Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2006, 11:41 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

A lone traveller walked the road, seeming wary, the dark hood drawn and barely a glimpse of the face nor of the hair was to be seen. What was viewable upon the stranger, however was the hold of a leather-gloved hand upon a dagger hilt of an ancient design, though the care for it was superb as it was in excellent condition and of beautiful intricacy. A sword on the opposite side remained hidden beneath the large and flowing cloak, the cloth concealing the wanderer's figure.

A steady but utterly silent step carried the itinerant being forward, a bow with a full quiver of arrows at back, the wood of a light color, detailed markings entwining the length. The dagger, however, would have been the mainly ideal weapon if one were to be approached or attacked and this was what the gloved hand rested upon, a cautious glance cast about.

The direction in which the steps were focused was Osgiliath, though much had hindered this stranger during the overall journey, for much ground had been covered over the long weeks. Wary still was the trekker, no weariness shown in the stride, and no visible wounds from previous encounters were seen.

Suddenly, as voices were heard ahead, that of a deep and careful voice, then the other of a sweet and light voice, unmistakable of a fair elf, the hooded stranger stepped aside from the well traveled path, wishing to avoid a hinderance of company.

The intention was to circle around them, and return to the path as they yet spoke to one another, but this plan however was halted when a figure within the wood was seen, a maiden no less! And quite near to a recent kill, a stag to be precise, and a fine shot indeed, as the stranger silently noted. The steps grew slower, as the traveller paused close to where the maiden was as she headed toward the fallen stag, though no sound was made, nor was movement while the lady passed by the cloaked being, the cloth seeming to blend the figure to its surroundings.

~Cyclist in Training~

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 5th, 2006, 7:36 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Alynia stood still for a few moments, watching the two figures infront of her. Falasephales snorted and pawed the ground with his hoof. Forna padded up to Alynia and sat by her feet, her tail making leaves skim away as she wagged it. Alynia brushed bck a few stray hairs that had fallen into her face and smiled.
"Ayalynia is my name. " She said in her sofly voice. She had a strange voice. She hardly very raised it but she could make it heard through a hurricane. Falasephales's ears pricked up as a sound came to his fine hearing. Forna too shifted her head slightly and stood up, her tail stopped wagging as she sniffed the air and growled softly.
"Forna." Alynia said stroking the dogs head. Forna nudged Alynia and padded off through the trees. Not far off she stopped and sniffed again. She barked and bounced off towards the stag. She leap, surefooted over the fallen beast an vanished into the darkness of the wood. Alynia watched her, puzzled then left Falasephales to nibble the short grass and followed her hound into the forest.
"Forna?" She called out. She was rewarded by a plasyful bark. She followed it and noticed at figure standing not far off. Forna bounded up to her, tail wagging exitedly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 5th, 2006, 12:35 pm 
Istari
Istari

Rinhilion kept as still as a statue while on duty, his hand rested upon his sword hilt. He looked around occasionaly for any sign of movement when he saw Captain Veath approach him. Rinhilion turned and stood to attention.
"Sir."
Veath raised a gloved hand and smiled.
"At ease soldier."
The young guard put his hand back on his hilt.
"Any disturbances?"
"Just the odd rat sir."
"Good well we may soon be expecting a visitor. Word has reached my ear that the prince is on his way as we speak."
Rinhilion nodded.
"And I want you to welcome him so that means you may well have to stay on guard for a while longer."
"It would be an honour sir."
Veath smiled.
"Good. Oh and I promised you a spear didn't I?"
Rinhilion nodded.
"I'll just be a second."
Veath walked into a small room and came out with a tall black painted spear that had a large spear head. He walked over to Rinhilion and smiled handing it over.
"Well here you go, a sign of a true Royal Guard."
Rinhilion grasped it with two hands and smiled.
"Thank you my lord."
"Your welcome. I best get going, keep on your toes."
The young man nodded and watched Veath walk away.

[!*#_:]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 5th, 2006, 3:52 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

"I am Elenanna Lothenedhel of Rivendell, and these are Beriadan and Suiadan, my guards for this journey. And perhaps I will take you up on your invitation to ride with you. It possibly will help speed things up." she said. Vanya shifted slightly and Elenanna took a firmer grip on the reins.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 5th, 2006, 5:04 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

The path to the stables led Ingold through the court where the slaying happened not long ere. The stone paving was still blood stained and it will take many rains for the dried out blood to be washed away form its roots. A cold shiver ran down his spine as he stepped through that court, images of pools of blood and corpses flashed infront of him as the cloud covered the sun. He stood for a slight moment in the middle watching as the cloud whisked by and uncovered the sun. The corpses were no more there, the pools of blood had been hastefully washed away with buckets filled with water. Where were the grim corpses, Ingold did not know.

