Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: this planet's ours to defend~
PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 4:37 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

The year is 2137. War has been raging all over the Earth for three years without even the slightest pause. The people of Earth joined together to fight at first, but as powerful as they had become, their enemies were much more advanced, and they overpowered most within the first year. They say they want peace, that they want Earth to be the flagstone of their Empire. The most prosperous planet in their control, and if they can’t… well, they won’t take no for an answer. If they can’t have the Earth while it lives, and there are those who will die to stop that happening, they’ll have it in death. A frozen planet. An almighty crown to show off the power that they truly hold. But they can’t do that yet. Five years is the minimum. No one knows why, but it resonates throughout every myth, legend and fairytale of the last century. Five years. And it’s true. For three years the battle has been raging. For two they have all but conquered the planet, and yet the resistance fights on. They know that even though thevy own the majority of the Earth, they need it all for their plan to work. They can’t have any problems. Anyone who will not do what they are told. But they can never seem to destroy them. They can never get to them all. But that doesn’t stop them trying. They are few now. Those who were once many, have lost so many battles. Either brutal, physical fights where the bloodshed is horrendous, and always more on the side of the resistance, or a battle of the wills. Where those who were once loyal to the cause, turned and joined the Empire and the rest of the Earth who surrendered far too easily.

At the start of it all, *the Empire rained fire from the heavens and levelled cities in days. Only capital cities, mind - London, New York, Tokyo, Melbourne, you name it. Any city that had acted as the centre for a country had been destroyed entirely, a circle of patchy earth where buildings and roads and people used to be. Upon this ground the Empire built their fortresses, one for every country of the world, and stationed thousands there to keep order - their version of ‘peace’. Some resisted, fought until the day they died or were dragged, screaming, from their homes and their children to be made an example of in the street. The Empire had hidden no intentions from the people of Earth: they wanted this place, and they would have it, whether it be dead or alive. Preferably alive, but it didn't matter. Either way, they'd have the crown jewel of their celestial crusade. So few stood between them and complete domination... but that was the point. They couldn't progress with their take over until all bowed down in reverence and service of their great Empire and whoever led them: they would accept nothing less than complete authority and complete obedience. Of course, they'd show little if any mercy to those than opposed them, but they refused to proceed with whatever their horrific plan was until they had seized hold of every personality the world had to offer. Occupying the planet simply wasn't enough.

The deadline for their victory seemed to be approaching far too fast. Already three out of five years had passed, and quickly too; years full of pain, bloodshed, suffering and hiding. Infiltrators stalked members of the Empire like shadows in the night, all but invisible to human eyes. Surviving scientists, doctors and engineers work towards better, more powerful technologies by backwards engineering all they could scavenge to create effective weapons technologies that work with limited power supplies, but the Empire's resources constantly outdid them. Children of the Warriors are trained in combat from an early age, are hardened against battle and violence and heartache; they're taught to reflect upon the past and plan for the future...

The Empire might hold the planet, but the Warriors held their heads high.*

And they are still fighting. They have two years left. They know the Empire is sick of their constant resistance, so why have they not frozen the Earth already? Created their crown? Because they can’t. It’s the one thing that they seem to have to stick to. The one rule they can’t get past. Two years left. The battles are getting more and more frequent. The bloodshed of the last few months has been greater than ever. Now the hopes of the Earth remain in the hands of a select few. Those who were trained for the moment they have found themselves in, and those who weren’t, but found the strength within to help.
Those who were trained… are little. Most have been destroyed. They were the first priority. But not all of them. Some remain. Some fight. Some believe.
The Warriors of Cara. They fight in his name.
Those who have surrendered and have grown accustomed to life under the dictatorship of the Empire find those fighting foolish. So some do not keep fighting. Why fight for those who do not want you to? Who do not appreciate what it is you’re doing for them? Why risk your life, for those who do not care?

Because you have to. Don’t you? I believe so. But what is it you believe? Will you stand and fight? Try to defeat them? At least attempt to destroy the Empire of Salneek?
What side would you choose? I believe there isn’t even a choice. Survival or death. It’s obvious what you have to do. Isn’t it?

