Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Vengeance, and the Recapture of Moria
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2006, 12:11 pm 

This is the first RP I have made, so apologies if its a bad one :) . This is for my new character Melannen Tirram. His bio is here: http://arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4487 . It's set in the 4th age of Middle-earth, and the aim, as the title suggests is to retake moria from the orcs. (don't worry, no Balrogs :-D ) Anyway, I hope you like it and join in.

~~~~

His request of the king had been accepted. He would have smiled, if there had been anything to smile about. A request of a king normally gives the recipient cause for happiness. But he knew that times ahead would be hard and dangerous, but he had got what he wanted. The chance to avenge the death of his parents.

Melannen looked over the orce gathered on the banks of the Celebrant, near the fringes of Lothlorien. Camped there was half of the guard of Mirkwood, his own command, 1500 strong. There also were 200 of the elves who still dwelled in Lorien, under their own captain, Haldir. To the edge of the camp furthest from the woodland were the dwarves of Erebor, led by the king under the mountain, Thorin III, who would take the lordship of moria should the venture be successful. Amongst them were a small contigent of Bardings, men of Dale, the greatest allies to the dwarves. At present the entire army was 2300 bodies. But he expected their numbers to swell.

As soon as the king granted Melannen permission, he had sent out emissaries to all the lands of middle-earth, asking for aid in the invasion. He was expecting the arrival of the dwarves from the Iron Hills anytime, and was hopeful of many others coming to aid him in his crusade to remove one of the remianing threats to the peace.

(Someone can play Thorin III or Haldir if they wish)

PS - If there's anything that you want clearing up, PM me, or post it in the thread.
PpS - If anyone knows where i can find a map of moria, it would be much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2006, 12:48 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

There was this one awesome map I had, but the site vanished, and I never got to save the map :annoyed2:

Anyway ^^ I think I'll join... hmm... lets see... an elf that isn't used as of this moment/time would be... Eleshna. I'll post her bio...

Name: Eleshna
Also named : Shadow Dancer
Race: Elf
Appearance: Tall, slim yet strong, long chestnut hair pulled up in a ponytail. Often wears elven hunting garb, mostly forest colors. Has striking green eyes, intelligent and bright.
Personality: Usually silent and careful, rare to speak of her past, but kind and caring. Despite the silent and calm way about her, Eleshna can be fierce in battle.
Other: Is known as a keeper of shadow spirits and can blend with the forest and remain unseen whenever situations require.

History:

Eleshna was born in a small elven village, and remained there until the village was distroyed, her parents killed. A strange man who had been visiting the village rescued the young Eleshna, leaving her as one of the very few survivors, and led her far away, tending the wounds she recieved during the attack. He told her his name was Nasar, and that he was a guardian of sorts, and could teach her how to fend for herself and live in the wild with no assistance. Nasar had strange powers, which fascinated Eleshna, and she became drawn to learning from the strange elf. Before he could accept her as a student, he made her swear an oath, under pain and blood, which bound her services to him, her pain being his pain and his pain being her pain. She had a taste of what she would be going through in the coming years, but she was still yet young and continued on.

After several years, Nasar had taught Eleshna how to read several langauges, even ancient unknown ones, and he had also trained her in the skill of sword and bow, as well as tracking, stalking, and basically hunting. He would send her on missions, to assasinate certain people or hunt them down and take them to certain destinations, and told her he could end her life in an instant if ever once he found out she had failed him. She became a ruthless hunter, and hid all her emotion, but deep within she longed to be free of Nasar.

When Eleshna had gained his full trust, Nasar handed to her the control of Shadows, spirits of lost warriors, deadly and fearsome, along with a blade which protected the wielder from the Shadows. Eleshna discovered that these Shadows had the ability to come between the strongest of bonds, and prevent any harm from coming to her if she wanted to escape Nasar's control for a while. The freedom became addictive and she decided to leave permanently. She confronted Nasar, and after a breif battle, used the Shadows to hold him back while she made a run for it. Eleshna never turned back, and remained hidden and on the run, joining various groups now and then, playing the role of a common elf.

