Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Telekinesis-inspired rp
PostPosted: January 28th, 2018, 4:07 pm 
Ent
Ent

A flame of hope began to rekindle inside Riley's heart as he spoke, but for a moment, that flame was doused with helplessness.
"Jaxson, do you not remember the van ride?" She turned her body and sat down on the bed before laying down next to him.
"You and I were riding in a van...Henry was taking us back to the city, but...but we stopped and Whetherford took you away into his car." She shook her head lightly and began to draw circles on his chest.
"You were fighting him the whole way though...and Jax? You...he died...you were trying to protect me, and...well I guess...I guess you overheated."
By now the nurse had come inside, and was checking Jaxsons' vitals and administering him some more fluids via his IV.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2018, 10:20 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Jaxson squinted, trying to remember. "I do remember... Most of it." A smile came to his face as Riley lay down next to him. "I remember you laying with me." He looked as Riley traced circles on his chest with her finger. "We were going to get married... And then... I don't remember what happened after I was put in the car."

Jaxson wrapped his arms around her, despite the slight pain it caused. "So Weatherford is... Dead?" Jaxson ignored the nurse. He kept his eyes on Riley. "Good..." He said before Riley could answer, his voice sounding cold, but troubled.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: January 29th, 2018, 7:18 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley rested her head on Jaxsons' shoulder and smiled at him as he told her what he remembered. Her brows pulled together in concern as he mentioned Whetherford and she pushed herself up to her elbow and rested her hand on his cheek.
"Jaxson, it wasn't your fault..." She paused as she heard the nurse move a piece of machinery across the room, so she searched his eyes, continuing her thought in his mind.
Whetherford's death was not your fault. You...you were trying to protect me, and you overheated. It's okay.
She hoped that she sounded more convincing than she really felt. Yes, his death was technically due to defending her, but the fact still remained. A man had died by his...outburst. She sighed and gently rested her hand on his chest again.
"It will be okay." She whispered quietly before laying back down next to him and closing her eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Excuse me, Mr. Paxton, he's right in here..." The nurse who had just come out of Jaxsons' room smiled at a man in a suit with a name tag saying he was the patients relative. She pointed at the door she just came from then continued on with her work.
Henry knocked on the door, then opened it and walked in. He reached inside his suit jacket and pulled out a gun, aiming it at the two kids.
"Did you really think that you could get away with murder?"

PostPosted: January 29th, 2018, 11:04 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Jaxson lay silently, even hearing Riley's voice in his head. He only hugged her tighter in response to her comforting words.

The next thing he knew the door was opening and Henry walked in. Before he knew what else to do he was reaching for the call button near his hospital bed to call the nurse.

PostPosted: January 31st, 2018, 5:18 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley's eyes shot open at the sound of a terrible voice she thought she would never have to hear again.
Henry.
And he was aiming a gun at them!
Anger began to rise within her as she sat up and blocked Jaxson from Henry's line of sight.
"You do realize that you are in a hospital, don't you? If you fire that gun, everyone will know it was you, and you will be taken away."
Henry's eye twitched and Riley stood-now feeling emboldened by her anger and bitterness towards this man.
"You won't win."
Riley bore her eyes into his and started to push a thought into his mind.
Leave us. Go to the authorities and turn yourself-
Riley couldn't finish her thought because pain suddenly overwhelmed her. Before her legs gave way and she collapsed onto the ground, Riley saw two things. Henry held a stunned expression on his face and his eyes suddenly became glossy as he started to fall forward onto the floor beside her. As he fell, Rand's face came into view, and he had in his hands a large gun-looking like he just hit someone.
Riley lifted a trembling hand placed it on her lower abdomen, but when she pulled it away, she realized that she had been shot.
And she was bleeding.
Rand shouted out the door for the nurse and her vision began to blur as the nurse ran in and began to help her.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2018, 11:58 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(sorry, been having a bunch of baby goats, so been pretty busy.)

Jaxson was trying to concentrate and not iverjeat again when he heard a gun shot. He saw Riley drop to the floor and suddenly his anger gave way to fear.

"Riley!" He tried to reach for her, but he couldn't get out of his hospital bed.

A nurse ran in and helped Riley, lifting her into a bed. Jaxson looked up to see Rand as Henry fell to the floor. He was still trying to process everything when he looked back to Riley.

