Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The return from darkness...
PostPosted: August 13th, 2005, 11:32 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Location: South Africa, the bottom end of nowhere important...

*The cries of orcs left far behind, the lone warrior pressed on. 'Perfect place for a patrol.' Sen thought, ducking left to avoid a branch. His black armor scarred, and his cloak in tatters, he bore the signs of a recent battle. In fact, he had passed through several, emerging from deep inside Mordor, bringing word for Gondor. He had passed the black gate earlier that day. He smiled at the memory; the incoming haradrim did not quite expect to meet an enemy from the inside of Mordor; as the Black Gates opened, Sen sprinted out, bowling the front rank over. He did not cause many casualties; his soul purpose was to escape, not to fight and possibly die at the hands of over three hundred of the servants of Sauron. His smile faded, as he caught sight of the broken remains of Osgiliath. War was evident everywhere, and Osgiliath bore withness to that. He hoped he could pass by the orc sentries on this side of the river unnoticed, and as he faded into the shaddows of the ruins, he began to slow and move more stealthily, as if he was a silent wind that chills to the bone...*

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2005, 12:21 am 

*From around the corner a tall she elf stepped, dressed in garb not fit for battle still she had a sword in hand and looked ready to fight. she saw the stranger and eyed him warily, from behind her skirts peered two little human child faces, she asked in a hushed suspicious voice* Who art thou and where art thou going? If you mean to harm us then begone before I..." *she stopped as she saw his tattered armor, then she heard orc voices, she grabbed the children and ducked into a nearby cave.*

Post subject: Meetings...
PostPosted: August 14th, 2005, 12:38 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

*Sen was about to reply that he meant no harm, and that he only wished to deliver a message, when he heard the orc cries. 'Great.' he thought. 'She has brought them down upon us all.' He observed her and the small children, running into the cave, and he took out his swords. A band of about ten orcs, a small patrol, rounded the corner, making a rucus as they went.*
There's the human! You thought you would be able to escape the lord Sauron! Ha! We will feast on your flesh tonight!
*Sen smiled, and spoke calmly, getting out of his crouched fighting position.*
Leave now, and I will spare you. I will leave none of you if you fight. None of you alive and in one piece, that is.
*The orcs burst out in their harsh laughter.*
Last time I checked, there was ten of us, and one of you. Get him boys!
*Sen whispers to himself.*
Then you wish for your fate to be death at my hands. So be it.
*The first orc swings high, and Sen ducks easily, thrusting both of his Death swords through the orc, the jet black blades with purple runes then slicing out to the sides. The orc fell, and the battle was joined.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2005, 12:50 am 

The elf heard the orcs and after sternly instructing the children not to move she grabbed her sword and emerged from the cave. She thought

Great! well now my cover is blown, oh well I guess I'd better go help him....

She ran out behind the orcs and sliced two of their heads of with one swing. Then the others saw her and their two dead companions, two of them rushed at her, she briefly crossed swords with one and then stabbed it through the gut, with her sword still in the orc's stomach she reached up and punched another on in the face, pulled the sword out of the first orc and sliced of the other's head. She moved on to the other five gathered around the human and picked off two then found herself pinned under a large orc....

Post subject: The Fight
PostPosted: August 14th, 2005, 1:05 am 
Half-elf
Half-elf

*As Sen was engaged with the other orcs, he saw the elf maiden join the fight. She had impressive skills, yet one orc bore her down. Sen quickly sliced down the one in front of him, and ran to her aid. The orc was just about to go under her guard, whne Sen brought his swords down to block. The end of the orc's sword was sliced off, and went flying into a clump of bushes. The orc had a brief moment to puzzle over his broken blade, before Sen cut him down.*
I saw you were in a bit of trouble, my lady. You fight well, yet the children need looking after. I can handle this rabble.
*As if to demonstrate, Sen spun around, and blocked an orc's surprise thrust, and swung his sword out, causing it to bury itself in another orc. The first orc's sword engaged, Sen slew it where it stood, and finished off the other.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2005, 1:12 am 

"I thank you, Master Human." she said coldly then seeing that the orcs were finished she ran to the cave to comfort the children who were crying with fear and hunger.
"Shh, shh, my little ones, quiet, my darlings, or the mean orcs will hear..." she said in a soothing voice, at the mention of more orcs the children became quiet.
"That's better" she said then she dried their tears and led them out of the cave...