After a while, Eleshna came to believe that the Shadows had ended the master's reign, and she became more easy going. She used her Shadows now and then if she were in tight with enemy, though she regreted it, since many a times it took the life of the companions who would be with her at the time. She grew into the habit of refusing to get to know those she traveled with, so if ever there came a time if they died, she would not feel so great a loss. This was what she had been trained to do, and she hated doing it, but she saw no other choice.

-----------------------
Tell me if that's ok ^^

~Cyclist in Training~

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2006, 2:17 pm 
Maia
Maia

I'll join :
Name : Rhavaniel
Race: High Elf
Hair: raven black

Eyes: shimmering green
Powers: none
Weapons: A bow of the Galahdrim, and the sword of her father
Looks:
Tall with long raven hair. She has sea-green eyes and a pale complexion. Rhavaniel wears mostly green tunics and lofty white shirts, offten with a short white skirt
Pic : http://www.keirapictures.com/albums/Cap ... VD_175.jpg
Personality: Hot tempered, protective, loyal, helpfull, secretive, arrogant
Other : usually paired with Legolas or Haldir
History : Unknown

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

Last edited by Rhavaniel Falathiel on January 4th, 2006, 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2006, 5:49 pm 

They're both good, come join and start posting.

Same Silm. I'm going to do some research, and see if I can find one so this RP will be as realistic as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2006, 6:40 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

(^^ Thank you)

Eleshna had her sword strapped to her back, beside her bow, to make it easier travel, and when she came in sight of the small armies camped, she took in a slight sharp breath. She smiled, always finding the way the skilled combatants gather to be an interesting spectical. Walking forwards, Arinae ran through a few reactions in her mind, and how she would return the reactions to her coming. She let out a sigh, knowing it was just another army she would join for a while if possible then be on her way. Nothing to hold her down.

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2006, 1:32 pm 

(Silm, you used 2 different charries in that post^^. lol)

One of Melannen's look-outs watched as a strange elf walked towards the camp. "Suiliad edhel" he said, quickly weighing the elf up "man eneth lin? (the look-out is still speaking in elvish, but i've reach the limit of mine^^) do you wish to see the Captain?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2006, 1:55 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

(o_o ooops... it's Eleshna... meh, I have too many characters going << lol. Oh and erm sorry for my outburst earlier on tag... *mutter* I'm at my wits end here at my grandparents...)

"Eleshna, i eneth lin" Eleshna replied with a low bow. "Yes, Amin merna quen yassen ho, hannon le" (Translation: Yes(duh, don't know it in elvish...), I wish to speak with him, thank you) (^^ My elvish is limited too... lol)

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2006, 3:34 pm 
Maia
Maia

Rhan urged her horse forward again, catching a glimpse of the camp up ahead. The horse's hoves thundered in the quiet night, and she was aware of at least one watcher riding after her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2006, 5:33 pm 
Vala
Vala

I'll join.

Thought about being Haldir - decided against it.

Name: Sirithadar Ondomaethor (stone-warrior)
Race: Noldorin Elves
Age: 2500+ (can't say for sure until I know the time in a more detailed form than 'the fourth age' is.
Weapon(s): Sirithadar uses a hand-and-a-half/two-handed sword similar to Glamdring(after all, according to Tolkien, only one Noldorin elf ever used a curved blade....O_O) but longer, and two long daggers.
Phys. Appearence: Sirithadar has long, dark-brown hair and piercing grey/blue eyes. He once could have been called fair, but now his face, and indeed, most of his body, is blemished with scars, memoirs of dark times in his past. He tends to dress in dark blues/greys, and wears a coat of elven mail under his outer tunic. On his arms he has steel vambraces.
Background: Sirithadar was born in Eregion, and was old enough to take part in the first part of the long War of the Ring, when Sauron razed Eregion. After Sauron's first defeat, Sirithadar's parents went across the sea, but since he was born in Middle Earth, the desire in him is less than others to leave. He fought in the Last Alliance, commanding a small body of elves, but they were ambushed and almost completely wiped out, except for Sirithadar and five others, who were taken prisoner. The orcs put the others to death in slow, cruel ways, and put Sirithadar to torment, but reinforcements arrived before they killed him. Since that time, Sirithadar has born the scars, and has also developed an amazing endurance for pain and fatigue, which is how he got his surname. It takes much to make him grimace, and much more for him to cry out. When the Last Alliance had fulfilled its goal, and Sirithadar had healed, he parted company with elves and men, and headed into the wild. Every few years, he would show up in some unexpected place, bearing a few more scars, and many more tales. Around the time of the final part of the War of the Ring, he took up residence in Lothlorien, rising in their ranks to become a captain among them, one of their greatest leaders, besides the former March-warden Haldir.