* to * was written by the awesome Darkheart. [thank you again for letting me steal it ;)

Info/Rules:
The general gist of this RP is that there are two sides to pick from. The Warriors, or The Empire. The Empire want to rule the Earth in whatever way possible, and they have. Almost. The Warriors are stopping them from declaring Earth as their own, because in their mind, any group, no matter how small their numbers are, who don’t follow the rules that they set, show everyone else - the people of the planet, and those from other planets - that they are not in control, and that is unacceptable to them. They want to destroy, or convert, the Warriors as soon as possible, but if not, when the two years are up, they’ll freeze the Earth and everyone on it. This is the story of the Warriors and the Empire. The people behind it all, and why they are fighting. Who will win, I have no idea. Maybe the Warriors will somehow rise up and destroy the Empire. Maybe the Empire will kill or convert them all and rule over their many planets with Earth as their magnificent base. I have no plan, I just wanted to put this up, see if anyone would join and if so, where it would end up going.

The starting point for the Warriors is that what’s left of them are meeting to discuss what to do next by a forest on the outskirts of a newly completely conquered city. There are still, albeit only a few, other places that the Empire hasn’t taken, but almost all of the biggest towns and cities are now destroyed or controlled by them. It fell a few weeks ago, and because of this, the security is much more relaxed. It’s not set up fully yet. The Empire is in celebratory rather than defensive mode, and so it’s much easier to get in and out of.
The head people in the Empire are meeting to celebrate the fall of the city, and also discuss the pestilence problem that is the Warriors. I have two characters in the Warriors, and one in the Empire. He is their leader and will be known as Mr. S. No bio for him… because… well, that’s a plot that could unfold if this takes off and a bio would ruin it :P He’s going to be about, but right now, he’ll be speaking through his mouthpiece - The Vampire [as nicknamed by the Warriors for his appearance - tall and thin - enhanced senses - normal for his race - ability to seem to appear out of nowhere, and the fact that he was first revealed to them because they had garlic, and it made him sneeze - allergies :innocent:] - who is basically just a minion :teehee:

Those things called rules. Also, notes :)
Post length ~ I don’t mind short posts. If your posts can be long every time, awesome. If not, for whatever reason, then still post. I’d rather it keeps going with short posts, than ends after a couple of long ones. That being said, one line posts is taking it a bit far. I understand it now and then, in fact when I first starting RPing, all that we did was one line posts at first, some of mine couldn’t even be called lines they were that short, but that’s not the point. I don’t know what my point is but anyways. Actually, I think my point is; quality, not quantity, though both is also good.
Do whatever you want! ~ Well, within reason ;) My point with this is; I have no set plan. I want this to go wherever it wants to. So if you want to do something, go ahead. Use common sense of course, if it’s something that changes everything, a little notice/warning would be nice. :teehee: Plotting is good, but so are out of the blue plotlines. It can be very interesting when you have no idea what’s going to happen, and you have to react to something rather than plan ahead.
Plotting is good ~ No, this doesn’t contradict the above. I like plotting. That can be very interesting too. Plotting something out and then getting to it and seeing how it goes. A bit of this and the above are perfect together.
Jump in whenever ~ If this gets going [I’m being optimistic here xD] and either you start and fall behind, or want to join after it’s started, jump right in. Obviously maybe ask what’s going on, or depending on how much there is, read what’s happened/is happening, but yeah. Late starts or re-starts are also good.

Warriors:
They’re gathering because they’ve received word an outpost of theirs is being attacked. It’s the closest one to the newly fallen city, so the Empire want to destroy it. They need to decide what they’re going to do.
All human. But, they can be from any point in the past. Cara created, with help, a time travelling system, that he used to recruit gifted people to join the Warriors, and get his Warriors to the point where they were needed most. Only a few people now know how to access the system, but they can’t seem to go forward.
That being said, if they’re from the past, they will have spent at least a year in the modern world training [1990-2011] and three in the current world [2134-2137].
Warriors can be magically gifted, Cleo for example learns about the past/present/future/people by touching things with her bare hands. It’s not perfect, she had gotten control over it a little so she could influence what she wanted to find out, but that faded when she stopped letting herself learn anything.
Warriors don’t have to be magically gifted. Their speciality can be in physical strength, science etc, or they can even just be normal people who chose the Warriors when the Empire attacked.

