Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2010, 6:51 pm 

Sam stood among the other crewmates, gaping at the ghost ship which had appeared so close to them, while an uncomfortable feeling overtook her. Suddenly the plan, that their friends were to meet and deceive Davy Jones, sounded silly, childish even, considering the danger they might have to face.

The redhead grasped Guin's hand, squeezing it slightly, while she voiced her hope out loud: "They will be fine.. I'm sure they will be okay."

When her friend turned away from the scene, Sam followed her, wanting to comfort her. But Cairbre had acted quickly; his hands on her shoulder, hugging her. Silently she turned again, not wanting to interrupt their intimate moment. As she gazed back at the ocean and the creepy contours of the ship of the dead, the feeling of emptiness welled up inside her, which had nothing to do with the absence of their three friends.

Suddenly Sam's gaze was torn from the dark water towards Vari, when the latter doubled over and became sick. She felt a flicker of worry as she looked at the woman who, for many years, had been her closest friend. Sam, unconsciously, took a step towards, as if she wanted to help, but she stopped dead in her tracks as she watched how Edward kneeled down next to the darkhaired pirate; comforting her. Sam's face had become blank and as she turned on the spot to follow the others below deck, even a spark of fear could be noticed in her hazel eyes.

Quickly she joined the other pirates and, half because she wanted to forget the scene she'd just witnessed and half to soothe her own worry she spoke out: "I think we should go and help them.. if they're not coming back.."

--------

James sat back, lazily, in his chair, taking Keyara in to the smallest detail, as if judging her. He realised that the heart was his only mean of regaining his former status, yet at the service of a man he hated and despised. Of what use Beckett thought this woman to be, James could only guess. Though unafraid, she seemed frail and unable to fight off pirates when needed. Perhaps she would invite them for tea as well.. His lips formed a sarcastic smile at the thought.
"So.." he at last spoke, ignoring her former snide remarks. "What is it you propose?"

[ Ara, wouldn't it be a nice idea if James made the link between Keyara and Vari as sisters? It could be something he could [s]blackmail[/s] confront her with.. :pirate: ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2010, 9:46 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[That sounds awesome, Will! <3 I like it! :happy: And we still need Maeth to do her amazing Davy Jones ;) ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2010, 1:43 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I'm just waiting for Lothy to get her post up.)

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2010, 10:16 am 
Istari
Istari

[[Okay guys, here we are. I'm really sorry it's so small and rubbish but I seem to have lost my inspiration. At least it's something though and hopefully my muse will have returned by the time my turn comes back around.]]

Jack watched the scene aboard the smaller ship with interest, brows furrowed and a hand thoughtfully stroking his beard. The plan would work, of course it would, after all why wouldn't it? He had faith in his own logic, which was more than he could say for Alanna. He spared a sideways glance at the tall blonde and saw the worry that she had been trying to hide creep into her face. His attention was then drawn behind him as the sound of angered footsteps reached his ears. He turned just in time to see Christine striding towards him, her face like fire to match her flaming hair, before a fist met his stomach and forced him to double over. He couldn't breathe but that didn't seem to matter to her; she grabbed the lapels of his coat and started to hiss venomous words in his face. He tried to interrupt but he could not seem to catch his breath, his words sticking in his throat. She didn't know what it was like, how could she? He was damned and the clock was ticking down, still her words cut him. By the time he had regained the ability to speak she had walked off. With an inward sigh he straightened up and Alanna looked at him through narrowed eyes as she lowered the spyglass she'd been looking through before handing him it. He simply shrugged his shoulder and raised it to his own eye, watching as Davy Jones now interrogated Turner.

-

Zoe stood beside Shiloh, her heart beating hard and fast. She could hear Varianna's choking heaves from behind her and it made her also feel queasy. She buried her face into Shiloh's neck, not able to watch the scene before them. She started to wonder if she was in over her head. It certainly felt like it. As much interest as she had in the stories of Davy Jones, she was not keen on meeting the man- or what ever he was, herself. She groaned. "What are we doing here Shy?" She asked quietly, head still nuzzled into his neck.

-

Hunter strode along the corridor that led to Lord Beckett's office with his head held high, Aleksandra at his side. He knew he was late, having made port a mere half hour ago after a long month at sea, returning from Ireland with his convicted uncle, but he felt no need to hurry. As he reached the doors, flanked by guards, a man stepped out and Hunter nodded to him. "Summers." He said formally, by way of recognition. He then nodded to the guards, signaling for them to announce him before turning to Aleksandra. "Stay here." He ordered firmly, before walking forward and through the doors, stopping in front of Beckett's desk with a small bow, awaiting his own orders.

-

Andrea breathed slowly, trying her best to calm herself. She had hoped never again to be in the company of the man who stood before her; he disgusted her, angered her but also invoked other, more primal feelings within herself that she hated him for even more. The way he looked at her made her feel as if she were a piece of meat and she found herself gripping her sword tighter, guarding her weakened captain.
"We've dealt with the devil himself for the past ten years Abrax." She snarled at his words. 'What makes you feel we'd be inclined to make a deal with you?"

