Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: ~ The Inn By The Side Of The Road ~
PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 11:08 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

As Caira approached the counter the traveler entered the front room. The young women had dark skin, nearly the color of dirt, midnight black hair that fell past mid back in tight curls, and lips red as rubies. "I'm Calypso," she said with a smile and a nod to the women behind the counter. "Am I mistaken as to inquire whether this inn is a place for a traveling adventurer to find a new journey?"

By the light iron mail suit, out-fitted with light leather armor, Caira would only assume this women was some sort of soldier. Though her black ebony bow suggested a less formal occupation as it was covered with golden rune markings much like those on the windows outside. Her black arrows stuck just above her quiver revealing the golden fletching but hiding the golden tips.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 11:36 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian sat next to Mariel and the change caused his head to spin. He looked down to try and stabilise his vision and he focused on her knee. The light silk gown painted itself over her thigh and he could see the lovely shape. She fidgeted and shifted as she sat, and as much as his mind wanted to reach out and tough her knee, feeling the soft Haradian silk against her, he resisted. His fingers flexed and dreamed of doing just that, but Durian looked back up as Mariel asked for him to share. He paused as he listened to her soft voice trailing away in thought before reaffirming itself. She smiled and leaned closer to him as he started to speak,

”I think … well, this…. Would you…”

Durian was truly distracted as he tried to talk. He drained his glass of wine in one long swallow and licked his lips as he closed his eyes. He opened his eyes and looked at Mariel, sitting there beautiful before him. His sea grey eyes were wide and had a bit of a blue tint to them as they peered deep into Mariel’s bright jade eyes. He unthinkingly set his hand on Mariel’s thigh as he said,

”I think I may know, or have a very good hunch, on who the sisters are, why they obtained this inn, and what they are planning. I have knowledge of some things that could break the wheels of their plan. Should that happen, I think a fair profit could be obtained for…”

Durian was surprised at what he was saying. He had not mentioned some of the variables, but he was there sitting next to a variable he had not considered before this night. He watched her tip her wine glass back and when she looked again at him, he saw a slight drop of wine slowly make its way down her lower lip. Her tongue came out and swept it up as her eyelids sagged slightly. He found his hand still on Mariel’s thigh and it has started to rub slightly, feeling the thin silk between his hand and her skin. It stopped once he realized what he was doing and he finished saying,

”…us? I could do it alone, but it would be easier to with someone. That said, much could go wrong, and I may come away with nothing, or worse.”

He took Mariel’s glass and leaned forward and sat them both on the floor. When he sat back up, his head spun and Mariel’s head came to rest on his shoulder. He leaned his head against hers and put his arm around her as he asked,

”Will you consider working with me Mariel? There could be perils many, and there could be no gain.”

He closed his eyes rememberin g she didn't seem too keen on toasting the king. As he tried to adjust how he was sitting. He felt a warmth come over him as he contemplated what her answer would be.

~ ~ ~ ~

Caira shrugged at the traveller, saying,

”Very possibly… or not. I don’t know. My great adventure has brought me here to run an inn. But there are some others here who have since retired for the night. Maybe you can ask them come morning? I have a big breakfast planned.’

Caira sipped at her wine glass and looked the woman over. She then said even though it was obvious,

”You aren’t from around here, are you.”

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 8:30 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"The Inn By the Side of the Road. How quaint."

A young man shouldered his pack and stepped towards the building with a quicker step in his pace. His shaggy black hair fell over his eyes and he pushed it back. He was due a haircut, perhaps he would sharpen his knife and saw off the offending locks. Sunken green eyes scanned the building, it looked safe. Of course, everything was safe now. The war was over and behind him, leaving the deep scars along his back. Everyone was safe and happy and so should he.

Without another hesitation, he opened the door and slipped into the Inn.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 8:43 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Caira looked over to the door as it opened and saw the somewhat shaggy man step in. Another late night visitor! Caira nodded to him and said,

"Welcome to the Inn! Please make yourself comfortable! We still have some food and there is drink, and there are still rooms if you are in need."

