Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mirkwood-The Deep Wood
PostPosted: August 12th, 2005, 12:49 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

this is an rp that takes place in Mirkwood before the war of the ring, and when the forest is still an evil place (but without Sauron, hes gone). a force has gathered to try and drive the remaining evil out for good.

Name: Kiara

Race: Elven huntress

History: she has lived most her life in Mirkwood, but has traveld all of Middle-Earth. her twin sister, Skylara, is living in Rivendell, ut they still keep contact. they know nothing of their childhood or parents for it was wiped from thier minds when they were young.

appearance: She wear mostly black traveling clothes, had short unruely black hair and emerald eyes. she is small, light and quick, with dark skin, unlike the fair kind she lives with. (her sister Skylara looks exactly like her and they are impossible to tell apart)

Weapons: a recurve tied to her quiver on her back, her rapier sword at her waist and several concealed daggers

Powers: She has some magical abilities, wich makes her think one of her parents was part wizard. she is telekinectic and has supernatural healing powers. Skylarahas some elemental skill.

Other: she has never fell in love, though Skylara fell in love once (thats over) and Kiara never tried to hard.
The have a pet eagle they use to send messages to one another.

Kiara sat very still. she was in a deep meditation and didnt want to move, but she knew she must. a gathering in the palace was to take place, and she must attend. with a great effort she awoke and gathered her things silently. she wished her sister was here to help, but that would not happen. pushing it from her mind she set off to the meeting.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 12th, 2005, 11:33 pm 

Name: Aranelwen

Race: Elven Woodmaiden

History: Born and raised in Mirkwood, Her parents Maeron and Caladwen are "peasant" Woodelves, she has recently taken a postition as a serving maid for the Queen of Mirkwood

Appearance: Is a noble looking elf inspite of her base birth, wears the clothing of her station.

Weapons: A bow and arrows (she was taught archery by her father) And a short sword given to her by her mother on her 1,000 (coming of age) birthday.

Powers: Healing, (she was taught herblore by a wise she elf)

Other: Because of her great beauty she has been sought by many noble elves but has turned all away because of her childhood love for an elf that shall remain unnamed.

The palace was all a bustle in preparation for the great gathering, Aranelwen was kept busy seeing that her mistress wanted nothing and running any errands the Queen would have for her. At midday she helped serve the meal then went to the kitchen to have her own dinner.
"Had a hard day have ye?" asked the cook
"Aye" she replied " and a long one at that... I can hardly wait till nightfall, I shall rest and forget that there is any such thing as toil" They both laughed as Aranelwen finished her meal and went to attend to the Queen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 9:05 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

((Raspberry...))

Name: Corwin

Description: A common man with common clothing. He wears a green tunic with a brown traveling cape. His baggy pants are brown, as are his boots. He carries a longblade upon his back and a small knapsack slung from his shoulder.

The forest of Mirkwood seemed to bend around Corwin as he made his way along the narrow path. He suppressed a shudder. These trees had faces, faces marred with an evil power. Here and there a few patches of weak sunlight managed to pierce the thick canopy overheard. Coming to a large tree beside the path, Corwin placed his hands upon a branch and hoisted himself upward. It is time to see where I am He quickly scampered up through the thick branches. Soon his head pierced the topmost foliage and he beheld a sea of green turned gold in the sunshine. Up here Mirkwood seemed as it once had. Another jewel dimmed by the evil that began with Morgoth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2005, 3:09 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

She walked along silently, snatching at berries for her meager meal. she didnt know why she had stopped eating very much, for now she was sustained with a small bowl a food a day. she shook her head stil pondering.

as she passed a tree it russled. moving at once into a fighter stance she looked up, only to see a man. "oy! what are you doing?" she called, sensing no danger.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2005, 5:52 pm 
Elf
Elf

Trap wonder the woods. Galloping his horse."Come on loder." He Said. He dismounted. Putting Loder back into the stables. He walked back to the gardens. Siting down.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 27th, 2005, 12:33 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