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2010, 10:21 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

(oh Lothy its so sweet of you to call me your muse :D haha)
My post will be coming up soon dont fred. ^.^

^Lothy^
~| Karrax/Dreax/Eoghelle/Barbea |~
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2010, 12:20 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Abrax looked at the woman before him with a smug grin. He bathed in the discomfort he placed her in, that radiated from her as she blocked the way between him and her captain. He loved how her lip curled back with disgust and how her grasp shakily tightened around the handle of her sword. With a mocking exasperated sigh, he started, repeating what he had already said, “Andrea, you were a lot happier the last time you saw me,” but then, his smug smile diminished into an impatient black snarl as he snapped, “but my offer was not directed at you!”
With swift swipe, he pulled his revolver from its holster and aimed its nose towards Andrea. He knew her to be courageous yes, but not stupid. The bullet would be planted in her bosom before she took a step forward. Making a tsk noise with his tongue against his teeth, he motioned Andrea, with the gun, to the side, allowing him to take a step closer to Barbossa. Still Abrax noted she stood close by, behind her frail captain, sword still on show.
“Now, Hector,” Abrax said, pulling out a stool he found and ridding it of its reptilian inhabitants, swept his large overcoat back behind him - like a black ragged wing - and sat himself upon it, leaning back against a table and lifting his legs up and placing them on the arm of Barbossa’s chair. “Sit.” He finally said, with a broad smile.

-------

Begrudgingly, Hector eased himself into his chair, swiping Abrax’s legs away as he did so. He spared Andrea a quick glance of reassurance. Never let it be said, but he was glad she was there.
“Now,” Abrax said, drawing attention back to the ‘deal’ that was apparently going to be made. “as Andrea delicately put it, “why do I feel you might be inclined to make a deal with me?” it’s quite simple.”
Hector saw the look in man’s eyes; that dark ,forced-controlled look. This was a matter Hector knew, he could not negotiate out of. This was his payment, his punishment, his long and unspoken ‘favour’ being called upon, drawing him back all those years ago. How long was it? Seven years, since that innocent’s blood was mistakenly spilt. It was only looking at Abrax again he noticed it. His hand. Bound in dirtied and torn scarlet linen. The Spot.
“...I need you and your ship, to take me to Davy Jones Locker.” Abrax’s voice filtered back into the room, quiet as a whisper at first, then gradually louder. “to-“
Hector quickly interjected. It was possible to escape this deal perhaps; to escape this guilt. “I’m afraid I cannot help ye, Abrax. I be sure, a savvy gentleman like yerself, would indeed have noticed, I be without me ship.”
Hector shot Andrea a glance, to find her expression in utter confusion, her eyes screaming at him a phrase along the lines of, where the hell did that speech of finery come from?! Hector only managed a weak tweak in the corner of his mouth. It had been an inexplicable notion of politeness that could free him from the strangling chains being thrown around him. To Hector’s horror, Abrax let out a small single breath of a laugh.
“Ah, but indeed, savvy man that I am,” he said, leaning forward, his lips turned up in a crooked grin, one eyebrow up the other down, in a cocky manor, “know you are without your beloved Pearl and that it rests in the hands of Jack Sparrow.”
Hector could sense his expression falling into one of shock and even denial. How did he come by this information? Was it common knowledge? Yet did he did not peruse the questions in his head and instead, after looking at Abrax’s companion, who too carried a smug smile, waited for the rogue dog of a captain to continue. “I have a ship... and you need it...to get the Pearl.”
Checkmate. Not only was Abrax on the mark, he was deviously smart. In spotting Hector no longer possessed the Pearl, Abrax knew he would need his help in regaining it and in exchange take him to the Locker.
Hector looked over his shoulder at Andrea, her face aghast and furious. But there was no way out this, Hector knew that. It was his chance to get the Black Pearl back.
But then another problem clouded his mind. As daft as Jack Sparrow was, he was not as foolish as others took him for. Having the Pearl gave Jack the advantage, even if Abrax had a ship, it was never as fast as the Pearl. But then it hit him. From some reason, unbeknown to Hector, Jack wanted the heart of Davy Jones. Was desperate for it. So desperate it could prove as successful leverage. Leverage!
“Let me mull it over, Abrax. One can’t be rushing’ into these things. And as a captain, approval onboard is needed” Hector finally said, looking up at Andrea.
Abrax shrugged and nodded. “If ye’ll be givin’ us a bit of privacy?” Hector added, nodding to the door. Without another word, Abrax and his companion, left the shack, shutting the door behind them.
“What was that!?” Andrea burst, striding in front of Hector, who sighed and shook his head.
“Unless ye’ve forgotten, Andrea, Abrax and I had a something of a....what you would call, a small disagreement.” Andrea nodded but said nothing. She knew well enough not to discuss it, instead she said,
“So what do you plan to do?”
“Jack is wanting the heart of Davy Jones. I have a notion that if we got our hands on it first, we can use it as leverage for the Pearl.”
He watched Andrea bend to the idea. “And by ‘we’ you mean me. And where does that put our dear friend?” she asked, voice so bitter it could have made him shiver.
“We still be needing a ship to get to Isla Cruces. A ship Abrax possesses. Besides,” he added, warily. “Ye may be need the help.”
“What!?” Andrea growled. “I am quite capable of doing this myself, Hector! Or do you find a woman incapable of anything?”
“Now, don’t be startin’ we me, Andrea. This is the plan. Stick to it!”

^Lothy^
~| Karrax/Dreax/Eoghelle/Barbea |~
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2010, 7:43 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Hey Lothy I modded Jack some here because this is really just a rehash of the scene in the movie. Also, poor Morgaine may be a little let down by Gibbs. He's not the greatest buddy in the world.)

