Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently June 5th, 2024, 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 6:40 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

George threw himself to the ground dramatically "Ah Lady Elenor you slay me with your smile, for it is more radient than the sun; and in that you are aptly named for your presance is the sun's rays to my darked life." He sat back up again with a boyish laugh before looking at her more soberly. "In all seriouseness though Lady, your are very beutiful, I wasn't jokeing about that. Nor was I jokeing about wishing to be your conpanion, and"[/i] And here his grin was back with a force, "anthing else you might permit me to be. But I am being rude." He got to his feet swiftly and made as low a bow as he would give any of his mothers freinds.

"My name is George Carter, second son of Micheal Carter; First Spice Merchant of the county of Camalae. I am meant to be travelling to find rare spices but I would be hounerd if you would allow me to accompany you on your quest...it will definately be more fun anyway. So tell me all about it."
He flumped back down opposite her but not before he had grabbed a large portion of cheese and white bread from his cart, half of whitch he pressed into her hands before looking at her expectantly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 6:48 pm 
Maia
Maia

Eleanor nodded with a smiled again. "Perhaps you've heard the rumors of a certain item that is said to bring back the Goddess old, the one that kept the world in balance." She took a bit of the bread, it was nothing like she ever had before, it tasted far grander then her simple home made bread. "I ahve decided to search for it and bring the goddess back. I wish not to have anymore families lose loved ones like I have." She looked at George. "About a week ago raider came through my village and killed many, mostly ovver half the men, including my father." She said this with a serious face, yes it had been about a week, but none of them could afford to grieve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 7:10 pm 

Bardon Teague left the small tavern, looking ruefully at the coins left in his purse. While he still had enough for a week or so, he would need to find another odd job, and soon. Bardon heaved a sigh. Most towns had their own tanner, and work was scarce. Removing a hard brown loaf of bread from his pack and rubbing his leg - he'd woken up with it stiff again - Bardon trudged down the dusty road towards the next hopeful place.

He had gone for a few hours - the sun was shining almost directly in his eyes - when he heard what seemed to be an amorous lover exhorting his love. Rounding a bend, Bardon saw a gentleman and lady sharing bread on a grassy area. He stood silent and waited, not wanting to interrupt what could be an...interesting scene.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 7:10 pm 
Istari
Istari

Doom and oppression have a feeling. Everyone can identify that when doom comes one feels pressed down and darkness follows. The Innetra twins reveled in this feeling as they glided down the road. The silence was overwhelming as animals and humans alike fled from their presence. Mist clopped along, Sinome riding lightly on her back, while Etra walked beside, swinging his staff idly from hand to hand.

"Have you heard the rumors, brother?" Sinome spoke softly from her perch on her horse.

"The ones of the goddess? They are but superstition." Etra snorted in distain.

"But if they are true, could not we gain control of this goddess by possessing her item?" a wicked grin crossed the evil woman's face.

A mirroring grin crossed her brothers, "Aye, we could."

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 7:14 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

He stopped with bread half way to his mouth. He could never imagine looseing his father. He wanted to comfort her and made a move to do so before stopping himself. Maybe that wouldn't be proper, he hardly knew her and this wasn't like earlier when he's been fooling around with a pretty woman. She was obviousely much stronger and more versatile than she at first seemed. "I'm so sorry, it must be awful, if there's anything I can do...anything at all."

He meant it. He wouldn't know what he would do in her position. He was silent for a few moment before he was caught up in the idea of adventure, of glory and houner. No longer would he be only the second son of a succesful merchant. He would be a hero, bards would sing of him, he would have saved the world, returned the Goddess. And of course there would be enemies to fight, evil sorcerers and wicked witches. And he would show his fighting prowess and Elenor and all the ladies of the world would fall at his feet.

His grin grew to almost manic proportions as he clapped his hands with excitement at the prospect. Of course he had heard nothing about the said artifact and quickly informed her of this fact, enquireing for all the information she had and is she knew where they could find this legendary item.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 8:40 pm 
Maia
Maia

Eleanor raised her eye brow at his sudden eagerness but then shook her head. "I have ask many a person to tell me what they knew of the stories, and all told me the same. And as of yet therr is no clue as to where this item maybe. But to have a companion on my quest would be a fine idea. But unfortuanatly I have no horse, leaving the family mare at home to be of better use, and I have not the money to buy, nor rent one. And I hardly think your horse would mind a second rider."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lady Ashta Miner smiled as she left her home for her daily ride, one she took to check on her fathers lands and made sure the people who worked for him stayed in their place. For if they were one step out of line, she had the pleasure to whip them, literally, back in line. Her black whip was a gift from her father, he had told her to gain respect and power only need prodding. So she used the item with glee.

