Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2010, 6:53 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Absolutely epic post, Will! :-D It's just brilliant <3 Eeeee, this is so exciting!

I wrote Eve's section the other day, so that's why my post is up so quickly :lol: )

Eve stood back as Robyn went down the corridor, and heard the soft click of her cabin door closing behind her. Eve hovered in the empty corridor, her friend’s words still fresh inside her mind. She knew that the best thing for now would probably be to try and get some sleep, and think over everything in the morning. But somehow, this new idea had taken a hold of her. And Robyn had said she would encourage it.

Eve made her way down the corridor towards her own cabin, glancing at Edward’s closed door as she went. She shut the door behind her and leant against it, tipping her head back and closing her eyes tightly. Only a few minutes ago, she had been determined to keep her feelings a secret forever. But perhaps… perhaps if she didn’t have to confront Ed directly then such a revelation would lose a little of it’s danger.

Or maybe he would read it, and laugh. Maybe he would show it to Vari. Eve clenched her fists, trying to sweep these thoughts out of her mind. She felt completely torn in two about this. On the one hand, she could put her feelings out in the open, and then who knew what would happen? But on the other hand lay a far more dreadful prospect, Edward marrying Vari; the very thought of it was like a knife being twisted in Eve’s heart.

Slowly, she opened her eyes and looked around her small cabin room. She walked over to her tiny desk and sat down; she found a sheet of paper and a quill, which she dipped in a bottle of ink. For a moment she hesitated, before she resolutely set pen to paper, defying herself. Once she had started writing she found that she could not prevent her innermost emotions flowing onto the page.

Dear Edward,

Please forgive me if you were confused about why Robyn and I intruded on you a few moments ago; I am certain you are probably quite at a loss to comprehend why we came to see you, without explaining why.
I must also ask you to forgive me for what I must now reveal. But I have concealed the truth for too long now. Robyn wished for me to tell you something, something that I have kept secret from you; but I could not do so. I could not tell you face to face.
And so I send you this note instead. Edward, I must tell you this, or I swear I will go mad. Although I cannot be frank about matters speaking out loud, I must do so in letter form. The truth is this: I love you.
You have bewitched my heart, entirely; it is yours and none other’s. I know that it is most likely an unwanted gift, since you love Varianna, and believe me, I do not wish to cause trouble for you. I have wanted to hide this from you, but I find I cannot do so anymore.
I am beginning to find the great pain my regard for you gives me unbearable. It keeps me awake at night, and causes me to avoid you during the day. Since the first moment I saw you I knew that I loved you, and always would. I have no doubt that I will until the day I die.
I seek nothing from you, and ask nothing. Also know that I do not blame you, if anything, I blame myself.

I hope that I have expressed myself clearly enough; I will slide this letter under your door, and hope that it is not too ill received. I am sorry.

Eve

Eve set down her quill and waited for the ink to dry, before folding the paper up tightly, and rising up from her chair, taking a deep breath. Her footsteps were heavy as she exited her room and set off down the corridor once more. She could scarcely believe what she was about to do; she had no idea what would happen once Ed read the letter. In a week’s time he was due to marry. But Eve could not help but think that he would marry Vari anyway, and that her letter would make no difference.

She found herself outside Ed’s room again. Trying to steady her nerves, she took another deep inward breath, and knelt down. Not allowing herself to delay any further, she slid the folded paper underneath the door, and straightened up again. She rested her head against the wooden paneling of the corridor, and gently knocked on the door to alert Edward to the note.