Empire:
They’re very superior technologically, and there’s a lot more of them compared to the humans.
Their leader - Mr. S - is a human, and knew a vast amount about the Warriors when he took over.
They have a science division, an engineering division, assassins, spies, weapons experts, even stuff like communications, command centre, caterers, people who make tea ;) , transportation etc etc.
The heads of the main divisions, and the best in their field, make up Mr. S’s inner circle.
The original Empire, are a species of humanoid aliens who’ve naturally evolved to have enhanced senses. Enhanced senses are quite common, but occasionally something bigger comes along. Extra senses etc.
Over time, before reaching the Earth, they’ve invaded and conquered other planets, and so some of their inhabitants have joined up, meaning that you have quite a big bit of leeway for Empire characters in terms of appearances/abilities. Nothing too over the top though please. No fun having an indestructible perfect character :P
The Warriors nickname them as they don’t tend to stop and give their name. So you can either give them a nickname and say the Warriors have given them it, or just give them a normal name and let the nickname come through interaction with the Warriors.

A quick note on the Warriors; seeing as they’re being basically hunted, the plan is for them to have codenames. If you create a Warrior, and don’t want to give them a codename, then that’s fine but a) codenames are awesome things & 2) it makes sense for them to hide their past identity. In the words of Darkheart again; “if these guys are something in the vein of military-trained superdudes, then having an identity could be a liability.” So yeah, make them as clever as you like, a hidden reference to some aspect of their personality, a famous figure they’re like, something that matches their physical appearance, make it their middle name or the like, a favourite word, anything. Up to you :)

I think that’s about it. Any questions, just ask. If you’re going to join put what side, if any, you’re going to be on, and a bio pretty please. It doesn’t have to be long, although I love reading those, whatever you want. If you have a long one, but want to keep some things to yourself for whatever reason [I already am :D] a name/age/short history is fine. To be honest, all I really need is a name and a side, but bios are always interesting things :)

Here are my characters. Their bios are very basic, just a bit more than I’ve said above, but if you want to see them in full, go right here.

Cleo
Codename: Cleo
Picture(s):
Cleo 1
Cleo 2

Other Notes~
She needs to use her bare hands to discover anything, hence why she wears gloves. She doesn’t want to learn anymore. She can still see what people are like, but that’s more perception and practice than anything else.

Julius
Codename: Julius
Picture(s):
Julius 1
Julius 2

Quick note; In general, my characters tend to stray quite a lot from their bios... these shouldn’t, because I’ve been writing about them for a while, but considering basically all of my RP charries when compared to their original bios are completely alien, I’m not counting on these two not changing.

I think I’ve gone on for a bit more than I meant to, so I shall stop about here and wait. :P
~Enno.

Characters~
Warriors~
Cleo ~ Ennostiel
Julius ~ Ennostiel
Johanna ~ Darkheart
Leon ~ Darkheart
Patch ~ Nienna
Gev ~ Nienna
Raven ~ Legolas
Strav ~ Anduril Vanlhach

Empire~
Mr. S ~ Ennostiel
Rhea ~ Darkheart

Last edited by *Ennostiel* on September 11th, 2011, 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: this planet's ours to defend~
PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 6:17 pm 
Elf
Elf

You already know I'm in. :P Bios for my three are here and I'll sort out my introductory post within the next day or so. :D

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2011, 5:50 pm 

Awesome idea you guys! :-D

It's not really my piece of cake, so I will not join, but as I'm encouraging all kinds of new activity in RPG-section, I'll just say: Go you! :wave:

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2011, 3:25 am 
Maia
Maia

Heya! Room for one more? I have a charrie idea but am unsure as to whether or not her gift is appropriate for the story.

Basic Information: (Note: very, VERY basic info, if approved, I will elaborate!)