Sirithadar turned his head, picking up his sword from where it leaned against a tree. "My lord Haldir, the dwarves of the Iron mountains have arrived," he said, buckling his sword-belt around his waist. He was putting one of his daggers in its sheath when he noticed a rider coming through the trees.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2006, 6:25 am 
Maia
Maia

((I'll RP Haldir^^ if he's not dead :P))

Rhan dismounted in a swift movement, and bowed low. "Mylords." she annonced wearily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2006, 8:36 am 
Vala
Vala

I should hope he's not dead O_O
He is, after all, commanding the Lorien group....o_O

Sirithadar bowed in response. "I presume you have come for reasons other than saying 'My lords,'" he said to the elf, "but from the looks of you, you need food and rest first. There is a tent over there where you may find the former, and as for the latter, you must find that however you deem fit," he added.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2006, 9:48 am 

((he's not dead. I don't think he dies in the book so...))

The look-out nodded, turning and walking into the camp he said "follow me".
After wending their way through the tents and fires they arrived in front of a large pavilion an top of a slight rise on the woodland side of the camp. The look-out spoke to the guards by they entrance. "Is the captain awake? May we go in, i have a guest who wishes to speak with him". the guard nodded and opened the flap. Bowing slightly the look-out spoke "Captain Tirram, this elf approached the border of the camp and asked to see you. Her name is Eleshna, and i'm sure she can speak on her own behalf" The look-out bowed out and returned to his post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2006, 10:26 am 
Maia
Maia

Haldir threw her a wink and nodded "You can tell us on the way." He said, steering her towards the tent. Rhan glanced at the other elf "I havent seen you around before, whom do you command?" she asked boldly, removing haldir's hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2006, 10:45 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Eleshna at first glanced the leader up and down, then remembered her manners. She bowed low. "My lord, I noticed forces gathering, and it was in my curiousity to find out the reasoning behind it. I am but a wandering elf, but I join where I can when the effort is just and when I am allowed." She again stood straight, but was relaxed. Her eyes resumed their observation of the leader and her suroundings. Her gaze met with the newcomers and she gave a slight smile.

~Cyclist in Training~

Last edited by SI~Dhodrimme on January 4th, 2006, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2006, 10:50 am 
Balrog
Balrog

(Of course Haldir didn't die in the book! << There weren't even any elves in Helms Deep, because they refused to be involved, except for elrond's sons Elrohir and Eladdan, who joined Aragorn after the encounter with Saruman and before the entering of the Paths of the Dead, bringing with them the remaining Dunaden)

(*twitch* Are you butting into my convo with the leader, Rhan?... *twitch* *edits post*)

~Cyclist in Training~

Last edited by SI~Dhodrimme on January 4th, 2006, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2006, 11:09 am 
Balrog
Balrog

oh this sounds fun i'll join i guess :-D

Lady Deawen
Deawen is the captain of the Dragon Tears (a hired fighting force)
she has long coppery red hair she is mortal but she has a gift.
she has a sword silver flame and other weapons like daggers and knives.
she has many animals two ferrets Codo and Podo,one black dog Arenel,a horse Bredol.
(i think this will get you enough info her history is so complicated i would not have enough space to say it all!) :blink:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deawen rode at the head of the Dragon tear Collum she had a small company with her only twenty but this was only a mere traviling company, Deawen had over 1600 men at arms under her command. Deawen recived a plea for her to join this invasion but she wasn't here as a charity the king had paid a signifacante amount for her help, her prized Phantoms were skilled in this type of fighting.
Deawen looked back over her shoulder her black banner with a blue Dragon. she rode with Drad her second in command he glanced over to her "something wrong?" he asked Deawen looked at him with a blank expression "no..." she whispered "well we should be near "

Gently as she goes

as always a hero comes home

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next