Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: ~ The Inn By The Side Of The Road ~
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2017, 12:09 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel laughed softly as Durian kissed her shoulder, then she shrugged them.
"I am sure the two sisters could give us what we need."
She smiled, then watched him walk out of the door, and raised her brow as she saw him peering in through the cracked door.
"The longer you stare at me, the more time we will have to wait for our adventures."
She teased him as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2017, 8:49 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

”Yes, I’m sure they will. I will see you then in he common room”

Durian pulled the door closed and walked to his room as he lifted his hand to his upper lip. The scent of Mariel was intese and he smiled. When he got to #1, he unlocked the door and went in and checked that everything was in order and where he put it. The new window let the bright sun in and it made the old place feel warmer and friendlier. He cleaned up a bit before leaving, locking the door before heading to the common room.

When he walked in, he went to the bar and asked the sleepy one if the food was still on. He eyed her and smiled. She only blinked at him. Caila stepped over and said,

’Yes, yes, we have fresh bread, butter, sausage, bacon, fried tomatoes, and there is some baked beans left too!”

She elbowed Caira and gave her a look for not helping the man. Caira shrugged at her sister, but turned and watched the man as he went and sat at a table by one of the new windows. Caira came over with some tea, and she et it on the table and sat down. She asked,

”My pardon sir, but seeing you in the light of day has me wondering if we have met before.”

Durian looked at her, then looked her over. He said,

”Can’t say I remember you from before last night.”

He smiled as she stood up. He looked over at her sister by the bar. He was sure of it now. These two women had stolen the deed to this place.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2017, 9:58 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel quickly donned her pale blue and gray dress, then brushed her hair and braided it until it fell over her shoulder. She then washed her face, dried it with a small towel that was provided, and went to open the door, but before she left, she gathered her bag and placed it in a closet, then locked it and finally made her way into the hall. After locking the door and placing the key in a pouch at her waist, she walked slowly out into the common room where she saw Durian eyeing the two sisters. She raised a brow then sat down next to him and crossed her legs.
"If I didn't you any better, I would say that you look like you're enjoying yourself."

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2017, 10:53 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian looked over at Mariel. She was looking beautiful. He looked back at Caira briefly before turning again to Mariel. he said,

"I was studying... making determinations. I think we may have an angle..."

Mariel didn't seem to know what he was talking about. he looked into her eyes and said quietly,

"Remember I said that we could make some money?"

He smiled at Mariel as she looked puzzled.

He looked over at the youngster who sat by the fire, his eyes darting around. Durian scratched his chin...

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2017, 11:06 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

It wasn't long before the old man had finished the last window and came in to join the growing group in the main room. He eyed the newcomers with a wide smile.

Calypso sat and watched the ranger and the blond at their table talk. They seemed quite... serious and secret about something. She finished up her last bite of food and walked over to their table.

"Sorry to interrupt... you both look quite involved at the moment, but I had just one question for you both." She smiled sweetly with a slight curtsy. "If I were to tell you, The door is open... would that mean anything to you?"

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 24th, 2017, 2:07 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian looked up at the foreign-looking woman and gave her a nod. He looked at Mariel and back at the woman and said,

"Many doors are open. Many that are open when you see them close before you can get to them. Some doors, appearing closed, open with but a touch. Which particular door are you referring to m'lady?"

Durian sipped his tea and looked at her.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 24th, 2017, 9:08 am 
Ent
Ent

Mariel raised a brow in slight confusion as she recalled the adventure Durian had mentioned the night before. Before she could respond to him, a woman approached their table and asked them if the 'door was open' meant anything to them. Her eyes widened in shock and fear flashed quickly in her eyes before she leaned back in her chair and rested her bare feet on the leg of Durians chair.
She glanced over to Durian and smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes, for all she could think of was the impending doom that could reach her if she didn't act quickly.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2017, 5:49 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

It was Caira who brought the food to Durian and Mariel. She set the plates before them as the woman standing moved aside slightly. Caira looked more awake now, and she asked as she poured some more tea into cups,

"You slept late I see. How was the wine?"
"It was a good vintage! Clean, with very little effect the next day. I thank you for that miss..."
"Caira."
"Caira." Yes. Lovely name. Thank you again."

Durian started into the beans and the bacon, He was damn hungry. As he ate, he again looked over at the young one by the fire. He looked like he could use some money. I wonder if he would do a job for him? Durian gave him a nod and a smile before turnin g back to Mariel. She seemed deep in thought and hadn't eaten a thing. The words of a door seemed to rattle her some.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 25th, 2017, 9:17 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Before Calypso could answer Durian a laugh interrupted them from behind. The unmistakeable laugh of the old man who carried his water and a bowl of beans over to sit down at Durian and Mariel's table.

