Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lord of the Rings- The 4th age. A child's plea for help..
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 11:13 am 

The Friesian mare ran as fast as her hooves could carry her. Amongst her back was a small child that was Elf. Blood was splattered upon the mare's chest. Her auds were pinned back as she heard the snarls of the isenguard wolves behind her. Off in the distance she could see Gondor. She had to get this child there for safety.

The child's name was Anmare. She was only ten years of age; but why was she left behind when the other elves had left for the west shores of haven? One would never know. The child was outcold; crimson liquid slightly seeped from the corner of her lips. Her brown hair swayed this way and that as she kept upon the mare's back. She had a cloak that seemed to be too large for her that was wrapped around her lightly. Her cheeks were a slight red, but were now a bit pale. If and when she opened her eyes, one would see thaty they were of two colors; one of green whilst the other a light blue.

The mare ran hard and fast; swift as lightning she was. She galloped forth to the gates of Gondor, watching as the gates were slowly being lowered. She golloped across with ease and halted; looking back and watching as the gate was being lifted again before the wolves could even come near. A few guards came around; though, she angrily snapped at them, not knowing if she should trust them with the child or not.

There had been a guard watching this; who was now running off to seen Lord Aragorn and Lady Arwen. Once in the royal keep, he knelt down. "My Lord and Lady, there has been an arrival of a child who was being chased by Isenguard wolves. The mare the child had came upon will not let any of the guards go near to give aid to the elven child."

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 12:20 pm 
Istari
Istari

Dionysus walked slowly to the horse shushing it but was snapped at by it. He had to get to the child quickly, she needed help. He tried again and got close enough to place a hand on the horse's neck. The horse stopped rearing it's head and finaly got close enough to check the child's neck for any signs of life. She was warm with life but it felt as thought she was getting colder by the second.
"Can you hear me? Hello?"
He got no response and walked closer to the beast and slowly took the child from the horse.
"Take the horse to the stables quickly."
He cradled the child in arms to the nearest healing ward and laid her on a bed. He looked at her as he knelt next to the bed. The healers began doing the best to examin the wounds suffered, the soldier continued looking at the child. Something about her made him care for her.

[!*#_:]

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 3:56 pm 

I heard some men shouting and a horse's neighing, but I didn't think anything of it until they brought the elven child into the Houses of Healing
"Gwen" Thara said to me "We will need your skills. The child is very sick"
I knelt next to the girl, she was beautiful even in her dire state, 3 other healers and I worked quickly, there wasn't much time, but soon she was breathing regularly and a little color came back to her cheeks.
"Take her to a room." I said, then I followed them and made her comfortable. She relaxed and slept. I sat by her bed watching her, and keeping her cool by wiping her forehead with a wet cloth.
I talked to her, telling her tales of Gondor, telling her she needed to live. After a many hours Thara came and said "Go and rest I will watch the elf child for a while"
"Thank you" I said and reluctantly I left, I walked down the hall a little bit and fell asleep on a cot in the healers room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 4:28 pm 
Istari
Istari

Dionysus had left the healers to work and was ordered back to his post on the city walls. After his shift he would travel to the healers house to check up on the small elven child. He walked in and saw one of the healers sleeping. He thought it best to leave her be but was told to go away when he tried enter the room the small child was in.
He walked back down the hall and went to see the healer sleeping. He took hold of the blanket that was slipping off and pulled it further up so it covered her fully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 4:52 pm 

I was startled and awoke to see Dionysus standing over me. I blushed.. a little ashamed that I was sleeping when there was a patient to tend to.
"Ahh.... Dionysus, you startled me! Have you come to see the elven child?
I can take you to her if you wish...." My voice trailed of as I saw his worried face "She is healing nicely. She will be fine once she regains her strength" I stood and motioned to the door...

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 4:53 pm 
Istari
Istari

He blushed slightly.
"I never ment to wake you my lady. I just thought you looked cold."
He walked over to her.
"Indeed i wish to see the child."
He let her lead the way as they walked towards the room with the small elf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 5:20 pm 

I walked into the little elf's room with Dionysus following me, I must confess his anxiety over this little one touched me... Thara left as we walked in.
We sat down on her bed I said "Come little one, wake up. You have a visitor." I laid my hand on her shoulder. She moved a little. I turned to Dionysus and said "She is doing better but she hasn't woken since you brought her to us" As I said this her eyes fluttered open. She looked frightened. "It's alright little one, we will not harm you. You are in the realm of Gondor." she seemed to understand and relaxed a little....

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2005, 10:44 pm 

[font=Dauphin, serif]Anmare looked to the others. She was nay scared at all. She sadly looked at them before slowly looking away. The last thing she rememberd was her mother's scream and her father's shouts; both who had tried to keep the wargs away from her. She knew well what had happened to them, and whished not to think of it any longer. Tears slowly formed in the corners of her eyes. She wanted to be back in her parent's arms again; though, only knew she could never do that again.[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2005, 11:31 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Elenanna ran silently through the halls. The daughter of Galadriel and Celeborn had just returned from Ithilen, and upon her arrival, had been told to meet with her great-nephew. He told her that a young elf-child had been found, and asked her to watch over the elven child. She, of course, had willingly obeyed without question.

She slowed down as she came to the room, and pulled her cloak off. revealing the silver-grey gown she wore. Her normal attire had been torn when she had fought two wargs on her way to Minas Tirith, and after she had chased the wargs away, she had found the dress, and had changed into it. Her sword, crafted by elven smiths, rested at her side, along with a dagger, given to her by her sister, Falathiel Lothenedhel.

She wallked into the room, and looked at the elf-child, before leaning on the wall.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2005, 1:44 pm 
Istari
Istari

Dionysus' head turned quickly to see an elf with a sword. He drew his own not knowing of her intentions.
"Who are you and what do you want?!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2005, 2:48 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

She didn't look at him until after she replied, "Lady Elenanna Lothenedhel, child of Lothlorien's Lord and Lady." Her silver eyes stared at the man.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2005, 5:57 pm 

I recognized the elf from King Aragorn's coronation and said "Dionysus, put that away! She is a friend and kin to our Queen!" Then I turned to the child and saw her tears "Oh darling don't cry, there's no need to fear." Then I saw that it was not fear in her eyes but sorrow. I instinctively took her in my arms and rocked back and forth, much as I had done for my baby sister when we were young, the memories of my lost sister brought tears to my eyes and for a moment there was no one else there but the child and I. Then the child squirmed and I realized that my comforting may not be welcome, I let her go then, seeing that the elf had come to care for her, I quickly ran out of the room with tears streaming down my face. I passed Thara in the hallway and heard her say "Gwenara, What's the matter??" but I kept running...

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2005, 6:18 am 
Istari
Istari

Dionysus sheathed his sword and bowed.
"Appologies my lady"
He watched the healer leave and raised a brow. He looked to the elf.
"Do you know this child?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2005, 9:50 am 
Balrog
Balrog

She shook her head, staying silent as she watched the elf-child.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2005, 7:21 am 
Istari
Istari

"Well if you do not know her then what is your business with her?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2005, 10:05 am 

I sat in a corner, crying softly, when Thara came "Oh dear, what is wrong?" "I miss my sister" I sobbed "Oh darling, I'm sure she will be found someday..." her voice trailed off... "Come we must go..."