She said with a smile. She then took a quick look back toward the kitchen. Caira was sure she had a twin sister that was helping run this inn. Caira would go and see what became of Caila once she got the new arrivals settled.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 8:56 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Lwelyn nodded, going to the fire in a corner to warm up. Vaguely he wondered how long it would take before the keeper of the inn figured out he had nothing but the clothes on his back. The longest he had lasted at an inn was two hours.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 9:24 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Caira went into the kitchen and found Caila rummaging around in the storeroom cellar. Caira called down to her,

"Sis, we have people here, and I could use some help."

"Sorry."

Came Caila's muffled voice.

"Just got carried away digging through all this stuff down here. I'll be right up.

Caira came back out with the last of the stew, and she poured a flagon of water and set off to the fire.

"Here is some stew and some water. Don't you worry about the cost. You look like someone who will remember a good deed and will pay it forward. You can sleep here by the fire if you can't afford a room."

She said as the young mad watched the fire. Caira returned to the bar to find her sister setting dusty bottles upon it.

"We, dear sister, have a wine cellar!"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 10:22 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Lwelyn's eyes widened and he watched her leave. His eyes darted suspiciously towards the food before back at her. Cautiously, he took the bowl and cradled it in his right hand. Warmth steamed upward as he quickly ate. No one had treated him this well...since...he couldn't remember.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 1:43 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel arched a brow as she felt Durian rest his hand on her thigh and she went to remove his hand but something stopped her. For although she thought she was done with love, something about the way he looked at her made her heart start to beat anew.
As she finished the last of her wine, she felt a drop slowly slide down her lower lip, so she stuck out her tongue and tasted it before it got away. Mariel shivered and blushed as she felt his hand rub her thigh, and when he took her glass and placed them both on the floor, she started to reach out her hand to touch his back, but stopped as he sat back up and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.
Mariel sighed softly and closed her eyes as she leaned her head against his shoulder.
"Aye, I would go with you and follow you till the end, sir Durian."

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 3:28 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian looked into her eyes and his hand came up and traced down her cheek. Swaying slightly, his eyes combed slowly over her face, taking in every detail. She would freely go with him? He said in a whisper,

"Even if that end came sooner than later?"

His hand played with her hair and caressed her shoulder as he spoke as he blinked his eyes. He drew closer and he kissed her gently...

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 4:26 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel closed her eyes as he touched her face, for some reason that she could not explain, she felt safe with this man, and that was something she had not felt in a long time.
She opened her eyes to find his approaching hers and spoke quickly, shuddering as she felt his warm hand caress her bare shoulder.
"I would follow you through any end."
As her lips touched his, she closed her eyes and shifted so her body was facing his, and then she rested a hand on his chest and the other on his arm and deepened the kiss.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 6:15 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Calypso nodded to the women's response. "I suspect, then, I am in the right place. I shall need food, a small bit of wine... nothing too stout, and a room for several nights. I am quite uncertain how long my stay will be."

It was clear from the conversation that the inn keeper was not the one she was looking for, but one of the guests. Yes, perhaps one of them.

She turned as the door opened once more and a man walked in. When she turned she revealed on her back what seemed to be a leather backpack of sorts... only it was shapped like wings. An oddity to be sure, but she acted as though all was normal.

After the hostess brought out the food and drink Calypso eyes the man by the fire. Never one to be shy she walked right up to him. "Excuse me, sir," her red lips curved into a smile. "I don't suppose it would mean anything to you if I said, 'The door is open?'"

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 6:31 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"I don't suppose it would mean anything to you if I said, 'The door is open?'"

Lwelyn flinched as the woman appeared in his eyesight, but forced himself not to move again. He eyed her closely before slowly shaking his head.

"Should it?"

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 6:39 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Calypso smiled and giggled a bit to herself. "I'm sorry," she shook her head. "You must not be the person I was supposed to meet. I don't mean to bother you."

