Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: :: PotC - The Blood of a Pirate :: [OPEN]
PostPosted: December 28th, 2009, 11:05 am 
Istari
Istari

<center>:: Pirates of the Caribbean - The Blood of a Pirate ::

This roleplay basically follows the Curse of the Black Pearl, but with our own characters added in. It will keep quite close to the originally stories, but there can be some changes if everyone agrees. Please no god-modding.

Canon Characters:

Jack Sparrow - Aramel Elyanwe
Hector Barbossa - Lothy Barbea
Elizabeth Swann - Lothy Barbea
William Turner - Will
James Norrington - Will

Own Characters:

Andrea Costello-Nightingale - Lothy Barbea
Nicolas Applegate - Calloniel PD
Carmon Applegate - Calloniel PD
Demarion Young - Calloniel PD
Everett Young - Calloniel PD
Gabriel Phillips - Pandora
Aurora-Rose Delour - Pandora
Dante Galloway - Pandora
Samantha Selby - Will
Liam - Will
Guinevere Elliot - ~Goldleaf~
Cairbre Eagle - ~Goldleaf~
...</center>

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Last edited by Lothy on December 22nd, 2010, 7:50 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2009, 2:08 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Awesome! I'm so happy to see this finally posted... it's going to be amazingly epic. :pirate: Now we shall just wait for the others...

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2009, 2:14 pm 
Maia
Maia

Can I join? :-D This looks so much fun!

Name: Guinevere Elliot

Picture 1: Guinevere 1
Picture 2: Guinevere 2

Personality: Guinevere is quiet, but confident. She seldom raises her voice above a low pitch, and has a skill for drawing attention to her words without appearing overbearing. She carries herself with a strange dignity befitting for a woman of noble status, but she has never revealed her past to anyone, and does not intend to.

History: Guinevere was born to a noble family as Amy Richards and grew up in a grand household. Her childhood was relatively settled, although she was allowed no friends, her parents considering friendship a weakness. She was given an outstanding education, and her mind was turned to literature. Her parents soon regretted deciding that she should be taught almost as well as a boy, since they believed that in order to make a good marriage a girl must not form ideas above her station.
When she was twenty, Guinevere was engaged to a rich gentleman, notably against her wishes, which meant nothing to her family. The day before her wedding, her husband-to-be fell ill with a fever. The groom’s family, who knew of Guinevere’s objections, accused her of ill-wishing him, in order to escape her unwanted betrothal. She denied all claims; but on her wedding day the groom died, and more suspicion started to grow around her.
Her family tried to protect her from the false claims, but eventually they had to send her away under the secrecy of night, fearing that she would be tried for witchcraft, despite her nobility. Her parents had two sons, so she was not necessary to their success as a grand family. They put about word that she had killed herself, and she was sent on a ship to the Carribbean.
She immediately changed her name and tried to build a new life for herself. Years passed as she worked behind the bar in taverns, and worked as an apprentice to a strange old woman in Tortuga who sold herbs and medicines to the drunkards of the town. But as time wore on Guinevere knew that she had to make a better living. At the age of 28 she took up piracy, working aboard ships, and greater wealth has followed ever since.

Apparel: Guinevere usually wears handmade woolen gowns in pretty patterns, with battered brown boots and a faded green cloak.

Weapon: Concealed in one boot is a dagger, and Guinevere also carries a broadsword strapped to a belt around her waist, along with two pistols.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2009, 3:23 pm 
Istari
Istari

So am I Aratman, let's make 2010 the year of the Pirates XD

And of course you can join Goldy, I've added you in :)

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2009, 4:07 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

I'd love to take Elizabeth Swann, if I may, as well as my own charrie - her or his bio to come! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2009, 4:50 pm 
Istari
Istari

Welcome Tur! I've added you in :)

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2009, 7:08 pm 

[ Ah! If Varianna, Edward and Andrea are in, then so will Sam :-D Although I'm not sure at what point of the storyline this will be :P I claim Norrie as well, if that okay ;) ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2009, 7:23 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Eeep! Teh RP has been started!!!!

please add Nicolas (no "h" in the name) and Carmon Applegate! :D (I might add more later... but then again I might not. :P) I'm working on revising their bios so those should be up at some point.

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2009, 7:34 pm 
Istari
Istari

Just goes to show how well we know eachother's characters when simply first names are enough to know who we're talking about :) Wait, that didn't make much sense...

Gah, I really want to start this now ^_^. Any objections?

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2009, 7:36 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

No, no objections, I guess... :P unless we're waiting for someone to play Will...

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2009, 7:39 pm 
Istari
Istari

Can't we just kill him off? Oh yus, Will. Should probably wait for someone to play him. Maybe.

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2009, 8:21 pm 

My bio!

Name: Fyde Jones
Picture 1: Fyde
Weapon: Many daggers are hidden around his body, usually in his boots and wrapped around his ankles and wrist. He also keeps with him a pistol and two long swords across his back.

