Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 17th, 2024, 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 10:15 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Brilliant post, Ara! =D :pirate: )

As the new morning dawned with a pale sky, Morgaine observed Zoe silently. The girl had poured her heart out to her, telling her everything she’d wanted to know, and confirming Morgaine’s suspicions. She had power: great power. But her gift was unused and vulnerable; Zoe needed to be shown the way, and Morgaine could think of no better mentor than herself. A smile quirked up her lips in reaction to Zoe’s innocent question. It was a warm, kind smile; despite her triumph, Morgaine wanted to help Zoe from her heart, to ease her burden. Zoe had told Morgaine her secrets, revelations she’d not even trusted that man Shiloh with. She felt that she now had a duty to do what she could for her. “Of course I will help you,” she replied, her gaze never moving from Zoe’s face. She reached out and took the girl’s hand in hers; her hold was gentle, but at the same time firm.

She let a few moments pass in silence as they sat there in silent contemplation. All that could be heard was the sound of the sea. After a little while, Morgaine spoke again. “You must be taught to control these strange occurrences,” she said, softly. “You will have to bend the power to your will. In time you’ll come to see that this doesn’t have to be a curse; if you know how to use it, it is a gift. Something wonderful, to be treasured.” She squeezed Zoe’s hand in encouragement. “You see, Zoe – it is a blessing.” Her eyes flashed in the morning light. “But before I can help you, I must ask you something. I require you not to tell your friend anything about this. He might not understand; he might try to dissuade you from your purpose.”

She looked away, directing her gaze out towards the sea. Her expression was calm. As she gently released Zoe’s hand, her bracelets jingled. She could not have looked more tranquil or at ease with life. Morgaine knew that she was an example to Zoe of how life could be for her, if she chose. Her smile widened slightly before she looked back at her new friend. The only word for her was vibrant, despite her composure. “I shall pass onto you the knowledge my mother gave to me when I was a child; knowledge you should have been given a long time ago. And you’ll see what great things shall come of this. Because, you can trust me with all your heart, Zoe; I will not tell a soul what you confided to me in confidence.” She leaned forward, lowering her voice. “You have nothing to fear now.”

It was in this moment that the cry of “land ho!” went up, distracting Morgaine from Zoe. She rose to her feet and cast her gaze over the glittering blue ocean, letting it rest on the sight of Tortuga in the distance. Land. In the early morning light, life was once more beginning it’s usual cycle. The hours Morgaine and Zoe had spent talking in the darkness of the night almost seemed to belong to another world. She threw a wide smile over her shoulder towards her new young friend.

~~~

“Answer that door!” The yell came from upstairs. Marianne Black was probably still locked in her room, preparing herself for the day, dressing herself from head to toe in black – the perpetual widow. Her command was directed at Rosalind, one of the barmaids, who sat downstairs in the empty tavern, ignoring the tapping on the door and draining a measure of ale. Who on earth could be calling at this godforsaken hour in the morning? No doubt they wanted a room. That was what they all wanted… rooms and drink and food. Rosalind was thoroughly sick of it. More tapping at the door followed, resulting in another shout from above.

“For heaven’s sake! Answer the door!”

“Alright, keep your hair on!” Rosalind hollered, pushing back the chair from the table and heaving herself to her feet. She was usually lithe, but today she had a hangover, which she was treating with more alcohol. Rosalind was a beautiful young woman of twenty-eight; anyone glancing her way would have seen that she was bred for grander things than tending a bar in Tortuga. She was tall and slender, with flawless, milky pale skin; her features were delicate and doll-like, her eyes blue and glinting with almost feline mischief. Her hair was smooth and blonde, this morning swept back from her face in a bun; long curls escaped from the style, cascading loosely about her neck. However, no one knew that this was in fact a wig, and that her real hair concealed underneath was raven black. Her gown looked as if it might once have been fine; it was pink, with a rose-red hue, worn and faded, only a little of it’s old shine left. The skirts were frilled, and they rustled as she moved towards the door. The sleeves were ripped straight off, exposing her slim shoulders and arms. She grabbed a shawl patterned with flowers off of one of the tables, draping it about her elbows, before she wrenched open the door to the tavern and raked her gaze over the person standing outside.

