Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2010, 4:15 pm 

Kaj had made his way back to Bartleby's ship, where he filled the position as first mate. In his past piratelife on the Devil's Hoard his path had often crossed with Bartleby and his crew, for Bartleby and Kaj's brother Garrett, had been sworn enemies. Their fued had not led to any real confrontations, only incidental fights and both Bartleby and Garrett seemed to aspire the title of the most feared Captain in the Caribbean.

It was Bartleby's ship that picked him up in the wild waters, when he had been only half alive, days after the attack of the East Indian Company. After Jones had perceived that it was Kaj whom had killed Garrett, he had offered him reconciliation and a place on his ship, which Kaj reluctantly had taken. His new alliance with Bartleby and his own cruel reputation earned him some liberties aboard that were granted to no one else. And although he was lower in rank that the Captain himself, in the eyes of the crew they were almost seen as equals.

Even Bartleby himself, who'd found a talented accomplice in Kaj, could not penetrate his thoughts. A mist of mystery always seemed to surround the man, which made him heard to place and even less easy to guess where his loyalties lied. Kaj could do as he pleased within boundaries; he usually drank alone and never did he participate with the Captain's extravagances with women. Yet Kaj was a merciless killer, valuable to Bartleby, and therefor Bartleby Jones forgave Kaj these strange oddities.

As the Captain approached his ship, Kaj was sitting lazily on the gangway, smoking a long, carved pipe; his dark eyes glistering in the dark.
"Bartleby.." he spoke, his voice soft but free from any emotion. "You brought company?" His eyes wandered curiously over the girl, and for a moment a flash of pity lay in his eyes, but it was too dark for anyone to see.
"Aren't you going to introduce me to her?"

---------------------------------------------

Liam stretched and inhaled the fresh, salty evening air as he entered the deck after having withdrawn himself for an hour to have some sleep before he could begin his evening watch. With natural elegance he moved around the dack, his long dark hair waving slightly in the evening breeze. A twinkle appeared in his hazel eyes as he spotted Guinevere and her loyal puppy at the front deck.

Guinevere looked unworried and good-humoured as ever, but Cairbre seemed composure seemed to have reached an alarming level of gloominess. She, on the other hand, seemed not to have noticed this and was chatting happily, while Cairbre could only frown. Guinevere possessed easy manners, intellectual mind and good looks; qualities which Liam had never witnessed in any other woman before. She treated him as an equal, despite his background and skin, something Liam had never been used to.
He used to annoy her, flirt with her, fight with her, as intimate friends yet he never acknowledged the full depth of his feelings for her.

Liam quietly walked up to Guin, who had stood with his back turned to him, and then swung one tanned arm around her waist. "Looking for me?" he grinned in her ear. And he quickly let go of her, as Guinevere turned around in surprise. "Enjoying yourself, love?"

Out of the corners of his eyes, he glanced at Cairbre, and a mocking smile lurked round the corners of his mouth. As he lay his hand on Guin's arm, he turned to Cairbre, holding now even a challenging look in his eyes.
"Eagle, you look miserable, poor fellow.. You should leave the bottle alone in the future.."

-----------

How long Salma had drifted on the waves of the ocean, she could not recall. She could only think of her parched tongue, which seemed pasted to her palate, her legs which felt heavy like rocks and her own stupidity. It must have been hours, when at the horizon a small dot appeared, which gradually grew larger and took the size of a ship.
Even when it was still at a considerate distance, she tried to shout. A hoarse cry escaped her dry lips but it seemed far to soft for anyone to hear on the grand ship.
Salma felt desperate when the ship drew nearer without seemingly slowing down its speed. Again and again she shouted, and waved with her arms, hoping that she would be noticed by anyone.

[ That could be Zoe and Shiloh's ship?]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2010, 5:19 pm 
Maia
Maia

“Robyn!” Eve protested, as her friend led her determinedly towards Ed’s cabin. “I can’t talk to him!” her tone had taken on a desperate edge; she was frantic with nerves at the direction in which this situation had so suddenly gone, but unable to pull away from Robyn. This couldn’t be happening. Eve was sure that all that would happen would be her making a complete fool of herself. But soon enough, they were standing in the doorway of Ed’s cabin.

Eve’s cheeks flushed pink at the sight of Ed, and she looked away immediately. Her heart was hammering in quite an alarmingly violent manner, and she reached out to link her arm through Robyn’s. She heard Ed enquiring if something was wrong, and upon hearing her friend’s reply, her head leapt upwards in dread. What was Robyn doing? She couldn’t possibly want her to tell Ed exactly what was going on, could she? Such a thing could only make everything a million times worse than it was now. Eve was sure that any minute now she would do something stupid, like turn on her heel and run as fast as she could in the opposite direction.

She felt Robyn nudge her closer towards Ed. Her close proximity to him was startling, and she felt her breathing almost close up in her throat. She looked at him, her cheeks still fiery. She didn’t feel comfortable at all; she longed to run away from him, but at the same time she felt drawn to him. She ducked her head slightly, her blonde hair hiding her face. Her fingernails dug into her palms, and she longed to be elsewhere.

Slowly, she looked up through her long locks of hair. The heat in her cheeks was cooling now. Apprehensively, she looked over her shoulder at Robyn for reassurance, as if she would seek help from her friend. She felt as if she should be angry at Robyn, but Eve knew that she had only been trying to help; Robyn was her best friend.

She had to think of something to say. She had to say something; make an excuse up, perhaps? Her heart was beating faster than ever. She knew that Ed was waiting. How stupid he must consider her. More than anything, she despaired at the prospect of appearing foolish in Ed’s eyes. She felt tears start to build up in her eyes, threatening to spill over. She willed herself not to cry.

