Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 28th, 2009, 4:49 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

"Hop aboard Sergeant" Ash smiled, "Anything you need to get from yer truck just pile it in." she turned to Stella with a smug grin that said all she needed to say without opening her mouth to say it.

((guh sorry it's so short))

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2009, 10:40 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(maybe my characters could be found by someone too?)

Jonathan bit his lip tight as he ran through the deserted streets, always facing his wife now and then. "Hold on, Chiyo. Just hold on. We'll get help." Chiyo opened her eyes a bit and moaned slighty in pain. "It's alright, Chiyo. It's okay, I'm here." He ran further, just hoping someone would find them, someone else still alive. He looked down at her again. She was unconcious now, her face pale and sweaty, her body shaking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2009, 7:30 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

OOC: Sorry for the totally OOC post, but I don't have a lot of time right now, and I just wanted to say that Jon and Chiyo could be running down the street towards Keith's shop, as Mike will be going outside to get something in my next post.

What does that say for you and I?

Now, three Gods wait on the windowsill
Where one God's blood was lately spilled
While black tongues lap at the spreading pool
And build the strength they need to rule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 30th, 2009, 12:49 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(thank you, The~Doctor)

Jonathan continued running, looking around him, paniced. He only waited for the zombies coming out on them again. "Please..." he hissed as he ran down a street. He stopped infront of a shop which seemed to be closed and sat down in front of it on the stairs as he head Chiyo whimpering again, turning in his arms. He sighed as he moved her on the back, holding her head up, wiping a few streaks out of her face. "Stay awake, okay? Please...please...stay awake...stay with me."

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 30th, 2009, 4:15 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

[[Kitty and Keith (maybe Abigail too) will meet you, The~Doctor, but I'm waiting on Smeag right now.]]

Wife of Beren

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 30th, 2009, 4:39 pm 
Elf
Elf

Raivynn Phoenix wrote:
"Hop aboard Sergeant" Ash smiled, "Anything you need to get from yer truck just pile it in." she turned to Stella with a smug grin that said all she needed to say without opening her mouth to say it.

((guh sorry it's so short))

((It's a convo, np. I'm not one to demand 200 word posts))

Billy smiled back and taped his temple in a mock salute. "Thanks again." He said, then tsrode back over to his truck, pulled his duffel bag onto his shoulder, and dug out his hunting knife from behind the seat. He had a feeling he'd need it. Looping the blade onto his belt, he headed back to the car. Opening the back door, he cimbed in and rested the duffel bag on his lap. "Thanks for this girls. If you ever need a hand, just call me, eh?" he said genially.

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 30th, 2009, 4:58 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Ash turned round in her seat as Billy got comfortable in the back, "have a funny feeling we'll all need to stick together with all the brain eaters on the loose" she tried hard not to grin when she said it, but she couldn't help but be a little bit excited about a storyline from a movie or a video game come to life. "Stella" she said to her cousin, her head tilting towards the unhappy woman. "Drive on. We gotta get something to eat from somewhere. I need food desperately."

Stella silently fumed as she keyed the ignition and pulled away onto the main road. She looked over her dashboard. "We're gonna be needing more than food" she said tapping the fuel gauge."

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 30th, 2009, 9:32 pm 
Elf
Elf

Billy stared. "Brain Eaters?" He said incredulously.

'Great' he thought. 'My Godsend turns out to be phsycho-chick and company. There's a reason meds are prescribed. And peope wonder why America is so dense...

Closing his eyes for a count of ten, he decided to make conversation. It could keep phsycho-lady busy. "So, I didn't catch your name, Miss.....?"

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2009, 9:34 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Ash turned back round to face there hitcher with a smile, "The names Ash" she nodded her head towards her cousin. "The grouchy driver is Stella" her eyes gleamed and she leaned a little forward. "You don't seemed a bit taken aback when I mentioned the Z's. You don't believe me huh?" she teased him and raised an eyebrow.

"Will you just leave the nice man alone!" Stella sniped, "I'm so sorry Mr Harrison. My little cousin gets a little" she paused to find a polite word to use to describe Ash, "Excitable."

