Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 6th, 2009, 3:38 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(gave Cole and Rosabel pics! I drew them... btw, I love the drawing of Kitty, Precious!)

"So whats the plan?" Rosabel asked, cleaning out her paint brush and putting it away as well putting her creation-in-progress on a stack of other unfinnished paintings. (She had a habbit of starting things and not finnishing before moving onto the next) But Rose knew she really didn't need to ask.

"Go to the store and stock up on more amo, maybe a baseball bat or two... golf clubs, some more guns... from the sports section. Then get some unparishable foods," Cole started. "Then go to my house."

"Wait, wait, hold on," Rose cut in, opening a closest full of misclaneouse items and digging through them. "What happened to going to a marina and getting a boat and living out on the water where the zombies can't get us? I thought that had been your plan."

"That was when we lived in Florida, and we were closer to water," Cole answered, tossing his M4 from hand to hand, waiting for Rose.

"Right... But why your house? This place is just as good. If not better. See the windows? They're ten feet off the ground. The doors are heavy, and have cast iron doors that go over them. And there are three smaller rooms and a kitchen. Two rooms already have beds. We can clear my art stuff out of the third and use it for storage," Rose said, warming up to the idea as she pulled a big black case from the closet and set it on it's side on the ground.

"Because my place is pretty much a fort...?" Cole retorted. Rosabel glared at him, pausing in opening the case.

"Or maybe we should wait and see if this new Swine Flue reaches this city," her words came slowly. "And your house is... small and cramped."

"Cloustraphobic wuss," he joked.

"Physco pervert," Rosabel countered, and both chuckled. Often the two friends insulted each other, but that was just what made them friends...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 6th, 2009, 7:34 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Quote:
With only a portion of her "emergency" arsenel, she crept out the back window onto the escape ladder from her 3rd floor apartment as she usually did. From there, she made her way to a grocery store that was not open to the general public but only to "special" customers.

Kitty took great strides to make it to the store. She and the local police officers weren't exactly on the best of terms. Kitty knew that they would be swarming the street due to the chaos that would errupt. She couldn't decide whether it was flipping the cruiser or setting fire to their facilites that made them hate her (both thrown out of court due to "lack of evidence"). She cut through an alley and climbed up onto another escape ladder to the roof of a non-descript building. From there, she made her way from the roof access to the basement (and trecking a good number of stairs along the way). There was a door to get to the basement and the password was..

"Spumoni," Kitty yelled while rapping at the door. The thick metal door slowly swung open to reveal the store was packed with people. Chaos was everywhere as all sorts of scum bags and low-lives desperately gathered materials to sustain themselves for who knows how long. Without saying a word, she made her way to a back room. Although she and the owner broke up a long time ago, they were still on good terms. He kept a room just for her where she was able to store whatever she wanted for as long as she wanted.

Kitty went to a cabinet to fetch some heavy artillery and a lot of ammo when she heard foot steps behind her. She spun around and whipped her guns out to see it was Keith, the owner.

"Christ, Keith.. are you trying to scare me to death?" Kitty exclaimed.
"I just thought I would check up on my number one customer," Keith said.
"How did you know I was here?"
"Surveillance. You never know who's going to show up asking for what. Besides, I knew you would turn up sooner or later."
"That's sweet," Kitty said sarcastically. "You're still watching me for when I come home."
"Listen, I only want the best for you," Keith said.
"I know.. I'm just.." she started. "I'm not sure what to do. I haven't even called to make sure Kate is alright."
"Ah.. you're still in contact with your sister?" he asked.
"Yes.. I just want to know she will be alright."
"Well, if the zombies haven't invaded my little shop, both of you can always stay with me," Keith offered.
"Thanks, Keith. I'll actually keep it in mind this time," Kitty smiled. "But... do you really think that's what this is? Zombies, I mean?"
"It's the only explanation I can come up with. Be on your guard, okay?"
"Hey, you too."

Kitty pretty much emptied out the entire room. She had a few bags with weaponry, a few with food, a few more with miscelaneous supplies, and a pair of her favorite <a href="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/413V2PDMD5L._AA280_.jpg">fingerless gloves</a>. Lastly, she grabbed a set of keys to her <a href="http://www.99mustangs.com/gallery2/d/19-1/2009-Ford-Mustang.jpg">2009 Ford Mustang</a>, which was generously given to her by Keith (with all the bells and whistles including bullet-proof glass) when they were still going out. She hardly used it due to the fact that she could navigate her urban landscape faster than any vehicle could... In any case, it would be very helpful in transporting some people she might meet on the road.

