Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2005, 3:53 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Allorien comes into a clearing, Borum before her. Lintapaire settles on the ground, waiting. She dismounts and waits, the stones telling her someone was coming.

banners by Melian, Amoniel and rangerofithilien

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2005, 4:01 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Silmeriel slipped away ahead of them and spoke to Lord Elrond quickly, then bowed gracefully. Coming back, she told them that more guards had been issued to form a scouting group at the edge of Rivendell. "It is said that more dwarves are coming." she said calmly. "Come, let us make haste." They soon arrived in Lord Elrond's gardens, and Silmeriel placed her palms on her thighs, bowing deeply. "The ladies Allorien and Lithoniel, and the prisoner Borum Bronzefist." Silmeriel introduced them.

ooc: I'll play Elrond.

Elrond offered them seats, and turned to the dwarf. "What have you to say for yourself, norgoth? Why did you come to our elven lands?"

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2005, 4:11 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Borum was taken before Elrond and finally there could be someone, that would hear him and understand maybe just a little, just a hope... The dwarwes who were coming were his friends and companions, who were able to escape the orc ambush and get away from the wargs. Borum was happy, that of their expedtion was still alive, but there was also supposed to be a dwarf on his way here to talk to Elrond. Borum looked at Elrond with respect.

"Lord Elrond It`s a pleasure to meet, but as I heard more dwarwes coming this way I might say, that I know them and I ask you to listen to common sense. We are no threat to you, but an expedition on the mountains, but we were ambushed ny orcs and wargs chaced us for days. I got seperated from the others so please I ask you to let me go to my people so, that we I can return to Erebor."

Borum was only telling the half truth, because he wouldn`t let some particular assets to flow trough his fingers right into the hands of the oh so good elves. Unless he got free his friends wouldn`t surely leave without a fight...

Let him call me a tyrant so cruel
Let him curse my name, but remember the truth!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2005, 4:11 pm 
Elf
Elf

Isteleth nodded and followed back quietly behind the company, weavering between her thoughts.

((can't think of anything to put for now))

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2005, 4:47 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"Master Dwarf, I require the full truth, not some part." Lord Elrond replied.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2005, 5:05 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

"how?.."Borum was caught, his preciuous efforts, his investments on this trip and the dead dwarwes would be all discraved because of this elf. Borum hand began to tremble as he talked.

Borum sighs" The truth was, that we digged on the mountains in a place were we weren`t found...Unfortunately we realised, that it was on your lands just in the borders. We found...ehh...Mithril...We thought that we could take it without you noticing it and we almost didn`t until our small patrol ran into a horde of orcs...please if you`re going to punish anyone then punish and forget this incident.. It was I who ordered them to continue allthough we, that the mithril was on your lands...Now the other survivors are coming for me...Do what you wish, I am ready to die...." Borum said these words melancholicly and truly sorry, now that there was no escapes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2005, 5:10 pm 
Ent
Ent

Lithoniel gracefully took her seat that she was offered and listened intently to the dwarves explaniation. She was the least bit convinced but then again she has never trusted a dwarf in her lifetime, the people of Mirkwood have had bad encounters with the dwarves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2005, 5:13 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"Unlike other races of Middle-earth, we do not kill mindlessly." Lord Elrond said sternly. "As his captors, Allorien, Lithoniel, what do you think should be done with him?"

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2005, 5:28 pm 
Ent
Ent

Lithoniel looked to the dwarf then to Elrond, she sighed placing her fingers at her temple in thought.

"I do not know if he is telling the truth or not? What say you Allorian"

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2005, 11:23 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Allorien looks thoughtfully.
"We elves care not for the earthly riches..." She begins. Borum begins to look happy. "But!" She continues sharply. "You must return to the elves any Mithril you have mined and any you get from our lands in the future. Though we care not for it's trading value, it makes excellent armor." She looks to Elrond, wanting to know if it sounds fair.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2005, 1:57 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Borum looks at the elf stagered for a while.

"yae, I sware to do that, but there`s a small problem you see...the mithril we digged out got in to the hands of the orcs...fools who don`t even know how to make an armor out of them..."

Borum shaked his head melacholicly waiting for elrond ro say something.

"what a waste..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2005, 6:30 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Silmeriel bolted upright. "They have mithril?" she demanded frantically. She shook her head. "So it has begun."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2005, 11:19 am 
Elf
Elf

Isteleth sat thinking
"Why not let the dwaf go and find the lost Mithril." she said looking across at the dwaf.
She unlike many elves didn't mind the company of a dawf, they were loyal friends and a good laugh, she smiled slightly then continued.
"Though a company would have to company him to make sure he retrives it properly and hands it back to the very last piece"

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2005, 12:24 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Allorien nods.
"That is an extremely prudent suggestion. For now, the elves and the dwarves will have to make peace to stop the orcs from killing with their newfound mithril."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2005, 2:00 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"It is not killing with mithril that I fear, but rather, resurrecting." Silmeriel explained softly. "There is a way- a dark way- to resurrect Sauron, but it is an evil magic that is brewed partly from mithril."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2005, 2:25 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

"It is not killing with mithril that I fear, but rather, resurrecting." Silmeriel explained softly. "There is a way- a dark way- to resurrect Sauron, but it is an evil magic that is brewed partly from mithril."

Borum looked at the elf with disbelief in his eyes.

"Quite ridicolous elf...Your saying, that some one could pop back from the dead? Allthough Sauron did it once, but this time the one ring doesn`t excist or are suggesting, that those stupid orcs could actually create one? Or can Sauron come back without the ring? And how do you know of such dark rituals? Quite unusual for an elf..."

Borum looked at the elf narrowing his eyes...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next