She would wait here, until he left his room. Then she would know his reaction. Her heart was thudding faster than she’d ever known it to before; she was alarmed by her own daring. She rarely acted so decisively. Eve willed herself to go back to her own room, but she could not. She needed to know, once and for all, what would happen once Edward knew the truth.

~~~

"Well, you must have lots to discuss. I won't disturb you any longer."

Guin lifted her head as Liam’s voice interrupted the silence; she noted the way he forced a smile onto his features as he spoke. Guin was about to reply to him, to contradict him, when he turned and walked away from the scene. Flustered, Guin realised that her heart was thudding harder than she’d ever known it to. Not even the nearby cry of “man overboard” alerted her to move; she felt rooted to the spot, in shock, her cheeks still stained with tears.

How could he simply walk away like that? Guin yearned to run after him, but she was still clutched by distress and alarm; not to mention the tears that stung in her eyes. She had been able to tell, by the tone in Liam’s voice, that he was not happy with the situation. Did he think that Guin reciprocated Cairbre’s love for her? Her hand clasped over her mouth, still staring at the spot where Liam had stood, Guin muffled a sob.

Cairbre stepped forward towards her. “Guin,” he said, quietly. Guin, as if surprised, instinctively stepped back. She shook her head slowly, her hands dropping to her sides. There was pain in Cairbre’s eyes, she could see. “Guin, please talk to me.” His words were soft, low-pitched.

“How can I?” Guin blurted out suddenly, her voice faltering. “What on earth do you expect me to say, Cairbre? After ten years, ten long years, you tell me you love me? After all this time? I can’t take it in! I just can’t. You’re one of my dearest friends, and I can’t make sense of any of this… none of it…” she had broken into sobs again, and tears trickled from her eyes. She clutched herself round her shoulders, as if to try and keep the sobs in, but she could not.

Cairbre stepped closer and took both of her hands. She kept on crying, and he held onto her hands until she eventually calmed down a little, blinking hard to try and stem the flow of the seemingly endless tears. She looked down at Cairbre’s hands gently holding hers; slowly, she raised her head, meeting his eyes. The moment stretched on; Guin felt seized by confusion as she met the kindness, the love in her friend’s gaze.

“I love you,” he said, simply. “That’s all there is. Nothing to be afraid of, nothing to run from.”

“It’s not as easy as that,” Guin whispered. She slipped her hands from Cairbre’s hold, and walked a little way away. She took a few deep breaths, trying to calm herself. When she looked over her shoulder, he was looking at her, his expression gentle.

“What could be more easy than this?” he murmured, walking up very slowly behind her. She turned around. “You and me, we’ve known each other so long; we’ve been through so much. There’s trust there, there’s friendship, loyalty. You know I would never hurt you. I can’t just stop being in love with you, Guin. I can’t.” He paused. “All I ask is that you ask yourself… if you could ever love me too.”

He reached out to gently take her hand again, but before his skin could touch hers she flinched away as if he had scalded her. Her breathing was rapid, and she began to back away. “I need to see Liam,” she stated. “I need to talk to him.”

And with that, she turned on her heel and started running in the direction in which Liam had gone. Cairbre called after her. “Guin! Guinevere!” But she did not respond. Her footsteps were swift, carrying her across the deck with almost lightning speed.

She found Liam leaning over the rail of the ship, staring up at the sky. “Liam!” her voice came out more loudly than she’d meant it to, but she was desperate to talk to him, to be near him again. She went to his side, and reached out to touch his cheekbone and turn his face towards her so that he might look at her. “Oh Liam, why did you go?” she asked him miserably. “You couldn’t have thought that… that I…” she broke off, searching for the words.

Liam meant more to her than she could express, and she regretted that inability to be eloquent about her feelings. She did not break her gaze from his, holding it steadily. Moving closer to him, she leaned her forehead against his. “You must know how I feel about you,” she said. “You must… know. Please, don’t doubt me.”

Her heart was still thudding. She had not yet recovered from the shock of Cairbre’s revelation. His question still echoed in her mind: could she ever love him too? That was too much to take into consideration, to ask of her. What she now recognised as her worst fear was a living situation; her friendship with Cairbre and her feelings for Liam were getting in the way of one another. Cairbre was, as she had said, one of her dearest friends; she could not so easily break that connection with him. And yet Liam was part of her life too; he was of more importance to her than she had ever allowed herself to consider.

“It can’t have been easy for you to just stand and listen,” she continued, her voice hushed and broken. “I know. I just don’t know what to make of any of this. I feel… like this is all a dream, and I haven’t woken up.” She stepped back in case Liam should think she was crowding him, but she took a hold of his hand, willing him to reply to her. “Certainly in my waking hours I would never weep… I’ve always disliked weeping… but…” she gestured to her tearstained face, “…look. Tears.” Her small attempt at a joke only succeeded in increasing her misery. She observed Liam, waiting for him to speak.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2010, 3:58 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Okay, warning to be safe because Bartleby gets a little nasty. Other than that, I think this - alarmingly long post - gets the boys a ship and the ball rolling as far as the Tortuga crew. It was fun to write though, I especially enjoyed Christine getting a bit of gumption)

Bartleby chortled at the man's talk. He took it as playful banter not serious commentary on his character, which would prove better for Kaj. The man was always so serious that Bartleby couldn't often distinguish his sarcasm from his calm and collected insults. Christine however, hoped that the man was truly on her side, well maybe not side but she hoped that it would make him less inclined to blow her brains out when she pulled a pistol on his captain.

As these thoughts ran through her mind her hand was taken by a decisively less than iron like grip on her hand. Her blue eyes widened and her cheeks reddened as the man bowed over it to kiss it. It was a very strange occurrence for her to be greeted in such a way and if ever she was it was sarcastic. Her gaze met his and set her own eyes and she smiled falsely and turned her head to playfully tease Bartleby – or to provoke him which she would have to do anyway to carry out her plans.

“Your friend is quite the charmer, Bartleby,” she commented while wrapping an arm around Kaj and scooting closer to him so that their fronts were almost touching. “Perhaps you and I can have a bit of fun, eh?” She said with an ingratiating grin and she lifted her hand to brush his cheek. Behind her Bartleby seethed, he hated that the girl’s worries were so easily changed. She should be more worried, Kaj would hardly betray him to have a romp with a pretty face. He feigned a jolly air and grabbed her arm in his vice like grip once more.

“Come now Chrissy,” he said with an outwardly bright manner. His face neared her ear and his hissed so that Kaj wouldn’t hear though the man could guess the nature of the words by the paling of her face.

Christine walked in front of him – her shoulders slumped a bit in resignation. She didn’t bother turning around to climb down the ladder into the cabin properly, Bartleby did however which allowed him the luxury of delivering a forceful kick to the back of her head without being noticed by Kaj if he were watching.

Christine felt the kick and her eyesight went black for a moment while her body was sent flying onto the hard surface of the cabin floor. When the world became clear again she attempted to scramble away from the man and received a kick in her ribs for the trouble. Any hope she had for yelling out for help was dashed when she felt a hand bind her mouth. The woman knew it was coming but a muffled scream attempted to escape anyway. The man dragged her up to a standing position by her waist his hand still clamped onto her mouth, her forced her forward to the captain’s cabin where she was unceremoniously tossed to the bed. The red-head scrambled to a sitting position when she heard the distinct placement of an object on the table. She wanted to grin as she managed to catch a glimpse of Bartleby placing his brace of pistols on a shelf nearby.

Her view was blocked as the man shoved her backwards. She was seeing stars again when her head connected violently with the headboard. It was when she started to make a move to squirm from his grasp that she felt a sharp, cold instrument at her throat. She felt her blood run cold when she realized that she hadn’t even counted for Bartleby’s use of a knife which was rather stupid of her.

“You be quiet or you’ll have a nick in your neck that you’ll have trouble dealing with yeah?” He warned. Christine nodded as much as she could without accidently cutting herself. Bartleby grinned and his knife flashed and she felt the bottom of her dress being torn. She also felt the knife drag along her thigh and she knew it was hardly an accident on Bartleby’s part and she let out a real scream as she felt the blade rend through the pale flesh of her leg.

The man snarled and his fist clenched before he struck her across the face. She stilled as much as she could though her body shook involuntarily, she waited until the man had slit both side of the large skirts of her dress. She screamed again as the knife once again uncaringly cut her other leg. Her mind logically reasoned that they were only flesh wounds, but it still hurt and for a moment her mind was muddle and she almost forgot why she had come until the clear thump of a knife into the head board followed by the deep laughed which caused her own body to shake.

“Thought you liked being roughed up? Changed your mind so soon?” He sneered as he loomed over her. Christine barely managed her own smile as she brought her knee up swiftly to connect with the man’s groin. He groaned and she forced him off her enough so that she could get off the bed. Her steps faltered as the man saw she made for his pistols. Another crash and the woman had been sent to the floor while Bartleby held tight to one of her ankles. She lashed out and managed to send him back once more with a kick to his nose.

She cried out in a mix of joy and pain as she stood and felt the comforting wooden handled pistols. She yanked them from their holsters and pointed them both towards Bartleby while placing herself by the door.

“I am taking this ship, Bartleby Jones and you will give it up or suffer,” she said her eyes going cold once more – the same sort of resolve they had shown at the dock.

The man’s nose bled as he brandished his small knife. He looked shocked at the red head with the pistols drawn and pointed resolutely at his face. He could see both her legs from her wide stance, blood dripping down each, there was more blue and black on her face than her natural cream and her lip bled. Where she held the pistols her knuckles had turned white.

“Would you now?” Bartleby jeered and he jumped forward at her.

A shot sounded, followed by a woman’s scream and a door slammed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the docks Jonah lounged behind the barrels he Gibbs and Jack had hidden behind. Gibbs looked over the rim of them expectantly as if thinking the woman would be able to perform the feat in a few moments. He glanced over in time to see them disappear below deck. Gibbs cursed, but Jonah remained calm as they were forced to wait with no visuals.

The shot that sounded out was unmistakably muffled and the assassin looked over the barrels, his interest finally peaked. “Maybe she was shot,” he mused forgetting to infuse his voice with any sort of worry. He watched Gibbs stand and then watched the war on his features – obviously the man was trying to decide if they should rush aboard and take the chance of saving the girl or whether they should count her as dead (which would be more likely considering Bartleby’s reputation).

His answer came relatively quickly as a dark haired man was seen exiting the below deck holding a bloodied arm. He was followed closely by the unsure step of the small red-haired woman who held one gun unwaveringly on is head the second of which was pointed at Kaj.

