stuck with Dawn, who had not before worked in a tavern. Yet she seemed to be a fast learner. As the old man with the long beard came in wanting to speak with the proprietor, Caila said to Malvagil before going to talk to the old man,

"Please don't scare off my help."

She then went to talk with the old man who stood at the end of the bar closest to the door,

"It is I, sir, who runs this place. What may I help you with?"

~ ~ ~

Malvagil turned and watched Dawn as she talked with Indrean. He was sure she was the one who was seen running off in the night from Bree. He did have questions about the stabbing, and he would have to talk to her eventually, but as far as he was concerned, the grub that was killed was somebody the town of Bree would be better off without.

Being Malvagil didn't want to irritate the new proprietor of this inn, seing what she had done with the old place, he decided to leave Dawn alone. He caught the eye of Indrean who looked his way for a moment, and gave him a slight nod. Being he appeared to have some interest in her, Malvagil gave him the freedom to take the time to find out what he wanted from her. Maybe he would get some information on the stabbing while he was at it.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 12th, 2017, 1:10 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

"Ah, my name is Cedric Thornley," the man introduced himself. He had a rolled up wad of paper in his hand. "I'm a farmer who lives not far from here on the edge of Bree Land. There have been a lot of wolves in the area and I am willing to pay anyone ten silver coins per wolf pelt killed around my farm. I was wondering if I could post these posters with my offer here at your inn."

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: April 12th, 2017, 9:28 pm 
Ent
Ent

"Dawn, huh?"
Indrean leaned back in his chair as he went over her name in his mind, then brought his cup of tea to his lips and swallowed. He savored the bite from the liquor and the beauty of the maid's eyes as she looked upon him. He couldn't help but smile as he caught sight of the blush that rose to her cheeks.
"It is a pleasure to meet you, Dawn. You have a beautiful name, one that I have not heard very often. My name is Indrean."

PostPosted: April 12th, 2017, 11:54 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Dawn blushed a bit more as she curtsied to Indrean. She said softly,
“It is nice to meet you Indrean.”
She turned and looked around and then looked back at him and said,
“I must go tend to other tables. If you need anything, do let me know.”
She turned and leaned over the next table wiping it clean. When she was done she looked again to Indrean and smiled while we blushed as he watched her. She then went to collect empty tea cups from some of the others. When she went to the bar, she did not look at Malvagil. He kept an eye on her though. With everyone tended to for now, she went back over and swept up the pile of dirt she had collected earlier. She squatted and gathered the dirt on a scoop and stood and went and threw it all into the fire. She went and put the broom away, and seeing all was well with everyone, she got herself a cup of water before she went back to the table where Indrean sat. She asked,
“May I sit down at your table?”
Dawn gave him a smile as she looked into his eyes.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 13th, 2017, 12:19 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Caila looked at the posters, and she said,

Yes, we have a post board right here!"

She pointed to the wall at the end of the bar right near where they were standing. Caila had no troubles with bounty on wolves around there. She was about to call for Dawn, but saw she was taking a break with one of the rangers. She looked over at Malvagil who was also watching the two. She then looked back at Cedric and asked him,

"Would you like anything to eat or drink Mr Thornley?"

Caila smiled as she decided to pour herself a small glass of wine.

~ ~ ~

Malvagil hoped Indrean would gain some information on Dawn, but in case he didn't... he took hsi tea and walked over to the table on the opposite wall of where Dawn and Indrean sat. He joined Kallas who sat there alone sipping tea. Kallas gave his commander a nod and said to him,

"She is a fair looking sort. Looks a lot like that woman who was at the Prancing Pony last night."

"I was thinking the same thing."

Malvagil said. He sipped his tea and said,

"Indrean will find out about her. However, when we leave here, I want you and your brother to stay behind for a couple days. Keep an eye on things here."

"This is a new one."

Kallas said. he looked back at Dawn and then to Caila and went on,

"Orders to stay at an inn and watch. Things could be worse. could have to ride north toward Carn Dum. I'll tell my brother when he gets here. By the way, shouldn't we be meeting Durian here?"

Malvagil nodded. Yes, they should.... He sipped his tea and finished it.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 13th, 2017, 3:33 pm 
Ent
Ent

Indrean dipped his head as she curtsied then smiled and nodded.
"Of course. I'll be here enjoying my...tea..."
He gave her a secret smile, then watched as she went to tend to her duties but noticed the Commander was watching her carefully. Indrean sighed and leaned back in his seat as he thought about his orders. He would have to interrogate Dawn without being too obvious. But he was beginning to like her, and when he caught her glance as she was cleaning the tables, he couldn't help but think that she was in need of a friend.
Indrean ran a hand through his dirty, tousled brown hair then took a bite of his stew before Dawn stood next to his table. He smiled up at her and nodded.
"Aye, you may. I would very much appreciate your company."

PostPosted: April 13th, 2017, 6:41 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

"Thank you," Cedric said with a smile. "And yes, please, my horse has taken up lame and I walked the distance. A large cup of water would do me good followed by a small stout ale if you have that."

He dropped a few coins on the table before beading over to post his poster. When he came back he waited patiently for his drink and wiped a few beads of sweat off his brow.

From across the room the dark skinned man took note of the poster, getting up after finishing his food and drink and eyeing the poster for a while. After a bit he walked up to Cedric and inquired of the bounty.

"How many wolves do you have around your place?"