Jack Sparrow sent me to settle his debt, the words resounded strangely in Jones' ears and he straightened his posture looking down at the boy with a dubious glare trying to discern if he was lying. He couldn't quite believe that someone had actually taken the captain's place to save him.

"Sparrah..." the man mused turning away from Will and the others still kneeling in front of him. "Did he now? I'm sorely tempted to accept that offer." It was just the sort of cruelty he would have used. Deception and betrayal were something that Jones found admirable in some men, Jack Sparrow wasn't one of them though.

It was then that he felt eyes upon him. He turned around and saw ships in the distance. Not a moment after he was in front of Jack, looming over the man who looked like he already had a response to any question that he had in mind.

"You have a debt to pay, Sparrah," the once Scott ground out, leaning over and watching delightedly as the dreadlocked man in front of him cowered slightly. "You've been captain of the Black Pearl for thirteen years. That was our agreement. " He looked at the woman next to Jack and laughed. "And yah! Alanna had a similar agreement yes? I suppose the other two are to make up your debt, hmm?" He said with a laugh.

Jack was stumbling over an excuse now. But the captain of the Dutchman was not known for his good humor and he would have cut him short if not for the mention of a marriage. He frowned and released a slight snarl.

"You have three days. One hundred souls between the both of yah. I keep the other three so that leaves yah ninety seven tah go. But I wonder, can yah live with this? Can you condemn an an innocent man, a friend, to a lifetime of servitude in your name while you roam free?" He exclaimed looking at each in turn. Jack was not slow in his affirmative reply and he took Alanna's quiet as tacit compliance. He shook each of their hands removing the black spots but leaving a trail of slime where the tentacles had touched skin.

"Three days," he repeated and stepped back disappearing from the ship. He arrived back at the scuttled boat and looked at the three pathetic forms in front of him. "Welcome to the crew," he said with a gesture of his head towards the boat. With that they were hauled to there feet and brought on board the massive ship that was the Dutchman.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, Chrissy," Gibbs muttered as he watched the girl stalk off towards the railing. He considered Morgaine's words for a moment, but found that he himself couldn't think of a reason to go over there other than to put his arm around the girl and tell her that everything would turn out alright. Not only that, but to go after Christine would mean that he would be choosing sides; that was something he didn't want to do. He had been choosing since the debacle in New Orleans and being the go between was not on the top of his list.

After seeing Chrissy tying a bandage around Jack's hand in the longboat he had thought, for certain, that it would only be a few days - a week maximum - for the two to make complete amends and Christine would stop making him feel awful for continuing his friendship with the Captain. No, it wouldn't seem like his life was going to work out so easily after all. Christine would cry to him about the unfairness of the entire situation and yell that Jack had used everyone again, but - truth be told - even if he felt sorry for Turner and the others on the ship, he didn't know them well enough to get his hackles raised over it.

In his mind, he knew he couldn't do that because he wasn't at all certain of the outcome of this adventure. His lips twisted into a frown and he leaned heavily on the rail in front of him before glancing back at Christine and then to Morgaine.

"She'll be alrigh,'" he muttered towards the ocean. "If she hasn't thrown herself overboard yet, she'll get over it." He almost winced at his words. They sounded callous, and maybe they were, but they were the truth. Christine was emotional sometimes, but she wasn't an idiot. If she didn't lose her mind after that outburst then she'd be fine...eventually.

His head twisted around after he heard a collective intake of breath at Davy Jones' appearance on deck. He crossed himself automatically and his blood was cold and sluggish in his veins at the monstrous mockery of a man who stood over the captain like a wolf looking at a sheep. The conversation was not too long, and he hadn't expected it to be. When it had finished he walked over to Jack and clapped him on his shoulder; he felt cold eyes on his back and knew that Christine was glaring holes in his head.

"Where will we be getting the souls, Captain?" The man prompted Jack in hopes of prying him out of his own surprise.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2010, 6:29 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

[bumpeth...

"never shall we die..."

:pirate:]

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 12th, 2010, 9:01 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Right, so I’m taking Jack over again in this, as agreed by myself and Lothy. ;) And since I have been wanting to, I would like to have a little “feast”-ish thing take place below deck, as I don’t believe all of the pirates have really all been in the same room together with an intimate setting up until this point… :erm: And also I think it will give James & Keyara a bit of time to get to Tortuga. ;) :yes: ]]

Jack stood in the center of the deck, mouth agape as he stared at his slime-covered hand. “Three days,” he mumbled as if in a trance. How in the world did Jones expect himself and Alanna to gather ninety seven souls in such a short period of time? <i>Three days?</i> It was only when Gibbs clapped him on the back did he return to the present situation, snapping his jaw shut and wiping his hand on Gibbs’ vest. “Fortunately, he was mum to the condition in which these souls need be…” Brown eyes shifted to Gibbs, hoping he would get the idea. They would set their sights on Tortuga soon enough, but now that business had been taken care of and the rain was letting up, Jack was able to set his sights elsewhere. “Now then, everyone below deck to the dining quarters. I propose a meal to celebrate our incredibly good fortunes.” Good fortunes for himself, at least. Jack beamed, motioning for the others to follow, his demeanor having changed entirely. If worse came to worse, he could simply hand over the crewmembers to settle a large part of the debt. Aside from one or two, naturally; perhaps Gibbs and that Morgaine woman, but the others were of no real value, right? Of <i>course</i> not.

