Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 19th, 2005, 3:18 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Silmeriel had arrived at her position. Waiting for the others, she absentmindedly rubbed Aerin's amulet. She thought of her friends, and sighed. What if she got captured here? There'd be almost no hope of freeing them.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2005, 9:17 am 

Elwen forced herself to appear confident, though she saw little hope for them now. The camp was much larger than any of them had guessed, and if Alaria was even alive, the odds of them escaping and finding their friends were very low.
As their captors shouted greetings and orders in the harsh tongue of the East, Elwen took in her surroundings. The main structure was strong, built from wood and carved into the rock; she hoped fervently that their prison would not be within.
Her wish was granted. The three of them were pushed to a small but strong shed near to the headquarters. The largest of the Easterlings let off a string of unintelligible words, and they found themselves being untied. The leader surveyed them. Apparently seeing nothing worth confiscating, he gestured for them to enter, but at the last moment he grabbed Elwen's arm and pulled her back.
"Give me your bag." Elwen grudgingly did as she was bidden. He rooted through, but finding only herbs, water, and a few hard loaves returned it to her. He laughed, his voice strident.
"I'll let you keep them; I don't doubt you'll need them before we're through with you." With that he shoved the three of them inside and bolted the heavy door.
Elwen stood silently, waiting for her eyes to adjust to the dark. The wait was short; the keenness of Elven eyes is not diminished by lack of light. She scanned the room. Arandil and Aerin were still unable to see. Suddenly her eyes caught a bundle at the back of the hut. She cautiously approached it. To her shock she realized it was an injured man, and Malrid, no less! She quietly called for Aerin, and knelt next to him. The words of the Easterling had been all too true.

Kudos to Kitoky for the fabulous signature set, and art credit to engelszorn.
Who wants to join me in bringing back the lady?

Last edited by Nienor on July 2nd, 2005, 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2005, 3:07 pm 

Naur and Agrim did join Alaria in her search for their friends.

They decided to turn south, crossing the rocky terrain while the mountains made it tough for them to get through.
Alaria could feel the overwhelming weakness. Food and water was no longer in her memory, though she knew she could not stay alive without it.

The sky was clouded, expecting rain. They were afraid the rain would make the rocks slippy, turning the mountain sides into death itself. Water was, however, exactly what they needed.

Alaria kept fighting the weakness... For how long she could continue doing that, she did not know. Her vision was darkening...

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2005, 3:46 pm 
Istari
Istari

Malrid groaned in pain and looked up. He saw a familure face but was unsure if it was some sort of Easterling trick.
"Who are you?"
He whimpered.

[!*#_:]

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 4th, 2005, 2:15 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Despite the fact that Naur opposed going back down south and knew that they would run into many an Easterling, he eventually agreed to accompany Alaria and Agrim in their search for their friends.

I know how she feels. I have been there before. The least I can do is help…

Memories of what had happened in past years… Memories that he had tried to forget about were coming back. Again he shook them off and realized that they had been walking for awhile and that Alaria especially seemed to be getting weak.

“I think we should take a rest.â€

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 4th, 2005, 2:55 pm 

Power-playing Agrim

The dwarf gruntly agreed with Naur. "Aye," he said, "we cannot afford to run out of energy now."

Alaria shook her head. "No..." She stopped for a moment, then began walking again, looking at the clouds. "Storm is approaching. We cannot waste any time."

"There won't be any time to waste if you've died of exhaustion and starvation, lass." Agrim responded calmly.

Alaria stopped. However, she hadn't heard what the dwarf had said. Because in that moment, her body gave in, and she fell to the ground with a thud. Everything went black.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 5th, 2005, 8:47 pm 

((OOC// Hey, I'm going to be gone for three or four weeks. Mire and Turin (if he comes back at all) Have permission to powerplay of course, but no others. You can do anything to Elwen but kill her. Thanks. //OOC ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2005, 12:57 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Same for me, but anyone can powerplay my charry. Again, just don't kill her. Or make her look stupid ;D

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2005, 1:55 am 

If you want my Character, I'm a veterin from At the Sign of the Prancing Pony. Good old Turin remembers, and so should Nienor.

A voise, from a direction unkown calls to Agrim the dwarf. It's dark words only contain;
"So, I see this is how you lead the company while I'm gone: you've run them right down into the abiss.

As the Dwarven sences immediatly spike up, Agrim notes almost a hint of farmilliarity. It seems to him it is from a wanderer of old, who confronted the company in another rainy day long ago. while Agrim was still a captive of the Easternlings.

<by the way, I still haven't forgotten the heack of a show your Easternling assasin character gave me>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2005, 4:01 pm 

OOC: Okay, I'm back. RPG open again. Let's get this back up, eh? //OOC

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2005, 7:43 am 
Istari
Istari

Malrid groaned in pain as he looked up at the figure looming over him. He tried to crawl away slowly but he soon felt the back wall of the cell and stopped.
"Get away from me!"
He curled up into a ball hoping the person would just leave him be. His eyes were blured from tears and all he could see the easterling guard who had brutaly attacked him before.
"No more!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2005, 2:45 pm 

Elwen was dismayed by Malrid's emotional state. Reluctant to give too much information, lest she send him into shock, she spoke only one word. "Friends."
She pulled out her water and offered it to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2005, 4:32 pm 
Istari
Istari

Malrid looked up with wide eyes and soon the face of Elwen became slightly clearer. He smiled with tears in eyes.
"Elwen" He whispered.
He held a hand up to take the water and began gulping it down. He forced himself to stop so there was still some left.
"I thought i was going to die here..."
He let a tear fall from his eyes and sat up with a groan of pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13th, 2005, 11:16 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Naur heard a voice coming from behind him and soon saw a figure approaching the company. Upon closer inspection one could make out a figure of a man, a ranger from the looks of him.

This man had indirectly claimed to be a member of the company and upon thinking about it Naur decided he would believe the ranger for the time being. Principally because Agrim showed no signs of thinking this man a threat.

Now becoming conscious of the fact that he had forgotten about the collapsing of Alaria, he kneeled down beside her with no more delay. The cause for her collapse was what he had guessed all along… Sleep depravation and the lack of food and water.

“We should find cover from the rain. As well as food and water. We have traveled far enough this day.â€

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2005, 8:46 pm 

Elwen gently pushed Malrid back down, and began inspecting his wounds. He had obviously been beaten, and Elwen could only hope the rest of them would not face the same. Putting those thoughts behind her, she delved into her bag and took inventory. Most of her herbs had been ruined, either spilt or broken. Taking her mortar and pestle, she ground agrimony into a coarse powder. She poured a little of the water that remained into a small bowl and added the powder, mixing it until it formed a paste. It would help with external wounds, by relieving pain and clotting blood. Ripping strips from a clean, albeit wrinkled, square of linen, she carefully wrapped Malrid's ribs and other bruises.
Elwen then pulled one of only a few intact bottles from her bag. It contained teasel tonic, a powerful healer of breaks and sprains. She hoped it would speed the healing process. Diluting it with a very small amount of water, she held it out for Malrid to take.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15th, 2005, 6:49 am 
Istari
Istari

Malrid took it greatfully and smiled weakly. He drank it until none was left.
"Your here to get me out?"
He looked slightly hopefully.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next