“Put down any weapons or I shoot your Captain and you,” she warned and her voice said that she was dead serious as did the wound his captain bore. “I do not want to kill you, but I will not hesitate if you give me trouble,” she expanded. Her blue eyes darted to the docks and she decided to give a yell to the men in hiding. The deed was finished for the most part. She just wanted them to get on board and make sure the men would give her no trouble.

“Gibbs! Jack! Jonah!” She yelled loudly. “Help would be appreciated now boys!” She added, in an almost playful manner.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2010, 10:16 am 

There was only a slight concerned look on Kaj's face when Bartleby strode off towards his cabin, dragging the young girl with him. He realised what was to happen to her but he couldn't change it. A voice inside his head contradicted that. Actually he could change things. In a flash of a second he could have killed Bartleby before the Pirate could blink.. But he was not that man anymore. He had vowed never to do harm again ever since he had met Evelynn. She had cured him..

The other pirates aboard of the ship all went their own way. They were used to the eccentric behaviour of their captain and were probably not even aware that women actually had feelings. As long as their captain brought them fortune and a good fight, they were satisfied.

Kaj leaned at his leisure against the rail, giving a few orders, and he put his pipe again between his teeth. At the sudden sound of a gunshot, he threw a curious look towards the cabin but if one would look well than a flash of concern could be detected in his dark eyes.

When only minutes later Bartleby stumbled upon the deck, held under gunshot by Christine, a smirk appeared on Kaj's features. Her face looked bruised and blood trickled down her legs, but apparantly she'd been able to overpower Bartleby in the struggle that had obviously been taking place below deck. When she suddenly aimed her gun at him, Kaj didn't move a wink. He remained where he was, puffing small clouds of smook in the evening air.

"You all heard her fellows," he shouted to the rest of the crew, who reluctantly laid down their weapons. Kaj himself though, did not show any sign that he even thought of putting down his weapons. "By all means go ahead and shoot him," he responded to her threat, his lips still curved up in a smile. "But if you only think of shooting me, than I think we might have a problem."

---------------------

Liam looked up, surprised, when Guin ran towards him, calling out his name. She stood next to him and laid her small hand on his tanned cheek, to turn his face. Unintentionally Liam shivered as felt the cold touch of her skin. Her voice was filled with a strange sadness and her eyes were swollen because of her tears. Her usual determination seemed to have been replaced with an unfamiliar confusion.

Her eyes were suddenly very close and Liam felt like he could drown in those hazel pools. Her scent filled his nostrils, her red locks tickled his shoulders as her forhead rested against his and Liam had to resist the urge to claim her lips. He closed his eyes and wished for this moment to last forever.

You must know how I feel about you. You must… know. Please, don’t doubt me.

Those words woke him from that blissful moment. His heart started to beat faster and faster, as he was thinking of what could be the full meaning of her words. Was there a possibility that she..? No.. surely she only wanted to make sure that they still could be friends after those tensed moments..

When her next words offered no explanation and she remained quiet for him to say something, he took a step forward. His hand found her pale skin and he softly touched her cheek. He needed clarity, honesty.. he needed the truth.
"Guin, you owe Cairbre an answer and I need to know where we are standing." Liam's dark eyes found hers and he took another step closer to her. "Guin.. what do you feel?"

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2010, 1:50 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Shiloh was never really good at the whole comforting bit, growing up on his own he learned to only care and fend for himself. It wasn't until Zoe had been shipwrecked on the small island that he had called home did things begin to change... So as the woman clung to him he could only hold her tighter, unsure of what to say and so he decided to let her do the talking first.

Then the words spewed forth and his entire body tensed. It wasn't often that he heard Zoe's premonitions, but the ones he had heard had always come true. As their foreheads touched he looked deep into her tear-filled eyes and saw fear and something else that he couldn't place.

His own dark eyes followed a single tear as it ran down from the corner of her eyes and traced a path along a flushed cheek before pooling in the corner of down turned lips. Shiloh's gaze lingered there before he swept his thumb over that tear, making it disappear. "I'm not going anywhere Zoe, I promise you that I will not die anytime soon..."

-----

Christian had been idly walking around the lower deck when the shout came from the top deck. "Man overboard" echoed along the wooden staircase and he sighed, hopefully these people were worth saving. He had been apart of many situations like thus where the people they had pulled from the waters were crazed with scurvy or just mental and mutinous.

Knowing that he may be needed he took the steps two at a time, tying his lengthy blond hair back. Once he hit the top of the deck it was to see Grant leaning over a blonde woman, his lips pressed roughly to her own. A brief bout of jealousy hit him before he realized that his lover was just trying to save her life.

Smiling he moved closer to the three blondes who were practically lifeless and kneeled beside Grant, placing one hand on his lovers back while the other moved to the girl's wrist, trying to find a pulse.

"It's feint, but it's there." Eyes moved down to her chest and he could see it slowly moving, she was now breathing on her own.

-----

Her brief somber mood was quickly erased and Aurora-Rose was back to watching her friends jovially prancing around her cabin. It was actually quite amusing and she would have to make sure to teach each of them to dance better come the day of the double wedding.

"I hope you know that I will be doing all the preparations for you two as well... No wedding is complete without a touch of A-Rose..." she winked, still not moving from the spot from on her bed.

Dante couldn't help but admire Soren's body as he pulled Varianna into a sultry tango. Eyes sliding down Soren's form until they rested on his swaying hips. God he was so lucky to be the future Mr. Davereux.

"Come on Aurora-Rose, let's show these two how to really move..." Smirking at the two already dancing, he grabbed Aurora-Rose by the wrist and hoisted her slender form up with ease. A-Rose had to contain her laughter, arms wrapping around the brunette's neck while pressing her body close to her friend.

Dante's own hands wrapped around the woman's slender waist and began to move with abandonment. If anyone who didn't know Dante or A-Rose saw them dancing right now they would think they were a very intimate couple, the way their bodies moved against and with one another, but in truth both the friends were holding in their laughter at the faux dance of lovers...

-----

The Rivero triplets stared at the latina with wide eyes as she spoke about the Pearl, the ship that they were currently catching up with. Vincent motioned for Bethany to take the helm of the ship while he joined his sisters surrounding the woman who they had just pulled out of the sea.

"I have heard legends of the Pearl, yet I have not had the chance to meet any of the members of her crew. How come you to be here?" Vincent questioned, wanting to know why this woman had been thrown off the infamous ship and where they were heading. In fact Vincent, Isabella, and Nadia just wanted to know everything this woman had to offer them.

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 10th, 2010, 6:42 pm 
Istari
Istari

Andrea wasn’t sure whether to feel relieved or disappointed that their intimate conversation had been brought to an abrupt end. On the one hand she was hardly feeling very comfortable laying her deep and personal feelings out on the table like she was, but on the other hand she had waited twelve years to say what she had said and simply wanted to know where she stood. She wasn’t sure quite when they would get another opportunity to discuss the matter further. So with a heavy heart she followed her captain out onto the dimly light deck and followed his gaze to where a few crew members surround three bodies.

One man moved and ‘Drea felt as if she had been doused with cold water. She gasped and her stomach flipped as she started to drift towards the figure that had caught her attention. Her fears were confirmed as she gazed down upon the lifeless face she knew so well. She had aged and grown into her features but there was no doubt in Andrea’s mind that this was the same small girl who had dominated her teenage years, filling them with fun and un-conditional sisterly love. It was at that moment that ‘Drea felt her legs give out and she found herself on her knees beside Noirin, stretching out a hand to stroke her soft, cold cheek.

“No.” She whispered in disbelief, suddenly becoming frantic. She leant her head against Noirin’s chest and her heart leapt when she heard a soft pulse echo back to her. “I’m not losing you! Not now we’re together again.” She hissed with passion as she placed her hands across Noirin’s heart and started to pump, counting under her breath before tilting the girl’s head back and placing her lips over her mouth, breathing air into her lungs. She repeated this action a few more times, desperately willing the girl to breath. It felt like a lifetime before Noirin convulsed and rolled over, spewing seawater over the deck, coughing violently. Andrea’s hands shook as she rubbed Noirin’s back, fresh tears spilling down her cheeks.

-

Noirin found herself in the embrace of a woman who was rubbing her back gently and whispering soft comforting words in her ear. The voice was familiar and she turned around, coming face-to-face with Andrea. A wave of emotions washed over her at the sight of her cousin; euphoria, anger, desperation and sorrow to name but a few. Her ordeal over the past few weeks had been great and she found herself desperately trying to hold back tears. She failed however and fell into raking sobs. She felt ‘Drea start to rock her gently as she was gathered up into warm arms again. She started shivering and realised just how cold she was. Andrea must have realised as well as she felt her turn her head and address someone behind her.

“Hector, pass me your coat could you?”

She felt something warm being placed around her shoulders and she looked down to see a large blue frockcoat. She pulled away from her cousin slowly and looked behind Andrea to glance at the man she assumed to be Hector. He was tall and weather beaten, a greying auburn beard covered most of his chin and there was a prominent scar across his right eye.

“Thank you.” She said to him softly, just about loud enough for him to hear before Andrea spoke again.

“What happened to you?” She asked, worry etched into her face. “Were you on the Medusa? It hasn’t sunk has it? Is Caleb alright?”

“Father’s fine.” Noirin assured her. “The Medusa hasn’t sunk and no we weren’t on it. Liam and I came out here to find you after…” She trailed off, dread filling her stomach as something dawned on her. “Liam! She exclaimed, looking around desperately. “Where’s Liam?”

There was a sudden retching cough from behind her and she spun around to find the man in question coughing up the seawater he had swallowed. He suddenly sat up.

“Where the bloody hell am I?” He exclaimed looking around himself wildly.

-

Andrea’s eyes widen again as Liam sat up behind Noirin. She was so caught up in making sure Noirin was alive and breathing that she hadn’t even noticed him laying there.

“You came to find me?” She questioned, confusion setting in. “I wrote to you several times a year and received no word back and out of the blue you decide to journey half way across the world to find me?” She thought of all the letters she had written, all the money and treasures she had sent over the years, presents for birthdays and Christmas and her heartbreak at not receiving a single reply or thank you. She often wondered if they had just not reached their destination or if her family had disowned her. She watched as Liam and Noirin exchanged a nervous glance before Noirin spoke up.