He glanced at Calypso as he walked by. "The door is open.... only to those who know its secrets." He winked and took a seat beside the other two, turning to them. "So... now what of these ruins in the marshes?"

Calypso smiled as the old man answered. "I knew I recognized those marks."

"Shhh..." she old man hushed her. He motioned for her to sit, and without a glance at the original occupants of the table she took a seat along with them.

"These ruins..." the old man continued. "Once I have this last piece of the ancient artifact I can tell you what your visions meant and I can learn to hear the music."

Calypso looked at the old man at this, evident shock on her face. "Hear the music?"

"Aye..." he nodded. "My time is coming to a close."

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 12:22 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Deumeawyn was wrapped in a long gray cloak and rode Whisper, her gray mare with speed from the direction of Bree. She had ridden out late last evening after bribing the gatekeeper to let her out. She was tired and hungry. She pulled up from the gallop as she passed the inn. Turning, she rode behind the inn and found a place for Whisper to rest. There was green grass and water, so she dismounted.
"do not go far my girl, for I may need you in haste."
She gave her a pat and smiled before going around to the door. Looking back down the road from Bree, she pushed through the door and let it close. She looked about and sighed with relief. There was only one here she had to worry about, but it looked like he was busy with other affairs. She walked to the bar where the bartender said,
"Hello miss, what can I get you?"
"I.. I would like something hearty to eat and the strongest spirit drink you have. I hope this will be enough."
She set a gold coin on the bar and the bartender slid it off into her hand.
"This will be more than enough. Do you need a room?"
"I'm not sure yet."
Deumeawyn looked around the room then asked,
"I do need to clean up, for my road was long."
"There is a well out by the stables. You can clean there."
Deumeawyn nodded. She pushed her hood from her head reveailing her dark locks as they fell about her shoulders. She said,
"I will sit and rest and eat first. Thank you."
Deumeawyn sighted the ways out. The main door, the kitchen, and possibly at the end of the hall past the rooms. She had to be ready always, in case... She looked at the door and saw a table empty by the window to the front. That will be the best place to see who is coming in. She sat on the side of the table where she could watch out the window and see the door. If need be, she could always crash out through the window. She hoped it would not come to that. She swept her cloak up from her feet and the hem of her nightdress could be seen hanging by her bare feet. She pulled the cloak back over and hid it, looking around before looking out the window while she waited for her food and drink.

(Hi. I don't know if I'm doing this right or not as I'm new at this sort of RP. I read a lot so think I have an idea. Let me know if I am screwing up please. I will try and reply regularly)

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 12:55 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

The table had gotten crowded and so Durian picked up his plate of food and tea cup and moved over to the next one. He wanted to eat in peace. It seemed Mariel was intrigued by what they were saying about the old ruins of Midgewater. He got a few bites in when the door opened. A cloaked woman came in and talked to Caira and went and sat down. He could tell she was in distress. She was well guarded in her actions and kept an eye on everything. When she caught Durian looking in her direction, she quickly turned away even as he gave her a friendly nod. He went on to finish his breakfast, and sipped at his tea while listening to the talk at his original table.

Durian finally said,

"You all seem to be speaking in riddles to me about doors opening and music and such. I'm afraid you will have to speak a bit plainer for this simple man to understand you.... should you wish him to understand you."

Mariel looked at him and Durian raised his tea cup and shrugged.

Last edited by Hanasian on March 26th, 2017, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 1:23 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Deumeawyn was relieve when her food arrived. She had caught the eye of the one person she hoped to avoid, a ranger. She let her hair hide the side of her face as she leaned forward and tried to enjoy the food. She was starving but tried not to eat like she was. The liquor shot had come, and she waited until she was done eating before downing it in one tip. Nobody seemed to have seen her do that except for a nervous looking youngster by the fire. She glared at hin for a moment before turning back and looking out the window. The ranger seemed to have turned his attention back to the table where others were sitting. She starting getting worried she was being watched. She needed to get out of there.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 1:24 pm 
Ent
Ent