She turned back to her table in the corner, back to the wall, observing the goingons... which were not much at this point.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 7:21 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian couldn’t hold it together. He lost himself in Mariel’s deep kisses and poured even more kisses to her. It had been so long since Durian had kissed a woman. Yes, he had been with others at the taverns and inns down in Minas Tirith, but kissing was something he had always held close. As he and Mariel kissed and fell back in each other’s arms, the intensity grew. Durian’s head swam and when they broke from each other to catch their breath, Durian looked into Mariel’s eyes/ His fingers lightly pinched a lock of her hair and as he let it slide through his fingers, he brushed her cheek and whispered to her,

”We can’t… not this way… not now… “

Durian sat up and closed his eyes tightly. He wiped away the wetness that had squeezed out of their corners. When Mariel sat up next to him, he looked at her and said,

”When I came here with the wine, my intention was to make for a comfortable night for myself. Remembering you from the Silver Bark, I thought this would be an easy thing to do. But this didn’t go the way I thought when I walked in the door.”

Durian stood and walked over to the table, he turned around to see Mariel sitting there looking at him. He walked back over to her and took her hands and she stood before him. Like someone thrown into a lake for the first time and they struggle to swim, Durian dove headlong into her sea green eyes and held her close. He said in a whisper into her ear as he buried his face into her hair,

”Instead, I became interested in you. I wanted to know your life, and why you are here. The more we talked the more I wanted to know you.”

He could feel Mariel tremble slightly in his arms as he caressed her hair and her back. He said in an even softer whisper,

”You went from someone I had only considered for one thing, to someone who has … who is… who …”

Durian struggle to express how Mariel made him feel. He slid his head back and cupped her head in his hands and looked longingly into her beautiful eyes.

”You have raised up in me something I had not felt in a long time Mariel. We are drunk, and I will not take advantage of you in this way. It would not be right for me to stay here with you tonight”

Durian sighed, for he felt he was falling in love with this woman who he had just met.

~ ~ ~ ~

Caira said to her sister as she looked at the dusty wine bottles on the bar,

”You see to this place for a bit, I need a break.”

As Caila leaned on the bar and examined the wine bottles she had found, Caira went into the kitchen and out the back door. She went to the well and drew up some fresh water and drank it. She looked up and watched the clouds race past the near full moon, and smiled.

’Nobody will ever know’ she thought to herself as her hand fingered the hilt of her knife on her belt. She looked at the wall of the inn, and could see the lamp flicker through the paper of room four. The others seemed to be dark. She considered moving closer to the lit window, for she could hear voices and other movement coming from the room. She couldn’t hear what was said though, and her curiousity started to get the better of her. Once they had the windows installed, she would not have this opportunity. Just as she started to take a step, a hand grabbed her arm and she spun around. He knife was out and at the throat of the dark shadow of a man. She let out a sigh and slapped him on the arm with her free hand and said,

”Corian!”

She wrapped her arms around him and gave him a kiss. He hugged her and asked,

”Where’s your sister?”

“Inside bartending. She has no idea. She loves this place.”

Caira said as she gave him a kiss again. Carion said,

”Good, keep it that way.” Caira then said,

”We need to be quiet. There is a couple in that room making it and wouldn’t want to disturb them. Come to the stables with me!”

She pulled Corian’s hand but he broke free.

”I can’t, I need to get back to Bree. I just came to warn you. I heard talk at the Prancing Pony. Some Rangers may be coming this way. Be wary, and make sure your sister doesn’t do anything stupid with them.”

He gave her a kiss and ran out across the road into the darkness. There he mounted up his horse and made speed back to Bree.

Last edited by Hanasian on March 15th, 2017, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 10:52 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Just behind the inn where Caira and Corian met there was a lrge hill that went ever upwards to large platue where sat several old ruins in sunken wholes and dips in the ground. The moon shone bright that night and atop the hill was a figure, if one had the attention to notice it. Not the figire of a man, or an elf... or even a dwarf. It was the figure of a beast. Wolf like, only much larger. It stalked and paced atop the hill and even in the darkness one could tell it's attention was turned towards the inn below. Once in a while, with the moon just right, the beast's eyes would gleam an ice blue reflection until finally it sat, then lay. It did not sleep, however, but kept it's eyes fixed on the building below.

PostPosted: March 15th, 2017, 7:36 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Lwelyn sat by the fire, his dark eyes watching the flames. A cold sick feeling settled into his gut and he looked around. No one else seemed afraid, then again, no one else could see his nightmares. Shivering, he crept closer to the fire and tried to banish the past.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 30  Next