Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 26th, 2024, 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2008, 1:35 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Waverly's face blushed hotly as he walked off, and she tried to preoccupy herself by watching the others. Her gaze slipped back to Keith as he approached her cousin and she groaned inwardly. Fates above....
She quietly wished him luck and drained the rest of her wine in a long gulp that made her head feel a bit dizzy.

Haven turned his attention over to the young man as he approached. He himself was barely older then Keith, but looked him over with an authoritative expression. "Indeed," he replied at last, his tone a murmur, then added, "It is a great victory any day to be able to fight a good fight."

~*~ I am the Patron Saint of Lost Causes. ~*~

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2008, 3:17 pm 

Keith noticed how Maverick slyly avoided the subject of his cousin but that didn't discourage Keith. He took another sip from his ale and he noticed that the drink warmed up his body quickly yet his mind was still clear.
"Perhaps it's not my place to ask you this Maverick..." he started not averting his eyes, not affraid of Maverick's authority "but I lately sensed that your cousin is feeling quite.. trapped.. unhappy. You're good to her.. but too much love can suffocate her. Give her some air: she has skill with the sword, she could do with us on a scouting trip or so.." His voice faded away and Keith remained silent, awaiting Haven's reaction.

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2008, 3:56 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Haven stared down his straight, roman nose at Keith. His blue eyes were cool and unnerving. His temper alit, Haven was quick to get in the man's face; that was always how it was with him.
"How dare you suggest I risk her safety!" he snarled quietly, wanting to make his point without making a scene. "I made a promise, and I will not go back on it. I won't risk - " His voice caught on emotion a moment, " - I won't risk losing her. Fates alive, Keith, she's all I've got left!"

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2008, 4:18 pm 

"Don't you see you're loosing her? Now at this moment?" Keith didn't take a step back. Perhaps Haven would loose his temper but he was willing to take that risk for his interest was peeked. He wasn't familiar to Maverick's personal reasons of rebellion. Was it anger? Retribution? Keith figured there was alot of pain hidden behind the mask of this proud, strong man but that pain shouldn't be at the expense of Waverly.
"Let her come with us.. I'll look after her. You should let her go.."

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2008, 4:40 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Haven scowled hotly at him. "Last I checked, I was the one giving orders here. Waverly stays. It's for her own good."
Waverly was the only family he had left in the world. His parents long dead, his cousin's soon after. He'd made a promise to protect her, and he'd not go back on it now. The risk was far too great. The king - that bloody tyrant! - wasn't about to have her blood as well.
He turned dismissively back to his meal, drinking from his chalice. "I do not take treason lightly, Keith."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2008, 4:51 pm 
Vala
Vala

"I think..." Tomos let his words trail off. What did he think? His head was muddled as well. The loss of his brother was still a fresh wound. Remembering his life now worsened the pain, and at the same time the worsening pain made Tomos relize with more clarity what he had lost. "I think that a world with out clouds would be even worse than one with storms. Its only because of the clouds that the we really notice the sun. How horrible would it be to not appretiate the sun?"

He sighed deeply, then gave a feeble laugh. "But that doesn't help now, does it? I can only see clouds now, and I feel that the sun will never come out again."

Last edited by Nauriel Rochnur on September 10th, 2008, 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2008, 4:57 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Looks great, I'm in!)

Sitting amongst those who would ruin the attempt at the light hearted mood was a bear of a man. He was easily a head taller than the others men. He sat grinning and laughing; in his hand a mug of ale. Assuredly, he too had lost comrades that day, but he would rather be happy and honor their lives with laughter than draw himself into a shell.

Next to the man, fluttering about him in a worried man was his sister (a foundling) and his near opposite. Where he was jovial, outgoing and sometimes inappropriate she was the picture of propriety and calm. Yes, Lilith and Ronin were a strange team.

The tiny woman was glaring at his hand, "Ronin! Why do you insist on worrying me, look at your hand! It shall require stitches, brother." Her brown doe eyes were fixed in a sharp glare as she started to bind her flaxen hair so it would not get in the way of her work.

"Hush, Lilith. It's for the cause! And it's a scratch, I doubt you could even find a small enough needle for it." He layed a hand on her head and mussed it.