She shook her head when he didnt answer. [i]ah well, ill see him at the meeting anyway. she walked ack to the city, but instead of heading into the halls, she took a deture to the gardens. she always loved visiting them. she had never seen such an enchanting riot of colour and beauty. she leaned against a small elm, its branches making the perfect arc to let someone rest in. the soft wood cradled her, and she felt peaceful. but then she saw someone else in the garden too. someone she had never seen. years of fighting made her move into a defense position by habit. she waited, wondering if he had seen her.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2005, 10:58 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Corwin, lost in the majesty of the moment, managed to lose his footing a few minutes after the strange voice called him. "Aiiiii!" He called falling the 10 feet to the ground. He hit the ground with a solid thud. I can kill orcs. I just can't survive these blasted trees! Dusting himself off, he looked toward where the city lay. "May as well..." He said to himself and he started off in that direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 30th, 2005, 12:12 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Name: Alalmiel Lindelote

Descripton: Young for an Elf, she still carries a lightheartedness and innocence, though she can be mature beyond her years as well. Her hair, flowing to below the waist, is dark brown, and her robe is a deep, shimmering green. Her skin is pale, and her eyes are grey, and look as if starlight plays in them. Usually she has a woodland flower behind her ear.

Talents/Gifts: She is a muscician [spelling?] for the court--she plays the flute and the lyre, and she loves to sing.

[i]Alalmiel wandered through the woods, lost in dreams. Turning in thought to the gathering that evening, she started humming the first lines of the music that she would play for them. An aincent Elvish Saga it was, telling of Luthien Tinuviel and Beren Erchamion. Alalmiel loved to sing the stories of the Elder Days.
Suddenly, something came down with a crash out of a nearby tree. When she turned to look, the Elf maiden saw that it was a man of ordinary appearance--at least, in countries where Men dwelt. "Is he here for the gathering, then?" she wondered. He started off in the direction of the city. Curious, she followed, and soon caught up with him.
"Well met, Stranger," she addressed him. "What brings you to the Forest?"

Resident Elvengoth

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 1st, 2005, 11:32 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

can i join?

Name: Thaver or Thav for shor

Race: Elven

Age: I dont know, but hes young for an elf. Any sudgestions?

History: Bassically he was born in mirkwood and has fought in many battles.

:explode: i love that!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2005, 12:04 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Welcome to the board, Thaver! :) I like your avi. ;) Young for an Elf might be...1200 or something?)

Resident Elvengoth

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2005, 12:33 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

He turned to her and bowed. "My lady, I but travel east across the forest. I am known by few in these parts. Lake Town is my destination."

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2005, 11:19 pm 

Aranelwen finished her chores and saw to it that the Queen was comfortably situated in her sleeping chambers. Then she slipped out to the gardens and wandered around, forgetting all her duties, for a moment she had no responsibilities, no worries about her parents and no cares. Then she saw two figures, a figure of a she elf leaning against a tree and another figure which she could not make out, she stopped and ducked behind a tree to watch and listen...

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2005, 12:41 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Ah," Alalmiel replied, not noticing that anyone else was there. She curtsied in return. "I am called Alalmiel Lindelote. Before you told me of the path you take, I had thought perhaps you came in answer to the summons to the great gathering which is to take place here, to drive out the evil in the Forest, for i have heard rumours that other folk than Elves are to be there. If you wish, come with me, and meet our King. We have need of all who will help us, though i by know means wish to delay you from your journey."

Resident Elvengoth

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 6th, 2005, 10:54 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

She knew her disguies [sp] was ruined, so she moved out into the open, survaying the group. bowing to all she said to them a large "Is everyone here for the council?"

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2005, 3:03 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

"Elves..." Indeed... Corwin thought. "My journey is of no importance. I will gladly accompany you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 12th, 2005, 12:17 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Thank you," Alalmiel smiled, pleasantly taken aback. She had not thought this man would so readily choose to accompany her.
"Then let me lead you to our dwelling. I believe the council has already started...which means I'm late," she added ruefully.

(Btw it's your turn to reply in War of the Jewels, Corwin. :blush: :bye2: )

Resident Elvengoth