Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: a friend of shadow
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2005, 9:19 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

all are welcome to join, but we have a few rules
this is a joint post of Deawen elsent and Morwen1
our characters our captians we would appreicate it if you did not make your characters a higer rank we only need two higher ranks. and no double agents ( Double agents should be drug out in to the hallway and shot!) the two higer ranks is on a first come first serve bases.

Deawen Captian of the Dragon Tears Decendent of Princess Deawen

history: was a handmaiden of eowyn then was a hired assassin and now is a captain of the Dragon tears.

appearence: red hair like copper, blue eyes, slender frame light and quick.

Deawen stood near the edge of the small woods she was alone her dark dress and cloak camofloging her frame. a man came up behind her she turned. "captain Deawen it's time the men are ready and are waiting for commands " the man said Deawen sighed "i really don't want to do this... she is my friend..." " it is your brothers orders..." "i know"

"send a scout " Deawen commanded the man saluted and and faded into the shadows Deawen took out a piece of paper from her belt.
"Dear Deawen
you won't believe this
I am now captain of the mark ! and Eorric has also become a higher rank. i hope you have been faring well. as you know the holiday is on it's way i hope to see you.
your friend
Morwen.

Deawen read the letter she backed against a tree and started to cry.

Gently as she goes

as always a hero comes home

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2005, 9:51 pm 
Elf
Elf

Okay, here I am.

Morwen Leofwyn of the Westfold

History: Served (with Deawen) Eowyn as a handmaiden before joining the Rohirrim Cavalry as a simple private, and moved up to Captain, with only Eomer, Erkenbrand, and Theoden her superiors. (gender segrigation is disregarded in this post, and any people who join cavalry: it is strictly military)

Appearance: Short (5'3"), long blonde hair, armour similar to Eomer,

"What?" she said to the reporting messenger. "It is true, my lady. I am sorry."

"Thankyou. Dismissed" she said with a wave of her hand, perusing the letter for the tenth time.

"Impossible" she muttered.

Reasons I love England #217:
I saw "whilst" on a traffic sign

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2005, 9:47 am 
Balrog
Balrog

(ah morwen it is true but alas)

the scout returned with the report instead of handing over the report to a higher rank he went straight to Deawen who was sitting near the fire.
with her hands hidden from view her face covered by shadow she looked to be a shadow not really there only existing.
"Capitain...." the scout said Deawen did not look up "report.." she said "they know we are here they know..." , Deawen looked up "she knows... luetantant!", "send out the red watch out for...wait hold...i going with you!" "Capitain lord Adrod ordered you were to stay out of the fighting!" "who is captain here?....right me there for im going!"

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2005, 2:27 pm 
Elf
Elf

(I need a 3 leutinant or captains or marshals, if possible :) )
Morwen was drawing up the last details of the attack plan:
"The 3 platoons there will advance first, the right and left flanks will go out and surround the camp, the middle will go straight through. The platoon of 50 will stay back and observe. If the battle goes ill, they will break into 5 squads, 2 going to the left flank, 2 to the right, and 1 to the middle. Understood? I will take the middle platoon." said Morwen to her fellow officers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2005, 3:03 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

(ahhhh)

Okay

the camp was deserted the fires left burning but no one around. an arrow with a parchment attached was all that was left.

"here then gone thought you got us no your wrong...
"
Deawen rode at the head of the collum she had over five hundred with her " i want the Red down there and the blue in reserve the phantoms are with me... they can't fight in the open we will be in the forest wait for the signal then send the red out if all goes ill retreat back to the forest at the dell if all goes fine do not kill the leaders only the men am i understood?" Deawen set the commands her second saluted and rode off.
Deawen stood at the camps edge the Phantoms a hundered feet away hid in trees and flats. Deawen turned to go and faded into the trees.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2005, 4:28 pm 
Elf
Elf

(Damn, I spent so much time on that and it didn't work... :annoyed: )

Morwen rode at the front of her platoon. She could just see the other flanks or the reinforcements in the deepening dusk. (*either of them*) She halted Beaduheard (after all, Breda was just a riding horse, not a war horse) and signaled her command to do likewise. She saw fires in the camp, but heard nothing. "Strange," she said to herself. "Heremod, ride out with three scouts and bring tidings." "Yes, my Lady," he said smartly. Momentarily she heard them go quietly to the camp. As she waited for them to get back, she took some hard, dried out bread and chewed on the crust idly.

Finally, after what seemed an hour, the sentries came back to report. "My lady, we found no one, and nothing but fires and this message." They handed her the arrow. Reading it, Morwen said, "Awiergan se feond! (Curse the enemy!) Fine. You two," gesturing to two of the three, "ride to the left and right flanks and tell them to walk just behind the center. Do not go above a walk. And you, sir, will ride to the aft and tell them: do not walk!" Saluting, they were off again. Morwen started her platoon with the motion of her spear. They walked through the deserted camp, and once again halted. "They went through. We keep going East."