She huffed and crossed her arms, "Fine, but when you have some hideous scar, do not come to me for comfort," Lilith retorted.

Ronin's laugh rolled from his chest easily, "Go dance, Lilith. Be happy, we won." He smiled at the woman and patted her head once more.

Her lips tugged upward as she fought a smile and failed, "So, we did. I shall have a wine to celebrate."

"Careful, sister," he teased, "you wouldn't want to do anything too rash."

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Last edited by Maethoriel on September 9th, 2008, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2008, 4:58 pm 

"Since when is concern interpreted as treason? Or council confused with ill-advice? For that's what it was. And if you accuse me of anything then say it!" As soon as these words left his lips Keith knew he'd crossed the line. He damned himself for his big mouth and recklessness. Was the girl worth it? Definately. Yet a quarrel with Haven Maverick wasn't a wise thing that a member of the Shadín could do..

Soft footsteps were drowned in the noise of the feasting crowd. A small boy moved along the dark wall of the room, not glancing for a moment at the celebrations. Although he was barely twelve winters old, the boy quietly and fearless approached the leader of the Shadín, taking no notice of his companion. He tabbed him lightly on the shoulder and whispered softly so no one could hear: "Master Maverick, I've seen them! With torches and spears.. out there.. in the forest!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2008, 5:08 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Haven, who'd risen to his feet in a wave of fierce and righteous anger, ready to verbally disembowel Keith, swerved his attention suddenly to the child. "What? Where?" he demanded, an anxiousness on his face suddenly. Would they attack again so quickly?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2008, 5:20 pm 

"Perhaps fifteen miles north from" the boy answered who was looking pale and tired "but they were searching, sir. They had no clue which direction they had to go.." He fell down on a small stool, allowing himself to look at the table with delicious meals now his message was delivered. "I ran very hard.." he added proudly, hoping for a compliment from the man where he looked up to.

Keith shook his head, confused. "Someone must have left a trail or something" he muttered, aware of the danger which was looming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2008, 5:39 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

"You did well to come to me so quickly," Haven rewarded, putting his hands on the lad's shoulders. His smiled was forced, though; Too bad quick feet leave a bigger tracking... Haven turned to Keith, then back to the group they sat obliviously around the feasting table.
"Come," he said quietly to Keith. "We must alert the guard to their stations. But, take care not to stir too much attention. I don't need any more upsets right now."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2008, 5:52 pm 

Keith nodded, surprised that Haven asked him to join him since he was just about to quarrel with him. We have to stick together Keith said to himself, surely Marverick realised that too. As he silently left the room he felt the eyes of Waverly piercing his back, he glanced back at her once with a reassuring look and then left.

The cool evening's air felt like a relief to Keith after the stuffy, crowded room. It even was a bit chilly but then he wore only a single white shirt, instead of an overcoat. He was glad that he'd kept his belt still on with his long sword, but he could only pray that he wouldn't need it this night.

[Okay, I'll be off for now.. please don't get too far ahead without me. I would appreciate that. ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 10:44 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

"I see what you mean. I kind of feel the same way... but... I don't know. I want to see the sun again, but I know I can't make the clouds go away. At least, not by myself. Maybe... maybe it takes another person to push the clouds away," she said with a shrug. Abruptly she stood and picked up her bow and slung it on her back.
"We should probably head back."

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 12:09 pm 

[ Wow guys, you take my words quite literally, lol. But thanks ;) ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 12:18 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

(I'm trying to wait up for the others...)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 2:31 pm 
Maia
Maia

((I would love to join. Maethoriel, could my character end up in a relationship with Ronin later?))

The young woman looked back at her home, and home to the Lord of the land, her Gaurdian, a false parent. She sighed, the battle that took place between the soilders and outlaws claimed the life of her brother and his best friend, as well as the man she was forced to marry. "May they rest in pece and enjoy the heavens." she said quietly. The woman looked to the woods, she knew it was dangerous, but she needed to be alone, to think over her thoughts that the Lord was wrong, and the out laws were right. And the best way to be alone, was having a walk. As she entered the forest, the site of her home grw harder to see, until it could not be seen at all. The noble woman didn't start to worry, that is until she heard the voices of men.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next