Finally, she backed away. “It’s nothing,” she whispered. “Robyn, let’s go.”

~~~

Guin observed Cairbre as he turned away from her with a frown, and was about to ask him what was wrong when she felt an arm go about her waist, and heard a familiar voice in her ear. A smile forming on her features, she turned round and looked up at Liam. “There you are! I was wondering where you’d got to,” she said. She felt her former concern drain away, and she wondered why on earth she had been worrying a moment or so ago. With Liam, nothing seemed to matter or hold her back. Leaning forward, she kissed his cheek. “Don’t call me ‘love’,” she reproved him, pretending to disapprove. “It indicates familiarity.” There was a laugh in her tone; she wasn’t being serious. She turned round as Liam’s attention was diverted to Cairbre.

Cairbre watched the happy couple, filled with a bitterness so strong it felt like it was poisoning him. To the outside eye, he appeared perfectly calm, but seeing Guin with Liam killed him. It took all of his strength not to walk up to Liam and throw a punch in his smiling face. He listened to the man’s comment, raising one eyebrow with a small smile. He could see the challenge in Liam’s eyes, hear it in his voice. He was mocking him, clearly.

“Thank you for your kind advice,” Cairbre replied, evenly. “I’m sure you mean well.” There was no hint of anger in his voice; he appeared utterly composed. For a moment his gaze went to Guin; she looked so happy, so at ease – when she smiled she looked more beautiful than ever. Cairbre wished that he could make her smile like that. He knew that he would try his utmost to do so; he told himself, over and over again, that Liam didn’t matter. It was only a matter of time before Guin saw clearly, and realised that Cairbre was the one – at least, that was what he hoped.

Guin met Cairbre’s gaze steadily, with a reassuring smile. She knew how Liam loved to tease and make fun of people, but she had not yet recognised the real hint of a challenge. Cairbre looked back at her, his gaze never wavering. Guin stepped forward and patted his arm. “Don’t listen to him,” she joked, nodding her head towards Liam. “He doesn’t mean well. He loves to provoke.”

Cairbre smiled down at his oldest friend. In a way, it was comforting how little she guessed of the rivalry between him and Liam. He looked over her red-haired head, meeting Liam’s eyes. “His intentions certainly are questionable,” he said softly.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2010, 11:38 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Nadia was finding herself more and more intrigued by this Lance fellow. She had meet many men in her life but not very many like Lance. Most men were lecherous and had no tact when it came to romance or even flirting, but it seemed like Lance knew a thing or two about the game and she was more than willing to join her sister in playing.

"That is true, I have heard stories about the Captain of the dreaded Pearl." Isabella said, tilting her head back up to the sky, eyes closing as the breeze whipped her hair obscuring her vision.

"Though, there is always a weakness that can easily be found with the right methods." Nadia purred before grinning and mimicking her older triplets actions.

While the girls were having fun with Lance, Vincent was completely caught up on keeping his eye on the horizon and glued to the ship with black sails that lingered almost just out of sight. So focused was Vincent that he didn't hear the hoarse cries until he felt a tap to his shoulder. "Aye Captain, it seems a broad has fallen overboard..." Bethany gestured to the woman floating in the water.

Vincent glared first at Bethany for talking so nonchalantly to which Beth only shrugged and went about getting some rope to throw to the floating woman.

-----

Shiloh must have fallen into dreams fast because he could only be dreaming of Zoe saying that she loved him... or at least saying it in a way. Those words were something only his imagination could create since he was pretty sure the blond woman only saw him as a friend who had shared many things together. They shared a similar past, both being shipwrecked on Anguilla and through their friendship they were able to find their selves sailing the open seas.

A warmth filled him as he slept and his body found itself pulling Zoe into his arms, his head now burying itself in her long dread like locks.

-----

Soren was right, they loved each other. Actually what they had was more than just love, an unbreakable bond that was everlasting. Still it was a shock to hear the words he had only been thinking for the longest time being spoken. Then Soren was moving away from him and his brows furrowed before raising the moment Soren dropped to his knees. Dante was astounded and his heart beat wildly in his chest with every word that was spoken. "I don't need a ring, all I ask for your heart as you have already stolen mine for good." He breathed out as he too dropped to his knees and fall into Soren's arm. Forgetting that he hadn't answered yet Dante pulled Soren into a kiss before answering in the affirmative. "Yes, I will definitely marry you Soren Davereux!"

-----

"Of course, it ain't every day that yer best friend gets proposed to now is it. Well there was that one time in port when that drunken sailor proposed but that doesn't count." Aurora-Rose laughed, returning the hug as they found themselves sitting on her bed. Though the excitement she had been feeling for Vari and the general atmosphere aboard the ship died when Varianna began to explain to her about Eve. It was true that the woman did act weird around Vari but she didn't really think anything of it. Some people just didn't get along for some reason or another and it wasn't A-Rose's business to pick and pry into the lives of those she did not know. Apparently though she wasn't the only one noticing the way that Eve acted around Vari and Ed versus every other one of the crew members.

"She has been a bit strange of late. I didn't know if it was just me but she looked less than excited to hear that ye were marrying Ed." Joining in Vari's sigh she threw an arm around Vari and pulled the girl into a sideways hug, lips pressing against her friends dark locks. "I'll try and find out what was going on. I can promise ye that your wedding will be nothing less than perfect. Ye deserve it, Edward is a lucky man." Aurora-Rose made a mental note to get a chance to talk to Eve later. If not then she would talk to others and find out what was going on... as maid of honor she wasn't going to let anything or anyone ruin Varianna's big day.

A-Rose was about to discuss wedding details when her cabin door burst open. "Damn, what ever happened to knocking? I am bus-" Before she could finish a very smiling Dante was walking into her room and sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Soren asked me to marry him! Vari, we are both getting married!"

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Last edited by Pandora on June 8th, 2010, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2010, 12:54 pm 
Istari
Istari

[[No problems at all Maeth :)]]

Zoë felt her self being pulled closer to Shiloh, in her semi-conscious state, and subconsciously snuggled closer herself until the pair became a tangle of limbs. Slowly she fell into a dreamlike state.

She was on a ship, the water was calm and the sun was shining brightly. She wore a white shift-like dress that stopped just below her knees revealing her tanned calves and bare feet. There was a slight breeze that caught her hair, dress and the sails. Black sails. Everything was peaceful, too peaceful. She looked around her self only to find she was completely alone. This worried her more than it should and a strange feeling of dread started to well in her stomach. Something was wrong. She carefully picked her way across the deck to the side of the ship, her instincts telling her caution was needed, footsteps not making a sound. She looked over the railings and saw with horror that the water was red and filled with bodies. She heard something behind her and span round, coming face-to-face with Shiloh. His features were pained and on further inspection the front of his shirt was covered in blood. She managed to catch him just as he fell, tears streamed out of her eyes as she realised what was happening. “No!” She whispered in desperation as his body began to convulse violently, before he stilled and the life faded from his eyes. A whimper caused her to look up. A man moved out of the shadows, his hair was black and his smile was twisted. In his hands was a woman with blonde hair, a knife was held to her throat and there was fear in her eyes.

“This wasn’t what was meant to happen. It wasn’t my fault, it was never my fault!” She managed to choke out, before the knife was dragged through her jugular and she collapsed into a pool of blood. The man’s sadistic face now turned to Zoë. She was aware of someone screaming before realising it was her.

She woke with a jot, still screaming.

-