Name: Runa Summers Mists
Aged: 18
Gift: Dream Walker (She specializes in Dream Walking, which means she can travel into other people's dreams and speak to them if she wished. However it only works if both she and the other person are asleep.)

Does that make sense? Say if it doesn't then I'll continue to try and clarify.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2011, 5:16 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

@darky - :teehee: really? I could never have guessed :P

@will - thank you :happy:

@nia - welcome! :D of course, and it does make sense :yes: I could already see it working, if she remembers it then it's possible she can get information from the Empire, and she could help Warriors (I'm assuming she'd be a Warrior?) with their dreams, infact she'd work really well with cleo :D

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 8th, 2011, 11:31 pm 
Maia
Maia

Thanks! I'm glad you like!!!

Full Name
Runa Summers Mists

Nicknames
Patch

Parents
unknown, decreased

Siblings
Gev, aged 15, mute
unknown sister (decreased)

Affiliation
Warriors

Date of Birth
6th of Jan.

Race
Human

Appearance
She is about 5 foot 10 inches, weighs approximately 110 lbs, has a heart shaped face and has a strong chin. Her hair color is originally jet black but she changed it to a red color with a purple streak in order to keep her from being recognized by the Empire.

Hair Colour
red with a purple streak

Eye Colour
hazel-green

Occupation
mechanic

Magical Ability
Dream Walker-She has the ability to travel into other people's dreams and speak to them if she wished. The only drawback is that they both must be asleep in order for her to travel properly, which leaves her body at risk at being kidnapped.

Weapons
none

Personality
She is very kind, though when provoked she will become violent. Since her family fell apart at the hands of the empire, she has been fairly quiet, but she is overall very polite and is also very determined to take down the people who tore her family apart.

History
Runa was born into a family of mechanics. She was trained not only in the trades but as a martial artist from a very young age. Her father worked as a mechanic for the Empire, a job that her family did not approve of. Her father would eventually strangle Runa's sister before committing suicide due to the pressure felt from having to choose between his loyalties to his family and the Empire. Runa was 14 and a half at the time. Her sister's death would push Runa into depression and silence, all emotions lost. Her family was then hunted down and brutally murdered for the supposed 'disappearance' of their best mechanic. Runa was 15 at the time. The only reason she survived was because she was at a family friend's place fixing their car. She returned to a home splattered with blood and with the words 'We will find you' on the window. This would leave her even more depressed, despite her relief that her younger sister did not live to see this. Runa then went into hiding, moving from place to place for about a year before finally setting in a seemingly abandoned mechanic shop. She would later find that it was being occupied by several other runaways including the then 12 year old Gev and the then 16 and a half year old Max. (Gev would, over the years, become her foster brother and Max, her best friend.)

Misc. Notes
Despite her tough nature, she is in fact emotionally unstable, any mention of her family or anything else that she is self conscious of (ie: weight) and she will begin to break.

Full Name
Unknown

Nicknames
Gev

Parents
unknown, decreased

Siblings
Runa Summers Mists, aged 18

Affiliation
Warriors

Date of Birth
9th of September

Race
Human

Appearance
Gev is about 5'8, has jet black hair and has a slim body type.

Hair Colour
Jet Black

Eye Colour
Grey

Occupation
Computer Mechanic

Magical Ability
None

Weapons
a small hand gun

Personality
As he is mute, his presence is not easily noticed by others, but he is very good with a computer. He is also as bold and kind as his older foster sister.

History / Background
Not much is known about Gev except for that he is good with computers. Even Max, who has known him longer than Runa has, does not know anything about him.

Miscellaneous Notes
Runa and Max mean the world to him, if either of them were kidnapped he would go after them alone as there are few others who can understand sign language and him better than they can. He can also hotwire a car better than both Max and Runa can.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2011, 9:05 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

@nia ~ I've added your characters to the first post :)

*pokes RP section* anyone else?

Thinking of getting this started fairly soon. My exams are over, so I just need to get everything put together and up :happy:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 18th, 2011, 12:49 am 
Maia
Maia

Thanks Enno!!! You're awesome!!

