Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Telekinesis-inspired rp
PostPosted: October 30th, 2017, 9:14 pm 
Ent
Ent

He is wrong, I know it. I'm not even sure if he is my brother, or if he was just trying to push those memories about our old dog and...she paused for a moment, but quickly resumed her thought....anyways, I...I just don't know if I'm ready to....to murder Henry.
Her brows furrowed for a moment and she squeezed his hand as a few tears spilled from her eyes. She was so overwhelmed with emotions and memories that she didn't even know where to begin.
From what you've told me, and from what memories I can muster up about him, Henry was...well, nothing short of evil. But...I can't justify killing him...is that wrong?

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2017, 4:47 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Jaxson nodded internally as Riley spoke of her "brother." Then, she mentioned Henry. At first he scowled, only slightly, then his eyes softened. "No... That's not wrong," he thought back. "I just..." He sighed, feeling frustrated and truth be told a little ashamed. Honestly, given the chance, he would kill Henry for everything the man had done. He felt it justified. The police could not touch him... No one could. The law seemed no help to them so what were they to do? Live their lives under this man's evil simply because those that had the right wouldn't do anything about it?

It was only after he had thought these things that he remembered Riley could hear his thoughts.

He looked to her, eyes burdened with indicesion. "What other choice do we have?" He asked her in his mind. He wasn't sure if he was hoping she had another option so he didn't have to use his, or if he was asking a retorical question.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2017, 6:59 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley could feel Jaxsons' discomfort by the situation, for when he looked into her eyes, she could see the shame and uncertainty. Unfortunately though, she was just as uncertain.
I don't know.
She answered him as her eyes searched his for a better answer, then they began to tear up as she came to the only conclusion that was there at the moment.
Perhaps killing him is the only way we can be free.
A shiver ran down her spine at the thought and she let loose her tears.
I want to be free with you, Jaxson.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2017, 10:38 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Jaxson sighed heavily and fought bacl tears in his own eyes. He reached up with a single hand to dry the drops that slid from Riley’s eyes, holding her hand with his other. “I want that too,” he thought internally. “I want that so bad... more than anything. Maybe- maybe we could run away. Get some money and run far away. Another country where they could never find us?” He sighed audibly again... realizing how ridiculous it sounded. At this point he was so desparate he would do almost anything.

PostPosted: November 6th, 2017, 5:10 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley closed her eyes and brought her hand to cover his, then lowered his fingers to her mouth and kissed them gently before opening her eyes again and gazing longingly into his eyes.
Where....where would we go?
She asked as she twined her fingers through his.

PostPosted: November 8th, 2017, 9:45 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson shrugged. “I don’t know... somewhere remote. Anywhere.” He glanced out the car windows, then back to Riley. A faint smile slid across his face as she kissed his hands and he gave hers a gentle squeeze. “Somewhere we could get lost?” He asked more than stated. “I know... it’s kind of a crazy idea.”

PostPosted: November 10th, 2017, 10:06 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley let the corner of her lips tilt up into a half smile as he squeezed her hand, but the weight of their near future loomed above her like a dark storm cloud. A small, hopeless breath escaped her lips; how could they escape to a remote island when they could barely escape from James, let alone Henry? She sent that thought to Jaxson as she laid her head back on the headrest, then turned her head to catch his reaction.
I know that's not the most positive thought, and...it's not that I don't want to...escape with you...it's just...how?
As if in response to her unspoken question, a police car sped up behind them, blaring its' alarm and flashing its' lights.
Riley's heart began to race as the driver slowed down and started to get over onto the shoulder of the highway.
"What're you doin', man?! James'll kill us if we get caught!" The guard who sat next to Riley questioned their driver before being interrupted by the guard in the passenger seat pounded on the armrest and shouted fearfully.
"GO, GO, GO!"
Everyone was forced back into their seats as the driver pulled out onto the highway and gunned it at full speed. Shouts of fear and also celebration emitted from the guards, and it seemed to Riley-as they raced down the highway, dodging cars and weaving in and out of traffic-that this would be their only way of escape.
Her heart raced with fear as she glared at the driver through his rear facing mirror, and no sooner did she push the thought into his mind did the man begin to go off the road and was headed towards a very large ditch.
Before darkness overwhelmed her, Riley looked at Jaxson, squeezed his hand and uttered quietly. "Trust me."

PostPosted: November 12th, 2017, 10:16 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson sighed. She was right, of course. How? That was something he only dreamed of having an answer to. He took a deep breath... a nervous breath. It didn't last long, though. His breath was cut short at the sound of a cop car behind them blaring its sirens.

Jaxson looked behind them with a mix of emotions. Were they in trouble? More trouble?? Or was it an opportunity to get out of trouble? If they did, though... would it just land them in different trouble? It was that time that he looked back to the front and was snapped back to his seat as the driver of their car put the footfeed to the floor.

They raced down the highway at maddening speeds, recklessly weaving in and out of traffic. Then, he caught Riley's gaze hitting the driver. She was pushing a thought into his mind, but what? Suddenly the driver swerved towards the ditch and Jaxson looked at Riley just in time to see her mouth the words, "Trust me."