PS - OMG! Cole looks EXACTLY like I pictured him :P I love him even more! :P :P :D

PPS - Thanks, Eru! I really like yours too :D

PPPS - Hey smeag! :D

Wife of Beren

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 6th, 2009, 10:20 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

The dirt of Chile was beginning to aggravate Abagail's contacts, not to mention her shoes. Seventy dollars being thrown in the trash all thanks to some lousy flying. Good thing that once she got back to set, she would be able to change, get a couple dozen showers, and just relax before her big first shoot two days from now.

"Ok, seriously?" Abagail asked herself as she wiped her eyes free of another handful of dirt that was splashed onto her face by the wind, "I hate South America." Frustrated, she went into the nearest shop to find a plethora of people grabbing each and every item off of the shelf. The good news is that Abagail is able to maintain a level head in the case of hysteria. The bad news is, once she headed to the aisle that should have include the basic necessities of makeup, deodorant, hair product, and phone numbers to the nearest salon's she found the aisle to be stripped. That was not something she had bargained for.

Right after a deep breath to calm herself down, Abagail stormed over to the front counter and, after composing herself, demanded to know what happened to the aisle. "Uhh...." Abagail pointed out to the manager of the store as she eyed for the name tag (and ignored the girl next to her), "Keith. I don't care what is going on. There could be some of sort of alien attack here. That is why I live in the U S of A. No worries here. I am just not going to be able to make it to my job... alive... if I do not get my basic needs."

(Thank you, Precious. I don't know if you are playing Keith, so I am going to wait until either you play him or I post for him.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 8th, 2009, 9:06 pm 
Elf
Elf

((So, how do we all link up? May I ask?

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2009, 11:32 am 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

((Hmm..I'm guessing we all somehow meet up at the same place some way. Anyone else have any ideas?))

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2009, 12:05 pm 
Elf
Elf

((Well, Billy's kinda headed for the airport, but he could get stuck in a traffic jam or get a flat tire outside someone's house.))

Son of Bellatrix

Banner by Pandora

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2009, 1:07 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

((Ash and Stella are headed out from a small suburb type place into the city for supplies...maybe he hitches a ride with them?))

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 10th, 2009, 10:35 am 
Dunadan
Dunadan

OOC: I'm guessing that we all go to Keith's shop, as two people are there already. But that is just a guess. Also, as we never specified what time of day it was, I posted this as if it was evening; because, you know, zombies, night, scary.

[EDIT] Wow :-o , this is longer than I intended. You can just read the last few paragraphs if you don't want to read it all.

I’m going to bring in two characters if you don’t mind.

Name: Aria ‘Andromēde’ Abernethy
Appearance: At five feet and change, one hundred pounds and nothing, Aria (nicknamed Andromēde by her Martial Arts instructor) has shoulder length blonde hair. She has a cute, slightly upturned nose and a nice smile.
Personality: She is very nice and polite. Doesn’t dismiss the possibility of the paranormal, but doesn’t believe in it either.
Other Info: Never handled guns in her life. She is an English major who wanted to learn self-defense. Born in the United States to Greek parents.

Name: Mike Barzilai
Appearance: Tall at six feet five inches, Mike has broad shoulders covered by corded muscles. His muscle isn’t the sculpted muscle of a professional weight lifter but the wiry cords of an athlete. His black hair is cut out to about two inches. He usually wears a dark gray greatcoat because the pockets are massive.
Personality: Is kind of a joker now that he is no longer in life threatening danger as many things in life that are important to other people just seem pointless and superficial to him.
Other Info: Retired Navy SEAL (honorably discharged at the age of 29 due to being shot in the right hip [he occasionally walks with a small limp, even after the rehab]). Has a very well taken care of black 1967 Chevy Impala. He has been a practitioner of Tae Kwon Do since he was six years old and was a black belt in it before he was seventeen. In the Navy, Mike learned SCARS (Special Combat Aggressive Reactionary Systems) and Krav Maga. Once leaving the SEALs, he continued on with Krav Maga and became a Master (able to teach it correctly) in a few years due to previous experience with the SEALs and also learned the Japanese sword fighting art of Kendo just because he wanted something to do as his military pension and income from teaching martial arts was more than enough to life on.