“Precisely, everyone one has a weakness.” Lance agreed with Nadia, he had to admit he’d found his match in the pair, and that’s what excited him. He always liked a challenge and who could complain when that challenge was two beautiful women? He watched as they both lifted their heads up to the sky and his gaze went wandering elsewhere.

-

Noirin was busy tying off the downhaul when she felt someone rip the wig that was disguising her from her head. She quickly turned, her long blonde hair falling down and over her shoulders, and came face-to-face with an angry sailor.

“I knew it!” He growled and grabbed her by the hair, dragging her up to the bridge. Noirin fought as hard as she could as he dragged her but found herself thrown to the deck, hard. She gasped and whimpered slightly as she banged her head on the wood. She heard two more people land beside her and lifted her head up to see another blonde girl, her features strangely familiar, and Liam.

“So.” She recognised the captain’s voice above her. “Ye three thought ye could stow aboard me ship eh? Well ye were wrong. Gents.”

She felt herself being yet again grabbed by her hair and dragged upright. She saw that Liam and the other blonde were in the similar positions. She then noticed with terror that the three of them were being hurled over to the side of the ship. Noirin hardly had time to protest before she was flung over board and into the cold, dark abyss.

-

Jack watched from a distance as Christine played her own little game with the captain who’s lap she was now sat upon. He began to regret having asked her to find them a ship, when she was pulled about by her neck like a dog. He caught the glance she threw him as the pair left and knew this was a serious matter. He leant over to Gibbs to voice his concern.

“I’ll be the first to admit I’m not particularly fond of this idea anymore.” He muttered solemnly before following Christine out of the tavern, making sure to keep well back.

-

“Leave? Nay lass, quite the opposite.” Andrea looked up at the man who was now sat before her. His usual stern expression was gone, replaced by something softer and more compassionate. “Somethin’s hap’enin’ ’tween us, I ain’t sure what ’t is but I think ‘t needs t’ be made known, wouldn’t you agree?” She watched him as he spoke, the look in his eyes confirming what he was saying to be true. Her heart started to beat faster and she nodded her head in agreement with him. What he said next made her heart skip a beat, yet caused her brows to furrow. “Andrea, ye don’t want to love me. I ain’t but a monster of a man.” She stared at him in disbelief.

“Hector, you’re not a monster.” Her mouth began, taking no head from her brain “I should know.” She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose with her fingers. They were being honest weren’t they? If they were going down this road he needed to know what he was getting into; she was damaged goods. “Why do you think, in the twelve years we’ve known each other, I haven’t mentioned much about my family, my parents? Why do you think I chose to stay at sea after you rescued me from drowning? I could have returned home to my life of so-called-luxury, but I didn’t. I wanted to get away from that life and the reminders of my past.” She couldn’t help but get agitated as the words spilled from her mouth, it was a very touchy subject for her and she hated to talk about it. “My father made my childhood hell, he’d raise his hand at whatever chance he got; if I’d got one speck of dirt on my dress, if I wasn’t asleep past a certain time, anything. I doubt you’ve ever seen these.” She stood up and used her thumb to pull the side of her breeches down past her hip so that the top of her thigh showed, along with three long, jagged horizontal white lines. “*beep* got me with a pitchfork, just because I hadn’t groomed his horse to his liking. He never even flinched when I almost drowned in a frozen lake, which he threw me into I might add. As he said, was my own fault for not knowing how to swim.” Her voiced dripped with sarcasm and she started pacing. “You’d have thought I’d have been glad when he killed himself, but I wasn’t, seeing as he took my mother and little brother with him in a blazing inferno.” She tried to get control of her emotions again and lowered her voice, making it soft yet firm. “He was a monster Hector, you most certainly are not. And I love you whether you think I ought to or not.”

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2010, 4:31 pm 

[ Euh guys.. did you read my comment about Salma? ;) ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2010, 4:35 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

[[Eep, sorry. Will edit <3]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2010, 5:15 pm 

[ Thankies Panda! She was swimming like two rounds of post in the sea and I thought that it would be nice if she could be picked up! :happy:

By the way, I LOVE you Aragorn banner! and Sante is amazing ;) ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2010, 1:14 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Gibbs felt his insides turn as Christine was pulled towards the door. From his vantage point it simply looked like the man was rubbing her neck as they walked because her hair covered the painful grip. However, he knew enough of Bartleby Jones to know that it was not a loving touch. He turned towards Jack who had beat him to the concerned outburst.

"'m sure she knows what she's got herself into," the man replied uncertainty weighing down his words making them unconvincing.

Normally, when one of his friend's plans failed and he had noted that it would before hand, he would not resist the urge to let out a small and niggling "I told you as much, Jack." That same thought crossed his mind and he pushed it away feeling a bit sick.

He exited in stride with Jack. Their intentions were obvious from the way they both stared pointedly in front of them, but hardly anyone paid attention as getting tailed in Tortuga was more than normal. If someone wasn't trying to kill you than you were probably already dead.

------------------------------------------------------------

Jonah had been happily nursing a glass of whiskey, observing the ongoings with a casual eye. It was a bit boring, he thought, all this waiting. He dark eyes shifted to look at the anxious faces of Jack and Gibbs. His own face attempted to mirror the emotion, he always had trouble with grief and worry, but he found that he could not duplicate it.

"Perhaps with more practice," he muttered into his drink. He was grateful when Christine was lead out and he was able to stand and move. He hated waiting while on a job, it was the worst part. Dutifully he exited after Gibbs and into the crowded streets of Tortuga.

------------------------------------------------------------

Bartleby smiled at Kaj who was perched in his usual spot on the ship. The man was strange to be certain, but there would be no one else he would trust to watch the ship alone. His grip on Christine traveled to grasp her around her waist, he wouldn't let her go entirely for fear she might run and then he would have to chase her - which would end badly for everyone involved.

"Kaj," he said affably. His eyes drifted to the girl he was holding. "Yes, pretty thing isn't she?" He asked in a way that was almost like he was discussing a painting. "You're welcome to a go after I'm done with her," he said with a salacious smile.

During the exchange Christine felt her earlier adrenaline and confidence dwindling into nothing. She couldn't be sure that Gibbs and Jack were following. What she did know is that to make this work she had to let Bartleby take control while keeping her fear at bay and her wits about her. Her gaze darted to the docks hoping to see a swaggering gait and tell tale hat. She was disappointed.

The man that held her twisted her head to face him, his hand yanking her hair. "You're being awfully quiet," he sneered. "We have someone here. Say hello."

Christine steeled her nerves and looked to Kaj giving her best ingratiating smile that she had perfected over the years. "Hello, dear," she said in a voice that was not at all normal. "Friend of Bartleby's are you?"

Bartleby laughed. "Good lass," he said before pulling her back by the red mane to kiss her harshly. "Told you she was a sweet thing. Just a bit dumb some time," he said to Kaj.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2010, 6:29 pm 

Kaj blew out a circle of smoke and observed Bartleby through the grey mist. The disgust, which welled up as he watched how the Captain treated the harlot, did not disturb the tranquil look on his face. He was used to the eccentrics of Bartleby when around women. That experience, however, did not lessen the pity he felt for the girl, who looked way too young to be harassed by the pirate Captain, what undoubtedly was going to happen.

As the Captain spoke to him, Kaj's lips curved up in a sarcastic smile. "Aye, I just might do that.” The irony of this remark made him smirk. Although the Captain at times seemed to compete at how many women he could get, he on the other hand had not been with any women since he’d been at Bartleby’s service, for he had still been in mourning. This was not known to Bartleby though, and Kaj just played the game along. He slowly emptied his pipe and tucked it into his belt, while watching how Bartleby tried to force some words out of Christine.