In her hung-over state, it took her only a little while to discern that Elizabeth was in fact a woman. Her male attire did not explain away her feminine features, and there was a kind of… noble air about her that Rosalind recognized instantly. This girl had been born to better things too. How had she ended up here? After a few moments of simply standing there, her arms folded, she gave a small, short laugh. “Well, don’t loiter, sweetheart,” she said. “You’d best be coming in. Room you want, is it? Or some strong drink?” She friendlily hooked her arm through Elizabeth’s elbow and did not so much help her inside, as drag her. “Sit yourself down.” She placed the girl in a seat.

Suddenly, there was the sound of thundering footsteps on the staircase. Within a few moments, Angel Summers, the other barmaid, came bounding into the room, her step full of spring. She was a slight, fragile-looking girl, with curling golden hair, a hopeful smile and a patched dress. “An early customer!” she exclaimed. She beamed at Elizabeth with childlike excitement. Needless to say, she was still new to the job. “Would they like a drink, maybe? Do you think?”

“Undoubtedly,” Rosalind replied. Her smile was fond as she watched Angel bound off to pour Elizabeth a drink. Her hangover seemingly forgotten, she hopped up onto the table Elizabeth was sitting at, seating herself neatly and smoothing her skirts. She observed the girl with an archly raised eyebrow. Her smile held an almost taunting edge; it was obviously all meant in good fun, to amuse herself. “Might I enquire as to why you find yourself here at such an ungodly hour, sir?” She said the last word with extreme emphasis, her gleaming eyes indicating that Elizabeth wasn’t fooling her.

Suddenly, there was a loud crash as Angel dropped a jug of ale all over the floor, the glass shattering. Cursing, Rosalind leapt down from the table. “For heaven’s sake Angel!” she exclaimed, pulling the girl back from the broken glass with the protectiveness of a mother hen, although her tone was harsh. “Where did you leave your brain this morning?”

“I’m sorry Lin. It’s just I saw something out of the window.” Angel was trembling slightly as she pointed towards the view which had so alarmed her. “It’s that ship in the harbour, look!” Rosalind rolled her eyes, strolling over to the open window and craning out to catch a glimpse of what Angel pointed out. A ship with tattered black sails. Rosalind’s heart gave an ominous thud; long ago, she’d been a crewmember of the Pearl, before she, Cairbre and Guinevere had found their own ship. Just remembering those days, back when she’d been with them, when she’d been a pirate, was enough to make her feel dizzy. Quickly, she slammed shut the window and turned to Angel with raised eyebrows.

“We’ve got work to do,” she stipulated. There was no point wasting her time on memories. As far as she was concerned, those days were over. The last time she’d seen Cairbre, here in Tortuga in fact, she had sent him away. Rosalind had been too ashamed and too drunken to think that her brother could ever forgive her for leaving. She was now determined that Cairbre and Guin were better off without her, wherever they both were now.

~~~

Bathsheba followed Jesse into Cutler Beckett’s office just as a tall, dark-haired man exited it. She only glanced at him for a moment as he passed by, before focusing the entirety of her attention on the matter at hand. The door closed firmly behind them, and she immediately dropped into a respectful curtsy, bowing her fair head. Her hair fell over her face, concealing the glare that now twisted her features. She was utterly furious with Jesse for daring to stand up to her. How could he have been so rude, so utterly without respect? He was a nobody, a nothing! The smug smile he’d given her still infuriated her. He wanted her to be a good little wife, and scuttle about after him without raising her opinion. Very well; she would act the part of the obedient spouse in Lord Beckett’s presence, but when they were alone she would tear him to pieces. She’d show him the repercussions of treating her so unkindly.

After a moment or so, she rose up from her curtsy, raising her head with a smile. Her blue gaze turned swiftly towards Beckett; her expression never wavered, but she could not help but note the man’s… scarcity of stature. Bathsheba was a tall woman, and there was no way she could make herself shorter than him. But despite the initial surprise, she was determined to treat this man with the utmost respect; he was the key to Jesse’s success, and so her success, too. She had already sworn that she would pressure Jesse to obey Beckett in all things.