He raised his glance and noticed a child watching out of the window. It was one of the children from the night when the slaying occured. The girl had a fair face with gently blushed cheeks and curly golden hair dropping down her cheeks. A small red ribbon was braided in her hair. She whatched Ingold silently. Sudden fear struck him that he might be recognised but the child gave a gentle smile to him and waved with her slender hand. Ingold returned a brief smile. Just as the little girl dropped her hand from the wave, her mother pulled her back swiftly into the house and shut the open window tight. By luck or chance or Inglod's hope, his face was not recognised by the mother alike.
Ingold let out a sigh and realised he lingered too long in this place. He strode on in silence.

After taking a sharp turn to the right then another one bit more to the left the Great Stables of Osgiliath loomed infront of him. In the main court a great statue was wrought out of grey and white marble. It showed a shape of a Gondorian soldier upon a mighty stallion that held his head proudly high while pawing the ground with his hoof. The soldier held a sword in his hand that pointed to the east.

Soon as Ingold entered the stables to his right a younger man came up to him clad in grey and brown. His face stern with dark and pierecing eyes but the features were friendly. Ingold knew this man for he took care of his horse and those horses from the battallion that Ingold led. Hemron was the name of the man.
"Setting off again, are we milord?" asked Hemron.
Ingold nodded "Aye, duties call there yonder" he cast his glance over his shoulder and nodded towards Minas Anor. "Everything prepared?" he asked
This time Hemron nodded "Your horse is ready as always. I will not hold you off any longer. Until we meet next time. Farewell milord!" he gave a slight smile towards ingold and bowed before walking off towards the other stables.
Ingold inclined his head and watched him leave. He then walked up to his horse that was prepared and mounted him after checking the reins and the saddle himself. Swiftly he rode out of the stables and turned to beast in the direction of the Tower under the White Mountains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 6th, 2006, 2:49 pm 
Vala
Vala

Nothing really has happened, Elegost. To join, though you need to post a character bio in the character's thread that is in the New Characters section of the forum, and get it approved. It shouldn't be too hard.

Hadhorion grinned. In sight, after around two months of riding, was Minas Anor, and beyond that, was Osgiliath, Capitol of the South Kingdom and beautiful city in one. His smile widened. Soon he would be exploring the city he had heard so much about since he was a child.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 6th, 2006, 4:43 pm 

Alaria made her way back to the stag with a hurried pace, still making, however, little sound. She was now once again back in the heart of the glade. Hardly had she bent down over the limp animal, though, before sounds were heard, sounds evidently not coming from the road. They were not footsteps, yet it seemed as though someone, or something was walking in the very course of Alaria's current location. She fingered the hilt of her hidden dagger, one once given to her by a comrade in her early years of adult.
“This may befall in need one day,” he had told her. “If only for exceptional use.” And even though her family did not think fond of the gift given, Alaria herself had accepted it with gratitude.
She rose gradually, looking about. No live being could be seen within her eyeshot, naught perhaps for a certain bird adjusting its nest, just before deciding upon closing its small eyes and flutter off to the property of night, and thoughts only a bird would care to ponder.
Alaria searched the settings with her eyes, but not long passed before she grew bored and made it obvious to herself that an animal had wandered about not far from the clearing, only soon to meander off again in any given direction. An additional possibility was that her ears had decided not to co-operate and the sounds heard was in her own mind, by the cause of either weariness or madness. Alaria let go of the dagger beneath her cloak and let out a deep breath, turning to the stag yet again.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 6th, 2006, 5:02 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

The stranger stepped forward with cautious awareness, a faulty stride creating a slight snap of a twig. The figure froze, not willing another step to take place before it was made sure that the maiden had not realized this traveller's presence. All was proved well when the lady returned her focus to the stag, and curiousness brought the hooded being closer still, until finally coming to a stop near directly behind the maiden.

A slight amused smirk could almost be seen beneath the shadow of the hood, but it was quickly set aside while the gloved hand gripped firmly to the dagger. "What might a lady of your sort be doing straying this far from the company, and so poorly armed?" a low and eerily quiet voice questioned from beneath the cloth. "Though I must compliment you on your skill of hunt..." it added, a smirk seeming to be expressed within the low voice.