“I must say Bartleby,” Kaj started smoothly and he got on his feet. “I knew already before that you were a rude bas-tard, but your skills with the women are positively miserable.” He gently pulled Christine away from Bartleby and kissed her pale hand. The girl had a natural beauty which seemed to have slightly diminished under the circumstances of her profession. He could read the fear in her blue eyes when his dark gaze met hers. He laid one hand on her slim waist, and murmured softly in her ear: “Did you already know that you have the most stunning eyes of Tortuga?”

-----------

Liam laughed heartedly at Guin's remark before answering in a serious tone: "Aye, you are right once again. I will only be kissed by unfamiliar girls.." And he playfully took Guinevere's hand and placed a light kiss on her pale skin.

His gaze went over Cairbre, as Guin turned her attention on him and a smirk appeared on his face. It had always surprised Liam how Guinevere, a woman of great intellect and understandment, could not sense the obvious adoration Cairbre cherished for her. Even an blind man could see it, yet Guin did not, or perhaps didn't want to see it.
Liam thought that Cairbre's longing was almost sickening. He had never gotten along Guinevere's companion, with his haughty manners and his obvious disdain for him.

The smirk on his face turned into a wide grin as he heard Eagle's remark. "On the contrary my friend.." he said, not affected by the man's reproach. "My intentions have always been clear. I mean what I say, and I say what I mean.. is it not, Guin?"

He clapped Cairbre on the shoulder before adding: "Your intention, though, have been quite ambiguous.."

-----------------

Salma could cry in despair, as she watched the ship sail by without noticing her. But then suddenly a rope was thrown overboard, the proof that someone aboard had seen her. A fast a she could with her stiff limbs, Salma swam towards the floating rope and clinched to it with all her strength before she was pulled aboard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 25th, 2010, 11:54 am 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

“Eve,” Edward spoke firmly, his eyes blazing in the candlelight. If something was wrong, he certainly wanted to know, and by the way his cousin and her friend were acting, everything clearly wasn’t all right. Edward wasn’t simply someone who would sit by while the situation worsened - especially if there was an easy way to resolve it. “Just tell me what you need to say… If there’s something going on, I need to know about it.”

Robyn shook her head in frustration. There was no point in trying to make Eve talk if she insisted on avoiding and running away from her problems. But didn’t she realize it would only make things worse? She’d live in regret for the rest of her life, always wondering what would have happened if she’d simply blurted it all out and put her cards on the table, so to speak. “Forget it, Ed, it’s really nothing,” his cousin replied, motioning for Eve to start walking away. “Just, get some sleep. You’ve got a busy week ahead of you and you look downright exhausted.”

Edward, a bit confused and not quite understanding, simply nodded with a bemused smile before bidding the two women goodnight and locking the door to his cabin. Robyn continued down the hallway ahead of Eve, feeling angered and flustered at the same time. She said nothing, though it was obvious by her body language.

--------------------

<i>He said yes… I knew he would, but… it feels so incredible to hear it out loud…</i> Soren was lost in his thoughts as he was pulled along behind Dante towards Aurora-Rose’s cabin. The excitement growing in his veins made it difficult to breathe; he felt so lightheaded and out of it as though he were having an out of body experience. It was difficult to believe that he and Dante were finally going to make such a huge commitment, but the situation became real with Dante’s excited words to their mutual friend.

All thoughts of Eve were forgotten as Vari laced her arms around Dante’s torso and rocked their bodies forth and back. “Gallows, I’m so happy for you! For the both of you, really - seems as though a double wedding is in order…”

Soren couldn’t help but grin at his soon-to-be-husband’s enthusiasm, nodding at Vari as she mentioned the idea of a back-to-back marriage ceremony. He could feel his heart flutter in his chest each time he glanced at Dante. Love seemed to be spreading across the ship like an untamable wildfire, catching onto one person, then the next.

--------------------

Barbossa listened carefully to the story that Andrea had to tell; for certain she had been through a life of hurt and disappointment the same as him. Yet if anything, she had managed to remain strong and put the past behind her well enough to become his first mate. He found himself reminiscing of his childhood, the hardships his family had been put through and what it was like growing up on his own. He had learned how to shut out the world and leave well enough alone. But Andrea had thrown open those locked doors and was bringing out the emotions hidden inside him that he thought he’d never have use for again. <i>And I love you whether you think I ought to or not.</i> With those words, Hector was brought back to the reality of their current situation. He eyed the blonde carefully, all hardness gone from his expression to be replaced with that of sympathy. “I have done things I ain’t proud of,” Barbossa began, standing from the table to brace his hands on Andrea’s shoulders. “An’ I’m sure ye wouldn’t believe me if I told ‘em t’ ye. But everythin’ ye an’ I ’ave done together, I wouldn’t trade it fer th’ world.” His eyes shone with a certain vulnerability to them, something that was absolutely rare for Hector to reveal. But this woman was different from all the rest, and deep within he knew it.

[[Not sure where to put Grant in just yet… going to hold off on that until the opportune moment presents itself. ;-) ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 25th, 2010, 2:03 pm 
Maia
Maia

(I’m sorry for the long, looong post, guys! But I’ve been plotting a lot of drama :lol: :pirate: )

Eve watched Edward as he spoke, observing the way his eyes shone. In that moment she longed to speak the truth, to tell him everything. But somehow, she simply could not; her throat had closed up, dry, allowing no words to escape. She felt ridiculously flustered, and could find no way to source any kind of calmness. Like Robyn, she was frustrated; frustrated with herself. She was giving up on Ed, without even trying to fight.

Casting one last glance at him, she hurriedly followed Robyn from the room, her footsteps swift. She heard the door click behind her and Ed turning the lock. She felt as if he was locking her out of his life. Following Robyn down the hallway, Eve’s thoughts were tinged with regret and bitterness. Her friend still had not spoken to her.

“Robyn…” hurrying to catch up with her, she touched her friend’s arm. “Robyn, I’m sorry. What did you expect me to say? ‘Ed, I’m so completely, madly, devotedly in love with you that it makes me feel sick?’ What kind of mad person would he take me for?”

She stopped in her tracks, keeping her hold on Robyn’s arm so that she had to stay with her. A small pause reigned, and Eve never broke her gaze. Her blue-grey eyes were very steady, though they ached with sadness. She took a deep breath, so that when she next spoke she sounded a little more calm. “I know you meant well, and I’m so grateful to you. But some things… some things don’t work out, no matter how much we want them to. Nothing apart from me getting completely rejected would have happened if I’d told him how I felt.” Her voice broke a little, but she continued. “And then… it would have been unbearable.”

She still held on gently to Robyn’s arm. She would not be able to stand it if Robyn turned against her; she was her best friend, and that friendship between them was the only good thing in her life. “I’m sorry,” she repeated softly. “I just… I just didn’t want to risk him hating me.”

She glanced back towards Ed’s locked door, longing to rush back and call through to him. The wish was so strong, so powerful that it made her shiver. It felt as if he had weaved a spell over her, a spell that could never be broken. Looking back at Robyn, her brow was creased.

“If I could tell him, I would,” she said quietly. “Believe me, I would, without a second’s thought. In fact I’d knock down that door, and tell him right now. But there’s something within me that won’t allow myself to be that brave. I’m not like that.” She paused, suddenly.

A sudden thought had come to her, creeping up on her when she least expected it, when she had made her mind up already. There was something that frightened her about the way her next words slipped out. “Maybe… maybe I should send him a note,” she whispered.