She did not speak yet, but only waited for Jesse to do so. It would appear unseemly if she took the reigns of the conversation. Jesse had said that her inability to act as if she was in his service would crumble his chance of success. Why did this have to be so? Bathsheba believed that, if given Jesse’s job, she’d be at least a hundred times more capable than he was. She had the brains, and the competence. She yearned for her talents to be recognized, but she knew that she had to rely on Jesse to see her dreams carried out. She didn’t care about his conscience; all she wanted was for him to become a man of importance. Clasping her hands in front of her, she was gripped by irritation and impatience. In her view, Jesse had not the skill or competence to turn a situation to his advantage – to do something clever. These reasons, she believed, were all perfectly valid, and enough to excuse her of what she was about to do.

Suddenly, she stepped forward past Jesse, towards Beckett, ignoring any complaints her “husband” might have. If she wanted something doing, she had to do it herself – that was her motto. She dropped another, smaller curtsy before speaking up, raising her head high, her blue eyes steady and seemingly calm. “Lord Beckett.” Her accent was smooth and refined. “Forgive me for speaking out of turn, but I believe you must have some commission for my husband, and I cannot doubt that he is eager to carry it through.” She paused, glancing for a moment towards Jesse, who she knew would be furious. Let him seethe. “However, I wish it to be known that I too am eager to be at your service; whatsoever task you might wish my husband to complete, I too can be relied upon to see it carried through. I am your lordship’s humble servant.” Stepping back, she bowed her head, retreating back into humble wife mode. Through her strands of long blonde hair, she peered at Jesse with a sly, victorious smile.

~~~

The first thing Guinevere heard as she ascended the steps of the top deck of the Pearl was the cry of “land ho!” Looking around, she saw that the deck was already busy; not far away, she saw Sam, Edward and Varianna standing together. A small smile graced Guin’s lips; perhaps they were patching out a truce between them. Guin knew that a declaration of peace was definitely what Sam needed, and she wanted what was best for her friend. Deciding to leave them be for now, she turned to look at the sight of Tortuga in the distance. How deceptively beautiful it looked from this distance! As the calls went out for help bringing the ship into dock, she started forward, her limbs feeling light, and her entire being filled with happiness and excitement. The events of last night were still fresh in her mind. Her steps had a bounce as she walked. Cairbre loved her, loved her, loved her… he always had. Last night, she had torn down the barriers she’d placed around her emotions; she no longer had to hide her feelings from herself, or from him. She loved Cairbre so much. Just knowing that he loved her too, and so devotedly, so absolutely, made her feel dizzy. She’d see him again very soon; butterflies danced in her stomach as she looked around the deck for any sign of his presence. She couldn’t spot him amongst the assembled crew, but she knew it wouldn’t be long before she saw him. There were so many things that she wanted to say. In fact, she wanted to declare her feelings to the entire crew, from atop the crow’s nest if necessary. Her emotions were buzzing with utter joy, and she loved it.

She walked past Varianna, who had just left Sam and Edward, and Guin could not help directing a beaming smile towards the woman, despite the rivalry she knew existed between Vari and Sam – although maybe it had been mended now. “Morning, Vari!” she threw over her shoulder as she passed by. “Beautiful day, isn’t it?” Today, everything was beautiful to Guin. Even the sight of Eve with a hangover dragging herself up the steps to the deck was tinted with sunlight. She waved merrily to the young woman, who raised a limp hand in return, before clutching her forehead and blinking against the sun.