She had just entered the small town when she saw a pair on horses comming towards her, both wore evily smug grins. Ashta smiled as she reconized the woman. "Scaring the livestock again?" She smirked refering to the running people. "Pray tell, what has caused this grand smile I see upon your face?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 9:38 pm 
Maia
Maia

Piper Rivers
Pictures:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/ ... _corpo.jpg
Siblings: None
Hair: dark brown-black
Eyes: brown
Personality: determined, has a lot of energy despite her quiet, reserved personality
Weapons: bow/arrows, a staff
History: This remarkable young woman has made friends with a wolf, her mate and a pair of ferrets. She is well trained in sword + staff craft, and also in archery. Piper is a sharp shooter, and much prefers to carry around her staff + bow, as prefered to a sword, despite her ability to wield one.Her mother died when she was little, leaving behind Piper with her father. Distraught, Mr. Rivers left his only daughter behind in a small village. This led to her lack of friends, except for the ferrets that she had taken in. At age 17, she met Findabhair, who saved the young woman from becoming the victim of a vicious alpha male. Later on in that year, Néall became one of Piper's pack purely by chance, even the young woman was not sure as to why or how Néall had come to join them.

(I shall have to think of a proper post later, but that is my Character for now.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 9:56 pm 
Maia
Maia

((ok, thanks for joining.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2010, 5:05 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

"My lady I am a trader!" He laughed happilly jumping up and gestureing to his small cart, partially filled with his belongings and a few new spices he'd found.
"You may ride behind my horse with me at your side, you need to fear of ever needing to walk again and every night I shall find a warm inn for you to lay your head...next to mine."
He made as if to move towards her but saw a man out of the courner of his eye and pulled himself up sharply.

"GOODMORNING GOOD SIR!" He called, hopeing the man hadn't been watching, he didn't want any man thinking him weak. "Will you come and share your meal with us and share the news?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2010, 1:27 pm 
Maia
Maia

Eleanor was about to speak up when she saw the other man watching. "Hello, forgive George, he is a little enthusiastic." she said giving George a smirk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2010, 3:43 pm 

Having only seen a few minutes of conversation, Bardon was still unsure as to what this man was all about. One thing he did know, however, was that this was no lover's meet. He nodded his head in thanks as he walked over to the two.

"Where are you bound this day?" He asked with a slight bow. The quality of their clothing was enough to bring deference about.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2010, 5:12 pm 
Maia
Maia

Misa_Amane wrote:
((ok, thanks for joining.))

{You're quite welcome}

Frowning, Piper Rivers tied up her black hair, before turning her attention back to the clutter of arrows at her feet. Next to her, watching her curiously were a pair of ferrets, one of which, was scolding her in what little way a ferret could. Piper watched in amusement as Freedom did what she could to get the attention of the 18 year old. With a sigh, Piper settled on the grass in order to achieve better communication with the animal and ran her hand through Freedom's fur, "I know Freedom. I worry far too much. I can't concentrate knowing...well not knowing, but hearing about the item associated with the goddess of old...I can't help it!"

Chittering, the ferret rubbed herself against Piper's leg, encouraging her to return her attention back to her arrows. Smiling, the young woman put away her arrows, picked up her staff, stood up and observed the village in which she grew up. With Findabhair + Néall out hunting, Piper was left to tend to the ferrets and her arrows. In the distance lay the house in which she grew up. 'No turning back. Time to move forward.' She told herself sternly as she turned away from the house which contained so many memories for her.

Her attention continued to stray, finally focussing on 2 men and a lady.

Last edited by Nienna of Rohan on July 31st, 2010, 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 30th, 2010, 10:29 pm 
Maia
Maia

((your welcome.))

Eleanor smiled at the stranger. "I have been seeking information about an item. I had stopped here to rest and met George who has invited himself to join my quest, and I will let him, after setting some rules first." She explained giving George a look saying, don't start looking foolish again. She wasn't prepared to put up with his attitude if she had him follow her, and she knew she could use help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2010, 4:37 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

George cheekily winked back at her before makeing a low bow to the fellow. He smelled of...yes this man was a tanner most defiantely and a few ranks below . But for all his faults he was not a snob and saw the possibility of a freind and fellow carefree adventuer in the mans eyes; after all most of his freinds at home (who'd he'd got up to many a prank with) we're as his Father put it Unsuitable!.
So he grinned saying "I'm George Carter, pleased to make your aquaintance sir...? May i tempt you into shareing a spot of lunch with us?" And held out his hand in a freindly manner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2010, 10:28 pm 
Maia
Maia

Eleanor stood up and held her hand out as well. "Eleanor Smith. Sorry for not intorducing myself right away." She smiled at him, and glanced at George. "It seems you have manners after all George." She said with a smirk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2010, 5:28 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

George glanced at her with a mix of fun and genuine hurt in his eyes. He did have manners! He may be lazy, a womaniser, and always up for causeing mistchief; but he prided himself on his manners, knowing how to handel most people. His father as a merchant had instilled this in him from a young age, and yes maybe he abused this occasionlly to be charming to woman, but he knew how to be polite and courteouse to anyone.

So when he spoke it was tinged slightly with sarcasm "My Lady cannot complain that my manner to her is anything but exemplary. True I may have been overcome with my feelings but I cannot be held to blame, for your beutey is such that any man would be over come."

(You should know that i'm going to not have internet for the next week. I'm going on holiday, sorry :( )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next