Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2009, 3:59 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Fun character.. Kitty is going to enjoy annoying you.. >:3

Wife of Beren

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2009, 4:29 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

heh interesting character. Welcome to the Zombie Resistance :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2009, 4:41 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Soo... when are we going to start? I can't wait to kick some zombie but! lol! And it's the same kind of zombies as Shaun of the Dead? *watched most of movie last night till computer crashed* slow moving, get bit or die you turn into one, best killed by destroying brain or cutting off head, right?

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2009, 4:47 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Yup, slow moving zombies that once you're bitten you turn into one. Removal of head or destroying the brain kills them yeah.
If anyone wants to start, feel free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2009, 5:03 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Mind if I join? And is this in a city such as Dallas or San Antonio of Huston or in the countryside?

What does that say for you and I?

Now, three Gods wait on the windowsill
Where one God's blood was lately spilled
While black tongues lap at the spreading pool
And build the strength they need to rule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2009, 5:36 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Sure, feel free to join in. Just post up a bio when you can. I'm not too sure, a small city I would think. I'm not overly familiar with Texas enough to decide what would be the best one to use as base.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2009, 10:46 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(I finally get your signature, Raiv, after having seen X-men Origins: Wolverine earlier today!)

Ok, so then, when is this to start? I mean, is it before the zombies actually start showing up, or while theres only one or two, or after they're already hoarding the streets?

And why doesn't the creater of the rp start the rp? lol. I mean, I think thats how it should be done. But then again... thats just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2009, 10:20 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

(( XD Wade was one of my fave parts in the movie.))

((Sorry bout the no post I thought I had more time to last night but wasn't to be...I'm on it))

A figure sits hunched over in a dimly lit room. Her eyes never blink or waver as she concentrates on her television screen. She lets out a grunt and swears under her breath as she mashes away on her console controller. "Come on baby!" she mutters with a crooked smile "Bring it home"
Just as the final blow was about to be struck the door swings open and the room floods with light from above.
"Aww Stella for cryin' out loud I almost had 'im" the hunched figure moaned without even turning round to the angry looking woman standing in the doorway.

"This room" Stella began, trying to control her frustration, "This house is a pigsty! Did you bother to do anything I asked you to do today?"

"I forgot" the girl replied, putting down the controller with a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry" she turned round putting on big puppy dog eyes.

"You forgot?" Stella repeated back in disbelief, "You forgot!" she repeated back louder. "How in the hell could you forget Tina?" she shook her head and stormed out of the bedroom.

"Stop calling me that!" Tina wailed back, pouting at the use of her real name. There was no reply from Stella, only background noises of stomps and slams as she made her way around there shared house. Shrugging she turned back to her game and restarted. "Now...this time I'll end you" she smirked.

A few minutes passed and Tina was once again engrossed in her game of Tekken. Stella's shrill voice pierced the air.
"Tina! Come here a sec"

"What is it?" she called back over her shoulder, never pausing the game.

"Tina, will you just come here please" Stella's voice whined through to her.

"Not until you call me by my proper name Stella." Tina smirked, knowing how much Stella hated using that name.

Stony silence until Stella called through again. "Ash, come see" her voice defeated, but urgent sounding. Tina paused her game and got up onto her feet and strolled through to the sitting room to see Stella standing in front of another televison. "Have you seen this?"

"Seen what?" Ash replied, "I've been...busy" she stood next to Stella who's eyes hadn't left the screen. She slowly turned her head to look at the television, it was a CNN breaking news report. Stella always put on CNN when she got home from work.

The President is advising everyone to stay in there homes at this time and to remain calm. came the reporter, the worry very apparent in her voice.

"Stella...what's going on?" she turned back to her cousin. "What's got Obama all riled up like this?" she felt her cousins hand on her face, forcing it back to the news report.
"Look...at...it" she muttered.

Ash read the scroll bar.
Mexican Swine Flu strain mutates. Unparalled disaster. Highly contagious her eyes began to light up. "You know what this means cous'" she looked up at her terrified cousin.

"We're all going to die?" Stella replied terrified.

"No...well yes, but that's not what I meant. What I mean is...what I've been saying all along will happen." she paused the delight unable to be hidden, "Zombie Apocalypse"

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2009, 11:31 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Mine too... until he got turned into Deadpool or weapon XI... poor guy...)