“I don’t believe him,” Vari growled, as Edward helped her onto unsteady feet. Her mother and friends had just been signed over to Davy Jones’ crew, and all Sparrow could think about was food?! Sure, it was every pirate for himself, but Jack didn’t even seem an ounce bit concerned about the consequences of this trade-off…

“I don’t either,” Edward breathed, his gaze still focused on Jack’s form disappearing below deck. “But there’s nothing what can be done.

“I shouldn’t have left her go over there. Maybe I should’ve gone instead. What if I never see her again? We were finally reunited and she slips through my grasp yet again…”

“Vari, your mother is perfectly capable of handling herself. She is a strong woman indeed; it runs in the family,” Ed chuckled, massaging her shoulders in a comforting way. “Don’t let it continue to bother you. You’ll only worry yourself sick.” As Vari and Edward descended the last stair, they were met by the smell of a decadent feast that had obviously been prepared ahead of time. Had Jack known this would be the outcome all along? It was certainly suspicious.

Edward and Varianna took their seats towards the end of the long, warped table, sitting in dusty creaking chairs. It was rare for the entire crew to be eating at the exact same time, though the company of friends and family was rather comforting and reassuring. Robyn took a seat near the middle of the table, while Soren and Dante sat together on the left of Vari and Edward, and the abnormally quiet Shaelyn stuck by Alanna. Even at a grand, lengthy table, the pairs still stuck together as if a single meal apart would be too much to bear. Especially on a night like this, having lost three fellow crewmembers. Who would be next? Would this be their final meal? What did Jack have up his sleeve? At this point, everything was uncertain.
As the pirates gathered into the cabin and found empty seats, lesser crewmen began bringing out mismatching platters and wooden dishes filled to the brim with chicken, pork, fish, potatoes, fruits and vegetables, cheeses, and bread - all fresh from the Caribbean. There were at least three candelabras placed on the center of the table, illuminating the room in a warm glow. And something about the setting and food seemed very, very wrong. This was certainly no cause for celebration, even if Jack and Alanna had managed to buy themselves some extra time.

Nevertheless, Edward began filling up his plate with chicken and potatoes and crisp bread; noticing that Vari had only a small portion of fruit on her dish and didn’t seem the least interested in it. “You need to eat, or at least drink something.”

“I am, I am,” Vari replied, popping a dark cherry into her mouth and chewing it slowly. To be honest, she had no appetite whatsoever, but if it appeased Edward, then so be it.

The same crewmen moved about the table, filling leather mugs to the brim with rum or port, moving aside when the task was completed. Jack raised his mug off the table and held it high, in a sort of toast. “To William, Maribel, and Aurora. May those bold, virtuous souls never be forgotten.” He hadn’t even waited for the others to raise their mugs before downing his own in a few gulps.

Soren made no move to lift his mug, simply staring into the rum at his reflection. He looked to Dante in question. How were they expected to suddenly be cheerful? He let it go, instead focusing on filling up his plate with food - though he was anything but hungry.

Even though Vari did not agree with this situation, she still managed to raise her mug out of respect. “To our friends - whom we pray will find forgiveness for our rash and <i>wrongful</i> decisions.” She glared at Jack over the brim of the cup as she drank, but the pirate captain appeared to be looking elsewhere.

----------------------

Maribel remained impassive as half-men, half-creatures began lifting herself and the others to their feet. One particularly slimy (and very ugly) crewman gripped her arm, octopus tentacle curling around it with a grin. If she had thought a moment with these disgusting beings was unbearable, she could not imagine herself becoming one and working under the command of Davy Jones for eternity. With fire in her eyes, she shrugged the octopus tentacle away and did not allow herself to be touched by any more of these pleasure-deprived beasts. The last thing she was about to become was some man’s plaything. “I am quite capable of escorting myself, thank you,” she growled, yanking her arm out of his grasp and marching onto the slick deck of the <i>Dutchman</i>.

Many of the men ceased in their business to stare at the new arrivals in awe. William was overlooked, as the real surprise came in the fact that there wasn’t only <i>one</i> lady aboard, but <i>two.</i> Twice the bad luck, as thought by sailors, but Jones seemed to think nothing of it. They were two crewmembers, two souls… gender had no meaning here.

Maribel stuck close to Will and A-Rose, not even bothering to look at the faces staring at them. They were all the same - corrupted, ghastly shells of human beings incapable of feeling.

Almost as soon as they had set foot on deck, a creature came forth with a list of tasks. A lobster-like man called Penrod; one of Jones’ most trusted crewmen. “You,” he said, pointing at Will, “you’ll be workin’ in the riggings. And you two,” here he motioned to Maribel and Aurora, “will be swabbin’ the decks.” He shoved a pail of water into Maribel’s hands. “Get to it, wenches!” He chuckled, walking off to attend to other things about the ship.

Maribel gritted her teeth; she was going to kill Jack when she got her hands on him. Kneeling down, she began rubbing one of the old rags across the deck without a second thought, lost in her aggression. <i>Dam<b></b>n that Sparrow… Dam<b></b>n him to he<b></b>ll… </i>

“You aren’t doing it right,” a voice above her spoke.

Maribel glanced up at a tall man with blue eyes and a starfish plastered to his temple. The expression on his face was somewhat genuine, causing her to remain calm instead of lashing out. “You’re supposed to scrub in circles, like this.” He demonstrated the proper way to clean the deck and Maribel simply nodded, taking the rag back and properly doing it this time. “There. T’will save ya trouble from having to go back and do it again.”