Still the stranger did not stir position, though readiness was apparent, the gloved hand holding to the anciently wrought dagger, an unseen gaze held to the lady bent over the fallen beast. Words were spoken yet again, in an almost testing manner, "It is not safe to wander so far, for if one were careful enough, they would not hear your cry for help..."

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 6th, 2006, 5:32 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

The sun was drawing slowly to the west and the clouds that have flown from the north have dispersed into mist and so were carried away on the swift currents of the wind high above the fertile fields of Pelennor.

Ingold covered a good half of the distance from the mighty city of Osgiliath towards the great Tower under the White Mountains and was soon on the crossing of the two roads, the one that lead from Anorien down towards the sothern lands of Gondo and the one he rode upon that connected the Tower of the Sun and the city of Osgiliath. His body and the stallion he rode upon cast a firm shadow across the road that leads between the two cities.

His gaze strained for a moment to the south then towards the far north up the road that led towards the northern kingdom of Arnor. Suddenly he percieved a lone rider and his horse in the far distance. Ingold slowed down his horse to a slow trott while watching the rider unable to make out his features. The dark brown and green garments were not known to him. His eyes narrowed for a moment as he stopped the horse fully to a halt.

A strange feeling brewed inside of Ingold's stomach at the sight of the rider. What were his intentions in these heavy times and what was his mission he did not know. He resisted the urge to turn his horse and head towards the unknown rider, he could not risk it for there were other duties to attend to.

Ingold kicked his horse reluctantly then returned his gaze to Minas Anor and soon bolted off into the direction of the main gate that loomed in the far distance but still the silluette of the rider was on his mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 7th, 2006, 7:55 pm 

Alaria sat motionless whilst the voice spoke, not straining a muscle. It, the voice, was that of the female gender. It sounded young, yet knowledgeable and experienced in life. The stranger had approached with light steps, with steps that of an Elf, perhaps, or a skilled ranger. Which ever the case would be was of no importance for Alaria, only that the person seemed to know of what she spoke and thus most likely knew her way with weapons also.
At once and with sudden motion, Alaria reached for her dagger while rising swiftly. This all happened in the time less of a second as she turned and swung her dagger at the figure. The two blades met with a soaring tone, singing throughout the forest. Her gaze met a hooded being, her features hid by the deep shades. Distrust stormed through Alaria’s eyes as she tightened the firm grasp around the hilt of the dagger. At last she spoke.
“I choose rather not answer your question, nor thank you for your compliment.” Not once did the strength of her hand flag, the one in which she held the blade. She continued at once. “For being threatened is not to my liking.”

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 7th, 2006, 11:01 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

"You mistake my words of curious ponderings for a threat, young maiden," the stranger spoke calmly, a firm hold on the ancient blade keeping at bay the lady's dagger. Forcefully, with a strength hidden and only revealed to a small extent, though with no intention to harm the lady, the hooded figure pushed her away, stepping back as well to put ground between them.
"I did not strike you, nor was it my intention to instigate your attack, but I ask again why you risk being such a distance away from the company which is now lingering upon the main road, for surely you have not traveled alone...?"

This stranger, well hooded still, examined the distrust expressed clearly within the face of the woman before her. In a quieter, easier voice, the cloaked woman spoke again.
"These are times of mistrust unfortunately, and I cannot hold the action against you... a just reaction to my coming upon you in silence"

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2006, 4:27 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Alynia whistled softly and Forna stood up and followed her as she paced into the clearing. Her longhair fell over her shoulders as she listened to the two talking. Flicking her hair out of her eyes she watched the dark, hooded figure. Forna followed her masters gaze and she barred her long cannines and a low growl rumbled in her throut.

"Peace, Forna. We don't know if he is a enemy yet."

She said laying a hand on the dogs silky head. She ajusted the strap of her quiver that hung over her shoulder, swaying gently. An elegantly shapen bow hung next to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2006, 10:48 am 
Balrog
Balrog

(Erm, Elogost... even though you are very good at predicting reactions, I do believe you should go and reread the rules placed up in the info... it says no Powerplaying without permission...)

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2006, 11:32 am 
Balrog
Balrog

(We'll wait to speak to tulk or Mire...)

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2006, 11:46 am 

OOC: Yeah, that is powerplaying. Anything that controls the other character, even a nod, is counted as powerplaying. Please re-write that post./OOC

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2006, 1:11 pm 

OOC:
Quote:
Sorry, I'll rewrite it, unless I have your permission to slightly control your characters for that post only?

Not at this time, can't do. /OOC

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next