~~~

As Cairbre listened to Liam’s smiling reply, he felt a sudden surge of anger. How he hated the man; and he knew that, despite Liam’s jovial manner, that the feeling was utterly mutual and that his grin didn’t go any deeper than the surface. Cairbre was sick of his smart remarks, his jokes, those endless smirks.

It was true that his intentions had always been clear – as far as his intentions towards Guinevere went, anyway. From the first day he’d met her he’d set out to claim her, and Cairbre resented him deeply for this. Cairbre had been trying to get Guin to notice his affection for her for ten long years, and it infuriated him that Liam had been able to accomplish what he had not.

Cairbre glanced down at Liam’s hand on his shoulder. He had truly had enough; he had no wish to play in this charade anymore. What was the point? His jaw momentarily tightened with irritation at the other man’s remark, but then he smiled and ever so slightly shook his head. He shrugged Liam’s hand off.

“Both you and I know we are not friends, so don’t address me as such,” he said, simply. “I wonder how you feel you have the right to make such a statement about ambiguity. You, who’ve known both Guinevere and I all of five minutes. You know nothing about me and my intentions, which, might I add, have always been strictly honourable. Sadly I don’t think I can say the same for you.”

Guinevere stood by, looking between Cairbre and Liam. The conversation seemed to have taken an obviously serious turn, despite the light-hearted manner Liam adopted. Her smile had slowly but certainly drained away from her features, to be replaced by one of confusion.