“Thanks,” she replied quietly, still inwardly cursing their rotten luck. But, perhaps it wouldn’t all be bad, as this man was beginning to prove. He seemed kind and helpful, and nowhere near cruel.

“Name’s Bootstrap Bill,” he said, sticking out his hand.

“Maribel Pierce.” They shook hands, soft skin and slimy hands coming together.

Bootstrap grinned at the feeling of warmth radiating from her. He had not felt the warmth of a woman’s touch or the softness of a such voice since he’d left his wife and child in London to go pirating. Truth be told, it had been a long, lonely time since then. “Well, Ms. Pierce, welcome to the crew.” With a curt nod, he stood up, and left her to her task.

----------------------

“I propose we work together to find the Dead Man’s Chest, take the heart, and return it to Beckett so that we may both be greatly rewarded,” Keyara replied simply. If Norrington didn’t understand it this time, he would never get it through his thick skull. Get Beckett the heart, get rewarded. Plain and simple. “No tricks, no backstabbing - just a clear-cut partnership. And once the task is completed and we are successful, you will never have to associate with me again if you so choose.” She drank the last of the tea in her cup before folding her hands in her lap and waiting for an answer. “Just think, James - you could finally have your old life back. Do you not wish to be free again?” Her green eyes twinkled in the light, flashing with false innocence for only a second, before returning to their normal state.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 13th, 2010, 12:30 am 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Shiloh's hand cradled the back of Zoe's skull, fingers digging soothingly into the base of her neck. His own eyes wanted to avert from the scene before them but he found that he couldn't tear them away no matter how much he wanted.

"I don't know Zoe, but we're here..." It was an honest answer, but he only wished he could give the girl more. Maybe something more reassuring or hopeful, but that would all be a lie.

Sighing he lowered his head and pressed his lips against the crown of her head. "Let's go get some food and something to drink..." He muttered seeing that the rest of the crew was slowly making their way down the steps. It was probably best to try and forget what they had seen, not that that was at all possible but maybe they could numb the vision a bit.

Keeping a gentle hold on Zoe he led the blond down the stairs and to the quickly filling table, placing themselves in one of the few remaining seats near Alanna and Shaelyn.

-----

Welcome to the crew... Those four words repeated in his mind over and over again as he and the two pirate women were hauled from the sunken ship and onto the deck of the Dutchman. He had had a vague idea of what he was getting himself into, but his thoughts could never have conjured up the scene that he saw when the three finally were a part of the crew.

Bile rose in his throat at the sight and could only imagine what Maribel and Aurora-Rose were feeling right now. The only thing that he could think of at the moment was protecting A-Rose and Maribel, he knew that they were strong-willed and could defend themselves but it was a natural feeling for William to feel. A need to care for those he cared about...

It seemed that his plans were already shaken as a lobster-like man came over and immediately separated them. Knowing that it was best to keep quiet at the moment Will simply nodded at the strange looking crew member, sending A-Rose a pained look.

Aurora-Rose did not enjoy the idea of being split up but she knew it was inevitable and catching Will's eye she offered the man a smile. It warmed her that the man cared but she would be able to handle herself, especially since she had Maribel by her side. She was now more worried about what they were going to do with Will since he had the closest association with Jack.

William gave a slight smile of his own and with the nod of his head he was off towards the riggings leaving the two women to swab the deck amongst the other sea creature humans.

Quickly deciding that they would start at opposite ends so that by the end they would be next to each other, Aurora-Rose made her way to the side of the ship with a dilapidated bucket of slime in her hand and a worse for wear rag.

"Hmm, well aren't you just a pretty little thing." Aurora-Rose heard from somewhere in front of her. She had been making good headway, ignoring the sounds and sights around her and trying to keep on task but it seemed luck wasn't on her side. Letting her gaze move from the wood grain of the deck to the thing in front of her she visibly gagged. There was hardly any human features left, body encased in seaweed and slime. Bulbous slimy things coming out of places that should be arms and legs. Deep holes were where the eyes should have been...

"We'll make good use of you yet." She didn't see the expression to know the real meaning of those words and it sickened her to the core.

"You, nor any one is going to use me for anything. Now if you would kindly move I have to finish cleaning the deck..." No need to start a fight now, she could only imagine what the captain would do to her if she tore apart one of his crew members.

[forgive the rambling on this part...]
-----

Dante had been the first one down to the kitchens and had explained to the lesser crew members that they would start preparing a meal, knowing that he wouldn't be the only one who would find comfort in sustenance. It didn't take long for his theory to be proven as one by one the pirates who had resided on the decks in awe and disgust at the scene began filtering down to the dining area where they began placing themselves around the table.

As soon as Soren came down he moved around the crew to take a seat beside the man. It was a silent affair as it seemed that everyone was still trying to figure out what they had condemned their fellow pirates to. At least that was what was going through Dante's mind as food started to be passed around the table.

His movements were mechanical as he began filling his plate, only stopping as the contents of his plate began to spill over onto the wooden table. Smiling sheepishly in hopes that no one noted his distraction he simply passed the plate of bread along before reaching for his rum and fiddling with the lip of the cup.

At Jack's words he could have shucked the cup, full of its delicious contents but he knew that it would be pointless to do so. Thankfully Varianna was able to be more civil in her retort, all he could say that for the moment Jack was lucky that he wasn't going to get hurt, yet.