Finally, she could see small figures moving away from them slowly. They were within bowshot. "Halt!" she ordered. "Archers ready! Bring me a longbow, if you would, sir." Morwen took Deawen's arrow and fired it as far as she could towards the receding enemy, not to hit them, but to warn them. "Sound the charge. Archers, let fly!" The arrows went whistling through the air, catching the closest ranks of enemies. "Now, their move."

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2005, 6:22 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen signaled a there was a flash of light then fire all around surrounding the camp. Deawen stood at the edge of the fire looking in Morwen saw here they stared at each other for a moment then a horse passed between them and Deawen was gone. Deawen hurried after her men cursing as she went. she caught up with the red and blue units someone handed her the arrow she left behind. "well what are we standing here for lets move out before they get to us!" Deawen shouted.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2005, 10:52 pm 
Elf
Elf

Morwen let her riders shoot two more rounds of arrows at the backs of the infantry before the middle flank charged. About 75 of the enemy had been killed before she ceased the attack. "Sound for the 'hammer' not to attack, and recall the troops," she ordered the herald. "But, my lady, our orders were to..." said one of her captains. "Our orders, sir, were to relieve the pressure on Edoras, not to destroy the enemy host. I am unwilling to do so. Is that clear?" she said sharply. "Yes'm." "Oh, Heorbald, don't look so insulted. I will be right back. Take my helm, please, sir, and my cape. Ah, and my shield. I will be right back.

Morwen turned Beaduheard and galloped around the site of the melee, into the ranks of bedraggled infantry. "Where is Lady Deawen! I have a message from the Rohirrim commander!" One of the weary men turned and pointed further up the column. "Thankyou!" She galloped until she saw the horsemen. Stopping, she whistled in the fashion of a quail, as they had when they were younger. She waited for an answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2005, 6:30 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen was busy with tending her wounded only about 25 the rest was saftly away watching. Deawen 's luetantant came up next to her "we lost about one hundered 25 wounded and 2 lost" "thank you" Deawen stood up when she was finished she happened to see a rider "strange.." Deawen thought all of her riders were away and the phantoms on foot? who was this? Deawen watched for a moment the rider seemed to be searching for someone. she heard a quail call Deawen stood there for a moment in dibelief auto maticly she answered back one low pitched then a highe note. Deawen put her helm under her arm as she walked towards the rider who was none other than Morwen.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2005, 1:18 pm 
Elf
Elf

Well seen as you only have to peeps in your rp i'll join!!! here's my bio

Name: Isteleth Galathil
meaning of name: Powerfull and wise being of light (mother named her)
Parents: Aragorn King of Gondor and Arwen Undomiel
Race: Half Elf (daughter of Arwen and Aragorn)
Hair: a mixture of Brown and Black like her mother and her father’s hair, waist length.

Eyes: Piercing blue (adopted them from her aunt Galadrial)
Powers: She's a telepath and has the power to heal that's why she is so good in Medicines! She also is Empath and feel other people feeling as well as there thoughts though she hates this power. Foresight
Weapons: Bow Alataril and Sword Maglor and twin blades Prille and Merwa
Pets: one horse Sirith the daughter if Shadowfax but faster than Shadowfax and any offspring off Shadowfax, Also a snow white wolf Nienna
Appearance: She is the image of her mother Arwen but she has some features of Aragorn.
She has long brown hair that comes to her waist with black streaks in it. Her eyes are piercing blue she inherited these from Galadrial. She always like to wear her travelling clothes which consist of her Midnight blue dress and emerald green cloak with golden embroidery down the sides.
She is always wearing the Evenstar and has some sort of headdress on. You will always find her in the company of her Horse Sirith and her snow white wolf Nienna.

Personality: She loves to be around people but enjoys going on adventures on her own, she fears her family getting hurt or losing someone she dearly loves, one thing she always wanted to do was meet her sisters and brother including her twin.
she loves to read, ride and she can speak many languages.

History: She was born as a twin ((never met her twin till she was older)) and raised in Gondor, though when she was a little older she went to live in Lothlorien and Rivendell.
She was married once to a human named Golradir, they were happy together until the day when he died in battle, Isteleth was left mortally wounded in the stomach and heavily pregnant with his child, though she survived and went on to have his daughter which she named Erunaneth, she still never got over the death of Golradir.
A few years past and she finally married her childhood a elf called Nathaniel Anwamanë, they had twins a little girl named
Lónannûniel Eärfalas (meaning blessed pure moon faith)
and Hénduil Anwamanë (meaning Blessed son)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2005, 4:26 pm 
Elf
Elf

Glad to have you. This particular part of the story (Or the Morwen-Deawen saga :-D ) takes place around the same time as the middle of the Fellowship of the Ring, so your character's history might not work. :confuzzled:

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2005, 4:29 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

hey a poster! ) so um now what?

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2005, 4:29 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

ehat MOWEN said

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2005, 4:49 pm 
Elf
Elf

"Hello."

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2005, 5:37 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Location: South Africa, the bottom end of nowhere important...

Surely I am invited?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2005, 5:41 pm 
Elf
Elf

Of course

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next