Cedric looked up. "Well, I've seen two separate packs at least... probably fifteen to twenty in each. I've got money set aside for their pelts. I can't afford to loose any more sheep."

"I might take you up on this offer," the man said. "The names Micha Lonewolf." he smiled and offered a hand. Cedric shook his hand and turned back to Caila as she approached with his drink. "Why don't you get this man another drink on me. Seems we have some business to discuss."

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: April 13th, 2017, 9:09 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Caila got some water and a heavy ale for Cedric and gave him a smile. She gave a nod to the man who had gotten up to read the post. She nodded at his request for a 2nd ale for Cedric, and asked,

"Would you like one for yourself, Mr Lonewolf?"

Caila wondered at the irony of his name and the business he was about to do for Cedcir. She smiled and gave a look to Malvagil and the other ranger seated at the table by the window that looked out to the back of the inn. She was happy that the glazier had done such fine work. The draft of the place was much less now. She looked over at the table where Dawn and the ranger sat, and she could see she was getting all doe-eyed at him. Caila was curious about her as well. What was she running from, and now, what was she running to? She left Cedric and Micah to talk business and she took her wine glass over to Malvagil's table and sat down. She looked at Malvagil and to Kallas and said,

"I want to take this time to thank you Rangers for all you do here in these lands. You are always welcome here no matter what time of day or night. I am Caila, and I have been given the privelige to run this place."

She smiled at Kallas as the door opened and a grey-cloaked man entered. It was Kallam, the brother of Kallas.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 14th, 2017, 3:14 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Dawn looked over at Caila before sitting down. She said to Indrean,
“I will not have long, but a rest will be nice.”
She sipped her water and smiled when she caught Indrean looking at her. She didn’t really know what to say, but with only a glance across the room toward Malvagil, she quickly turned back. She asked,
Your commander...... he seems to have some interest in me. He asked if I was at the Prancing Pony yesterday....... do you know why he is so curious about me?"
She looked at Indrean softly with wide eyes, wondering if she would get any answers from this man. It was then the door opened and in came another man. He looked like the man sitting with Caila and the commander. Dawn sighed as it looked like Caila was not going to get up to see to him. She stood and put her hand on Indrean's arm and said,
"I shouldn't be too long."
She walked toward the man and said,
"Welcome to the inn! Would you like some food or drink, or both?"
She smiled at the man who looked around the room.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 14th, 2017, 7:01 pm 
Ent
Ent

Indrean smiled kindly at Dawn as their eyes met for a brief moment, but his smile soon faded when she quickly turned back from looking at his Commander. He flashed his eyes over to his Commander who nodded to him, then flicked his gaze back to hers.
Indrean swallowed and subtly nodded his head.
"Aye, you are right in your observations, m'lady. He is curious in you and why you came here."
As he spoke, he leaned forward on his forearms and softened his voice.
"He believes that you may be one of the many suspects of a crime that was committed at the Prancing Pony."

PostPosted: April 14th, 2017, 11:03 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

After brushing down Durian's horse, Lwelyn moved around the stables. He could stay here during the night. Finding various little chores to occupy himself with, Lwelyn felt more at home than he had in months. As he went to fill the trough, he discovered that the pail was missing. Searching the stables to no avail, he decided to ask the innkeeper. Rolling his sleeves back down over his scarred arms, he slipped out of the stables. He entered the inn, heart racing as he saw the soldiers. They are friends he told himself, forcing his feet to move forward. Keeping as far as possible from the other people, he made his way to the innkeeper.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2017, 5:40 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Caila sipped down her wine and was about to get up from the table when the young man who had spent the night by the fire approached. She smiled at him as he approached.

~ ~ ~

Kallam waved off the bint that greeted him. He saw his brother across the room and he walked over to the table. The woman got up to see to young stable boy, and Kallam immediately set himself down. Kallas looked at him and said,

"What troubles you my brother? Know that we will be here for some days."

Kallam shrugged and looked about nervously. He looked at the ceiling and the walls and began to sweat. Malvagil stood and said to Kallas,

"Maybe it's best you two ride out with me. I'll get Hilferin to stay here with Indrean. I should have remembered Kallam can't stand enclosed rooms."

Kallam nodded disappointed he wasn't staying at the inn. He stood and with Kallam, headed for the door. Malvagil stepped to the table where Indrean sat. They both looked at dawn who had froze by the bar, not wanting to come back to the table. Malvagil leaned over and said,

"You and Hilferin have the duty here. Stay three days, then ride to Amon Sul."

Indrean nodded as he looked again at Dawn. Malvagil headed to the table in the back where Hilferin was eating the last of his stew. He didn't mind getting the Forsaken Inn Watch. Malvagil let everyone else know they would be riding out shortly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 15th, 2017, 6:17 pm 
Ent
Ent

From the corner of his eyes, Indrean noticed a young man enter the Inn and watched for a moment as he hesitantly walked towards the Innkeeper. He furrowed his brows in curiosity at the boys' obvious reluctance to be around the Rangers, especially the Commander.
"Hm.."
He mused, then looked up as Malvagil approached him and told him his orders. With a slight nod, he watched his Commander leave his table, then his eyes made his way to where Dawn stood at the bar.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2017, 7:27 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"Do you know where the watering pail is?"

Lwelyn glanced around, hoping she knew exactly where it was so that he could return to the stables. Soldiers made him nervous, no matter who's side they were on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 30  Next