Looking over to Soren he saw that his lover was feeling the same things he was and he sighed. Dante could fake happiness all he wanted but it was for naught, his 'sister' was over on the Dutchman and he feared that he may never see the woman again. His hand found Soren's beneath the table and he squeezed the digits before bringing the cup to his lips and downing the amber liquid like water.

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 13th, 2010, 9:30 am 

Hey guys! I just wanted to say that I kinda have a hard time with having playing Sam, since I kind of lost my muse for her.. Also because we did have some pauses and jumps in KAWEOTH it was hard to let her have a decent conversation with anyone lately.. But could you also please have her join the group of pirates because seemingly everyone ignores her except for Guin.. :teehee: In my last post she made a proposition to go after Will, Maribel and A-Rose one way or the other but I fear it was overlooked.. So yeah.. if I can't have her fit in anymore I think I'll have to kill her of somehow.. which will be a shame because Sam is my original KAWEOTH character.. :P

Will wrote:
Sam stood among the other crewmates, gaping at the ghost ship which had appeared so close to them, while an uncomfortable feeling overtook her. Suddenly the plan, that their friends were to meet and deceive Davy Jones, sounded silly, childish even, considering the danger they might have to face.

The redhead grasped Guin's hand, squeezing it slightly, while she voiced her hope out loud: "They will be fine.. I'm sure they will be okay."

When her friend turned away from the scene, Sam followed her, wanting to comfort her. But Cairbre had acted quickly; his hands on her shoulder, hugging her. Silently she turned again, not wanting to interrupt their intimate moment. As she gazed back at the ocean and the creepy contours of the ship of the dead, the feeling of emptiness welled up inside her, which had nothing to do with the absence of their three friends.

Suddenly Sam's gaze was torn from the dark water towards Vari, when the latter doubled over and became sick. She felt a flicker of worry as she looked at the woman who, for many years, had been her closest friend. Sam, unconsciously, took a step towards, as if she wanted to help, but she stopped dead in her tracks as she watched how Edward kneeled down next to the darkhaired pirate; comforting her. Sam's face had become blank and as she turned on the spot to follow the others below deck, even a spark of fear could be noticed in her hazel eyes.

Quickly she joined the other pirates and, half because she wanted to forget the scene she'd just witnessed and half to soothe her own worry she spoke out: "I think we should go and help them.. if they're not coming back.."

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 13th, 2010, 11:32 am 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[ That's fine with me, Will - I didn't overlook your post, I just didn't know how to react to it... perhaps have Sam row over by herself when everyone else is below deck eating, and get caught by Dutchman crewmen? You might wanna save the killing thing for later though, as on Isla Cruces, a person (or people) is/are going to die... :whistle: ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 13th, 2010, 11:52 am 

[ You really should tell me what is going on with Isla Cruces.. I'm almost exploding with curiosity.. :teehee:
And I'm not quite sure what to do with her, I just want her to socialize with others.. on the other hand.. a suicide action like that may provoke some guilt with Ed and cause some friction between him and Vari? :bones: ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 13th, 2010, 2:48 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Not sure if it's my turn to post yet - but here we go anyway :pirate: Will, Guin's struck up conversation with Sam about her suggestion about going over to the Dutchman :) )

Guinevere was still recovering from shock at the appearance and then disappearance of Davy Jones aboard the Pearl, when Jack declared that everyone should go below deck to the dining quarters. She glanced upwards towards Cairbre, who’s arm was still protectively about her shoulders, looking dazed. “Three days, a hundred souls,” she murmured. “I think I can guess where we next make port.”

Cairbre allowed a small silence to stretch out as they descended the stairs below deck along with the rest of the crew, thoughts whirring about his head. It was an easy guess to make, especially given the significant look Jack had thrown Gibbs. Tortuga, the home town of the drunk and deprived – the last place he’d seen his younger sister, Rosalind. Thinking of her name, his stomach sunk. For all he knew she was still there, roistering with drunkards, drinking herself into oblivion. He swore to himself that when they arrived, he would keep a sharp eye out for her; there was no way Rosalind was going to become one of the hundred souls handed over to Jones.

“Cairbre?” Guin’s voice alerted him from his thoughts, and his head turned. He smiled down reassuringly at her, hugging her closer to him. Cairbre was so glad to have found Guin by such lucky chance; there was no way he was going to let himself lose her again, especially since now, she seemed to be letting her barriers down.

“It’ll be alright,” he said eventually. Guin observed him, slightly puzzled, as they reached the foot of the stairs. She turned to face him properly, letting his arm drop from her shoulders. She wanted to know what was going on inside his head, but she knew that it wouldn’t do to press him too much for information. Cairbre looked back at her steadily, as other crewmates passed them by into the dining room. A smile warmed his features, and he reached out, taking her hand. Her skin felt cold against his, and he turned it over so that the palm faced upwards. “Trust me,” he said, gently, “everything will be alright.”

Guin could feel her cheeks flushing with warmth, as they were apt to do lately when around Cairbre, for a reason she couldn’t fathom. “I do trust you,” she replied, firmly, despite her burning skin. She averted her gaze slightly, feeling embarrassed without knowing why. Without looking up, she felt Cairbre’s light kiss placed on the inside of her wrist, against her delicate veins. She drew in her breath and smiled, glancing up at Cairbre, feeling bizarrely shy.