~~~

Oh Lord, just how much did I have to drink last night? Eve inwardly reprimanded herself. She wasn’t a frequent drinker, and so the rum she’d consumed had had a disastrous effect on her. All she could remember from last night so far was that she had collapsed, and someone had come to lift her up; someone with a kind voice. A male voice, in fact. Edward. Oh dear God, tell me I didn’t collapse in front of him? He had been so kind, checking she’d not badly knocked her head, then carefully helping her into her hammock. All she remembered after that was the darkness of a deep, rum-induced sleep. The events of last night were suddenly a lot clearer. How could she ever repay him? She was so grateful, and yet she didn’t see how she had a chance of getting him on his own, so that she might tell him how obliged she was to him. As it was, he was nearly always with Varianna, and right now he was standing with Sam. Her heart sunk as she watched them, and she walked forwards seemingly without purpose. She quickened her step, forcing her body to obey, as she realized that the crew was bringing the ship to port. By some brilliant miracle, her hangover had not affected her looks; she looked a little pale, but that was all. She passed Edward and Sam by, trying not to look their way or attract attention to herself. All the same, she was unable to prevent herself from looking over her shoulder towards Ed, hoping he would not notice and yet at the same time desperately wishing he might do so.

~~~

The Black Pearl had finally made port, and Sparrow had already hopped off the ship, seemingly impatient to get to the important business of harvesting souls. Morgaine was the first to follow him, keeping a close eye on the captain, and carefully not looking round to see where Gibbs, the man she was still intent on ignoring, was. She did not concern herself with helping the rest of the crew with ship activities, but only glanced back towards Zoe, keen that the young woman should follow her instead of finding Shiloh and sticking to him.

Guinevere hovered on the top deck, standing at the rails of the ship, her heart thudding with anticipation. As she waited for Cairbre, she did not notice the footsteps coming up behind her, or Cairbre clearing his throat as he reached her side. A light touch to her waist alerted her to his presence, and her dreamily expectant expression melted away, replaced by a grin of unbridled joy. She turned towards him; Cairbre looked beautifully contented, smiling fondly down at her, not to mention incredibly handsome. For a moment Guin just stood there looking at him admiringly, unsure of how to greet him, before Cairbre solved the problem for her and opened his arms to her.

She immediately dived forward, flinging her arms around his shoulders, risking toppling both of them over. Her brow rested against his neck, and she closed her eyes as they slowly rocked back and forth. “Good morning,” Cairbre greeted her through his joyful laugh, caressing her shining auburn locks of hair as if they were more valuable than gold. “Now that’s what I call a wonderful greeting! I’m sorry I kept you waiting. I was fast asleep in a dream.”

Guin spoke against his skin as he held her in his arms, a blissful smile curling her lips. “I feel like I’ve woken into a dream,” she said, softly. She felt rather than heard the deep intake of breath Cairbre took as his chest heaved slightly. His head rested against hers, and he gently touched her cheek.

“Me too. When I woke up, I was afraid that I had simply dreamt everything,” he murmured. “It’s still hard to believe that this is happening.” Guin raised her head to study his expression, her eyes filled with light. He met her gaze, caressing the delicate outline of her jaw.

“Believe it,” Guin whispered, gently, her smile widening. “How can I have been such a fool all these years? I should have realized long ago that I love you, that I always have and I always will. I can’t believe I kept you waiting for me to admit it for so long.”

Hearing Guin’s words, Cairbre smiled like a man whose every hope in life had been fulfilled. Drawing her closer, he bent his head and they shared a tender kiss, quite ignoring the hubbub of the crew all around them. After a few moments, she laced her hand through his. “Time to go ashore,” she whispered. Cairbre nodded.

Suddenly reminded of the fact that they were now in Tortuga, Cairbre took another breath. He held onto Guin’s hand. “Ashore,” he repeated. “Guin, there’s something you must know, something I quite forgot. Rosalind will be here. She will still be here in Tortuga.”

Guin’s expression did not alter. Gently, she kissed Cairbre’s cheek, the gesture soothing all of his worries. “This can only be good,” she replied. “We’ll look for her while we’re here. Agreed?” Cairbre nodded, his smile as shining as ever.

“Agreed,” he said.

Together, they went ashore, joining Jack and Morgaine, and Eve, who was standing by the gangplank as if she was waiting for someone, as indeed she was. She hoped that Edward would realize that she wanted to say thank you, and would stop by.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 11:43 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

[[I forgot how we were getting the three from Davy Jones to join the other pirates on Isla Cruces? P.S. This post is pretty PG-13 in nature xD beeewwaaaare]]

Aurora-Rose stood there stunned for the first time in her life; not only at the confession that this Bootstrap, but also at the fact that he was whipping his son... he was whipping William. Her heart broke at the sight of the normally strong man being practically cleaved into two by his father. Was this some sort of act of compassion, from the look of Bootstrap it did seem so.