“We never got them ‘Drea, apart from the first that told us that you were alive.” She said before Liam continued.

“It wasn’t until a few weeks ago that we found them stashed away in Bartley’s safe, all of them; the presents, the letters, the money. He’d hidden them and never told any of us that you’d been in contact. That’s why we came to find you, in case you’d thought we’d abandoned you.”

Anger started in boil inside her as she listened, but before she could say anything a final choking cough pulled her attention to their third and final rescue-e. The blonde girl sat up and looked around herself before her eyes met Drea’s. Andrea’s surprise was evident on her face; she was staring at a younger version of herself. Hair the same colour and style, face the same shape and complexion and eyes the exact same shade of green. They stared at each other for what felt like an hour, though in reality it was but few moments. Sitting before her was the daughter she thought she had lost, thought she would never see again. Within seconds Kayla had launched herself into Andrea's arms and clung to her, as if the world threatened to tear them apart.

-
-

Jack watched the scene with interested and admitted concern, which grew when Christine and Bartleby disappeared down below. He didn’t have to wait long for the outcome as a muffled shot reached his ears and Bartleby staggered out on deck, clutching his arm followed by Chrissie holding aloft two pistols. A strange sense of pride washed over him as he watched the woman but it was gone as soon as it came. He leapt from his hiding place and made his way up the gangplank before coming to stand behind Kaj, pistol resting at the back of his head.

“Aye, the problem will be all yours mate.” He said with a smirk. “All hands weigh anchor and prepare to set sail, yer all be under the command of Captain Jack Sparrow now, savvy?”

-

Zoë didn’t want him to move his thumb from where he had wiped away the stray tear. She moved her face closer to his so that her nose pressed against his.

“No.” She whispered, her voice husky. “You’re not, because I’m not going to allow it. Anyone who wishes to cause you harm will have to come through me first.” She moved her head gently, caressing his face with hers, something moving in the pit of her stomach, making her mouth go dry. She swallowed, hard.

[[Sorry for the length, but I felt I would be doing my characters an injustice if I didn't go into such detail for their reunion.]]

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Last edited by Lothy on September 22nd, 2010, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 3:46 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

[[bumpeth :hug:]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 6:41 pm 

[ I'm dying to read Goldy's post.. I'm waiting for her to reply! :) ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 4:05 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Edward had almost fallen asleep when a knock resounded through the darkened room. He groaned in frustration, rolling over onto his side and lighting the candle on the table next to him. In the flickering orange light, he could see a note beneath the crack of the door. Curious, he slid out of bed and bent down to pick it up, untying the string that kept it folded. Green eyes quickly scanned the first few lines and the smirk on his face began to fade. He paced about the room reading the first paragraph of curly handwriting, none other than Eve’s. <i>Although I cannot be frank about matters speaking out loud, I must do so in letter form. The truth is this: I love you. </i>

Edward stopped in his tracks, feeling a sort of sick, empty feeling welling up inside of his stomach. His heart had skipped a few beats from the utter shock of the words, and he had to re-read them to make sure his eyes weren’t playing tricks on him. <i>That would explain why she has been acting rather strangely…</i> The rest of the letter essentially summed up Eve’s feelings on the matter and by the end of it, Edward was completely and utterly speechless. The girl certainly had courage, slipping a note beneath a soon-to-be-married man’s door that contained the innermost emotions of her glass heart. He could either keep it for himself or allow it to shatter upon the floor. But there was no median when it came to love.

The raven-haired man was suddenly confused, overcome with a mix of feelings. On one hand, there was Varianna, a passionate and bold lover. And on the other was Eve, a sweet and caring gentlewoman. How could he possibly be expected to choose one, when it meant someone would end up heartbroken? Yet two lovers would never do.

He had to find Eve - he had to speak with her immediately. Stumbling across the room, he yanked open the door to find the girl in question was waiting outside like a lost animal. Without so much as a word, he embraced the blonde tightly, holding her against his bare chest and simply rocking her back and forth. “I don’t know what to do,” he admitted against her ear, eyes closed and confusion marking his face.

----------------

Hector did not say much, instead watching the scene with great interest. These people were obviously close to Andrea and had strong bonds with her - all but that of the youngest girl. He’d given over his coat the moment Andrea asked for it, nodding slowly in reply as Noirin thanked him. He didn’t feel that it was his place to interrupt their little reunion and so he kept to himself, waiting for Andrea to introduce the newcomers.

----------------

Grant turned to Christian with a brief smile, loving the feel of the younger blond’s hand on his back. “Jealous?” he asked, staring into mirroring blue eyes as he stepped away from the young girl. He knew that Christian was a possessive lover and always left his mark in some way or another. Grant’s teasing gaze was met by a soft kiss to Christian’s cheek before the older man walked off, leaving his lover by himself.

----------------

“What, tired already?” Vari asked as Soren panted heavily, spinning about with ease. Perhaps she’d picked up a love for dance from spending her earlier days in Spanish taverns, or perhaps it simply came natural. Whatever the cause, Vari loved becoming lost in the beat of the music, letting it overwhelm her. “We haven’t even yet begun!” She broke away from her dance partner and ran her hands down her body before swiveling her hips in a sultry way.

Soren only shook his head, taking a seat on the edge of the bed. “Not the kind of dancing I’m used to,” he muttered, winking at Dante as he danced with Aurora. His lover looked gorgeous in this light, a slight glimmer of sweat upon his brow and grin upon his face. He couldn’t wait to spend forever with him. Were it not for that night in Tortuga, the two might have never discovered that they were soul mates in the first place. For that, Soren was ever grateful.

[[I apologize for the shortness of this post. :blush: ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 4:18 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Shiloh's dark eyes were filled with the beauty of Zoe's own. He had been close to the woman before but something was changed and he couldn't quite put it into words. Thoughts hung on every syllable that fell from those soft lips and he knew they were truth.

Zoe would not let him fall nor would he allow anyone to truly harm this woman.

His heart began to pound in his chest as Zoe's face caressed his own, a tremor taking over his body as his glance moved from those eyes to those lips and back. "Zoe... I..." As if his body had taken over his thoughts Shiloh's head turned just enough that his lips brushed over Zoe's own. The briefest of touches before he pulled back in fear of what he had done and hoped that he had not ruined their friendship forever.

-----

"Jealous? Hardly..." Christian scoffed thinking his lover ridiculous for even saying such a thing. Grant was his and only his and he knew this but it wasn't until Grant began to walk away did a little green monster pop up inside of him and he realized that maybe it was jealousy he had felt.

Staring from the blond who was now wrapped in Drea's arms to his blond walking away he sighed.

"I am in over my head..." He murmured to himself before pushing up off of the ground with his left hand and following after Grant.

-----

"Seems our boys lack stamina..." A-Rose laughed as Dante began to pull away from her, his own chest heaving a bit.

"Hardly, I would just rather watch you two lovely ladies dance for us." Dante countered as he moved away from his friend to sit beside his lover. Lips pressing against that throbbing vein against his neck before resting his head against the blonds shoulders and watched A-Rose walk over to Vari and pull her into a sultry dance.

[[I too apologize for the short length :(]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 5:26 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Apologies for the super long post, guys! :lol: )

Eve’s head rose as Edward’s door was suddenly flung open. She braced herself for what was to follow – ultimately, all that she expected was a humiliating rejection. She certainly did not expect what followed in that next moment. Everything that she had planned to say was scattered from her mind instantly as Edward pulled her towards him into an embrace. All she was aware of was happiness, happiness filling every inch of her being, filling her with hope. She closed her eyes, her heart thudding; she wondered if Edward could actually hear her heartbeat.

She heard his words as he spoke against her ear; in that moment, she honestly didn’t care that he did not know what to do, that he had to choose between her and Varianna, his fiancé. All that she cared about was that he was here, with her. Slowly, she put her arms about his neck and hugged him back, scarcely believing that he had come out to see her. She had been dreading rejection. As he rocked her back and forth a smile crept up on her, draining every last inch of misery out of her heart.

Her arms still around him, she pulled back slightly to survey his face. She traced the outline of his cheekbone very gently, her touch feather-light, as if she was afraid to dare anything more. Her blue-grey eyes shone, and her features were filled with an undeniable radiance.

“I don’t know either,” she admitted. She took a deep breath. “Edward, I thought you’d be angry with me. I thought you might hate me, for sending you that note.” She never broke her gaze from his; it was as if she was learning his features off by heart. She suddenly felt the urge to burst into tears of relief, although she knew that doing so would be ridiculous. She had seen enough tears lately. Leaning forward, she rested her head on Edward’s shoulder.

“I love you so much,” she said softly. In the back of her mind, she knew that this was not a simple, uncomplicated love. A great barrier stood between her and Edward, the question of his marriage. But she did not want to think of it. She never wanted to let go of Edward; she still felt as if she was in a dream, and that any moment now she would wake up.

She felt the tears creep up on her all the same, welling up under her eyelids. They were tears born of mingled emotions; supreme happiness, and an underlying sadness, a knowledge that matters between her and Edward would not be easy. She did her best to push that sadness back, so that she could concentrate on what mattered to her most.

“I promise, I promise that I’ll never hurt you. I swear.” She spoke very softly. “I’ll never take you for granted. I will always love you, completely unconditionally. Even if…” she broke off, trying to form the words. “Even if you marry Varianna, I’ll still love you.” Her voice wobbled a little then, as she touched upon the worst case scenario. She swerved away from that topic quickly. “You can trust me,” she whispered.

She fell silent, her head still resting against Edward’s shoulder. She very gently pulled back again to look at him, to try and read his expression. It was true that Eve was the most trustworthy of people. She never broke her word or her promises, and she was always loyal to her friends. She would fight for anyone she cared about, even if it meant getting hurt.

She smiled up at him, her lovely, tear-stained features lit up with an endearing smile. She pushed a few strands of her blonde hair out of her eyes, waiting for Edward to speak again. She longed for him to tell her that he loved her. But even if he did not, she wouldn’t care – it was enough that he was with her and not with Varianna. Eve cherished these moments with him with a simplicity that spoke eloquently of true, endless love, and nothing more.