She folded her arms, her brow slightly furrowed. “Alright, whatever this is, just stop it, the both of you,” she said. Her tone was firm, but she still looked unsure. She looked at Cairbre; his expression was unusually determined, but when he caught her gaze something in his eyes seemed to change. Half-sadness, half-hope… something unreadable.

Perplexed, Guin shook her head and diverted her gaze, the moment passing. “Just… what is going on, may I ask?” her voice faltered slightly. She knew that Cairbre and Liam weren’t exactly the best of friends; she’d always known that they’d never really get along that well. “Intentions? Ambiguity? Would someone care to perhaps inform me further of the nature of this disagreement?”

Somewhere, deep in her heart, she knew what was going on, but her mind refused to make sense of it. That her oldest friend might be in love with her was something she had never considered. They had known each other so long, and knew one another so well; that he might have been keeping this secret from her was far too much to take in.

But, in all honesty, the truth had been right there in front of her eyes, if she’d wanted to see it; the way Cairbre smiled at her, the way he bowed over her hand in the manner of a gentleman saluting a lady. All these little things. But it was too difficult to accept.

Cairbre remained silent, taking a deep intake of breath. He glanced towards Liam, wondering if the man would reveal exactly what was going on. Looking away quickly, he observed Guinevere, who stood between him and Liam. She still looked puzzled. Full realisation had not hit her yet, but with a few words the truth might come crashing down around her, and then Cairbre had no idea what would happen.

Perhaps her knowing was for the best. Perhaps then Cairbre might have a chance with Guin. He did not know what her reaction would be. Very quietly, he said, “take a guess.”

The pause that followed was almost unbearable, filled with a silence so long that Cairbre thought Guin would never reply. Her expression was still brimming with confusion; she glanced first to one side of her and then to another, as if to seek assistance from someone who might have a better idea of what was happening here. And then she met Cairbre’s gaze, and what she saw in his eyes suddenly seemed to awaken her to the so clearly obvious.

His gaze never broke from hers, in that long moment. It was intense, unswerving; it held what she had caught before, that hopefulness, yet at the same time a ruefulness. So much love was in that one look, as a sad half-smile broke across Cairbre’s lips.

Guinevere was not a foolish person. Her inability to understand Cairbre’s love for her was not born of stupidity of any kind; rather, her friendship with him went too deep, too far back for her to comprehend any other kind of relationship with him. She had not opened her eyes properly to the fact that he loved her. The confusion was slowly melting away, giving way to dawning realisation. Very slightly, she shook her head.

“Cairbre,” she whispered, “you’re not saying what I think you’re saying. Please tell me. It’s not what I think.”

Cairbre took a half-step towards her. In the midst of this he seemed to have quite forgotten about Liam. Guin took a deep inward breath, trying to make sense of what was happening. Time seemed to be moving at a very slow pace. Cairbre, almost as if he did not want to startle her, very slowly lifted his hand up to touch her jawline. It was the smallest of touches, he only brushed his fingertips gently against her pale skin.

Guin looked up at him. She had not moved away yet. To her own horror, her eyes had filled with tears. They were tears of disbelief, tears of anger at her own inability to see the truth.

“How could you ever doubt that it’s true?” Cairbre said, gently. “Guin, I love you. I always have, and I always will. All these long years I’ve stood your friend, I’ve been willing to lay down my very life for you; I would, if you so wished it. You are everything, everything to me.” His voice was hushed. Still he did not break his gaze, and neither did Guin.

Her tears brimmed over, spilling down onto her cheeks, as she took in his words. She could read in his face that what he said was true. How could she have been so blind, all this time? It had all been so obvious. So utterly, utterly clear that even the blind could see it. Everyone had known Cairbre’s love for her, except she herself.

Finally, she took a step back, his hand falling from her jawline. She turned her head to look at Liam, her cheeks tearstained. He must have known, too. He must have seen it. Yet he had said nothing. Well, how could he have? It would have ruined everything they shared. Cairbre was part of Guin’s life, and the damage that such a revelation might have caused between Liam and Guin would have been unthinkable.

Yet the revelation had unfolded, now. It was all undoubtedly out in the open. Guin looked away from both Cairbre and Liam, walking towards the rail of the ship. She gripped the rail, her hands bunching into fists, her knuckles turning white. The tears continued to flow; she wished she could stop herself, but her shoulders shook as she wept, and there was no disguising it.

“Guin…” Cairbre stepped forward, wanting to see that she was alright. He cast a glance at Liam, wondering what the other man made of all of this. He could guess well enough. Liam probably felt like throttling him for speaking out. But Cairbre could not help feeling relieved that Guin now knew of his feelings; relieved, but regretful for making her weep.

Guin lifted her head, her back still turned. A few stray strands of her hair flickered in the breeze, and she brushed them back out of her eyes. Her eyes were still damp. Turning around, she looked at Cairbre and Liam.

She wiped at her tears, scarcely believing that she had descended to crying. Through eyelashes spiky with tears her gaze settled on Cairbre, and she finally spoke. “Why did you not tell me?” her voice was slightly hoarse.

“Because I always believed that it was best if you did not know. If you had wanted to see, Guin, the truth of how I feel was always there; but you did not, and I thought that things were best kept as they were – my feelings left unspoken, so that I had no chance of rejection.”

Guin’s head dropped very slightly. She suddenly felt unbearably ashamed. Ten years Cairbre had kept silent, silent for her, so that their friendship was kept comfortable and uncomplicated. Now, it was anything but. Everything had changed in moments.

She found now that she could not speak; she could think of nothing to say that would make any of this right. She was very conscious of both Liam and Cairbre standing there, yet she did not know how to move, how to do anything at all. She felt utterly broken in so many ways, and she hated herself for it, she, who had always prided herself on being so strong.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 25th, 2010, 4:35 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Shiloh was finally over his sea-sickness it seemed and fell into a deep sleep free of nauseous stomach and churning images, but that didn't last very long. His mind had drifted off into a whole other world when he was awaken by a very painful thwack to the underside of his chin.