Somehow she came to the logical conclusion that any one of the other crew members would have broken more than William's skin with each lashing, but still she could barely watch.

Unknowingly she took a few steps forward but before she got too close to William she was being held back by Maribel. The woman telling her to wait...

"This is unbearable..." A-Rose whispered; fear turning into anger. So many emotions running through her that she visibly began to shake. Almost as soon as the whipping had begun it was over and it was then that she felt the hands on her arms loosen and fall away; a sign that it was finally the opportune moment.

William had yet to turn around, his body hunched over the poll and ropes that he had been grasping too. His shirt torn and his bloodied back on view to all. It seemed that his body was shivering as well. As Aurora-Rose began to walk towards him, William finally stood up straight, well as straight as he could, and began to walk away without even looking back.

This simply would not do, Will needed help. Quickening her steps, she slipped and slid across the deck with all the grace of a girl who had grown up on the high seas and finally caught up with the stiff Will. A hand reached out to touch his shoulder and before she could make contact Will whipped around and grasped her slender wrist pinning it to one of the masts.

"I don't need your help." His eyes were dark with a fury she had never seen before and it caused her heart to race and her mind to go blank. Though those eyes softened when they took in the person that stood before him. "I'm sorry, I thought you were..." He didn't need to finish his statement. She knew who he was talking about; his father. The one who had caused him this pain.

It was a few moments later before he let go of her wrist and lowered his head in defeat.

"Let me help you..." She breathed out, not letting him answer. Instead she pulled him further along the deck and down a set of stairs so at least they could be dry and away from everyone else.

No words were exchanged as Aurora-Rose guided Will to sit down on a wooden stool. She gathered her wet curls in her hand and twisted it into a messy bun atop her head. Tying it off with straps of leather bound around her wrist she then walked behind William to examine his back. It looked even worse up close and she hissed at seeing the criss-crossing wounds still oozing blood.

Reaching out slowly once more, she ran her fingers along Will's shoulders, digits catching on the torn fabric and pushing it off those shoulders. She guided the white material down along his arms and finally off exposing the full extent of Will's wounds to her.

Kneeling behind him she shucked off her own ratty coat, leaving her in only a loose peasant top that perpetually fell off one shoulder. Tearing at the rough fabric she created lots of long pieces of brown material that would act as a semblance of bandages. A few of the smaller straps she sucked on knowing that for now it was the best antiseptic they had.

Taking the wet dampened pieces of her tattered coat, she began to wipe along one deep gash running from Will's shoulder blade to his mid-back. This continued for quite some time... Aurora-Rose cleaning the blood away revealing the pink raised flesh alternating between putting pressure on some of the wounds that refused to stop bleeding.

Eventually Aurora-Rose was able to clean up William's back as best as she could and she began to tie the longer pieces around him, being careful not to pull too tightly. She gauged his reactions by listening to the way he breathed, whenever it hurt his breath was short and a hiss sounded.

When she was finished she stood up and before she knew what she was doing she was pressing a kiss against his neck. "It'll heal in time..." She murmured to him before stepping back.

Though she didn't get far because Will was turning around and grabbing her wrist once more, only this time pulling her closer...

=====

It took Dante much longer to wake up then it usually did. His whole body felt numb as if he had been drinking all night and he also felt much heavier than normal. All he wanted to do was to roll over and go back to sleep, but Soren's incessant chatter kept him from doing so...

When had he become so moody as well. Dante decided to blame the happenings of the previous night on his current mood as he sat up in bed rubbing his palm across his damp forehead. "No, I don't feel good at all." And it was true, his body felt much too hot and much too cold at the same time. His stomach was flip flopping in a way it had never done before. He could safely say that he now understood what seasickness felt like.

"Soren... I... I, oh no..." Pale flesh became twinged with green and Dante had only managed to pull a half barrel towards him next to their bed before he emptied his stomach. One hand clung to the edge of the wood while the other tried like hell to keep his hair from falling into his face.