"How bad is it?" He asked the nurse.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2018, 10:40 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Hey friend! I apologize for being MIA these past few days...life had me busy with traveling to and from a wedding. Also, my muse left me...but she has returned and is in good health! XD I hope you are doing well!)

After she had moved the girl-Riley-onto the bed next to Jaxson, the nurse quickly began to press gauze over the gunshot wound, replacing it every few seconds with fresh gauze as it began to seep with her blood. She freed one of her gloved hands and grabbed the hospital phone she kept in her pocket, and as she waited for the someone to pick up on the other end, she looked up at Jaxson with trepidation in her eyes.
One of the other nurses picked up and she immediately relayed the status of their new patient.
One by one, nurses entered the room and scurried about, readying the instruments they brought in for the doctor to take the bullet out of Riley or to put her under anesthesia for surgery or to perform CPR.
Finally, the doctor came in and examined Riley, but as he was examining the wound, he noticed that her lips were turning a shade of blue and her face was becoming ashen.
"Clear the area, I need two nurses on standby. CPR is needed. Monica, I need you to get those men out of here and call 911. Let's go people!"
Monica immediately asked Rand to follow her out to the waiting room, so he picked up Henry and hauled him out with him.
Even though Riley was out cold, she could still hear a hustle and bustle above her-albeit it was very muffled and confusing. But one thing she didn't hear was the one voice she missed. Jaxson.
Why wasn't he saying anything? Had he been shot?!
Jaxson...? It was a shot in the dark, and she didn't know if he'd be able to hear her over the clamor above her, but she tried again.
Jaxson??

PostPosted: February 9th, 2018, 8:30 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(It's all good! I have been very busy with my goats lately. We had another large group of kids born and I have five that I am bottling by hand as well as two others I am weaning off the bottle. So I have not been on much lately either.)

Jaxson watched in terror. He wasn't getting an answer from the nurse and his stomach churned and ached when he saw Riley's face turn colors. "No... No," he whispered and shook his head. "I can't lose you Riley!"

As the nurses and doctor worked hurriedly Jaxson watched in emotional perrel. Then he heard a voice in his head.

Jaxson??

--Riley!!-- He thought back. --Riley, please tell me you are ok.--

It was a stupid question, but he didn't know what else to say.

PostPosted: February 20th, 2018, 10:39 pm 
Ent
Ent

Jaxson....I...I'm fine, I think. I just...I can't move my arms, or my legs...am I...am I dead?
Riley felt the words leave her mind and immediately regretted them; she didn't want to make him worry about her...it would only cause him more pain.

The nurses and doctors continued trying to restart her heart, but nothing was working....the seconds turned into minutes, and her face began to become even more pale and ashen in color.

PostPosted: February 20th, 2018, 11:39 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"Riley! Please, you have to fight. You have to try. You've been shot. You're not... Breathing. Riley please...."

Jaxson trembled in fear. He was bedridden and unable to do anything. He hated feeling so helpless.

PostPosted: February 9th, 2019, 1:44 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Riley heard the fear in Jaxsons' voice as he pleaded with her, but his voice was muffled; and when she listened closer, she could hear the faint beeping of the monitor amidst the sound of nurses and doctors rushing around her, prodding and poking her.

It was odd though, because despite being able to feel the pokes and prods, she felt...numb. Her whole body did.

Then it hit her.

She was dying.

Fear rushed through her veins, pushing adrenaline back into her heart, and suddenly her eyes opened and she gasped for breath.

The nurses and doctors rushed an oxygen mask over her head, pumping a big balloon to force oxygen into her lungs.
She felt light headed and closed her eyes, but she quickly opened her eyes again after feeling the urge to fall asleep.

"Jaxson...?"

Her voice sounded strange to her under the oxygen mask around her face, but her head finally began to clear up, and when it did, she realized that she was in pain.

Her eyes widened and her hands trembled by her side as she looked around for him.
The nurses gently laid their hands on her shoulders and began to tell her what was happening, what they were going to do.
But she couldn't hear any of it.
All she wanted was him.
That's all.
"Jaxson..."

She lifted her hand and reached out trembling fingers towards him as tears streamed down her face.
She would be okay.
She would live, and they would be together.
Everything would be fine.

The nurse started to administer pain meds via an IV as another prepared the tools to get the bullet out of her stomach.

Riley found Jaxson's eyes and she smiled as the pain medication began to take effect.
I love you. I'm sorry I scared you.

The doctors began to work on her stomach, quickly and carefully taking the bullet and shrapnel out before cleaning the wound and stitching her back up.