It felt as if someone had just punched his jaw with a mallet, but it was a very precise way to wake a person up. The sudden alarming awareness left him a bit disoriented... dark eyes moved rapidly while a hand grasped his jaw trying to figure out what was going on... then he heard the screaming.

"Zoë? What's wrong..." All pain was pushed back at the sight of the blond in apparent distress. Shiloh wrapped his arms around the woman and pulled her to his chest, hands running through tousled locks while he started to slowly rock the girl to help her calm enough that she could tell him what was wrong with her.

------

Nadia nodded her head in agreement, a small smile creeping up on her features when she felt the man's gaze sweep over her form. Nadia had experience a lot to know when a man was looking at her in such a way, like the way Lance was now. So she arched her back a bit and tossed her head just a bit more so that the length of her sunkissed neck was showing and all her angles easily viewed and admired.

Isabella too felt the gaze but let her mind wander, something she did often to pass the time when Vincent was hellbent on a mission. Though she was brought out of her daydreaming when she heard Bethany calling out to her... "What now" Is muttered to herself as she moved over to the other side of the ship where Bethany was struggling with a bit of rope that was dangled over the side of the ship.

"Man, well woman overboard..." Bethany shrugged and motioned with her head for Isabella to take the rope and help her, which she did. Together the girls brought the tanned woman out of the water and onto the deck of their ship.

"What were you doing floating around in the water..." Bethany asked, as if she thought this woman had just been spending some frivolous time swimming in the middle of the ocean.

-----

Dante didn't think he could feel so much love radiating through him until Soren proposed to him and he had accepted. A sense of wonder had filled him knowing that in just weeks he would be Mr. Davereux... well they hadn't discusses names yet but he would be honored to take on the name of his lover.

A laugh rippled through him as he was gathered up in the arms of the brunette and could only hug her back, arms being thrown over her shoulder as they mocked danced about the room talking of double weddings.

"Indeed..." Was all Dante could say through his constant grin, eyes moving from watching the equally happy face to his lover who was standing back and just watching them. Just seeing Soren standing there in his own proud happiness was enough to cause Dante to tear up, smile only growing wider. "Now where is the future groom-to-be Vari? I feel we need to celebrate...." He'd personally celebrate with Soren later...

Love was indeed spreading like wildfire, even to those who had written off love long ago. A-Rose sat back on her bed and just watched the two men and Vari basking in their pre-wedding glow. It was quite beautiful but she couldn't help feel a bit envious of her friends. There had been a time when she was sure that she had found the one she would spend the rest of her life with, but that relationship had ended in a very strange way... she didn't even know if it was truly over. These thoughts took away her smile and furrowed her brows for a brief moment but it didn't last long. It was hard reminiscing in the drudges of the past when Dante was pulling Soren towards him to join Vari and himself in a now threeway dance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2010, 7:27 pm 
Istari
Istari

“I think you under estimate my mind’s abilities Hector.” Andrea stated emotionlessly. “But to be quite honest I don’t care what you have done in the past, nor shall I make you elaborate, you have been good to me and that is all I would ever ask for. Right now this is what I care about.” She placed a hand gently over his heart and stroked his chest with her thumb. She wasn’t completely sure what she was doing. Her eyes searched his, her head filled with confusion and unrest. She regretted not keeping her mouth closed and lips to herself, for her actions appeared to have complicated things further. She was a fool, an over-emotional fool who had let her feelings get the better of her in the heat of the moment. With that thought she asked the question which would make or break their relationship, whatever it was. “So where do we go from here?”

-

Zoe felt Shiloh’s arms around her, felt his hands in her hair and that only made the cries come harder, more hysterical. She desperately clung to him as he rocked her, tears streaming from her eyes. Eventually her racking cries faded into muffled sobs, which faded into occasional snuffles and sniffs. It was then that she spoke, her voice shaking.
“We’re heading into a bloodbath.” She choked out. “I-I saw you, you died in my arms a-and there was a women, a-and a man. H-he killed her, then he was going to kill me. A-and the sea; the sea was red with blood and b-bodies.” She pulled away from Shiloh’s chest and rested her forehead against his. “Y-You died in my arms and it was so real.”

[[That’s all I could come up with I’m afraid, didn’t really see the point of having Noirin, Liam, Kayla or Lance in this post as there wasn’t much for them to be doing. Maeth I didn’t post for Jack as he’d just be watching Christine but I will post for him next I promise.]]

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2010, 9:07 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(No worries, Lothy! I'll have a post up later tonight that hopefully moves things along. I'm ready to get everyone out of Tortuga. Haha.)

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2010, 11:53 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Grant was patrolling the main deck of the <i>Pearl</i> in the early morning hours - all right, so it was more like wandering aimlessly about, eavesdropping on the conversation between Guin, Cairbre and Liam, but as he leaned over the railing, he could not believe his eyes. Straining through the dark, he could make out a figure adrift in the ocean and stepped back, cupping his hands to his mouth. “Man overboard!” He called to all who would listen while trying to find a rope to throw to the drifting body.

“Well, ‘Drea, I think tha’ we should…” From inside his cabin, Hector could hear Grant’s cries for assistance. <i>Man overboard!</i> “…discuss this at a later time.” Standing suddenly and reluctantly, he motioned for Andrea to follow, throwing open the door to his quarters and looking about the deck. He spotted Grant and the others hauling up a blonde girl and two others, the three of them looking pale and rather lifeless. They could even be dead bodies for all Barbossa could tell. But something stopped him dead in his tracks, and that was the fact that two of the women looked awfully similar to the woman who had stolen his heart. Turning his grey eyes to Andrea, he watched her carefully, silently questioning if she knew them.