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2005, 3:24 am 
Istari
Istari

Out by the cave a fair elven maiden with golden red, dressed in a green dress, comes galloping up on a sleek white mare. Behind her are two men from the south on black horses chasing her.

"Come on elf you won't get away that fast." Said one of them.

More angry than frightened she gallops closer to the cave. And soon loses sight of her enemies. Then notices a man surrounded by carcases of dead orcs, and close by the cave a elven maiden with two children. She stops her horse, and dismounts. Not too far off the elven maiden sees to the men coming towards her.

'Great and I thought I lost them.' She thought. She sighs and to the others surprise draws a sword from the side of her saddle. Preparing for a fight. The south men dismount their horses and come towards them. 'If it's a fight they want then it's a fight they'll get.' She thought to herself.

"Sorry about this." The elven maiden says to elf, and man.

^ Limwen
^ Eldarwen (sis)

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2005, 10:46 am 

The she elf was surprised at the sight of one of her own race then thought

Oi! Not again!

She rushed the children back inside the cave and told them to stay put or else! She brandished her sword and made ready to fight yet again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2005, 11:58 am 
Balrog
Balrog

May i join?
I need i good battle

Gently as she goes

as always a hero comes home

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2005, 1:36 pm 

Aye, you may, but we must do somethin' else besides fight... I need to find some food for the children!!

Post subject: Elves, men, and arrows
PostPosted: August 14th, 2005, 2:19 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

*Sen took out two blood-red arrows from a quivver on his back, and unslung his matching bow. He fitted one arrow slowly, aiming it directly at one of the men.*
I offer you the same warning, men of the south, as I did these orcs you see slain at my feet. Leave now, and you shall live; stay, and you shall join your fellow servants of Sauron. The choice is yours.
*Sen's bow gave an ominous creak; it was stretched as taught as it would go.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2005, 6:19 pm 
Istari
Istari

The men of the south ignore him, and keep aproaching.

"We just want the elf, ranger, once we have her we'll leave." One of them says.

They have in their hands knifes, and swords.

'I wish I brought my bow.' The elven maiden thought to herself. Then prepared for the approaching men. She looks over at the other elf with a apologetic look.

^ Limwen
^ Eldarwen (sis)

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject: Lines are drawn.
PostPosted: August 14th, 2005, 6:47 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Suit yourself.
*Sen released the arrow, and it flew screaming through the air. It went right through the Haradrim soldier, flinging him backwards. The arrow skipped across the ground, and came to a stop at the feet of the elven maiden with the children. The arrow's blade and shaft was completely free of blood. The other Haradrim had but a split second to bring up his shield, and the next arrow went straight through it, up to its silver feathers. The Haradrim fell, and as he did, they could see that the arrow had pinned the shield and his arm to his chest, the arrow embedded in his heart.
Sen put away his bow, and began to walk over to pick up his arrows.*
Why do they never heed my warnings? *He muttered to himself, as he yanked the first arrow out of the shield, and put it back in his quivver. It, too, was free of blood.*
I am sorry, my lady, if I put you through undue stress. If you are alright, I can lead you all to the side of the river controlled by Gondor, but then I must leave you in safe hands, as I cannot tarry long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2005, 6:55 pm 
Istari
Istari

can i join latter on with my character Dionysus, he's in the charrie section.

[!*#_:]

Post subject: Reply
PostPosted: August 14th, 2005, 6:57 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

(OOC: Sure, a good time would be when we cross the river. If we do not do that within the next five or so posts, however, you can join in any way you see fit.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2005, 7:38 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

a young girl ran to the rivers edge she stopped she looked around for a place to hide she stepped into the water the turned around two Easterlings dashed towards the girl. the girl drew her sword and a knife the two easterlings laughed the girl charged stabbing one Easterling in the shoulder the other stabbed her in the side piercing the leather armour. she stabbed the easterling in one fluid motion. the girl ran back into the city staggering. she stopped when she ran into a man in black armor "not again!"she moaned she drew her sword again the Man in the black armor advanced the girl attacked, the man blocked her stroke she attacked again she did'nt finish her attack she collasped she felt the cold edge of the mans sword at her throat " go ahead kill me make it quick" she said between clenched teeth.

Gently as she goes

as always a hero comes home