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2009, 2:25 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

OOC: Precious, just for the sake of moving the story along, and getting golum13’s two characters into it, I’m bypassing Keith. Hope you don’t mind. :-D

Keith looked busy with his two female conversationalists, so Mike muttered ‘screw it’ under his breath. He reached into one of the pockets of his greatcoat, removing three tools. One was a long, mostly straight piece of metal, slight cricks and bends covering most of its length. Another was perfectly straight except for at the very last centimeter or so, which was bent at a right angle. The final tool was a tension wrench, an extremely thin piece of metal with about two inches bent at a right angle.

Tools in hand, Mike walked over to the door to his storage room. He slid the tension wrench into the lock, making sure it was securely in place. Then he took the first tool and raked the pins in the lock while applying slight pressure with the tension wrench. He dropped that tool back into his pocket and stuck the other tool into the top half of the lock. He slowly pressed up on the farthest back pin and slowly turned the tension wrench. He applied more and more pressure to the lock through the tension wrench until the last pin locked into place, at which time he gully rotated the tension wrench like one would with a normal key, disengaging the lock.

He dropped the tools back into his greatcoat before pulling open the steel door to his storage room and allowing his gaze to roam around. The back wall was adorned with three hooks. Hanging from the outside hooks were two pistols, one in a hip holster, the other in a shoulder holster. From the same hooks hung satchels containing clips of ammo for said pistols. Suspended from the central hook was a set of body armour.

Two duffel bags sat in the far corner, one full of Navy-issue BDUs (Battle Dress Uniform, which is the general uniform worn by the armed services when they are not in direct combat or full dress); the other, non-perishable foods. Next to the two duffel bags were two pairs of boots. Mike may not have believed in the supernatural, in ghosts, zombies, or vampyres, but he did believe that he lived in one of the most populated cities in the United States, making where he was living a good target for potential terrorist attacks and he wanted to be prepared.

Paranoid? Probably, but just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean someone isn’t lurking around the corner waiting to shoot you in the face.

Aria stuck her head around the doorframe as Mike stripped off his greatcoat and strapped on the shoulder holster. After it was securely fastened, she watched him smoothly draw the gun and eject the magazine. He then checked the weapon in a quick flurry of activity. When Mike seemed satisfied, he reinserted the clip and chambered a round. Before replacing the gun, Aria saw him check something on the die of the gun, the safety, she presumed. He replaced the greatcoat, adjusting it to hide the shoulder rig and gun from casual observation.

“Isn’t most of this stuff illegal?” Aria asked tentatively.

Mike shrugged, “Yeah, but with the Junkie Convention and the supposed zombie attack, I doubt anyone will care.” He grabbed the body armour and stuffed it into the duffel full of BDUs and tossed the lot to Aria, who barely managed to avoid dropping it.

“We’ll come back for the rest,” Mike said, indicating the boots and crate to the left of the door that Aria missed when she first looked into the room. Mike grabbed one satchel of ammo off the wall and put it over his coat. Then he picked up the other duffel bag in one hand and snatched the other pistol belt and satchel before walking out the metal door, swinging it most of the way shut behind him. “Lets get this stuff into my car,” Mike said as he walked by Keith and his two friends, still in a conversation. He nodded and hefted the duffel bag, indicating that he no longer needed the key to his room.

Mike and Aria waited for the doorman to open the large steel door before they made their way up the stairs. And they were greeted by the sight of a woman covered in blood and a man sitting on the steps next to her. The first word out of Mike’s mouth was not one that you would repeat with company, and was said loud enough to make the doorman look up. Aria looked at the woman in shock until Mike grabbed her arm and said, “I need you to grab a shirt from the bag and get pressure on her wounds. Do you understand? Get pressure on them, and if blood starts to seep to your fingers, press harder.”

She still stared numbly until Mike shook her, shouting, “C’mon Aria, wakey wakey. Grab a shirt and get pressure on the woman’s wounds.” Mike turned to look at the couple, swearing again, “I’ll be back, I have a few medical supplies in my car.”