The redhead banged her head to the music coming from her headphones. She sang along totally off-key, while dipping her paintbrush in the paint, then smearing it over the canvas infront of her. Slowly a picture of two horses on rolling hills was coming to life.

Unlike the usual long braid, Rosabel's hair was in various small braids and ponytails today, kept back with a dark blue bandana.

"And all my hopes and dreams
Aren't for anyone
I keep them safe and sound

And hope this picture is
Not yours anymore
But can you hear me now?
," she sang along, brush hand moving swiftly. She wore jeans with wholes all in the knees, and plaid converse. Also a black noodle-strap shirt with "Paramore" written over the front over red baby-T, and fish-net fingerless gloves on her arms. Rosabel was the deffinision of weird in her normal-looking art studio.

Her headphones were turned up so high, she didn't hear when the front door burste open and in rushed Cole, complete in his baggy camoflauge pants, black muscle shirt, and dogtags. There was a riffle slung across one shoulder, a shotgun in the other, and an M4 assult riffle in his arms. As well as two pistols on his belt, and a knife in his combat boots. Not to mention the backpack suffed to the brim with amo.

"Rose!" he yelled, but still not heard over the loud music of Kyosuke Himuro and Gerard Way. Rosabel continued humming to her music, totally obliviouse. "Rosabel," Cole yelled again, pulling off her headphones and stalking over to the tv and flipping it on.

"Cole! When did you get here? Uh... whats with the guns?" Rosabel inquired, supprised, and setting down her paintbrush and pallet.

"Just now... and, ugh, don't you ever turn on the tv?" Cole groaned, noticing nothing happened when he flipped the switch on the small black box, and finding it unplugged. As soon as he plugged it in, the screen came to life.

I repeat, everyone is advised to stay in their homes and remain calm at this time. We will fill you in when more is learned about this new mutated strain of the Swine Flue. Again, stay in your homes and lock all windows and doors until further instructions, the man who's face covered the screen said.

"A new strain of Swine Flue in Mexico. Big woop," Rosabel said, not impressed, and turned back to her painting, pulling her headphones over her head. Again Cole pulled them off.

"A strain thats highly contageouse, and already on this side of the border. You should see the people that catch it. The news showed a video. They're zombies!" Cole said, his face, eyes included, completely seriouse for once. Though he was having a hard time keeping a straight face. Rosabel gave him a weird look.

"Zombies. Right. And I'm queen of Canada," sarcasm dripped from her tounge.

"You could be queen of freaking Greenland for all I care. But I wouldn't put plans into action yet. Not until I get to use my zombie-putter-downer on a few undead bodies," Cole said, a rare smile breaking out on his face.

Rosabel looked down at the assult riffle in his hands. "Okay... so maybe this is seriouse then. When the synical smile comes out, you either arm yourself or run from Cole," she said to herself, then looked up at Cole's brown eyes. "Got one of those nice shiney 'zombie-putter-downers' for me, big brother?" He nodded and handed her the pump-action shotgun...

(haha. I'm having fun with these two!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2009, 11:58 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

((fweeee this is gonna be so much fun))

Stella's cousins words rang through her head. She raised an eyebrow and then cuffed Ash in the back of the head. "Be serious."

"Ow" Ash let out a yelp as she felt Stella's hand on the back of her head. "I was being serious."

Stella was about to turn the tv off when a second news report was hurriedly shown up. "Oh...my God" were all Stella could sputter out as she gaped in horror at rough phone camera footage of mutilated bodies and one slowly grasping itself back onto it's feet, groaning and slowly pacing forward.

"Told ya" Ash smirked in triumph and ducked as she saw Stella's hand swing for her again. "Cut that out, it's not my fault the dead are coming back to life with a thirst for brains." she really relished saying the words, as ridiculous as they may have been. "We gotta get prepared, Stell'"

"Prepared for what exactly?" Stella turned back, flustered and confused. "This is a dream and I'm going to wake up soon in a cold sweat screaming. This is NOT happening"

"Oh but it is, so we'll need to head out. Get some supplies." Ash said matter of factly.

"Wait..what? Are you insane...no what am I saying I know you are" Stella turned and glowered at her younger cousin who had a huge grin plastered to her face. "We were ordered to stay in doors, I'm not going anywhere least of all with you."

"Fine" Ash shrugged and made her way into her room and began rummaging around before coming back out with a katana and a tatty old baseball bat. "I'm going to the store to get some non-perishable food. You stay here and wait for them to come get you." and made her way towards the front door.