IC: A single rivulet of sweat ran down his left temple, beading on his chin. His breathing came slow and steady, despite the thin sheen of perspiration covering his face and arms. A cutoff muscle shirt covered his chest and stomach, but left his muscled arms bare. His feet moved slowly, side to side, never crossing, matching his opponents move for move.

She was his polar opposite. Where he was tall, she was small. He had a solid quality about his body; she looked as though a steady breeze would blow her over. His features were all angles and sharp corners; hers, soft and rounded. More sweat covered her face and her breathing was more ragged and uneven than his, but only slightly. She made the first move, coming in with a right feint at his chest as her left hand swept the ground for one of the many psuedo-weapons that littered the floor.

He ignored the feint and charged as she got off balance to grab the weapon. He hit her low in the stomach, her breath leaving her body in a whoosh. She tried to bash the foam brick into this head, but he had trapped her wrist against his side and she wasn’t strong enough to pull free. She dropped the brick and stuck one of her legs between his. He tripped as she danced out of the way, sprawling face first into the mat.

He rolled onto his back, coiled the muscles in his abdomen and snapped them straight as fast as he could, allowing him to regain his footing with minimal fuss. A knife came at his shoulder, held downward in a tiny fist. His right forearm deflected the blow to the side. But that was just a diversion as a knife held in the other hand came at his belly. Anticipating this, he grabbed her wrist as it passed and pulled it down to his right hip, throwing her off balance and causing her to miss her strike. Next he twisted his whole body around, grabbed her under the shoulder with his left hand, lifted her from the ground and slammed her to the ground with enough force to make the breath leave her body once again.

His forearm went to her throat and she slapped the mat three times as a sign of defeat. The man stood, noting the sharp pain in his right hip as he did so, offering his hand to her once he was up. She ignored it and pushed herself to her feet. ‘Come on Aria, don’t be such a sore loser. I have been doing this for slightly longer than you.”

Aria was his best student, but she had some defeat issues. As in she hated it. She strove to be the best, to never lose, and compared to all his other students, she was the best; but she wasn’t better than him. The rest of the class had left almost twenty minutes ago, but Aria had stayed after for her usual sparring session. “You cheap-shotted me, Mike,” she said with a tone that was half complaining, half accepting.

“No such thing as a cheap shot in a fight,” Mike replied as he grabbed a towel. He tossed one to her. “Nice going with the trip, but you should have gone for a choke hold and not the knives, the won’t always be there.”

“I’m not strong enough to keep a choke hold on you,” she said in a rare moment in which she admitted that she wasn’t good enough to do something.

“I’ll see you on Friday,” Mike said as he disappeared into his actual home to get his Kendo sword. Mike rented the whole basement of an apartment building, and probably paid less money for more space than the other tenants. His gym, where he taught martial arts classes every day except Sunday, occupied most of the floor, almost the first three quarters of the floor. He had installed walls to separate the gym from his home, which consisted of a living room/ kitchen and then a bedroom with a connecting bathroom.

The floor of the gym was covered by a foam mat to make the falls hurt less and most of the wall had been covered with a similar material. One of the long walls had six flags hanging along it. The two largest ones were a British Union Jack and the American Stars and Stripes. To the right was first a flag with the coveted trident symbol of the SEALs and then the Israeli flag. To the left was a Korean flag followed by a Japanese one.

The far wall was covered with sparring equipment: hogus (body armour), helmets, groin cups, mouth guards, and various forms of gloves. Facsimiles of samurai swords were mounted along the wall above them. Along the same wall was stacked various psuedo-weapons; foam versions of common instruments you would find in a real fight out on the street to teach the students what to do in a real fight. Because learning what to do when everyone obeys a set of rules is all well and good, but when you get into a real fight, there are no rules and no referee to step in to stop things if they get out of hand (unless the police happen to get there by that time, of course).

In the corners opposite the doors there were changing rooms with two showers in each. Mike could hear the water rushing as Aria used one of them to clean up. He too decided to step into his shower, as he was covered in sweat and Kendo wouldn’t get him all that sweaty. Besides, showering always felt good, always helps to clear the mind. The shower only took him three minutes, and he dressed in sweats and a T-shirt, grabbing his Kendo sword on his way out to the gym.

