Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: ~Adventures From The Roadhouse ~
PostPosted: November 18th, 2017, 4:28 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

OOC: Yeah I understand busy. Hope all is well with Moyer. I have to say I don't get on here enough despite my best intentions, and so end up having to read back to regain my knowledge on the story. We can let it rest.)

Dauwna watched the fire burn but was silent. Feigning sleep, when she thought Durian and Tali and Will were asleep, she arose and went out to watch the stars. Returning when the fire had burned low, she set a log on it and returned to lay down with Tali as she was shivering. It was not until the light of the early morning did they stir. Dauwna got up and said as she dug out the last of her dried fruit,
"It is good we will have most of this day here in Bree. I have a few people to find when I get there, but I am guessing we will be staying at the Prancing Pony?"
Dauwna wasted no time getting ready. When she mounted her horse, she helped Tali up, and Durian and Will were ready as well, and they rode off to be able to get to the inn before they ended breakfast service.

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2017, 2:14 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

They gained the gate just as the morning watch came on duty. They had little trouble entering, and they made their way to the Prancing Pony. The common room was still quite empty, so Durian talked to the innkeeper and secured two rooms and four breakfasts. The four went and sat by the window that looked to the street, and Tali seemed to keep watch out of it, Will listened to the sounds and voices in the common room. Durian said to Dauwna, Will, and Tali,

"Well, here we are... Bree. It is a long way to Gondor, so I suggest we rest up here before we set out south."

The barmaid came over with a steaming teapot and four cups, with some sugar and milk on the side. It smelled good.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 8th, 2018, 11:26 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"What can we contribute to the journey?" Tali asked. "I don't want to be a burden the entire journey. We can't even pay you back..." She trailed off as the tea arrived. "I can hunt," she continued. "Or cook."

Will listened intently to the different conversations around the room. Every now and then he would listen closer to one particular one. People interested him and he wondered what they all looked like. He could tell by the different dialects or speech patterns if they were dwarven, men, or hobbit, but there was always a piece missing.

Glad to be back! Happy New Year!

PostPosted: January 9th, 2018, 8:59 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian ate the eggs and cheese with the bread he had gotten, and said to Tali,

"Have some. Don't worry. You and your brother will be well cared for under my watch."

He silently signalled a grey cloaked man sitting not far away, knowing that Will could pick up even the slightest sounds. Durian considered Will's skills, and thought he would be a needed asset in their company. But he would have to talk with the others first. Until then, he made a promise to these kids, adn he would see it through if he could.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 11th, 2018, 5:20 am 
Elf
Elf

Elora watched at a distant. Cloaked. Disguised. For such measures were required now, in this place and time.

She made no movement, no noise that might draw attention. Should she meddle, Elora wondered. That had been a time when she would have described that course of action as intervening. Or even helping. that was then. This was now and the Guardian of Arda continued her observation.

Far to the south, Sauron was missing. She could not sense her brother's former agent any more but what did that mean in truth? Sauron was almost as treacherous as her brother was. Then there were Istari to consider, at least two on this side of the Mountains. Where the other two were was not her task to track down. She sipped at her tea, appearing as no more than a mortal woman. Age indeterminable. Just another woman with amber curling hair concealed under the scarf wrapped around her head and green eyes. No more. No less.

Last edited by Elora Starsong on January 24th, 2018, 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: January 19th, 2018, 7:44 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Barliman came over and saw how much Will was eating and said,

"My, you have an appetite, but I have sons and know how they eat. Let me get you more stew."

he said before looking at Tali. He looked at Durian who seemed to be asleep, but Barilman knew that them Rangers never really slept. Looking back at Tali, he said,

"Missy, you look old enough to be able to work tables. Unless you're moving on soon, I can give you a job doing that, or in the kitchen if you prefer."

Durian didn't move, but he spoke, asking Barliman,

"What day is this?"

"Why it's coming near March, a year after that nasty war was done and the old tale came true. We have a King again, but he has yet to do much for us up here."

Durian pondered the months since he left Minas Tirith. He drew back his hgood and looked at Will, then Tali. He said,

We are on our way to Minas Tirith, but we may stay for a couple weeks, for the spring rains and snowmelt wil make the crossing at Tharbad quite dangerous and well nigh impossible. Yes, we will stay two weeks. That should be enough time. Tali, if you wish to work that time, it is up to you."

Durian sighed. They were going to call it the 4th Age, year one on March 25th, the day the Dark Lord was destroyed.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 4th, 2018, 7:13 am 
Elf
Elf

Elora decided there was little to bothered with at this place, rose from her table, and quit the inn. There was no need for her here.

PostPosted: February 11th, 2018, 11:44 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"Missy, you look old enough to be able to work tables. Unless you're moving on soon, I can give you a job doing that, or in the kitchen if you prefer."

Tali glanced up surprised and while she was stammering and trying to figure out how to respond, the Ranger Durian spoke.

We are on our way to Minas Tirith, but we may stay for a couple weeks, for the spring rains and snowmelt wil make the crossing at Tharbad quite dangerous and well nigh impossible. Yes, we will stay two weeks. That should be enough time. Tali, if you wish to work that time, it is up to you."

She had wanted to be useful, maybe this was it. Taking a deep breath and glancing at Will, who always reminded her she needed to be strong for someone, she nodded.

"Yes sir," she replied. "I think I'd like to work, while I can, for you."

Will listened to his sister's conversation, before turning his attention back to the rest of the inn. It was hard to discern single conversations from the buzz of voices surrounding him. But his time in the Wilds had taught him to single out a noise, though it was a little more difficult in a crowd of people. His head turned slightly as he heard soft footsteps leave the inn. They were probably a woman's since they sounded like his sister's own steps.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2024, 12:45 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

If anyone sees this, know that there is a Middle Earth Roleplaying group here:

RP Repository

The site is safe, secure, and actively moderated.
Look forward to seeing anyone into Middle Earth roleplaying there!

Profile       WWW