~~~

Guin looked at Liam as he took steps closer to her, and touched her cheek. His nearness was oddly comforting, but his words filled her with dread. Obviously, he wanted an honest answer to how she felt about Cairbre. She struggled inwardly to find an answer from within herself; where Cairbre was concerned, she felt confused, unable to explain. She remembered the way he’d gently taken her hands and looked into her eyes, the soft tone he’d used to profess his love for her. Then she remembered the way in which she’d flinched away from him, as if his touch might burn her. But it had been more than that; it had been his question which had affected her most. Could she ever love him?

She couldn’t find an answer to that question; she couldn’t give Liam the reassurance he needed, on that score. But she knew how she felt about Liam. She knew that he made her smile and laugh, and that when she was around him she felt invincible, as if no force on earth could defeat them. They were alike in so many ways; for one thing, they both shared an identical tendency to stubbornness.

“What do I feel?” she repeated, softly, looking up into Liam’s eyes, “I’m not good with words where feelings are concerned, Liam, you know that. So you have to trust me.” She paused, and very gently reached out to lay her hand over Liam’s heart. She could feel how fast it was beating, just like hers. “I want you to know that whatever else has happened, I need you. You know how it feels when we’re together; it’s how I feel. You want to know where we stand? Well, where I’m standing is right here.”

Slowly, she lowered her head to rest it against Liam’s shoulder. Her eyes were still damp, but continual flow of tears had ceased now. She hoped that Liam understood what she was saying. She wasn’t about to let him go in a hurry. What they shared was precious to her. But there still stood the question of Cairbre, hanging in the air, refusing to be brushed idly aside.

She searched her mind to try and resolve the question. “All I ask is that you ask yourself… if you could ever love me too.” The remembered words sent an involuntary shiver down her spine, even as she hid her face against Liam’s neck. She imagined Cairbre holding her like Liam did now, wondered if her heart would thud in the same way. They must have hugged a million times over the years, as a gesture of friendship. Guin could not deny how close they’d always been; it was a strong friendship that tied them to each other. They’d fought side by side, protected each other. A connection that went back that far didn’t just go away when the situation became difficult. Cairbre was one of the best friends she’d ever had; he was still her friend, she still cared about him. How could she cease to? If anything, the pain that they both now shared filled her with guilt; she felt ashamed that she had caused Cairbre hurt.