He had been going through his routine for over ten minutes before Aria left the changing rooms, said good-bye, and left up the stairs. Mike decided to call it quits, sheathing his sword and changing from sweats into blue jeans. As he bent over and grabbed his sword, Aria’s voice came down the stairs to him, “Uh…. Mike, you should see this.”

“What is it?” he shouted back.

“Just come up and look, would you?”

“Fine,” Mike stepped out into the failing light of the evening, sword sheathed in his hand, to be greeted by the sight of Aria. Her hair was still wet from the shower and she was wearing a red sweater and blue jeans. She gestured over to his car, a 1967 Chevy Impala. There were two men over by it. One had a slim jim stuck down the side of the window, trying to unlock it; and the other guy was screaming at him to hurry.

“Hey!” he shouted. “Stop that!”

The man with the slim jim in the door looked wildly around him, then went back to work, muttering, “No, can’t stop, need to get away. Can’t stop. Get away, away from them.”

Mike walked up to the man, grabbed his wrist, and placed him in an arm bar. Then he used his forearm to push on the nerve bundle on the back of the forearm and shoved the man’s face into the dirt. The other guy’s eyes widened and he turned and sprinted down the street screaming, “We have to get away!”

“What do you think you are doing?” Mike snarled in the man’s ear.

“We have to get away, they’re coming. They want to eat us. THEYARECOMMINGTOEATUS!” his words came faster and louder until he screamed.

Mike let him up, “Get out of here.” He turned around and shook his head, “Freaking junkies.” He would have been pissed if they had stolen his beloved car. He had replaced the stock windows with bullet-resistant glass (as there is no such thing as bullet-proof glass) and had packed the insides of the metal housing with phone books that had been torn in half. Much cheaper than metal plating, and good enough to stop anything but full metal jacket military sabot rounds fired from a sniper rifle. [Yes, that does actually work.] Mike looked at Aria, “You need a ride? I need to pick up a package and it is only a block or two from your house.”

“Sure,” she said. “Wait. How do you know where I live?”

“Maybe because I’m psychic,” Mike said with a smile. Aria glared at him. “Or maybe because you have to put down your address on the liability waiver that you have to sign to be part of my class. Your choice, but I personally prefer the psychic one.”

She rolled her eyes, but said, “Sure.” They both got into the car and Mike drove it for almost four miles before he reached the store. Along the way, they saw a lot more freaked out junkies and a couple of people so stoned out of their minds that they were shambling slowly along, dragging their feet as they went. When Aria commented on it, Mike replied, “Must be the first National Junkie Convention.”

He stopped outside of a nondescript shop. It was across the street from another place, the real place that Mike wanted to go to, but he had to pick something up from this store first. Aria looked inside the store, at the shelves stripped bare and people fighting over the scraps that were left, and asked, “What is going on?”

“Good question,” Mike stepped out of the car and went into the store to talk to Adam. “Hey, what’s happening here?”

“Zombies, apparently,” Adam replied.

Mike snorted, but then said, “Your serious, aren’t you?”

“Well, that’s what the news seems to think. You want that package?”

“Uh, yeah. The money’s at the usual drop,” Mike said. Adam grunted and pushed a button under the counter. A large steel door hidden in the back opened with a click. Mike quickly went over to it and grabbed the duffel bag. It made slight clinking noises as he picked it up. He shouldered the door closed, nodded his thanks to Adam for acquiring the item, and went back to his car. He popped the trunk and placed the duffel inside before unzipping it to make sure all the parts were there. They were, so Mike pulled up the bottom of the trunk and placed the item and all of its accessories beneath it.

He stuck his head in the window to talk to Aria, “It’s zombies, apparently.” Her reaction was the same as his. “I just have to get a couple more things, then I’ll take you to your place.”

“Mind if I come?” Aria asked. “It feels kinda weird to be sitting alone in someone else’s car.”

“Sure, why not,” Mike answered. He snagged his leather greatcoat from the backseat, walked across the street, knocked on the door, and said, “Spumoni.” The door swung open as Aria arched an eyebrow at him. “This guy like’s his security,” Mike said to the unasked question. He saw the general chaos and said, “Not here too.” He shook his head as he walked over to Keith, who was with two women. One of them had probably just stopped talking, but as no one was talking right then, Mike said, “Keith, could I have my key, please?”