A few retches later and he knew there was nothing left in his stomach to release, so he pulled away from the grotesque sight before him and laid back in bed, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

Worried amber eyes turned towards Soren, "What is wrong with me?"

=====

Shiloh went to bed that night worried and concerned for Zoe. He didn't know much about Morgaine but he couldn't shake off his suspicions of her either. There was just something off about her, something that scared him for unexplainable reasons. It was these thoughts and the thoughts of his friends and cousin who he did not know if they were even still alive that kept him awake the entire night.

Several times his eyes had drifted shut beneath thick brows but a sudden flash of morbid images of his twisted thoughts caused him to become wide awake.

By the time early morning came around he had deep bags under his eyes. Shiloh was clearly exhausted but still could not find a moment's rest. He also noticed that Zoe had never gone to bed either...

Yawning, he got up from his recumbent position deciding that he should walk around and get some fresh air. Maybe he could also collect his thoughts and try to gather that calm that kept him sane. Though the moment he stepped onto the top deck he found his heart clenching once more to see Morgaine and Zoe still conversing. The way that Morgaine looked at Zoe as if she knew something secretive irked him to no end.

Shiloh had half a mind to walk over and pull Zoe away from this woman but decided not to, something kept him back and so he remained in the shadows watching the women.

=====

Once lips descended upon his own Gabriel was all but lost. The last time he had felt the lips of a woman upon him was ages ago when they had docked at Port. He had been in search of something when his body had been dragged into an alley and the lips of a love long past pressed into his briefly... Those images had been quickly replaced from a brunette pirate to a blond Lady.

The night became a blur of passion and soon he found himself wrapped up in finest of silks and cotton. Once his head had hit the downy pillows, Gabriel had fallen into the sweetest of dreams.

It had felt like months instead of hours had gone by when he felt his body being pressed up against and once more lips pressing against his skin. His first thought was that he would pull Keyara to him once more to repeat various activities but her clear voice cut through all his thoughts and he found himself awaking fully.

She was right of course, they had a plan to put forth and it was best to do it soon and efficiently. One slip would cost more than just their lives and that was not a price he was willing to pay just yet. Pushing himself into a seated position Gabriel stretched his pleasantly aching muscles, causing the crisp whites sheets to pool around his waist. Needless to say that he easily fell for Keyara's little stint, he was much too gullible for his own good and he didn't even know it. It was part of temptation, it wouldn't be half as tempting if he knew what he was getting himself into.

His eyes lingered on her bare form, enjoying the sight of her clothing herself. A much different task than last night but no less fun for him. It was only when she tucked her hair beneath the tri-corner hat and mustache, fully disguising herself as a male did he finally look away. "Well I suppose I should follow suit. It would not due to laze around her all day, especially if the Lord should stop by."

Before, Gabriel would have been quite fearful at what he had done. He took something that was not his, but it was too late to turn back now and like Eve and the apple; he had tasted sin and it was exquisite.

Gabriel pushed the covers away and stood up, gathering his clothes and placing them on his body one article at a time. When he had some mode of decorum he turned to Keyara and smiled. "I shall be waiting for your orders, my Lady." A smirk and a bow was the last thing he gave Keyara before stepping out of the room and heading back to his own quarters to change.

It was ironic that his only usable outfit would be in the same colors as Keyara's own. Tucking his errant blond curls beneath red fabric, he pulled on the red shirt that had a deep v held together by criss-crossing bits of leather and string.

Black trousers came next that tucked into knee high black leather boots. A sword completed his look, sitting down on the chaise near his door he waited.

[[Gabe's Disguise: Click...I like how it is similar to Keyara's xD]]

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2011, 5:57 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

[Good lord, guys. KAWEOTH is becoming a mess… :/ so… I’ve sped up the Henry-Aleks-Hunter pieces so they are at Tortuga now too… so… we’re all on the same page again… I think. I guess. Not really sure.]