And yet… addressing the question of reciprocation seemed altogether a far too frightening prospect. If Guin really pushed herself to answer it, then what damage would such thoughts have upon her relationship with Liam? She didn’t want their feelings for one another to be altered, to be changed; their relationship was like a priceless glass ornament, too dear to risk shattering by accident.

Finally raising her head, she stretched up on tip-toe so that she stood as tall as Liam, placing her hands on either side of his face and softly kissing his forehead. She smiled sadly up at him. “I can’t give Cairbre an answer,” she said, eventually, struggling to find the words. “I know that I owe him one. But I can’t. I want to be with you, Liam.”

She hoped beyond hope that he believed her. And she knew that what she said was unfair to Cairbre. But more than anything she was afraid, afraid of something which she could not comprehend clearly enough to be aware of it; she was afraid of loving Cairbre, of returning his feelings in equal measure. He was a man who she already liked and trusted, who she was close to; the moments they had shared only a few minutes ago had given her a glance of what could be, if she was with him. She remembered every word he’d said to her, and they continued to repeat themselves to her. I love you. That’s all there is. Nothing to be afraid of, nothing to run from. You know I would never hurt you. I can’t just stop being in love with you, Guin. I can’t.

She hated herself for denying Cairbre the love he deserved, simply because of her own fear. If she had never met Liam, and her feelings for him had never come to be, then it was quite likely that she and Cairbre might have had a chance as a couple. Guin had always told herself that she did not believe in love, and she had held such a belief in order to protect herself. But now she found herself unguarded in such matters. And if Cairbre had told her of his love before now, before Liam, then her cynicism would not have been a barrier for long. Guin realised now that she could have loved him.

Could have, a small voice in the back of her mind whispered, or could still?

Guin tried her best to cast such thoughts out of her mind. She did not want them there, confusing her, asking endless questions, wondering, picking over the past. What mattered was what she had already, the man who stood here with her. Liam was immensely important to her. She didn’t want to lose him.

Her heart had started thudding even faster than before now. She tried to block out the thought of Cairbre’s eyes, so warm and beautiful, kindly gazing down into hers. How could such memories keep repeating themselves to her when she felt so strongly for Liam? It was desperately unfair.

Guin took a deep breath and looked straight into Liam’s eyes, directly. Her features were still tearstained but her expression was undeniably Guin-like: unswerving and frank, although in her eyes shone something unfamiliar – sadness, and hope.

