Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: In the Beginning...
PostPosted: August 20th, 2005, 7:05 pm 

This rp is set in Valinor, when the light of the Two Trees still lit Arda. Your charry can be a Valar (Tolkien made or your own) Maiar, and Elves. All magical powers are allowed and encouraged. Have as much fun as you want! My charry is

Name: Valadhwen
Race: Valar
Parents: Manwe and Varda
History: to be made in this rp...

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 31st, 2005, 12:37 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Name: Sillire

Race: Maia (of Varda's company)

Description: When in bodily form, she seems to whitely glitter like starlight, and like stars her eyes shine; yet dark as night's shadows is her hair. Casting off her physical raiment, however, her spirit is like a naked flame more brilliant than the heavens...

Gifts/Talents: Singing in unearthly voice

(i've got to go now, but maybe i'll star the rp-ing in the next post, or maybe someone else will! :bounce: )

Resident Elvengoth

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 1st, 2005, 12:24 pm 

Thanks for joining... I was hoping to get a few more ppl before we start... but if you want to you can start now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 1st, 2005, 8:40 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

I don't really know too much about that time. I still haven't finished the Silmarillion, but if you wouldn't mind could I join anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 1st, 2005, 9:06 pm 

Sure! You are most welcome! :-D You don't have to know a whole lot... If you've started the Silmarillion then you're good to go!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 1st, 2005, 9:12 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Lithoniel wrote:
Thanks for joining... I was hoping to get a few more ppl before we start... but if you want to you can start now...

Oh, that's fine then. ;) I didn't know.
Also, you're welcome! :D
Btw, in the my previous post i meant start, not star... :annoyed2:

Resident Elvengoth

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2005, 4:06 pm 

EarielMaurwen wrote:
Lithoniel wrote:

Oh, that's fine then. ;) I didn't know.
Also, you're welcome! :D
Btw, in the my previous post i meant start, not star... :annoyed2:

Hee hee... I didn't even notice your mistake... oh well... :-D hmmm... We can start now though...

Valadhwen walked through the gardens of Yavanna. She mindlessly wandered around just as the time of the two lights was beginning. Then when the two became one silver light she was jolted back to reality and ran back towards Taniquetil (sp?) and thought 'If I am late, Ada will be furious!' she decided she had better fly if she was going to be on time so she slowly lifted into the air and pushed herself towards the Halls of Manwe. In a flash she was there she hurried to make herself presentable and then went into the feast...

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2005, 9:20 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Sillire wandered, half dancing, through her Lady's lofty halls, watching the guests arrive. Although Laurelin was beautiful beyond song, she loved best this time when Telperion shone. Airily flitting about, she caught sight of Lady Valadhwen, the daughter of Manwe and Varda, whom she knew by sight but not well. Deciding to become better aquainted in this time of festival with the Valarin princess, Sillire approached her, calling, "Hail, my Lady! How fare you in this day of joy?"

Resident Elvengoth

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2005, 11:08 pm 

"Oh hello, I am wonderful!... I'm sorry but I don't seem to remember your name..." Valadhwen said then she giggled nervously. Sillire told Valadhwen her name, "Well Sillire, would you like to sit next to me during the feast? Ada said I could choose someone to sit by me but so far I have found no one who wouldn't be an annoyance to me... But I like your look, come we shall talk more during the feast" She said then she took Sillire's hand and led her into the feasting hall....

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2005, 1:06 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Oh, thank you!" Sillire replied as Valadhwen drew her on. "I would love to come to know you better, as I am one of the folk of your mother, Lady Varda. And I am honoured that you chose me to sit with you at the feast!"
The Queen was standing near the head of the table. Catching sight of her daughter and Sillire, she nodded approvingly. King Manwe caught sight of her motion, followed his wife's gaze, and broke into a grin. Evidently he was amused that the one Valadhwen chose to sit with her was someone so closely related to her as one of Varda's maidens! It was a good kind of humour, though, as if something unlikely but wonderful had happened.

Resident Elvengoth

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2005, 11:09 am 
Maia
Maia

Name: Maltheniel
Race: Valar
Parents:Aule and Yavanna/Kementari
Gifts/Talents: can call all earthly things to her command, lover of earth (all come from her mother)greatest talnet is the playing of the harp and singing with it.
Description:when in bodily form:Like her name she has hair like a golden cascade, she has a pale skin and usually dresses in light green colors, with golden trims to match her eager, knowing, and brilliant eyes, much like the ones of her mother.

She looked around the grand hall amazed, this was to be a feast indeed! She waited outside though, not wanting to go in, she loved to wait and gaze at the sky as Telperion and Laurelin made there turns. She soon realized that she was late! She hurried inside and sat herself at the far end of a long table where her older sister Yavier had saved her a seat. She scolded her quietely, and the feast began. She looked in front of her and recognized Lady Valadwhen, she was deeply in conversation with another beautiful bieng whom she did not know the name. She longed to become part of seeing as her sister had left the table to wander outside who-knows-where.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2005, 4:58 pm 

Valadhwen grinned at her parents, and sat down with her new friend. They were served their food and she started eating as soon as her parents began the feast. There was yave, masta, sava, miruvore, and her favorite drink, limpe. She looked over at Sillire to make sure that she had enough to eat and looked like she was enjoying herself.
Valadhwen looked over at her mother and their eyes met, Varda told her without speaking to be careful with her food for she wouldn't want to spoil her new gown which was of silver and cream cloth. Valadhwen nodded in reply, she had not yet mastered the art of speaking with minds. She thought of her attempts but she could not yet control her powers and usually heard everyone's thoughts at once, which became very noisy and loud.
Everyone settled down to watch Nessa dance, all was hushed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2005, 6:03 pm 
Maia
Maia

Maltheniel soon forgot her boredom as Nessa began to dance. It did not seem as if she was dancing it was an unearthly movment, as if she was flowing around a breeze. It was silenced, so silenced that you could hear the footsteps of someone entering the hall. She turned around to see who it was. She was amazed by what she saw, a prince, of course, but who? He did not seem familiar and had an almost dead look to his face. He entered and some of the others also began to notice.

Last edited by Ms.Gamgee on September 4th, 2005, 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2005, 6:10 pm 

Valadhwen quickly turned her head to see this newcomer, he looked ill. She stood to greet him, following the example of her parents. Then everyone else rose. He walked up to Manwe's throne and bowed, everyone waited in anticipation to see what he would say...

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2005, 7:09 pm 
Maia
Maia

After bowing, the newcomer began to talk, it was inaudible what he was saying, but it was apparent that it had greatly shocked Manwe and Varda, her own mother looked shocked as well. "Lady Valadwhen, dost thou know what has happened?" she asked quietly.

Last edited by Ms.Gamgee on September 4th, 2005, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2005, 8:40 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Sillire listened in silence, watching her Lady and the King converse in low tones with the stranger. As of yet she could not feel fear or dread--only wait for the doom that would fall. She saw the shock in Varda's face, and when the Queen asked her daughter if she knew these tidings, Sillire's head, along with every other, turned to Valadhwen.

Resident Elvengoth