Personality and history will be revealed throughout the RP.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2009, 8:34 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

My newly updated character profiles for Cole and Carm:

<center>[font=caribbean island]Nicolas Applegate[/font]

Actor - Ben Barnes</center>

Character portraits:
Photo #1
Photo #2
Photo #3
Photo #4

Nickname: Cole

Personality: Quiet and thoughtful Cole rarely spontaneously does anything. He’s a bookworm, studying a lot. However, he’s not quite what most of the people in his Port Royal society assume him to be. He has a eye for the unusual and a soft spot for… pirates. Not all, but some, yes.

Hair: dark brown (almost black) and slightly wavy

Eyes: brown

Date of Birth: March 21st

Clothing: typical fashions of the time. Rich coats, waistcoats, shirts, breeches, stockings, leather shoes.

Siblings: Carmon Applegate

Weapons: a sword and/or his pistol

History: Nicolas was born in England. His parents both lived their whole lives in the same small part of England where he was born. His father's name was Robert Applegate and his mother was Mary Applegate. After their marriage, they settled down and raised their family in the quiet part of England where they, themselves, had spent their childhood. His father was a merchant and his mother was a seamstress and homekeeper. Cole spent his childhood with his younger sister, Carmon, his only other surviving sibling. They weren't a rich family, but they were just as happy as the king himself. However, there was a nasty turn of events when Cole was thirteen. His father died of the fever and they were forced to make some drastic changes in their lives. The widowed mother continued working as a seamstress and by that time Cole was old enough to help earn money as well. Several years after the passing of Cole’s father his mother met and fell in love with a man in the British navy. A Mr. Nathan Jansen. After the marriage of Mrs. Applegate (now Mrs. Jansen) the family relocated to Port Royal where Mr. Jansen now lived because of his blossoming military career. Cole's feelings about Jansen were quiet and un-mentioned most of the time. However, he did resent Jansen for coming into their lives. While on Port Royal there was a variety of new people to meet and new experiences to be had. The least of which was the introduction to piracy and pirates in general which fascinated him. Although he was careful never to get caught, his heart went out to some of the poor, helpless ones and he couldn't avoid helping some of them. Curiosity killed the cat, as it were, and sooner or later Cole got drug into the adventures and antics of one of his actual (and probably the only one) pirate friends, Edward Blackhaven. From there he met and fell in love with and (eventually) married Charlotte Percy. Cole lost his little sister after she gave birth to Daviel Demarest’s*third child.

<center>[font=caribbean island]Carmon Applegate (Demarest)[/font]
Actress - Brittany Snow</center>

Character portraits:
Photo #1
Photo #2
Photo #3
Photo #4
Photo #5

Nicknames: Carms, Carm

Personality: Much of the time Carmon’s head is in the clouds. When she is comfortable she is carefree, spirited and dreams of bigger things… though perhaps she knows not what those “bigger things” are. Because when they come to her much of the time she runs away. Her spirit fails and she is very shy and timid. She is cautious of things out of her element.

Hair: blonde

Eyes: ocean blue

Date of Birth: December 18th

Clothing: a low-necked gown worn over a petticoat with a decorative stomacher, high, curved heeled fabric and/or leather shoes. In order to keep a lovely, pale complexion when she’s outside she’s wearing a flat, broad-brimmed and low-crowned straw hat tied with a fancy ribbon.

Siblings: Nicolas Applegate

Weapons: -

History: Carmon was born in England in the same home her brother was born in. Her parents were both born and lived all their lives near the small part of England where she was born. Her father's name was Robert Applegate and her mother was Mary Applegate. After their marriage, they settled down and raised their family in the quiet part of England where they, themselves, had spent their childhood. Her father was a merchant and her mother was a seamstress and homekeeper. Carmon spent her childhood with her only sibling, Cole, playing and enjoying her childhood. They weren't rich, but they were just as happy as the king himself. However, when Carmon was still quite young her father was suddenly ripped from them due to the fever and they were forced to make some drastic changes in their lives. The widowed mother continued working as a seamstress and by that time Carmon could help her some and her brother was old enough to help earn money as well. Several years after the passing of Carmon’s father her mother met and fell in love with a man in the British navy. A Mr. Nathan Jansen. After her mother's second marriage, they moved to the Caribbean where they finally settled in Port Royal where Mr. Jansen now lived due to his blossoming military career. Carmon was happy enough at Port Royal. It was exciting and bustling to her and she soon was grown into a young woman and had her eyes set on the future, a husband, a happy life, fashion and other fairy-tale-esque ideas young women might have. However, that was not to be for quite some time as she got drug into the adventures her brother got drug into…… Carmon and Daviel Demarest* did eventually meet and get married, however, and they had two girls of their own, Ebony and Ivory. One day, shortly after giving birth to their third child, Carmon passed away. The little child died several days after her, leaving Daviel and the two young girls on their own.[/color]

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2009, 8:39 pm 

I could play Will as well (ghehe suits my name :teehee: ) because Norrie will be quite scarce in this RPG if we keep ourselves to the story..

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2009, 8:42 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

^yay! *tacklehugs*

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2009, 8:55 pm 
Istari
Istari

EEE! Awesome Will, I think we're ready to start then. Erm, where do we start from though? Should we skip to where the Pearl attack or should I post for Andrea as they near Port Royal?

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next