“Do you believe me?” she asked Liam. Her voice was very quiet. “Do you want to be with me? I know I’m difficult, and argumentative… hardly the easiest person to live with. And all of this with Cairbre makes things a hundred times more complicated, and I understand if you just want to step away from it.” She paused, and reached out very slowly to take Liam’s hand, her long slender fingers threading through his. “But I don’t want to step away from you,” she whispered.

~~~

Cairbre remained in the spot he had stood in whilst talking to Guin, as if in shock, in the depths of despair. She had run off in pursuit of Liam, leaving him here without an answer. Cairbre could not bring himself to be angry with Guin; in many ways he understood her unwillingness. And after all… she undeniably cared for Liam. For all Cairbre knew, she could love him. She had certainly displayed the signs of it.

And yet Cairbre could not so easily give up. He needed to know, once and for all, if Guinevere could ever love him in return. Matters couldn’t just be left hanging like this. No, he would find another opportunity. He had to. He began to pace about, and ran a hand through his hair, his heart thudding in a steady drumbeat.

He felt sick, wondering what Guin was saying to Liam. He felt desperate, unable to regain some kind of calm. He brought his footsteps to a halt and closed his eyes, willing himself to be patient. But repeatedly his mind ran over several possibilities of what could be happening; Guin could be choosing Liam over him in this very moment.

Opening his eyes, Cairbre knew deep in his heart that even if Guin chose Liam, he would not give up on her. He loved her too much to let a chance of happiness with her go. There was a chance there, he knew, and it could be given life if Guin broke off from her stubbornness and fear. If she broke off from Liam. Liam was the source of most of Cairbre and Guin’s problems. He was the main obstacle, and Cairbre knew that, in trying to win Guin over, he would make Liam his enemy for life. It was a fight that Cairbre was willing to dedicate himself fully to, however long it took. He had waited too long to tell Guin he loved her to give up now.
After a little while, he found himself walking slowly up the deck, his footsteps measured, alone in his thoughts. He was walking in the direction Liam and Guin had gone. Surely, he would come across them. He pushed back the pain. Whatever happened, he was not going to admit defeat yet, despite the misery that had hold over him.

There they were, Guin and Liam, standing a little way off. For a small moment Cairbre stopped dead in his tracks, caught off guard despite himself. Guin was looking up at Liam, holding his hand, speaking softly to him. In that moment Cairbre’s expression was utterly unguarded, speaking so eloquently of his pain; Guin still did not see him. All of her attention was focused on Liam.

Cairbre forced himself to walk by, to walk past them towards the steps which led down to the lower decks. He only glanced at them briefly, but that one look was enough to make it obvious how he felt. Guinevere’s head suddenly went sideways, her gaze going away from Liam, as she noticed Cairbre.

Her throat felt dry. She still had hold of Liam’s hand, and she tightened her grip, holding on to him as if she would never let go. Her eyes were blinking hard, and as Cairbre looked over his shoulder towards her, she ducked her head quickly, feeling too awkward to be able to meet his gaze steadily and calmly.

Cairbre paused, feeling torn in two. He longed to be able to walk away, to hang on to his inward assertion that he would find a chance to talk to Guin later on, alone, without Liam. But he was all too aware of how closely Guin and Liam stood together; what if he never got another chance? What if Guin refused to speak to him, having made some kind of commitment to Liam?

And so he took a step towards them, his heart racing. Guin’s head was still lowered, although her eyes were now raising towards him. It was as if she was afraid to look him in the eye. It was so unlike Guin to seem unsure of herself, ill at ease around others. She was always such a confident person.

“I take it you’ve made your decision, then?” Cairbre’s voice carried clearly over towards her. His tone was not affronting or bitter in any way; it was gentle, understanding. He took another further step closer, wondering if he came too close Liam might hit him. It was as if he knew the risks but could take no heed of them; he needed to speak to Guinevere.

Slowly, Guin raised her head. She let go of Liam’s hand, releasing it from her tight grip. She gave a small nod, poising herself with as much dignity as she could muster. Even though she felt far from calm, she didn’t want to lose control. She wanted to look anywhere but Cairbre’s eyes; they were so kind, so sympathetic. So loving. “Yes,” she said, surprising herself by how steady her voice was. “Yes, I have.”

“You choose him?” Cairbre enquired softly, gesturing to Liam. “I might have guessed. Would it be impertinent to ask on what grounds you give your affection to him?” He took another step forwards, fully closing the gap between him, Guin and Liam. He noticed how wide Guin’s eyes now were; it was always a sure sign that she was nervous. He did not want to cause her unease, but he felt that this needed to be done, or else he would regret it forever.

There was a small pause. “On what grounds?” Guin repeated his words, her voice nearly a whisper. “On the grounds that I care for him.”

“Really.” Cairbre spoke very quietly. His gaze never wavered. Standing between Cairbre and Liam, Guin was beginning to feel somewhat crowded. Why did this have to be happening now? She felt as if too much pressure and responsibility weighed down upon her shoulders alone. It was her decision that Cairbre waited for, even though he knew she’d made it.

“Yes, really,” she blurted out, turning away. She took a few steps away from the both of them. How on earth could this be happening to her? Her, who had always sworn that she’d never love any man? And yet here she was, confronted with a situation out of her nightmares. She spun round again to face them.

“Has he told you that he loves you?” Somehow, Cairbre knew that this question was a key one, and as it hung in the air, leaving it’s impact upon everyone, a long silence reigned. Guin looked straight ahead of her, at neither Cairbre or Liam. She knew the answer, and yet she did not want to say it out loud.

Although she did not say a word or make any gesture, the answer was obvious. No. Liam had not told her that he loved her; but then, Guin had not told him that she loved him. That kind of outright declaration was something that Guin would find difficult to do, and she assumed that Liam shared her awkwardness. Just because he hadn’t said the words didn’t mean he didn’t feel them.

Guin turned her gaze directly to Liam, as if waiting for something. Her hope and expectancy were very clear. A tiny half-smile tugged up the corners of her lips, as if she was willing him to say something to set her mind at rest, to prove Cairbre wrong.

“I take it that’s a no,” Cairbre broke in quietly, causing Guin’s head to turn back towards him. “Guin, will you not consider what I have said? This could all be so uncomplicated if you would just let it.” He reached out very gradually and put his hand on her arm. She watched the movement, very conscious of Liam standing by and what his reaction might be. As Cairbre’s hand gently brushed her skin she forced herself to be strong, and she closed her eyes and flinched away. When she opened them she saw that the expression on her friend’s face was dismayed.

Trying to keep her breathing steady, Guin folded her arms, almost as if she was trying to prevent anyone reaching out for her again.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2010, 9:31 am 

Liam's heart started to pound faster as Guin spoke. He did not interrupt her, but only looked at her, almost with a yearning expression. He wished that she would confirm his expectations. He needed her to say it. But somehow Guin could not get those simple words over her lips.

When her hand rested on his chest he felt a warm glow spread through his body. For a moment he closed his eyes while Guinevere lay her head on his shoulder. He pulled his arms around her, touching her soft skin and long locks. He realised that this was how it could be from now on. Together. But in that moment of pure happiness and comfort, Liam sensed her confusion. He knew that the fiercest storm or the most ghastly monster would not scare her, yet now she felt fear. Fear of choosing, fear of making a mistake. The woman whom he held in his arms could not be more lost.

You want to know where we stand? Well, where I’m standing is right here.

"Yes, you're here.." Liam murmured in her red hair, pulling her closer to him. "But is this were your heart lies as well?" He could not help but hearing some doubt in her soft voice. She must still be thinking of Cairbre.. Weighing off options.. Comparing.

That comparison was easily made; something Eagle was keen on emphasizing now and then. Cairbre was a born gentleman. Intelligent. Elegant. Sophisticated. He could have been a nobleman's son or an officer in the Navy for all one could know. He, on the other hand, was illiterate, as he had not been gifted with education and because of his Jamaican mother, his skin was darker, which usually resulted in queer looks when he was in town, together with Guinevere. He was also not so fortunate when it came to fortune, which he now and then tended to loose. All those things never seemed to matter, except when he was around Cairbre...

I can’t give Cairbre an answer. I know that I owe him one. But I can’t. I want to be with you, Liam.

Why was it so hard for her to choose? Not being able to reject Cairbre, meant that she was also unable to choose for him. His hazel eyes gazed into hers as he turned his thoughts in words: "Don't be afraid. You should not be afraid to choose, otherwise your soul will have no rest." He gave her a reassuring smile but it felt like she was fading in his arms, as if she was not present anymore, but absorbed in her mental struggle.

"I do believe you Guin." Liam spoke at last again, as he let go of her. "But I need you to be sure. I wouldn't survive it when you had second thought because I-"

He stopped as Guin's head turned to watch Cairbre walk by. He'd almost said it, confessed his feelings. But when Guin had turned away, when they lost eyecontact, the moment of bewitchment seemed over and Liam held his tongue, unable to finish his sentence now Guin was looking at Cairbre, almost with desire, although she was still holding his hand.

Liam only glared at Cairbre as he approached them, like a lion eyeing his prey. Quietly but ready to strike. Liam noticed that Cairbre's voice was soft, yet filled with a sort of scorn, when he asked Guinevere of her choice. Obviously he found it incredible to believe that he had not been chosen instead.

Has he told you that he loves you?

Suddenly, inflamed with anger, Liam turned to Cairbre who obviously thought that his boldness to ask personal matters of Guin was justified. But Liam realised that it was just another trick to plant even more doubts in Guin's head.
"What business is that of yours Eagle?" he said sharply. "You have heard the lady's answer. Why don't you just sod off?"

But when he turned to Guin he was surprised to see that she was looking at him, hopefully and full of expectations. Did she desire that he would now spill his feelings, just to prove Cairbre wrong? Did she want to share these personal matters with that bag of arrogance and pride?
Somehow what only a few moments ago seemed so easy to tell, was not impossible to utter.

After moments of silence Liam finally said softly. "I love you Guin. I love you so much. You are more precious to me than anything in this life.." His gaze was only directed at Guinevere and his voice was soft, wanting only Guin to hear him. Then a sad smile appeared on his face and he shook his head. "I see that you're still full of doubts. He will never get out off your head. You'll be never be able to tell if you made the right decision.. so.. you better choose the most secure option."

His sad smile had turned into a grimace as he told her to choose Cairbre. Pain, anger and resentment seemed to well up from deep inside him and unable to stay any longer near Guinevere, he turned to walk away. But after he'd taken a few paces, he looked back at Cairbre with his face pale and drawn with pain. Before Liam realised it, his right fist had connected with Cairbre's cheek, and he hit him which such a force that the latter fell to the ground.

Liam walked off into the distance, into the darkness, without looking back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2010, 3:25 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

[bumpeth]

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2010, 7:25 pm 

[ I'm dying to read Goldy's post.. so consider this as a BUMP! ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 27th, 2010, 5:43 pm 
Maia
Maia

(I’ve posted Guin’s reaction to Liam, and then I’ve fast-forwarded in time, like Lothy suggested. :pirate: So Edeve’s situation is half an hour forwards in time too - Ara, I hope you don’t mind. =) )

Guin watched Liam as he made the confession which she had so been longing to hear from him; upon hearing his first words, her heart seemed to leap wildly, and she was seized by an overwhelming need to throw her arms around him and pull him back towards her. She had waited so long to be certain of his feelings towards her, and now she had his clear answer, as plain as day. A smile trembled on her lips, and she opened her mouth to speak, quite forgetting in that moment that Cairbre stood very near. But the light died in her eyes when she heard what Liam said next: "I see that you're still full of doubts. He will never get out of your head. You'll be never be able to tell if you made the right decision.. so.. you better choose the most secure option."

She understood him perfectly. He had read her confusion, seen her doubts, and he didn’t want her to worry whether or not she had made the right decision, if she chose him. He was telling her to choose Cairbre. Guin’s expression crumpled in on itself, tears welling up in her eyes. If only it was as easy as that, picking between the two people she cared most about in the world.

“Liam,” she blurted out his name as he turned away. But when he turned back, he did not do so to take back what he had said, but to launch his fist into Cairbre’s cheek, knocking him down to the ground. And then he walked away. Shocked to her very core, Guin looked down at Cairbre as he lay on the deck, clutching at his cheekbone in astonishment.

The tears spilling down her cheeks, Guin knelt down beside him and helped him up into a kneeling position. Cairbre cursed under his breath in disbelief and anger, trying to move his jaw, which now felt numb. Liam had certainly dealt him a powerful knock, a sure sign of the man’s anger and pain. He supposed he had only himself to blame for interrupting his moment with Guin; in Liam’s position, he’d have probably done the same thing.

He looked at Guin as she carefully examined his bruised cheek, noticing that she was avoiding looking into his eyes as she knelt beside him. Gently, he caught her hand in his. “Guin,” he said, quietly. She took a deep inward breath and kept her head down, refusing to meet his gaze, her face damp with tears. Slowly, Cairbre reached out with his free hand and very tenderly turned her head towards his, making it impossible for her to look away from him.

“That was my fault,” he admitted, in a low voice. “I’m sorry.”

“Are you sorry?” she whispered, her words brimming with frustration. “I thought your whole aim was to win me over, away from Liam? I suppose you think you’ve won now. I suppose you think that now, you can have me.”

Cairbre shook his head. “You make my actions sound almost malicious, spiteful – I don’t think you believe that. I never meant to hurt you, Guin. All I ever wanted was to make you see that I love you. I needed to know whether you could ever feel the same, I needed an answer. I would never have forgiven myself, if I ended up losing you forever.”

Guin choked on her tears then, dropping her head, her long red locks shielding her face. Cairbre’s hand was still curved around her jaw line. Gently, he caressed her skin, and smoothed back her hair. A long silence reigned as they knelt there together. Slowly, Cairbre leaned forward until his brow rested softly against Guin’s. She looked up into his eyes, marveling at how intense they were this close up. Eventually, her own eyes closed, and she let him draw her closer towards him, into the circle of his arms.

Time stretched on as their breathing settled into perfect harmony, and Guin’s head tipped upwards of it’s own accord. It was then that she suddenly realised that Cairbre was about to kiss her, and in that moment she remembered Liam, the knowledge of her love for him coming rushing back to her with painful acuteness. And so when Cairbre’s head moved closer, Guin suddenly drew back, pulling herself away from his arms.

“Don’t,” she blurted out. “Don’t kiss me. Just don’t.” She drew further away from Cairbre, feeling a surge of self-hatred. Scrambling to her feet, she watched the light die in Cairbre’s eyes. Words could not describe how awful she felt. How had this happened? She didn’t want to hurt either Liam or Cairbre, but it seemed inevitable. Slowly, Cairbre stood up, regaining his balance, his hand going up to his bruised face of it’s own accord. He gazed at Guin as she trembled with suppressed emotion.

“Alright,” he said, very quietly, almost inaudibly. It was clear that there was so much that he wanted to say that was going unsaid. He half-reached out towards her, almost as if he might touch her face, but all he managed was a shadow-caress of her jaw line. She visibly shivered at the held-back touch, her eyes closing, her entire expression tensing. But she forced herself to step back.

“I’m sorry, Cairbre,” she whispered. Stiffly, Cairbre nodded, his eyes filled with hurt, making them dark. “I need to speak to Liam. You must understand,” she continued softly, knowing that Cairbre could never possibly understand the way she simultaneously cared for both him and Liam. She took a step forward, wanting to somehow make things right, although there was no way that she could.

In the end, she very gently took Cairbre’s hand and placed the lightest of kisses on the palm of his hand. She looked up at him, and knew at once that it was now too unbearable to stay. Before he might reach out for her, she slipped her hand from his and backed away, before running as fast as her feet could carry her away from the deck, towards the steps that would lead to her cabin.