A hearty laugh from behind her brought Mariel back to the present situation, and she shifted in her seat as the old man sat down and began to address her. Before she could speak, another woman sat at their table and Durian picked up his plate and drink and walked over to a quiet table.
Although she could guess why he moved, a part of her heart started to break. Perhaps she shouldn't have allowed him access to her heart. Mariel let out a quiet breath as he looked at her and shrugged, but picked up her cup of tea and brought it to her lips. As she drank the hot liquid and listened to the old man talk with the other woman at her table, she looked around the room.
Her eyes landed on the woman with dark hair, who sat close to the window. Something seemed wrong. Mariel studied the woman carefully and after a few moments, she realized that this woman had no shoes and she was wearing....a nightdress? Not wanting to pry or seem suspicious, Mariel glanced back at her food and began to eat slowly, then she glanced up at the old man.
"Yes, I will accompany you to these ruins, but I will need a few more days here. I....have business."
She glanced over at Durian, then quickly looked up as Ciara came to refill her tea.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 1:38 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

The inn was getting crowded. Lwelyn relaxed slightly, though had his pack ready. There was still a clear path to the door, which he could take at any time, yet for some reason he wished to stay. Hearing people enjoy life reminded him of home when he was younger. However if the inn owners approached him again, he would make a dash for it.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 3:51 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

A rush of heat came over Deumeawyn, and she blinked as she looked out the window. Her head spun and she eyed the small glass she had drank the spirits from. She then eyed the bartender that had served her. With her mind getting heavy, Deumeawyn started to suspect she had been poisoned. Did this bartender know her??? She looked about the inn and the voices started getting echoish and far away sounding. She put her hand to her forehead and closed her eyes, but that was a mistake. Everything started to spin. She opened her eyes and blinked and tried to get things to settle. If she had to run right now, she would surely lose her feet. Still, she had to get up. She would try to get to this well, for some cool water would maybe help her.

Deumeawyn stood and steadied herself holding on to the table. She looked to the bar and thought she was seeing double, but there were two women standing there. She carefully walked to the bar and leaned on it, relieved she had made it without stumbling or running into anybody.

“I… I think I need to find that well. I need some water and I need to … do you have a room, for I need to lay down and rest. I can pay you…”

Deumeawyn could not tell which one of the bartenders she was looking at as he eyes shifted from one, then to the other. Then there were four of them.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 6:33 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

(I wrote the first part earlier before Deumeawyn's post, and the second part after)

Durian looked at Mariel as she spoke. He nodded in agreement and said,

"I, of course, would accompany Mariel if she so wishes it, but my horse took a rock in the hoof and will need a couple days to be able to travel with weight. I will have to go out and see her and look at her foot in the light of day, so should you make a decision on what you need to do with all that you say, come seek me in the stables if it is urgent, or if not, I should return shortly."

Durian finished his tea and set the cup down. He stood up and walked around behind Mariel and set his hands upon her shoulders and gave her a light massage before leaning close to her ear and saying softly,

"I shan't be long m'lady."

He gave her a quick kiss to the side of her neck and gave a nod to the glazier and the warrioress before leaving the table, and a quick nod to the young man sitting by the fire while he was heading for the door.

(OOC: and then a post appears after the one I was responding to! Love it! Like RP's of old!)

As he started to open the door, the woman who had just recently came in got up from her table and walked to the bar. He could tell she was wobbly on her feet, but after pausing and silently asking questions about her in his mind, he saw that both Caira and Caila were there to talk to her. He stepped out the door and let it close.

It was a sunny day, and the air was starting to warm. He went around to the stables and there saw a beautiful grey mare grazing by the stable. She eyed Durian with suspicion and took a few steps away from the stable. Durian could tell the horse was well cared for. He gave her a nod when she again turned to look, and he went into the stables to see how Stormer was doing.

”How are you doing missy?”

He said as she greeted him. He brushed her nose and head and took her from the stall.

”Come, let us go outside.”

HE led Stormer out and she was itching to go, but Durian checked her foot and nodded.

”Not yet my girl, not yet.”

He stood up and saw the grey mare watching intently. With a pat he said,

”Go, make a friend. I think she will keep you close.”

He watched Stormer as she trotted over to the fresh grass and started to graze. The grey mare watched her, and with a few swishes of her tail, seemed to accept Stormer. They then went on enjoying the green grass. Durian had no need to worry about her. He sat down by the stable door in the sun and leaned back, enjoying the beautiful day.

~ ~ ~
(Inside the Inn)

Caila looked at the woman who had come to the bar and said as she scowled at Caira,

”Oh you poor girl! Come, I will help you! You are sick!”

She came around the bar to help the woman to the back room by the kitchen.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 30  Next