“I’m glad,” Cairbre said, softly. “Now, let’s go in to dinner, shall we?”

They walked into the dining quarters, where their crewmates were taking seats around the long table. Before sitting down, Guin glanced around, looking for Sam, remembering her friend’s suggestion about going to help the crewmates who had been taken by the Dutchman. Spotting Sam’s vibrant red-haired head, she darted over to her, and put her hand on her arm, as Cairbre approached the table and found them some seats.

“Sam,” she said, very quietly, “were you serious about what you said? You know that going after the Dutchman would be a death sentence. All we can do for now is to wait, and pray.” She offered her friend a comforting smile, squeezing her arm. As she did so she found herself glancing over to where Vari and Edward were sitting, wondering how Sam was bearing up about their renewed relationship. She looked back at Sam, hoping that she wasn’t finding it too painful. “Come on, let’s sit down and eat something.”

She led her towards the two seats Cairbre had saved for them; Guin sat down, so that she had Sam on her left and Cairbre on her right. She was still feeling a little baffled about the new direction her relationship with Cairbre seemed to have taken; she could feel his warm gaze on her as she poured herself a measure of port and raised her glass to Jack’s toast.

~~~

Morgaine’s expression was as cold and unfeeling as ice as she placed herself in a seat near Sparrow’s at the head of the table. She watched the captain’s display of cheerful demeanor as he raised a toast and encouraged everyone to join in the feast, her gaze flickering with strange flame. She could not help feeling irritated that Gibbs had taken Jack’s side on the matter of Christine, and that Gibbs would now help the captain in harvesting souls.

She poured herself some rum, vaguely curious to see what it tasted like, and indifferently raised her mug to the captain’s toast, raising it again with a little more enthusiasm when Varianna added her own toast. Finally lifting the drink to her lips, she took a very small sip, her gaze roving around the table above her mug, seeming to examine everybody in detail.

She helped herself to a little food, some cheese and bread. Morgaine had never had a great appetite for food. She watched Jack silently, very much resembling a feline lying in wait for her prey. She had picked up on a little of his thoughts and inward chatter; she knew that he had considered giving the crewmembers to Jones if the situation demanded it, but that she would perhaps be amongst those he decided to keep. Morgaine allowed a grim smile to play upon her lips; she, at least, was useful to him.

After a few moments of observing the captain, hoping that she had unsettled him a little, she looked around for Gibbs, the pirate who had captured her attention. She had wondered, upon meeting him, if a good man lurked beneath the surface, but now she was unsure. Not catching sight of him yet, Morgaine raised her mug, deciding to add a toast of her own.

“Here’s to loyalty,” she declared pointedly, her accent strong, her voice clear, carrying over the table, before she downed a small measure of rum. To be honest, she couldn’t see rum’s appeal – but it was only polite to sample a little.

~~~

Due to the fact that the seats around the table were fast being filled, Eve found herself sitting next to Varianna; such was the tension she felt at the seating arrangement, Eve could only pick at her food, despite the sumptuous meal on offer, and sip at her mug of rum. Out of the corner of her eye, she looked at the dark-haired woman, her heart thudding fast as she wondered if Edward found her beautiful. Well, of course he did – otherwise he wouldn’t be with her, would he?

Eve prodded the chicken on her plate with her fork, pushing it about without lifting it to her lips. She swallowed, her mouth feeling dry, as she looked up again, this time across Varianna towards Edward. She was beginning to feel very awkward, wishing that she was sitting next to Robyn instead, a person she felt comfortable around.

Finally, she brushed strands of her pale blonde hair out of her eyes and decided that if she wanted her discomfort broken, she would have to break it herself. Looking away from Edward, she settled her attention on Varianna instead, giving the older woman a tiny, hesitant smile, trying to find a topic of conversation. She noted that Varianna, too, did not seem hungry.

“Have you no appetite, either?” she said, her voice coming out steadily, which she was thankful for. “I can’t say I have. I’m far too on edge about the whole Davy Jones situation.”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 14th, 2010, 12:57 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

[okay so… gotta get back into the groove of this. :erm:]

Directly after opening the door and leaving Lord Beckett’s office Henry encountered Hunter, Aleks and a handful of soldiers approaching the room. He quietly latched the door behind so only they and the few guards were in the passage. Then, standing directly in front of the entrance so as to keep Hunter from plowing past him, he let his lecture begin. “You’re late,” He scolded, looking between the two - first to Hunter and then to Aleks. However, that was as far as his lecture ended up getting. Resolute and pigheaded as Costello was the guards had already pushed by Henry and were announcing the grand entrance of the former. In only a few moments he and Aleksandra were the only two left alone in the hallway. For a moment the corridor was silent save the sounds of murmuring from inside the room. Henry, hands clasp behind his back, stood erect and proud, showing his disgust for Hunter’s indifferent tardiness.

“How did it go?” He finally, stiffly inquired, barely making eye contact with the woman beside him.

Lord Beckett looked up with some surprise as Hunter almost immediately came in upon Henry’s departure. It was as if he had just been waiting for his cue. Paperwork laid out, Cutler barely looked up. “You’re late,” he calmly remarked, “no doubt the voyage went smoothly and was a success?” He finally raised his eyes and met Hunter’s.

Standing a short distance behind Lord Beckett was his chief man, Mr. Mercer. The darkly clad gentleman looked down his nose at Hunter’s presence as he did at most everyone’s presence.