Mike rented a storage locker from Keith at a hefty price, but it was a good place to store things that might not be wholly legal to own. It only had a set of chest body armour, a souvenir that he had acquired from his SEAL days, a SIG Sauer P226 semi-automatic pistol with twenty clips (fifteen rounds per clip), a SIG Sauer P228 semi-automatic service pistol that he had taken with him from the service with another twenty clips (thirteen rounds per clip), and a large case that was securely fastened.

What does that say for you and I?

Now, three Gods wait on the windowsill
Where one God's blood was lately spilled
While black tongues lap at the spreading pool
And build the strength they need to rule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 10th, 2009, 12:57 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

((Wow that was long, but awesome. Welcome to the Resistance lol))

"Stella! You can drop out of warp anytime now" Ash gritted her teeth at Stella's high speed dash out of the small suburb where they lived. "Stella...we're safe. Slow down" she insisted, by grabbing Stella's hands that were gripped so tightly to the steering wheel her knuckles were white. Stella turned briefly to look at Ash, her eyes full of disbelief and horror. She opened her mouth to speak, but no sounds came out. "Stop the car Stella. It's okay." Ash felt the car come to slow halt and she was about to speak when Stella let out an ear shattering scream.

"Okay" Ash paused, putting a finger in both ears, "Was that really necessary?" she pulled out her finger and shook her head.

Stella sat with her hands still gripped onto the steering wheel. "I can't take this" she muttered, "This cannot be happening." she looked up at Ash and scowled, "This is all your fault" she prised one hand off the wheel and pointed at her cousin accusingly.

Ash stared back at her cousin, "What the hell? How is it MY fault? I was minding my own business playing Tekken. How exactly can I be responsible for the dead rising?"

Stella pursed her lips and growled. "I'll think of a reason."

Ash slumped in her seat and rolled her eyes at her, "if it wasn't for me you'd be one of them" then a light flashed behind her eyes. "That's it isn't it? You are really cut up about me being the one saving your skinny butt. It really bothers you that the black sheep and general loser of the family did something noble."

"Don't be so ridiculous Tina!" Stella fired back, not even looking at her cousin.

"Stop calling me Tina!" Ash roared back, "Seriously, it's a pain."

That made Stella turn round in her seat. "Well, like it or not Tina" she emphasised Ash's real name, "That IS you're name. Not something you label yourself because of some twisted obsession with a B movie actor"

"That's it!" Ash was now livid, "You've went too far this time Stella, just leave Bruce Campbell out of this" she slumped even further in the passenger seat and pouted childishly.

The pair sat in an uneasy silence, neither willing to talk to the other. To apologise for there rudeness. Stella looked out the car window casually and into the wing mirror and her eyes widened. "Um....Ash" she said almost apologetically, "We should totally like...go" she gulped.

Ash looked out her side's wing mirror and shot straight up and saw approximately 15 of them slowly heading there way. "Why are we still here Stella?" she asked rhetorically "Get us the hell out of here. Now!"

Stella keyed the ignition and the car stalled. She swore at it and tried again. Still nothing. "Come ON!" she yelled and started thumping at the dashboard in frustration. "Start you useless piece of..." before she finished off her sentence the engine sparked into life. "Thank you God" she looked upwards and they headed off in search of somewhere safe to get supplies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2009, 7:44 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

[I am waiting for Precious, but that is great The Doctor, and, Raiv, I never answered your question (as I just saw). I haven't fully decided what type of movies she does, but I would picture her as kinda like a mixture of action, drama, comedy, and romance, not really kid movies, though.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2009, 7:52 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

(( Aah, cool I was just trying to figure out if Ash would know her and be a fan.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2009, 10:09 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

(Is she? :))

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2009, 11:41 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(okay, I joined this rp and I swear I'm gonna post. Is it too late for me to catch up with everyone?)

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2009, 11:46 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

(Not at all.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2009, 1:05 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

smeagollum wrote:
(Is she? :))

(( I think she will be...should be good for some lolz))

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2009, 2:07 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

[Yay! I am excited now. :)]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next