PostPosted: May 18th, 2011, 1:30 am 
Maia
Maia

I'm up for this. Character bio coming within the next few hours ( in school now so)

Would it be ok if my character was ex empire? He got in too deep and knew too much. Think Alice in Resident evil. Now he has turned against them and wants to bring them down.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2011, 4:04 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

@nia ~ I know I am ;) :teehee: aha, you're awesome for joining :happy:

@legolas ~ welcome! That's fine :yes: obviously the warriors will have a hard time trusting him but that'll be interesting. I'll wait for your bio before starting. :D

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 21st, 2011, 4:41 pm 
Maia
Maia

Using someone's template, hope thats cool.

Full Name
Unknown

Nicknames
Goes by the name of Raven

Parents
Deceased (killed by the empire)

Siblings
None

Affiliation
Warriors

Date of Birth
Unknown

Race
Human

Appearance
6'' 3 in height and quite slim yet with defined muscles. Has black spiky hair.

Hair Colour
Black
Eye Colour
Green

Occupation
Considers himself free lance now.

Abilities
Has years of experience in combat, arms, and stealth. Has enhanced hearing and seeing abilities.

Weapons
Two handguns as well as a knife that he keeps hidden. Is fully trained in Krav Maga.

Personality
Can be quite sarcastic, yet he is a man of his word. Is cruel to his enemies and can be different to his ''allies'' depending on how he perceives them.

History
His parents were killed by the empire for not complying with orders and their deaths were made to look like they were done by some anti empire groups. He was brought up in the empire believing them to be good. But as he grew he started doubting the credibility of the empire as he saw them slaughter innocent people. He undertook various missions and grew to be one of the most trusted assets, But assets are expendable. He knew his time there was lessening but he then found out that it had been the empire had been the killers of his parents. He just managed to escape the Empire but not before swearing an oath to take them down or die trying. He now spent his last few years eluding the empires spies and is now still trying to take them down.

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 7:30 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I've updated the character list and reorganised it into Warriors/Empire. Now a couple of points/questions;

@legolas ~ awesome :happy: I've put you down and I'm sure that's fine :P

@nia ~ Will Runa be going by Runa or Patch? I've switched her to Patch right now as I was changing things, but just let me know and I'll change it if need be :)

The Empire is looking a little lonely at the moment but I can throw in a couple of extras if I have to now and then. I'm fairly sure darky has exams either now or fairly soon, so I will get this started but we may have wait a little until she has more time. But here goes! Feel free to add more characters as we go, and if there's anyone lurking reading this, feel free to join in if you like the look of it as it goes on :teehee: Apologies for the double post that's about to come, but I want the start separate :P Also, there's no Empire start just now, because I need to get it sorted properly, but as it's only a problem for me and darky [though feel free to put up something for Rhea if you want and I'll work around it] I've just left it for now.

Last edited by *Ennostiel* on May 27th, 2011, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 7:31 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I’ve only been here for a week but I don’t like it. I came from a different time, a different world. Things were much simpler then. Easier, happier. This was all different. In the years that had past the planet had been carved up and sculpted into something ghastly and dark. It was half done I figured. In my time it was a block. Plain and simple. No hidden depths. Everything was laid out straight. Over time people had moulded it to their taste. Each day scraping a slight dust, each year chipping off a small chunk, every century a larger block to make the world their own.
But it’s only half done. There are secrets and lies and hidden depths. Nothing is simple or easy. Everyone and everything has a hidden agenda. In a few millennia it may be complete. A beautiful sculpture that I doubt anyone of this planet will live to see. It will be a trophy. The end of the Earth frozen in time at its finest hour before its downfall.

