Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 47  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 3:44 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I'd rather not, plus I don't like to plan out romances.)

The sprite like woman wrung her hands noticing Maverick and Keith leave. Her eyes shot towards Ronin who tugged at his curly beard, a sure sign that something was wrong.

"Ronin, what is it? W-where are they going," she hated when all of them left to battle and she was left alone. She got scared for all of them, especially her brother.

Ronin shook his head and pushed a glass of wine into his sister's hands, "Continue celebrating, Lilith. You shouldn't worry, so."

The woman's nose wrinkled, obscuring the freckles on the bridge and her lips pursed together, "I will worry," she hissed. "If anyone is hurt, it is I that will have to stitch them. Just...careful, that is all I ask you be."

"I am not going anywhere immediately, Lilith, just for some air." The man stood from his seat and lumbered out after the other two men. When he reached them he queried in a low voice, "What is the trouble?"

Lilith slumped into a chair and took the wine glass in her shaking hands, taking a small sip to calm her nerves.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 4:28 pm 
Maia
Maia

((ok. sorry))

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 5:39 pm 

Keith face ligtened up when he noticed Ronin appear in the shadows. He hadn't seen him after today's fight yet was not surprised to find him unharmed. This guy could take very good care of himself even though his fussing sister thought otherwise. "Ronin" Keith spoke almost inaudible while he pated him on the back "glad to see that your sister's fussing didn't kill you yet." He smiled, then glanced quickly at Haven and explained in an even lower voice: "our problem is a couple spears and torches strolling through our woods."

Keith listened to the sound of rustling leaves; no unfamiliar sound could be heard. "Maverick" he spoke "we shouldn't fight them. We should't reveal ourselves. Perhaps we can make them go away by scaring them." Eventhough some rays of moonlight shone dimly through the leaves, Keith couldn't distinguish Haven's face so he waited whether the leader caught his drift.

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 10:09 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Haven Maverick wrinkled his nose in thought. "We risk too much... If we fail, we not only alert them as to our location, but they will find where our outpost lies. We cannot risk putting the others in danger."
Quietly as a shadow, Haven strung his bow and notched a yellow-fletched arrow to it. "There's only one way to handle this it seems. Quickly. And silently."

~*~ I am the Patron Saint of Lost Causes. ~*~

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 10:13 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(could you wait till mine and Naur's characters get there before you start the fight? I want to join in too! Naur, where are you?)

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 10:13 pm 
Maia
Maia

The woman Marran, walked a bit further and saw a few of the Lords men. bittng her lip she tried to back track, but ended up triping and making a loud sounds as she fell through the trees.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 1:01 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

The large man grinned and crossed his arms over his chest, "Yes, well Lilith means well enough, you know, " he said with a grin, feeling the need to defend his sister even if Keith was jesting.

The man glanced down at Keith and a sly smile replaced his grin, "It's good to see you about with all your limbs, I'm surprised Haven let you live after making a pass at Waverly," he laughed jovially and clamped the man's shoulder in a gesture of comradery.

Ronin's face fell as he listened to Haven, his hand absently tugging his beard once more, "Aye, but it'll have to be all or none. Can't have any getting away with their lives lest we be dealing with the same trouble."

The big man sighed and removed a sharp blade from his side, repeating the mantra that kept him going in the war, 'For the cause.'

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 8:19 am 

"No..no. My limbs quite suit me and at times they can be quite useful so I'm careful." Keith grinned. "But all a man can do is try right? She's a special woman." He played with his long necklace; a gift and remembrance of the past. He realised that somehow Waverly had diminished the numbness he'd felt after this morning. Someway he was affected by her. Keith's lips curled into a smile, thankful that dusk concealed the blush on his cheeks.

Then he turned to the two other men. "Listen to me.." he started in a last attempt to convince Haven "do you think that, say, more than a dozen men who are missing, remain unnoticed? He'll send even more men. Will you slaughter them all? It will be conspicuous."

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 9:55 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Haven thought this over, his lips pursed tightly. "I still don't think it wise.... We dare not give them the slightest hint as to our location. Surely it's by pure luck that they got even this far...."
His blue eyes cast icily up to the sky through the treetops. "It's a wonder that they haven't penetrated out home yet. I would rather fight a thousand battles then risk letting out location out... Too many innocent lives hang in the balance. We cannot afford to fall."
He nodded in the direction of the oncoming soldiers, giving Will a commanding, 'I-dare-you-to-mess-with-me' look. "We stand and fight."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 10:39 am 
Vala
Vala

((:blush: tis here))
Tomos nodded. "We should go back." He said, caught off gaurd by her sudden comment. He turned and followed Rose as she made her way back to camp.

The moment Tomos stepped into the encampment, he knew somthing was off. Haven had that look to him, the kind that came to his icy blue eyes when he was in a hard situation. "What's happening, Haven?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 10:55 am 

[ Hurray, Naur hath arrived :P ]

Keith narrowed his eyes but bit his tongue and said no more. Haven was the leader and he had to bear the consequenses of his own decisions. The good and the bad. He unsheated his sword which he immediately aimed at the unknown arrivals who betrayed themselves by loud footsteps.
By hearing the familiar voice he lowered his sword in relief. It was just Tomos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 12:51 pm 
Maia
Maia

Marran hesitated for a moment before standing up, and stiffened as she saw the gaurds comming closer. She took off, runing blindly, not realising she was running deeper into the woods. Sudent she fell, triping on a rood and landed a few feet from a group of men.

((That would be the outlaws.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 12:51 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Haven shushed Tomos with his hard stare. "The king's soldiers approach," he murmured softly under his breath to the man. He pressed his back against a tree, an arrow ready to fly as soon as they came into view....

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 12:59 pm 
Maia
Maia

Marran stood up and started to breath hard as she saw one of them set an arrow. "Please, may the heavens have mercy on me." she said under her breath. she tried to stand, but unwillingly cried out in pain as she put weight on her ankle and fell down again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 1:08 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Haven stared down the shaft of his arrow in bewilderment at the girl who'd seemed to appear from nowhere out of the shadows, sprawling at their feet only a few yards away. He didn't lower his weapon, calculating that this may be a trap from the swiftly approaching soldiers.
"Who are you?" he demanded.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 1:13 pm 
Maia
Maia

Marran looked up and froze. "M-Marran. I meant to have a walk, then I saw the lords guards. I paniced. The Lord would puish me if he found out I came to the woods."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 47  Next