PostPosted: February 9th, 2019, 8:01 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson’s eyes widened as he heard Riley speak. Not just in his head this time! He tried to take her hand, but the nurses hardly allowed him to get to her. They rushed here and there, continually stepping between the two of them.

“Riley... Riley please hold on!” Jaxson implored her. “I-I need you to live. I need you.”

His words were a whisper, but he sent them through their mind link as well as speaking them audibly. He reached, the tips of his fingers tpuching hers as a tear slid down his cheek. He could see the pain on her face as the nurses began to administer the pain meds.

He watched in silent horror as the procedure continued. It looked positive, though. It seemed like the nirses and doctors had done the job well. As the commotion settled he slipped back around the nurses and to Riley’s side, taking her hand in his own.

PostPosted: February 9th, 2019, 11:21 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

The effects of the medication were starting to really show; her eyelids started feeling heavy as sleep begged her to get better. But hearing Jaxsons voice out loud and in her head kept the desire to sleep at bay.
She didn’t want to sleep, she didn’t want to miss anything with him.

“Jaxson, I...” She paused as she looked up into his eyes, searching them as saw how red they were; his cheeks had tears stains down them.
“Oh, Jaxson....please-“ a wonderful warmth covered her as she felt his hands cover hers, and she couldn’t help but smile.
“Please, don’t cry.”
Her brows knit together as concern etched its lines into her face, but it wasn’t long before her own tears started to surface.
“It’s okay....we’re gonna be okay.”
Her thumb rubbed the back of his hand and she let out a trembling breath, only then aware that she was crying.
“Don’t leave me, Jaxson.”
She whispered with a trembling voice as the pain medication finally took over, pulling her into a deep sleep.

PostPosted: February 15th, 2019, 9:12 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson smiled down at Riley, trying to put on a strong face as she urged him not to cry. He nodded at her words, wanting to reply, but aftaid if he did his words would come out too mournful.

He held her hand, perhaps tighter than he realized.

As she spoke one last time, “Don’t leave me, Jaxson.”

“I won’t,” he promised right before she slipped away. “I will never leave you, Riley.” Then, in his mind, he added. -I love you, Riley-

He leaned down and kissed her forehead affectionately, then looked up to the nurses.

“Will she recover?”

PostPosted: February 18th, 2019, 4:45 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

The last thing Riley heard was the sound of Jaxson's voice, telling her that he wouldn't leave her, and reminding her how he felt. She smiled softly before falling into a deep sleep that was enhanced by the pain medication.

The nurses were busy cleaning up after the crisis, but there was one who was checking Riley's pulse, and she turned after hearing the young man ask a question.
When she looked at him, she was touched by his concern for her, they were obviously in love, but what had just happened was probably causing them stress.
By the look of it, he seemed very stressed out.
She smiled warmly and nodded.
"She will undoubtedly recover. I can't see the future, so I cannot promise you anything, but she seems very resilient."
She gently took his arm and ushered him back to his own bed, and helped him lay down.
"The best thing that both of you can do right now is to rest."

A sound at the door made the nurse immediately perk up, and she stood in front of both the beds; her eyes squinting at the tall man in a suit, her fingers hovering over the '911' button on her phone.

Rand held up his hands, then slowly reached into his coat pocket and pulled out his badge, showing it to the nurse-who in turn relaxed, but still stood between the beds.
"Miss, I'm going to need to ask them a few questions about what happened today. The police are already here and they are working with your I.T. guys to help with security. But I'm curious as to how he even found these kids...."
Rand furrowed his brows, then sighed after a long pause.
"I'll come back in a few hours and check in on them. Here is my card with my work number on it, call me if there are any changes to there behavior..."
After the nurse took the card, Rand nodded then walked out, shaking his head and gritting his teeth.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2019, 6:10 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson laid down, trying to rest. It was hard, though, given the state of things. The reassurance from the nurse eased his mind, but only a little. Finally, fatigue set in and his eyes slid closed.

Shortly after that Rand walked in. He trusted the man, but he certainly didn’t feel like answering any questions at the time, so he pretended he was sleeping. It must have convinced everyone, including himself. Before Rand even left the room, he was fast asleep.

Later when he woke, he wasn’t sure how long it had been. He glanced around. The lighting was dimmed. He looked to Riley. “Riley?” He whispered, then followed with his mind. -Are you awake?-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next