A scornful sneer spread across Henry’s face as he looked sidelong towards Aleks who ardently denied his words and instead claimed to be Hunter’s confidant and comrade. “Hunter’s kindness?” he scoffed, “mark my words, the instant he gets what he wants and doesn’t need you, you’ll be gone.” Henry’s voice was stiff and filled with warning. “You owe him for nothing,” Henry straightened and looked towards the closed door. “And you could raise higher.” he let his eyes wander back towards her, falling on her sleek dark locks and blue eyes. “Despite what you may think, Hunter Costello is just as slime covered as the pirates he pretends to oppress.” Henry sniffed indignantly. And at that, coupled with her final words, silence fell upon them again.

But this time she broke it, turning towards him with a question of her own. He turned to her, a crooked smile playing across his features as he pondered her question. “Don’t fool yourself. They don’t interest me in the slightest.” his lips were set in a tight, thin line and he looked away quickly, forcing a straight face.

They were interrupted by two strangers who seemed to be wandering through the place as if they owned it. Henry instinctively took a step forward to block their entrance into Lord Beckett’s office but they were too fast, entering the place before another word could be said.

Just as soon as they had entered Hunter and Mercer exited. Henry glanced inquisitively at the two men, peering into the office before the door was shut on the newcomers.

“Charming, I'm sure,” Henry replied in mock enthusiasm, forcing a smile until Hunter’s back was turned. Then, however, his smile it turned into a dark, brooding frown.

x

The afternoon was growing late, the shadows stretched out long. Finally they were nearing Tortuga, the rowdy pirate port.

Henry stood, hands by his sides, watching as they neared. He, Aleks and Hunter had been over it at least one hundred times but now… now that they were nearing their destination and the deed was close to being done… well, he was feeling nervous. And why did he trust Hunter in this anyway? He knew the other man was only out to promote himself. Henry glanced over at Mercer who was giving orders to a sailor, waving his hand around, no doubt commanding him when and where to make port.

xxxxxx

Paying no heed to securing the ship or helping anyone else out, Joe was right on Jack’s heels to get off the Pearl. Home sweet home. Nothing ever quite compared to Tortuga… and nothing drowned feelings of terror, guilt or concern like Tortuga could.

After last night, Joe needed all of those things to disappear from his life. He needed to go back to the way it was before he had ever set eyes on any person of the name of Beauchamp. And so, with eager anticipation, he kept to himself, distancing both Varianna and Lucette, and focused on getting home.

His mind was running amok with newfound feelings and concerns, things he had never entertained before. And the other thing which would help quiet them down was some dry land and a good bottle of rum.

xxxxxx

Carmon and Cole remained set apart from the rest of the group of pirates who seemed all too eager to get on shore. Carmon was still completely shaken from the night before.

“We aren’t going ashore, right?” Carmon looked over at him, hugging herself close.

“No,” Cole desired nothing less than to go ashore.

Xxx

Straightening his figure, Lord Beckett had little time to prepare himself before still more people were entering his office. Being used to handling people, he hid his annoyance and instead focused on who the couple were and how they had gotten past the guards.

With an eyebrow raised he glanced between the two, waiting for one of the simpletons to pipe up. “Oh?” he glanced at Jesse as Bathesheba spoke. He had been expecting the man to say something first. Never mind that, this must be that Jessiah fellow. Well, they didn’t look like much. Instantly, his mind began turning as to how he could possibly put them to good use. He wasn’t particularly fond of the actions of the woman. They reminded him too much of Keyara Peirce. They were forthright and bold. “I will not need you,” he said quite simply, making sure there was no room for argument. He already had Keyara and that Aleksandra… he really didn’t need another female in tow. With a dismissive wave of his hand he turned to Jesse, who he obviously regarded higher.

Now, he pondered, this man did not look like much. Definitely he did not look as stout and trustworthy as Johnston had claimed him to be. Cutler reached over for his glass of brandy and took a drink, not bothering to offer any to the newcomers. He was weary of dealing with people. He was weary of waiting for the Chest and the Heart as well.

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject: Re: ::PotC - Keep a Weather Eye on the Horizon::
PostPosted: March 20th, 2011, 5:51 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

bumpeth?!

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47