I suppose to an outsider it would look nice. Pretty. A sparkling diamond in the vastness of space. People will pass it by, unaware of the battles going on beneath the surface, the pain and suffering caused by the final moments before everyone is destroyed.
But I’m getting ahead of myself. This world is still in progress. I came back too soon. If you look close enough, you can see some of the beauty beginning to shine through, if only for a second until the darkness takes it again.
I shiver and stand, retracing my steps back to the small cottage at the start of the forest. I push the door open and walk in softly, careful to be quiet. I skip slowly up the stairs and hesitate before sitting on a rug spread out over my floor. I still wasn’t used to beds. I slept on the floor before when life was simple. But now everything has been improved. Apparently. I still think there are a lot of “improvements” the Earth could have done without. They’re blocking the simpleness, the chance of happiness. Material possessions mean so much these days. It will be their downfall.
I shake my head to clear those thoughts away. I didn’t like knowing too much. The more I touched this Earth, the more I learned and it scared me. I knew that if I couldn’t stop what I was meant to, I couldn’t go back. I’d have to stand and watch while the world crumbles. I would be forever frozen with the others, standing sadly unless I managed to do the seemingly impossible. I didn’t want to be part of a model, a trophy. I didn’t want to be a glitter in a jewel that makes up the Earth. The crown of the future Empire. I despised that the more I looked about, the more it seemed to be inevitable. I would be frozen in place with everyone else. Everything else in this world and I would shine. Glittering with the others of this village the make up one of the many small green jewels in the crown that would be Earth. Or rather, the Earth that will be a crown.

I sigh. This isn’t right. I don’t want to stay here. I want to go back to my simple life, or ahead to when things would be simple again. But I can’t. I was sent to this moment in time for a reason. A reason I couldn’t yet fathom, but would soon enough. My mentor was coming back. He left exactly when I arrived - a glitch in the travelling system. But he would be back tomorrow and then it would make sense. I hoped. I knew a fight was coming, the start of many but that was a problem for tomorrow. Not today.
I lay down on my rug and closed my eyes tightly, blocking my mind and falling to sleep within seconds.
Dreams come in streaks. Unable to make sense of any of them. They’re a mix of memories, fantasy, and events that have yet to come to pass. They connect somehow but I can’t work it out. So I watch as they drift by, slowing to a blackness after an hour or so as I sleep.

Cleo jerked up and gulped at the fresh air. Those last moments of peace - if it could be called that - had been haunting her for the last week and she hated it. Part of her knew that it was happening for a reason, but another part didn’t want to relive those days. So far it had stopped before he and Julius had arrived, but she knew that was down to her. She was pushing it back, but she couldn’t keep it up much longer. She knew Julius had noticed, but he was yet to question her. She knew he knew if it was something important she would say. Maybe it was important, maybe it wasn’t, but either way she didn’t like talking about his brother, and that was where the dream was leading her. She knew.
“Cleo.” Julius spoke softly and Cleo jumped. She turned to find him lying and watching her. His eyes were half closed, tired from the battles of the day that had past, but there was concern in the half she could see.
“Julius.” Cleo turned away from him, not liking the fact that he surprised her. She knew it was her own fault. She had shunned her gift in the most recent weeks more than ever, and so her usual lack of surprise had slipped further than she would have liked. She didn’t want to know everything, but at the same time, she had gotten used to it, and the things that went hand in hand with knowing so much.
“Cleo.” Julius’ voice was stern and she unwillingly turned back to him, feeling tears in her eyes but not knowing why. “The same dream?”
Cleo nodded and rubbed at her eyes, trying to hide the tears from Julius. “It’s okay. It’s just… echoes.”
“Echoes?” Julius sat up and moved closer to her, watching her face carefully.
“Of former battles.” The lie tasted sour on her tongue - she never usually had to, or allowed herself to lie - and her forehead creased as if the taste was real. Julius raised his eyebrows, half amused, half confused.
“Do not lie to me Cleo. It doesn’t suit you.”
A scowl took over for a second before Cleo managed to smooth her face and look Julius in the eye. “Just echoes. Further than battles, but echoes all the same.”
Julius sighed, annoyed that she wouldn’t tell him, but too tired to fight it. “Okay. I’ll leave it for now, but Cleo, stop fighting it. Stop fighting me. I can help.” He lay back down and closed his eyes. Cleo sighed and moved her gloved hand up to the pendant around her neck. She twisted the moon in her fingers slowly, getting a small comfort from the familiarity and then lay back down, watching the sky. They had made camp on the edge of the forest - they were meant to meet a group there tomorrow - and Cleo had a clear view of the sky. She breathed deeply before gulping and closing her eyes, resigned to the fact that the nightmares where there to stay. They shouldn’t have been nightmares, and yet they were. She heard Julius’ breathing get slower as he fell asleep and she cleared her mind as much as she could before joining him.