“It’s the legend brought to life."

Carmon dimly heard what Shiloh was saying. ‘Though he was standing quite near to her and Cole, the fright she was experiencing made everything feel unearthly and distant. She turned terror-struck eyes towards him and only nodded unknowingly.

Her brother protectively put an arm around his younger sister and pulled her close, feeling her small frame tremble every so slightly.

“Cole,” she silently whispered, “Let’s go down…. down below.”

He nodded and together they followed Soren and Dante below deck. Cole had been extremely interested in finding out what would happen over on the Flying Dutchman. He had never seen a sight so horrible and yet so astoundingly beautiful in his whole life. With the water dripping from the rails and seaweed sails, the sight defied all odds and everything he had ever been taught to believe or understand. The danger of the moment escaped his acknowledgement for right now as he was caught up in fascination alone. He almost could not bring himself to ripping his eyes off of it. However, for Carmon’s sake he not only pulled his eyes away but his whole body. Before they had fully descended from the sight, though, Cole glanced back and saw the terrible form of a squid-like man appear right in front of Captain Sparrow. Eyes wide, he hastened Carmon down the stairs should she happen to look back and see the sight as well. It would, no doubt, cause her to faint. It even sickened him slightly. It finally dawned on him that this was mankind at its worst and most disgusting. He was appalled.

Down below others had already gathered to eat. The idea struck him as odd considering all they had just seen or been through. However, it was welcome if for no other reason but to take their minds off their troubles. Carmon daintily sat down, her seat moaning underneath her. She wrung out her blonde braid though that did little good. Sniffling from the cold rain, she looked over at her brother with exhausted blue eyes. The things on the table swayed as the ship rocked to and fro. The food set on the ancient, warped thing was below standard. Most of it was stuff Carmon and Cole had never had to eat in their old life… except, of course, recently. Carmon wrinkled her nose and sighed, desiring the finer food she had grown up with. Cole offered her a small smile of reassurance and took some of the paltry rations for himself.

Cole silently raised his mug to the toasts and, as everyone else did, he took a swig of it. His sister, on the opposite, was only silent and picked at her food. She didn’t have much of an appetite anyway and she was appalled to the thought of drinking the rum offered. She rubbed her delicate sunburned face, no doubt rubbing away a few stray, homesick tears as well. Cole could sympathize with her. Now more than ever, he was feeling dramatically out of place.

Not too long after his comment to Edward and Vari, Joe, feeling disgruntled and annoyed, disappeared below deck. He wasn’t about to give Sparrow or any of them the opportunity to do to him what they had done to the three lost souls sent over to join Jones’ crew. Not to mention, he had seen enough of Vari’s theatrics and her beloved Edward’s face to last him for quite a while.

Sprawled out on a hammock below deck, he hummed a haunting French lullaby to himself in time with the swinging of the hammock. Pushing his fingers through his short, dark hair he gazed up into the moaning boards of the ceiling, allowing the little drops of water to sprinkle down on and around him. It was about as much of a bath as he was going to get any time soon.

Finishing the last of the tune, Lucette’s sing-song voice trailed up to him. Through the dim light, he saw her form standing in front of him. “What are you doing down here?” she asked as the final strand finished.

Looking her over briefly, he went back to gazing up at the ceiling. “Same could be asked of you, love,” an evasive grin spread across his face. Lucette merely sat down beside him, forcing him to make room for her. The hammock threatened to upset and turn both of them onto the floor together, however, they were able to balance it out and soon they were quietly swaying together. Joe was ridged and quiet as the woman who he had once passionately adored sat so close to him.

“What’s going on with that Pierce woman?” Lucette whispered in her native tongue.

Joe went stiff but then relaxed shortly. “Why?” He replied in equally perfect French. He grinned over at her, realizing that it bothered Lucette. “you’re not jealous are you, Lucie?”

Her brow wrinkled as she took him in, trying to figure out what she should or should not admit to. “Never.” she finally concluded, looking away from him and up to the ceiling where he was now gazing.

Many unasked questions and unsaid comments remained floating around between them in the awkward silence.

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 16th, 2010, 3:51 pm 

Sam sat down but did not eat. She threw a glare at Sparrow, who seemed to take the situation for a celebration. The mood of the rest of the company, on the other hand, gave the impression of that on a funeral. The redhead sighed; she could not eat, not now the absence of their three friends was so tangible. She could not drink and embrace the thought that A-Rose or Will might never be coming back.

Sam lay her hand on Guin's arm and whispered softly: "How can we stand by and let this happen? For all we know they will never make it back."
Frustration was clearly present in her voice; her powerlessness angered her.

She looked up as Eve addressed Vari, who was sitting opposite of her. The dark-haired woman looked miserable compared to her past weeks of joy. "Vari" Sam suddenly intervened. "Are you going to sit and wait here, not knowing if your mother will ever return? Will you not do anything?"
For a moment Sam's face flushed when she realised that she'd spoken to the woman, whom she'd sworn to hate for eternity. But the redhead sensed that Vari wasn't too happy with the situation either and might agree to work out a plan.
Purposely she didn't look at Edward at all, for she feared that if she did, that resentment and oain, which she'd tried so hard to block out, would overwhelm her and that was something Sam wouldn't do. She would never be weak again..

[ My post for James will come up later.. I had not time left to write it now, but I didn't want to keep you waiting any longer for this.. :) ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next