"Wait!" Stella yelled in panic, "You can't leave me here alone. Besides, if I don't come with you all you'll do is buy the stores worth of Doritos"

Ash smirked at her cousin "Dorito's are the kind of stuff we need stupid. Now, check the windows...see if we got any out there."

"Me?" Stella balked at the idea, "Why should I do it? You do it!"

Ash rolled her eyes at Stella's panic and made her way to the main living room window and peered out from the cream venetian blinds. The street was eerily deserted, nothing and no-one in sight. "I think we're clear."

"You think?" Stella groaned.

"Only one way to find out" Ash smiled wildly, "Now...if only I had a double barrel Remington" as she slowly opened the door.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2009, 6:06 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Okay, a couple of questions for technical information before I finalize my character.

(1) Being bitten turns you, so I assume that the infection is passed through the saliva, so if the saliva gets into any open cuts, you are turned, correct?

(2) Is the blood contagious? (As in you blow one of their heads off and get blood in your mouth or in a cut, will you become one of them?)

(3) Are scratches contagious? (Because in some in some incarnations of zombies, scratches are contagious; in others, it isn't.)

(4) How long does it take to turn (Not relevant to character, just useful information.)

(5) How strong are they? (Again, not relevant to character, just useful.)

(6) How about the location being in San Antonio (a suburb of it or something, probably, not downtown). The reasoning for that question is that the first deaths (from Swine Flu or whatever letter and number designation they decided to use now) in the US were in San Antonio, so it would logically progress that it would be the first place the dead would rise.

Thanks,

The~Doctor

What does that say for you and I?

Now, three Gods wait on the windowsill
Where one God's blood was lately spilled
While black tongues lap at the spreading pool
And build the strength they need to rule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2009, 6:17 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

((I am winging this completely so lol I'll do my best to answer you.

1. I'd presume so yes
2. Only bites as the zombies have to bite you to transfer the virus. Small splatters of blood aren't anything to worry about.
3. If the scratch is deep then it could cause turning, albeit slower as there's no transfer of saliva.
4. Depends on the wound. Anywhere between 30 minutes and 3 hours.
5. About average human strength, It's more there persistence that's the problem over strength.
6. San Antonio sounds great, thanks for your help with choosing the locale.

Hope that was helpful. ))
*edit*
Sorry changed the answer to #2

Last edited by Raivynn Phoenix on May 5th, 2009, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2009, 7:30 pm 
Elf
Elf

Billy Harrison was sprawled out on the bed of his motel room, the TV flickering. He sat up as the CNN reel played out, observing in silence as resident Obama's warning played out. 'So a new strain is headed north. Time to go.' He thought, picking up the phone. After dialing out, he called Mike and told him of his plans to leave. After that was settled, he shoved his clothes into his duffel bag.

With everyone notified, he called the front desk, checked out, and headed for the lobby, turning off the TV as he walked out the door. The remote thumped onto the bed as the door closed behind him. Billy dropped his bag on the floor and pulled on his coat as he waited for the elevator. He brushed the OPP crest on his shoulder, and stepped inside the lift, tapping his foot anxiously as the doors opened silently. He tossed his room key onto the front desk, never breaking stride. He made a beeline for his truck, a monstrous black thing that guzzled gas like it was dying of thirst. Tossing his bag on the passenger seat, he puled out his keys and started the engine. "There's a yellow rose of Texas, that I am going to see, no other fellow knows her, no other, only me...."

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2009, 7:20 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Kitty woke up around 1. She walked to the kitchen to check what was in the refridgerator. Finding there was no more milk, she went to the living room and fell down on the couch. After checking her phone messages, (there were none, so no money for a while) she was contented to watch TV.

"Let's see now..." she said while flipping through the channels. "What's going on in the big wide world?" As Kitty turned on CNN, the sound of that annoying reporter came over the air. This just in! Breaking news from the White House. The Swine Flu from Mexico has developed a new mutation that is even more dangerous than the first. The disease is highly contageous and the infected have become very hostile. If you have come in contact to one of the infected, it is important to cover all wounds and open cuts. The President is advising everyone...

It couldn't be... Kitty thought to herself. There was no way that something like this could really actually happen. These sorts of things were only possible in video games and movies... but... what if it wasn't? She changed out of her pajamas into a dark grey camisol, a pair of long, black cargo shorts, and a black sweater. Underneath her sweater, she wore her gun holster with a fully loaded Beretta INOX along with a another matching pistol in the back of her shorts. Along with the guns, she packed a K-Bar her father had given her as a girl before he died. They've helped her out in sticky situations before, but against some evils, have not yet been tested.