Jaxson felt Riley's hand squeeze his and he gripped hers tightly in response. Then, all went black.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2017, 10:49 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley's eyelashes fluttered open, then shut tightly from the intense bright white light above her head and the loud, repeating noise coming from...above her head?
"What...?" She muttered groggily, then gasped in pain as someone stuck her with a needle. When she opened her eyes, she saw a paramedic sticking an IV in her hand and taping it down. He saw her looking at him, and he began to ask her lots of questions: could she see him? Did she feel any pain? Where she felt pain? Did this hurt?
She was answering his questions so quickly that she barely had time to realize where her pain was coming from. But when he touched her leg, she cringed and felt sick to her stomach.
Jaxson. Where is Jaxson?!
Riley looked around the ambulance, but didn't see him. All she saw was another medic, writing down whatever the other one told him too. Her mind began to race, but she was quickly grounded again as the medic gave her some pain meds through the IV. Suddenly, a cold feeling entered her veins and almost immediately she began to feel groggy.
"Jaxson? Where is....Jax...son...?" She unwillingly drifted off into sleep until what seemed like hours later she woke up in a hospital bed. The lights had been dimmed for sleeping, but an insistent beeping noise came from a machine next to her. She cringed at the loud noise, and she looked around the room suddenly, hoping to find Jaxson.
"Jaxson?"

PostPosted: November 19th, 2017, 5:52 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson felt cold against his skin, something like metal. He tried opening his eyes but either they wouldn't open or it was pitch black. He couldn't tell... His mind felt dull and even the simplest of thoughts seemed monumental.

He opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. At least not that he heard. With his senses seemingly vacant and his voice lost he began to panic. He thrashed, tried to sit up... He tried anything. Nothing worked, though. He felt paralyzed.

Finally he started to hear faint voices and a methodic pulsating beep. Then one voice drew closer and he felt a sting on his arm and what few senses he had regained, vanished. All was black and his mind drifted off into a stupor. He wasn't sleeping... just trapped in a long expanse that was void of everything... Of anything but his own thoughts.

Meanwhile, into Riley's room walked a nurse. Hearing Riley speak she walked to her bedside. "Who are you looking for dear? Who is Jaxson?" The elderly nurse asked.

PostPosted: November 19th, 2017, 9:43 pm 
Ent
Ent

(OOC: Ooh, interesting twist.)

Riley inhaled sharply, nearly jumping out of her skin at the sudden sound of a voice in her room. But when she saw that it was only an older nurse, her nerves began to calm down a bit; it was only when she processed the question the nurse asked that her nerves began to fray again.
"My...my boyfriend. Jaxson? He...he was with me in the car....in the...accident?"
Her breath caught in her throat at the confused expression on the older womans' face. Where was he?
"Please, ms...please, can you tell me where he is? Is he...is he okay?"
Her mind began to race with doubts and fears at what might have happened to him. But when she began to sit up, she realized that she had straps around her wrists and ankles, tethering her to the bed.
"What is happening?"
She muttered out loud as she looked at the nurse with fear in her eyes.

PostPosted: November 20th, 2017, 6:23 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

( Feel free to take it any direction you like. :) I only have a vague simple chain of events in mind. )

"I truly am sorry about this," the nurse told her, her brows creased with lament. "And... As for your boyfriend... I'm afraid his injuries were more severe. He needed surgery and our surgeon is on vacation. We meda-flighted him to the hospital across town."

PostPosted: November 21st, 2017, 6:45 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley heard the nurses' words, but the shock kept her from answering right away.
What did she mean? Surely his wounds weren't that bad.....were they?
"Wait!" She called out as the nurse turned to leave.
"I...I don't understand what you mean...I mean...I do, but...ma'am...I'm so...I'm so frightened. Isn't there anything you can do? Can't you...transfer me to wherever he is at or something?"
She was begging and she knew it; she wasn't proud of it, but she had to...otherwise, what choice would she have of seeing Jaxson again?
"Please, miss. I need to see him."

PostPosted: November 21st, 2017, 6:50 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

The elderly nurse sighed, she seemed tired. “Young lady, you are lucky you are not with him. Your injuries were very minor. I’m just a nurse, I don’t habe the authority to transfer you anyways. Right now we are just trying to find out who the two of you are and who your relatives are so we can notify them of your condition. Where do you live?”

PostPosted: November 21st, 2017, 9:14 pm 
Ent
Ent

"I'm lucky I'm not with him?" Riley patience was beginning to wear thin, but before she let her anger out on this woman-this elderly woman-who obviously seemed tired, she closed her eyes and took a few breaths.
Jaxson...? I hope you can still hear me. We are in two different hospitals and all they are telling me is that you are in...surgery....I'm going to find you, Jaxson...so, just stay where you are. I will find you.
When she opened her eyes, Riley looked at the nurse with sadness as she realized that she no longer had parents.
"My name is Riley Anderson, miss. The only family I have is him...is Jaxson. My parents...they....died...about a year ago. Please, miss, isn't there anyone I can talk to who would let me see my boyfriend?"

PostPosted: November 21st, 2017, 9:23 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

The softened when Riley spoke of her parents and Jaxson beng all she had left. With a sigh she told Riley, “I’ll tell the doctors. If they think you are well enough to move they may be willing to sign the transfer papers. No promises, though, ‘kay kid?”

Jaxson, still feeling lost in the darkness, finally heard a familiar voice. “Riley!? Is that you?” His jusgement was still skewed but he was pretty sure it was her. “I don’t know... anything. I don’t know where I am or what is going on.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next