Cleo woke up and smiled slightly. She had managed to get a peaceful nights sleep after waking up in the middle of it from nightmares, and she felt much better for it.
She glanced to her left to find Julius sleeping, a frown on his face. She wanted to wake him, to let the daylight wash away whatever was bothering him in his dreams but she didn’t. Despite wanting more than anything to push her own dreams away, she knew they were needed – they helped people to process information that they didn’t think about consciously.
“Brother…” Julius muttered and his frown deepened. Cleo went cold and stood up; walking away from him so she couldn’t hear anymore. She couldn’t think about that.
When she was as far away as she could be without going out of sight, she hesitantly sat down and tugged uneasily at her elbow length gloves. She didn’t like being unsure, but at the same time, she didn’t like knowing too much. If Cara had been about, he would have scolded her for shunning her gift as he called it. Part of it was natural ability, something supernatural that couldn’t be explained, but it still needed training. She knew because she had put it off for so long, when she eventually gave in, the rush of information would be hard to bear, but that wasn’t her only talent. She was a skilled fighter though she didn’t like it. Her technical knowledge was fairly limited, but there were others for that. Her ability to fight, and the knowledge she held made her valuable, but the hand to hand combat had become less frequent, and the information she knew was almost old news. There were still bits and pieces, and she knew more about the Empire than most, but she knew she’d have to give in sooner than she would have liked.

Cleo sighed and stood up, heading back to the spot where Julius lay. The sun was rising fast – they had to get going.
“F-” She started to say when she reached him, and then stopped herself, clearing her throat. “Julius. The sun is up. We better get going.”
Julius sat up slowly, his eyes still closed. He rubbed at them and then stood up, opening them at the same time. “Good morning. It’s a nice day. You’ll be too hot in those gloves Cleo.” He spoke innocently and Cleo froze and gulped as he yawned.
“I am sure I will be fine Julius.” She whispered before picking up her bag and walking away from him. He picked up his own bag and caught up with her, chuckling.
“You know it’s easier if you can tell who’s really our ally.”
“Questions can do that.”
“Not as well Rose.”
“Do not use that name!” Cleo snapped with a venom most unlike her. Julius stepped back in surprise and Cleo frowned at herself before sighing. “I am sorry. You cannot slip up again. You almost got yourself killed, and me taken last time.”
“It’s okay, but that’s not what angered you Cleo.” Julius continued walking and Cleo followed. “What have you really been dreaming about?”
“Echoes… just… memories… nothing important.”
“Take to me.”
“No. I can… I always see… I…” She gulped and shook her head. “We’re almost there. Please. Just leave it be.”
“The gloves will have to come off eventually Cleo.”
“I know. But not now. Not when… just wait… just be patient with me.”
“I’m trying.” Julius sighed and they drew to a halt beside a tree marked with a ‘W’.

Cleo looked around edgily before backing against the tree and sliding down to sit on the grass. She glanced up at Julius, and saw that he was looking around, making sure he stayed alert. She knew he was right. The gloves did have to come off.
She glanced at her right hand before shakily removing the glove that covered it. Once it was removed, she waved her fingers slowly before delicately placing them on the cool, wet grass. A small smile came to her lips – she’d forgotten what grass felt like – and she closed her eyes for a split second before opening them wide and gasping. She jerked her hand up and Julius turned in alarm. He froze when he noticed her ungloved hand, hovering in the air, and knelt down beside her.
“Ro-” He started softly.
“Don’t.” She whispered and turned her gaze to his. “I am… okay… I just… forgot.”
“Cleo. What did you see?”
“Flashes.” She shrugged. “Past, not present or future. Just… flashes.” She moved her hand to his and squeezed it gently, frowning slightly.
He smiled. “I’m still real. I’m still here.”
“Good.” She murmured. “I’ve never been able to get anything from you.”
“Not true.” He argued, still smiling. “Once.”
“Just once. I do not know why that is.”
“Neither do I.” He picked her glove up and handed it to her. She removed her hand from his and smiled thankfully.
“I will get there. Sooner rather than later I think.”
“I’m glad.” Julius whispered and stood back up, turning to face the city on the horizon. The majority of the view was clouded by thick smoke and he turned quickly back to Cleo as he heard her stand up.
“It’s horrific.” She sighed.
“Indeed.” He agreed and they both watched, waiting for the others.