With only a portion of her "emergency" arsenel, she crept out the back window onto the escape ladder from her 3rd floor apartment as she usually did. From there, she made her way to a grocery store that was not open to the general public but only to "special" customers.

Wife of Beren

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 6th, 2009, 1:25 am 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

Name: Abagail Sims
Appearance: Brown Curly Hair. Green Eyes, currently for both of them. Slender and fair skinned.
Personality: A stuck up movie actress.
Other Info: Abagail was on her way to a movie set in Chile when her plane crash landed in the desert lands of Texas. She woke up from the crash to find herself in some hospital where she could only understand the words "Que", "Tu", and "Hola" from her attending nurse. After the doctor confirmed that she would be fine with rest, Abagail proceeded to carry on her search for her movie set in what she believes to be San Antonio, Chile.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Si... si... si... si... si... adios," Abagail told the lady at the front counter of the hospital desk, "A... di... os... I am leaving. Going. Leaving." This lady seems to have attachment issues, Abagail thought to herself as she tweedled away from the blabbering lady at the front desk to escape the broken record of que's and pero's. "Bye," Abagail told the lady one last time and quickly ran out through the door to breath the fresh air of Chile.

The emotion of the lady probably should have bothered Abagail. She was fidgeting right and left, pointing at some newspaper, and screaming every time Abagail took another step to the door, but, nevertheless, Abagail had been around fans that screamed twice as loud as the lady and clung ten time harder. She was used too it by now. What she wasn't used to, although, was the barrenness of the streets.

Abagail stepped out on the dirt road and was hoping to walk towards the sound of people, but there wasn't any. The only sound she could hear was the wind blowing through the desert lands of, what she believed to be, Chile. "Weird," Abagail muttered to herself, "Usually people flock to see me. Oh well, a little peace and quiet never hurt anyone." (Except one of her friends when he contemplated doing experiments with his microwave alone, but that is the problem with being inquisitive nowadays.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 6th, 2009, 2:53 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

(( XD Love it. What kind of movies is she in?))

Ash and her older cousin Stella creeped slowly and quietly out of there modest house. "Here take this" Ash whispered to Stella, handing her over the baseball bat. "Just incase"

Stella eyed the beaten up piece of wood and groaned. "I don't want it. You keep it." she pushed the bat back towards Ash who only pushed it back to her. "Take it!" she whispered more aggressively, "I can't handle two weapons. Stella took the bat with a roll of her eyes, "This is so embarassing. We're going to get taken away to the funny farm y'know"

"Unless we're eaten alive of course" Ash snapped back, her voice still in a low whisper and looked all around her as they continued to walk towards Stella's car. A gleaming blue Dodge Neon. Ash ogled it briefly before turning to her cousin. "Keys" she gestured her hand outwards, nothing happened. "Stella keys" Ash said snapping her head round towards her cousins flustered face. "What's going on Stella?"

"I um..left the keys in the kitchen" she gulped, "What are we gonna do?" she began to panic.

"Stella...the house is like 10 feet away" she teased, "Would you like me to go get them for you" she asked in a mocking babylike voice.

"I'll go!" she glared back, "Don't go anywhere"

Ash watched in amusement as her neurotic cousin stomped off back into the house. She did another check around the street, still nothing though still eerily quiet. A piercing scream from inside the house made Ash almost literally jump. "Stella!?" she yelled running towards the door with Stella running towards her. In the panic they clashed and fell onto the front porch. Ash looked up as one of the neighbours, an eldery woman slowly paced her way towards them. Ash's eyes widened, "Mrs Camerons a Zombie!" though it was hard to be heard over Stella's constant screaming.
"OhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodItsreal"

Ash quickly pulled herself up and looked down at Stella, reaching her hand down to her. "Come with me if you want to live" Stella grabbed Ash's hand and they ran towards the car. As Stella fidgeted with the keys three more of there zombified neighbours came steadily towards them. "Come on Stella!" then the door clicked open and Stella hurried inside, opening the passenger side screaming for Ash to get inside the car.
Ash ran round and jumped inside the passenger door grinning. "I've always wanted to say that"

"Wonderful" Stella sarcastically replied.

"What're you waiting for" Ash urged, "Drive!" Stella keyed the ignition and the car sped off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next