Aria slowly grabbed two neatly folded shirts from the duffel bag and went over to the woman to help. Mike slung the pistol belt and satchel in his hand over his neck and grabbed both duffel bags. He gingerly stepped around the woman, being sure not to disturb her, and sprinted as fast as he could to his car. Tossing the duffel bags in the back seat, Mike popped the trunk and pulled up the floor again. He shoved the duffel bag in there carefully to the side, making sure not to damage the contents and grabbed the red bag with a white cross beneath.

Meanwhile Aria moved as fast as she could manage, which wasn’t very. Her mind was on autopilot, just following Mike’s instructions; for if her conscious mind got control, she would have run screaming from the bloody couple as fast as she could. “What the heck happened?” she asked, trying to keep her mind off what she was doing as she pressed a shirt onto one of the woman’s wounds.

What does that say for you and I?

Now, three Gods wait on the windowsill
Where one God's blood was lately spilled
While black tongues lap at the spreading pool
And build the strength they need to rule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2009, 4:18 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Jonathan looked up to see a man and a woman. He barely heard the man talking something about medical supplies and just nodded, numbed, not even listening, not even hearing him. Then he looked up as he heard a female voice. He looked beside him at the woman who started to press a shirt against his wife's cut, trying to make it stop bleeding, asking him what had happened.

He shivered lightly as he remembered, then he looked back to her. "I...we...we've been attacked. I tried to hold her back...to flee with her...but she didn't...she wanted to get something from the house..." He looked down on his wife. "I...I don't remember much...I...I just remember her screams...then these growls...I ran in to make sure she was alright...an then I found her...she tried to fight off one of these infected, but he...or...she...attacked her...scratched her. I couldn't fight it off myself...I had to watch...to hear her screaming...until I got something hard...and then I only remember hitting this...monster's head. I couldn't think anymore what I was doing. I just...did it...I just..." He looked away to hide his tears, to hide the fear he was suddenly feeling. "I...I couldn't do anything for her. I was supposed to protect her...because she was the smaller one...because she was attacked...but I couldn't do anything. I was helpless...against this...thing...I couldn't do anything."

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2009, 6:37 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

[bump]

Wife of Beren

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2009, 6:42 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

(Sorry. I am going to post. Let me just catch myself up with were everyone else is.)

"Thank you," Abagail responded to Keith's comment insincerely, "I think I have it from here." All of these people are either freaked or just mean, she thought as she pulled out her Black Berry and sought internet access.

Surprisingly, there was good signal, unlike the warnings others had given her. It seemed as if her stay was going to be easier than she thought.

SAN ANTONIO

Abagail plugged in the name into MapQuest to get basic directions. Two hours south, she thought as she strolled away from the counter, staring at the BlackBerry. "I guess I will just have to find a cab. Hopefully I have some cash on me." Patting her back pocket, Abagail confirmed that she had her wallet as she walked towards the front entrance.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2009, 7:39 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

As the woman turned to leave, Keith asked, "I'm sorry, Kitty. What were you saying?"

Kitty hesitated.

"Alice? What is it?"

Kitty couldn't decide whether to say it or not. Finally, she said, "I... I want you to come with me. I want you to be with me."

Keith looked at her. Kitty looked away. He took her chin in his hand so that she would look at him. "I will follow you anywhere."

Kitty didn't know whether to feel relieved or embarrassed, so she settled on relieved.

"Come on, let's go," Keith said and smiled. He hadn't seen Kitty so comfortable in a while. He was relieved as well.

He helped Kitty with bags that she was debating on taking or not before. As they were walking down the stairs to the door, Keith noticed the woman from before walking in front of them. They passed outside and found Cole and three other people. He went to the bloody couple sitting on the curb and demanded what was wrong. Kitty ran over to Cole to find out what was wrong.

"What happened? Why are they covered in blood? Has the invasion gotten anyone else here?" Kitty shouted.

Wife of Beren

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2009, 9:59 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

[bump]

Wife of Beren

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2009, 12:32 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(erm... apparently nobody in Kieth's shop heard Rosabel's screams.... And nobody heard her warning about the zombies ambling down the street towards them...)

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next