“They aren’t breathing, but I can feel a slight pulse,” Grant said in haste, knowing that they had mere moments to save these three lives. Thinking quickly, he pressed his lips to the youngest girl’s, knowing that mouth-to-mouth resuscitation was the only chance she had left. He mentally prayed that Christian would be understanding of the situation as he attempted to breathe life back into the young blonde.

[[The three are Noirin, Kayla and Lance (? I forget if he was the third person, sorry Lothy :blush: ) ]]

---------------

Robyn simply shook her head, pressing herself up against one of the wooden pillars below deck. “I don’t know. You can send him a note if you’d like. To be honest, I would encourage it. I just feel like you don’t know for certain until you’ve tried.” She was speaking in a gentler tone, having calmed down significantly with Eve’s apology and soft words. They were so close that neither could stay mad at the other for very long. “Perhaps we should catch a few winks while we still can - it’s naught but a few hours until daybreak, I’m sure. Promise me that you won’t let this bother you all night. Try and get some sleep, all right?” With a smile and the nod of her head, Robyn made her way down the corridor towards her cabin, disappearing beyond the door.

Once inside, she sighed and began peeling off her brown vest and breeches, folding them neatly and placing them on the wooden chair. Untying the bandanna from her forehead, Robyn tossed it with the clothes and, left in her long chemise, slipped beneath the covers of the bed. Her sea-green eyes were cast upwards as she thought the situation over. Edward and Vari were getting married in a week’s time and Eve was madly in love with Ed… sending him a note might very well ruin the entire wedding, but at least the girl’s feelings would be thrown out into the open. But how would Vari react? Turning over, Robyn blew out the burning candle and closed her eyes as darkness filled the room.

---------------

“I believe Edward’s turned in for the night,” Vari replied, laughing as she twirled about. “I would’ve done the same were it not for Aurora’s all-too-eager wedding preparations.” She glanced at the brunette who seemed to be reliving some sort of old memory. “A-Rose, get your ar<b></b>se up here and join the merriment… after all, your three best friends are about to get married, you know.”

Soren couldn’t hold in his amusement as he took both Vari and Dante by the waist, the three of them dancing like complete and utter fools. But he didn’t and couldn’t care. He placed both of his hands on Vari’s hips, snapping their bodies back and forth while the Spaniard laughed the entire time.

“Uh oh… Dante, I think Soren just discovered that he might be attracted to the female species,” she winked, all in good humor.

The grin on Soren’s face faltered slightly, almost being overtaken by laughter, but he managed to keep a straight face. “<i>Si, senorita,</i> for it takes two to <i>tango</i>,” the blond breathed in a Spanish accent, spinning Vari around to face him and grasp her hand in his own as the two began the fiery dance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2010, 6:03 pm 

Liam was only taken aback by Cairbre's boldness for a few moment, but then recollected himself. "Indeed," he started in a cold tone. "I could not call anyone with such self-importance and with the talent of degrading other people my friend."
He threw Guin an apologizing look. Even the redhead was aware of the mutual unfriendliness between Cairbre and himself, yet Liam had learnt to contain himself, for her sake.

Guinevere, on the other hand, finally seemed to have perceived that there was more going on than the usual bickering. Liam's usual good-humoured features in his face straightened when he listened to the other man's words and confession. His heart suddenly seemed to beat twice as dast and a sense of foreboding overtook him. Cairbre's declaration of love seemed to echoe in his mind over and over again. He had realised that the man would speak up one day, but not so soon..

With a grimace on his face Liam watched Guin. Her confused, even shocked, expression betrayed that she had not foreseen this. She had always been blind when it came down to feelings and emotions, as if she didn't want to think of them. Liam watched how Cairbre approached the redhead and wanted to pull his hand away from Guin's pale skin, which it now caressed, but he was unable to do anything but watch, as if trapped in a nightmare.

When Guinevere turned away in tears, Liam realised how beautiful she actually was. Her tears had surprised him at first, for Guin would never allow herself to show any pain or weakness. But her determination to conceal her feelings for the outside world had melted away upon hearing Cairbre's sweet words. Moments went by without a word being said while both men looked at Guin, both hesitating yet one eager and the other reluctant of her reaction.

Guin turned back towards them, her lovely face smeared with tears and asked almost pleadingly: 'Why did you not tell me?'
The tenderness in her voice expressed her wish to have known of his love earlier. The soft look in her hazel eyes betrayed affection. Her gentle manners suggested her love for him..

The dark-haired man turned away, unable to be part of a scene where he played the part of intruder.Jealousy had cut through him like a sharp knife, piercing his heart, when Guinevere and Cairbre had shared this intimate moment. The realisation, that their longlasting friendship had formed the foundation of a perhaps everlasting love, inflamed him with want. Only now he seemed to understand how much she meant for him, how much he desired her.

"Well, you must have lots to discuss," he said with a forced smile. "I won't disturb you any longer." With large steps he walked off, as he tried to surpress the urge to run back, to change things. Liam then recalled the look in Guinevere's eyes. She loved him, and had every reason to do so. She had known Cairbre longer than she had known him, and around her Eagle had always kept up pretence and behaved like a gentleman.

The salt evening air was this time not soothing and Liam leaned over the rail of the ship, staring into the star filled sky. But it brought him no peace. His mind raced over all occasions they gad been together, all missed oppurtunities to tell her how he'd felt. His heart was aching as he thought of what had been said and left unsaid only a few moments ago and at the thought of what he had lost..

----------------

Salma gasped for breath when she was finally pulled aboard. Exhausted she lay on the wooden deck; her surrounding was spinning. For a few moments she lay there, trying to steady her breathing until the quite absurd question of woman next to her seemed to get through to her.
"Didn't you know salt is good for your skin?" she managed to reply. The Mexican woman tried to get up and steadied her soaking wet skirts, ignoring her spinning head. She realised that she owed the people who saved her an answer, sooner or later so she added with a small smile. "I was a stowaway on a ship which left Tortuga recently. The Black Pearl.."

--------------

[ I shall add a post for Kaj when Mae has her post up! :) ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next