~~~

(Half an hour later)

Guin very slowly lifted her head up from her tear-stained pillow, her throat feeling raw with sobbing, her eyes red and smeared with grief. She had retreated to her cabin and had spent goodness knows how long weeping, crying out her despair. In such a little amount of time, everything seemed to have changed. Her relationship with Cairbre had changed. Her relationship with Liam had changed. Two men loved her and the only conclusion she could reach about her own feelings was that she loved them both back immensely. But that couldn’t be right. Could it? There was supposed to be one person in the world made specifically for her, that was the way it was supposed to be. If that was true… which man was it?

She couldn’t find an answer to that. She dragged herself from her bed, the green skirts of her gown crumpling. She lifted her red locks up from her neck, pulling them into a bun and securing it with her jade hairpins. She needed to see Liam, desperately. She hoped Cairbre had gone to his own cabin. She couldn’t risk seeing him again.

Make a choice, she told herself fiercely, wiping at her eyes.

She blew out the candle by her bedside and let her footsteps carry her away from her cabin, her mind leading her as if in a trance, towards the place she needed to be. Her heart seemed to beat Liam’s name. He loved her, he loved her, he loved her… if only he’d told her before Cairbre spoke up. Why had he left it so late?

Liam’s cabin was only down the corridor. She found herself outside his door, feeling indescribably nervous. Forcing herself to act quickly, she raised her fist to the door and knocked on it softly. She was still shaking. Not receiving an answer straight away, she opened the door, her heart thudding so hard that it physically hurt. “Liam?” she whispered his name, peering around the door. “Liam…”

Without waiting for him to speak, she stepped inside the room, closing the door behind her. Her whole body ached for her to go towards him, into his arms. But he had told her to choose his rival. Had he really meant it? She hated it being like this, when she wanted to be with him so much.

Again, her mind made it’s fierce demand… make a choice. That was what she was doing. Cairbre would just have to understand…

And so she summoned all of her courage and walked towards Liam, her face tearstained but her expression resolute. She only stopped walking when she was face to face with him, her bottom lip trembling like a child’s. “Liam,” she repeated, reaching out to touch his face. She drew her hand over his stubbly cheek before gently kissing it, and then touching her forehead to his.

“I love you too,” she whispered.

~~~

Eve was shivering as she sat on the chair in Edward’s room, not knowing whether it was because she was nervous, or because she was cold. They had needed to talk, and so he’d asked her to step inside. Her fingers drummed lightly against the warm mug of ale in her hands, her grey blue eyes wandering around the room, examining everything. She was very much aware of Ed’s presence here. Everything here belonged to him. One of his shirts was draped about her shoulders for warmth, looking huge on her slender frame.

Looking up, her gaze found Ed sitting near her. The silence between them did not seem at all uncomfortable, but warm. All the same, she wanted to say something desperately. She needed to know what was going to happen, now that he knew she loved him.

She reached forward across to him and hesitantly touched his hand. Her hand looked fragile and slim beside his. In a heartbeat, Eve knew that here was just where she was supposed to be, with him. She didn’t regret giving him her letter now. She was gladder than she could say.

“Ed,” she said, very quietly, “where are we going from here? I need to know.” Her voice was gentle, not affronting. She looked at him steadily, and in that moment all her fear seemed to drain away. She felt stronger somehow, more assured. It was all down to him.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10th, 2010, 5:10 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Should we wait for Lothy or would you all like for me to post again? :erm: ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10th, 2010, 5:13 pm 
Istari
Istari

[[My reply is in the making but feel free to post Aratman :)]]

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next