- - -

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 7th, 2011, 3:33 am 
Maia
Maia

(Patch is fine thanks. :D)

"Prue..fetch me my tool box please?"

Runa 'Patch' Summers Mists smiled warmly at the young girl as she signed the words from her position underneath the car.

"It should be with Max, he had to borrow it for something."

The young deaf girl grinned and nodded enthusiastically before scampering off to find Max, the head of this little band of Rebels and Runa's oldest friend.

With a sigh, Runa slid back into her uncomfortable position, only to stare up at the underside of the car she had been working on for the past hour, it's complicated patterns lulling her to sleep.

"Patch."

"Patch."

"PATCH!"

With a frown, Runa shot upwards, only to shoot upwards, crashing with the bottom of of the car.

"Ouch..."

She swore she could hear them laughing.

"P-AAtch."

More laughter as the young woman slid out from underneath the car, rubbing her forehead.

She grinned up at Max who raised an eyebrow at her.

Silence.

She sighed at him.

"The dream again?"

Runa looked up at Max curiously, her work temporarily forgotten. "Hm?"

"The Dream."

She looked away.

"Don't lie to me Runa. Who is she?"

"No Clue." Her voice cracked as she turned to look at him again, "I doubt she even knows I'm there. If she does, then she never responds to me." His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Didn't you swear she answered once?"

Runa could only nod, "It shocked me so much I woke up. Couldn't get anything else after that."

"When are you leaving?"

"What?"

Runa tilted her head backwards, out at Max, who whose attempt at looking her in the eye was reduced to simply sitting with his feet under the car.

"When are you leaving?"

"Leaving?" She shifted in an attempt to not only see him better, but to get more comfortable.

"To find this girl of yours."

"She's not mine."

"Ouch. But you are intending on leaving aren't you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Don't EXCUSE me. You're leaving."

Runa sighed, muttering an "Ouch" as she proceeded to hit her head again in her feeble attempt to get to her feet.

"Don't tell Gev will ya?"

Max merely scoffed at her, "Don't tell Gev, ALWAYS, it's don't tell Gev. If you're going to leave, Gev is going with you."

She looked up at him, shocked as her head appeared in the vicinity of safe.

'What?!"

Max merely raised an eyebrow at her, "You heard me. Gev will go."

'Something wrong?'

Runa gave Gev a smile before signing back to him. 'No...everything's fine Gev. Just...thinking.'

She saw him grin out of the corner of her eye, 'About Max are you?'

The dreamer laughed before signing back to him, 'No...well yes....'

'What IS wrong then?'

Runa's smile faltered briefly, 'Nothing...just the dreams again.'

Gev sighed as he leaned back into the seat of the car, 'Again?''

Runa could give him a soft smile, 'Yeah...again...and still no answer...'

PostPosted: June 10th, 2011, 6:35 pm 
Elf
Elf

(Hey. . .I was wondering if I could jump in. I could be an alien who crash-landed on Earth, unaware of the danger here. Would that be alright??)

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 10th, 2011, 7:58 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

[Go right ahead! :happy: Depending on what you're planning for your character's history, you could have it so they know a bit about the Empire, they could have visited their planet on their way to Earth or the like. Perfectly fine to have them unaware of the battles going on, but the Empire's been about for a while, so you could play about with that if you want. Welcome :D]

Profile       WWW