Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Music of the Midgewater
PostPosted: May 17th, 2017, 12:14 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel looked back over her shoulder as Calypso spoke, then she turned and walked over to her. She stopped as she heard the gruff voice of Thudpaw tell them of the danger nearby.
"I would be lying if I said that I didn't want to leave these caves...I'm ready whenever you are."

PostPosted: May 17th, 2017, 7:21 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Calypso nodded and followed Thudpaw back the way they came. A short while later a growl and a pounce dispatched a young spider too foolish to hide and sent the rest of them scurrying away. There was something about the dead spiders already littering the walkway that made the ones left quite uneasy about attacking.

When they got to the top Calypso stepped outside and looked around cautiously, her hand on her weapon. When she determined the coast was clear, for the time being, she turned back to Durian and Mariel. "Thank you for helping Tim, this meant a great deal to him."

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 8:14 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

So there were those who called the glazier Tim. Durian must have missed learning his name. He was also unsure what all had taken place here. He did know that it meant a lot to Mariel. Durian gave a nod to Calypso after she spoke. He was ready to get out of there.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 10:47 am 
Ent
Ent

Mariel picked up the hem of her dress and followed behind Calypso as she led them back into the darkness of the tunnel. Although she couldn't see Calypso or anything around her, somehow she felt comfort. Perhaps it was from the fact that she had vowed to herself that she would change the outcome in her vision. Or perhaps it was because she knew that Durian followed closely behind her.
Whatever the reason she was glad, for she would much rather be calm than be fearful.
"Calypso?"
She spoke in a soft voice.
"Why don't you hum like Timothy did? Maybe your mark will light up...or something..."

PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 6:30 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Calypso paused her steps for a brief moment. "Um... I'm afraid I'm not too keen on singing..." Calypso said shyly. "Besides I can see fine, just follow me and you've got nothing to worry about." Calypso had the ability to see in these dark underground caverns, a gift from her mother's side of the family who were all cave dwellers... of sorts. Sometimes she forgot how blind humans were when you removed all light.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 7:23 pm 
Ent
Ent

"Okay...."
Mariel said in exasperation. She literally couldn't see her hand, even though it was right in front of her face.
"Look, I can't see anything. There has to be some way to get your mark to glow."
The moment she finished speaking, she stubbed her toe on a rock and stumbled forward.
"Ugh! Look, if you won't sing, then...then maybe I can sing!"

PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 9:52 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Calypso paused, feeling Mariel bump into her from behind. "I don't think your singing will get my mark to glow," Calypso told her. "But it might make this glow if you hold it." She extended a hand with the small crystal Tim had brought. Remembering Mariel could see nothing she took her hand and placed the crystal in her palm.

PostPosted: May 20th, 2017, 10:50 am 
Ent
Ent

Mariel gasped and jumped as she felt Calypso grab her hand and place a crystal into her palm. Although the crystal was large, it felt quite light, even when she extended her arm out, it did not weigh her down.
"Alright. I...I suppose I'll sing now."
Butterflies filled her stomach at the prospect of singing, but she cleared her throat and began.
Her voice was soft and the tune she sang was an old song her brother would sing to her before going to bed. As she continued to sing, Mariel saw the crystal begin to glow, so she raised her voice and sang with more confidence.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2017, 6:55 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Calypso smiled aoftly as the light began to glow. She turned and walked onwards until they exited the tunnel. Once they were above ground Calypso said, "I guess this is where we all part ways."

PostPosted: May 24th, 2017, 6:44 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian was glad to be out of there. Even though he had walked the Paths of the Dead with Aragorn, this was all together different. Mariel was in tune with the glazier and was deeply affected. He himself was unsure what sorcery he had witnessed, but the fresh stench of the Midgewater was likely the only time he could remember that it was welcome. The only redeeming thing he got out of this was that it got him out of the forsaken inn before all his brethren rangers arrived. Now, to get on to the business of finding out who exactly Caila and Caira really are. He stood and waved at Claypso as he rested on a stone.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 26th, 2017, 12:44 am 
Ent
Ent

Although she is glad to be out of the cave, she looks at Calypso and even her Warg with a newfound fondness.
"Yes, I believe it is. But before you go....I want to thank you...for protecting us and going with me. Perhaps our paths will cross sometime soon?"

PostPosted: May 28th, 2017, 3:42 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Calypso smiled and tipped her head. "It was my pleasure. Perhpas we will." With that she reached behind her back and adjusted a strap on what appeared to be her leather pack that was oddly shaped like wings. Quite unexpectedly, though, leathery wings such as a morroval of Angmar would have. With a strong flap of her wings she lifted into the air and flew off into the distance, Thudpaw the warg running along beneath.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2017, 4:48 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel smiled and dipped her head towards Calypso and she began to turn to walk towards Durian when suddenly Calypso sprouted wings began to fly. Mariel's eyes widened in disbelief as she watched the warrior and her Warg go off into the distance, then she turned back and walked to Durian.
As she met Durian, she suddenly was overcome with emotion and she wrapped her arms around him and kissed him fiercely.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2017, 11:25 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Well, that concludes my ideas for this RP!

:D Thanks for entertaining my odd ideas in this little tale.

PostPosted: May 31st, 2017, 9:37 pm 
Ent
Ent

:) <3

PostPosted: February 17th, 2023, 7:32 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Oh, I'd love to live in London, and as for the fictional place, I'd just choose Hogsmeade because I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter books. And I can say that the producers did a great job with the adaptation of the books, I still have all the soundtracks downloaded with Tubidy. I believe that London has a pretty mysterious atmosphere already, and it's pretty calm, so I'll definitely think about moving there some day.