Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10th, 2010, 4:05 pm 
Maia
Maia

Will wrote:
[ I have just been working on my post for 2 hours and my laptop somehow deleted my post.. *cries* I don't want to write it all over again.. :( ]

(Awww, I’m v.sorry, that sucks :( *hugs* It’s so frustrating when stuff like that happens isn’t it? :hug: But I’m going to cheer you on and send you inspiration to write it again soon! :-D Go Will! =D)

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10th, 2010, 5:07 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Unfortunately, I know that sort of frustration all too well - I wish you luck with rewriting everything, Will - and who knows, you may find that it turns out better than the first time. :yes: Consider this also a tiny bump up for PD and Lothy - no rush on replying, I'd just like to keep this thread up at the top ;) ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 12th, 2010, 11:07 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

[Just gonna do my Dem and Everett post for now whilst waiting for Lothy. :)

Aww, will, I absolutely HATE when that happens. :hug:]

Coming through the incessant noise of cannon fire and shouting, Dem could vaguely hear someone calling to them. His glanced around and, through the haze of chaos and smoke, spied a woman with two men by her side. He didn’t recognize any of them but, then again, he had only been in this town for a short while--He didn’t recognize anyone. His gaze went towards Sam as the woman was obviously addressing her.

His mouth partly opened to ask the obvious, “do you know her?” however, he stopped abruptly as it appeared that the women did know each other… at least slightly. Silently standing by, he listened in on their conversation while occasionally glancing around just to make sure the pirates were a safe distance away.

“This is madness!” Everett exclaimed, choking on his own horror as he heard their plan. “Steal a ship? Run off with pirates?” the look on his face was one of repulsion. This was where he put his foot down. This was getting too serious. These people were outlaws, pirates, and probably murderers. Two respectable (or at least one respectable) New England men couldn’t run rampant with characters like these! His brother had had his fun… now it was time to return to the real world. “You aren’t actually thinking of joining them are you, Demarion?” the fact that he used his brother’s full name was a sign of his serious concern. He met Sam’s sickeningly sweet smile with a scowl. That woman was nothing but trouble, and taking orders from her was a joke. He would have no part in it. And neither would…

“Indeed I am!” Dem recklessly grinned, thinking they had had this conversation only a moment before. His eyes twinkled. “Got a better idea? I think not.” He bounded away from his brother; part of him sincerely hoped to lose Everett now and never see him again. As much as he enjoyed it, he was getting sick of arguing about the same thing over and over. However, then he thought of his father… if he truly was sick he might be giving up the only and possibly last chance to ever see him again. A nauseous feeling of guilt ravaged his stomach.

“So, what is your profession nowadays?”

Good. Distraction. “Depends,” he shrugged, returning Sam’s grin. “whatever gets me from here to there and back, I suppose.”

In frustration, Everett paced a few feet away from where Cairbre, Sam and Dem stood. He dashed his fingers through his hair and stared around at the buildings without really seeing them. He could not believe he had been swept up into this. He felt like strangling his brother yet again. How could he not see sense? Why did he insist on acting rashly like this? He was reeling with frustration.

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 13th, 2010, 7:40 pm 

Liam listened quietly to Guin's words, his hand still in hers. Anger and pain welled up as she indirectly asked him about his past and spoke of piracy. Did she dare to compare her situation to that of his? What did she actually know about him? Nothing. "Are you now actually-... I don't care-... Do not pretend that you know anything about me," Liam sputtered with reckless anger. "I have responsibilities where I can't walk away from now."
How could he explain the pain and humiliation? Why did he care so much for her to understand?

It was unfair of Liam to take out all his anger on Guinevere, but somehow the pirate attack had caused all his surpressed anger and frustration deep inside him to float to the surface. How tempting it was just to run away from it all, to forget and never having to return and face the problems he'd faced. To be free and to do as he pleased whenever he wanted. But you would still be a pirate.. a voice in the back of his head whispered. A pirate that killed and plundered, a marked man.. No he would never commit such crimes.. But then, taking a ship, would surely be considered as stealing?

Liam's anger had vanished as suddenly as it came. He was unaware that he was still Guin was still holding his hand as he inwardly still struggled. His dark eyes locked with hers when Guinevere started talking again. And as she spoke on, steadily and without hesitation, Liam's confusion gradually changed to surprise, satisfaction and even desire. The forwardness, which the redhead possessed, had he never witnessed in any woman before. In every aspect she was interesting; bewitching.

His heart started to pound even louder as he took a step closer to her and carefully wiped a straw of red hair from her pale face. "Guinevere Elliot," Liam said softly, a smile appearing on his features. "You are the most intruiging woman I've ever known."

He ignored how her face flushed with shame, but just looked at her beautiful face in wonder as she still struggled to explain herself further. How could such a woman see anything in him? But that thought did not occupy him for long. Liam immediately took a step closer when Guin withdrew and pulled his arms around her. "I did not mind kissing you either.." he whispered. "And I will never regret meeting you.."

For a moment he was just standing there, admiring the beauty of the woman who was standing before him, enjoying the touch of their embrace and hoping that it could last forever.. Then a grin appeared on his face. "Perhaps you better convince me that you're sorry for hitting me?" Liam said before pulling Guin into a passionate kiss.

-------

Sam watched how Guinevere was pulled away by one of her party and rolled her eyes. "It's not like we haven't all the time in the world.." she muttered before turning back to Demarion. Silently she watched him closely as he was still fighting with his brother. He looked older and more careworn than that she'd last seen him. And although their relationship had been anything but close, Sam always suspected that there was something hidden behind those frequent grins and witty remarks.

Completely ignoring Everet's glare -the man seemingly couldn't help himself being rude all the time- Sam smiled at Dem's words. "I already figured as much. You were never much of a pirate though.at least, not like the others anyway.." Suddenly Sam's freckled face flushed by mentioning such a detail from the past. She felt both embarrassed and awkward to remind him of those things of which she didn't have the slightest inclination to recall.

Hoping that Demarion hadn't noticed anything, the redhead quickly turned away, and pretended to look around to see whether Guinevere had returned. "We're wasting our time.." she mumbled. "If we not hurry, than these streets will be swarming with Redcoats!"

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 10th, 2010, 7:11 am 

[Bumpish ;) ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2010, 8:02 pm 
Istari
Istari

Elizabeth was not quite sure where her sudden brass and bravery had come from, but she was glad for its presence. She watched as the young man who had also been brought aboard stepped forward. In the light from the lanterns she was finally able to recognise him; he was Nicolas Applegate. They had never been on speaking terms before, but now she was grateful for his company. At least she wasn't alone in this mess of a situation. The blonde woman laughed at his comment about not being harmed, a cruel essence twinkling in her eye. The older man, Captain Barbossa as she now understood him to be, also laughed.

“I be disinclined to acquiesce to ye'r request.” He drawled and her brows furrowed, not quite understanding his meaning. “It means no.” She stared at him for a moment, not quite sure what to do next. An idea suddenly struck her however.

“Very well.” She said and ripped the medallion from around her neck whilst marching over to the side railings. She threw her arm out and hung the gold over the side of the ship and the dark waters below, noting the many worried noises from the crew. “I'll drop it.”

The captain looked to the rest of the crew sternly before back at Elizabeth.

“Me holds are burstin' with swag, tha' bit o' shine matters to us?” His tone changed suddenly to a less friendly one. “Why?” She looked at him in disbelief.

“It's what you've been searching for!” She said, a feeling of desperation setting in. “I recognise this ship, I saw it eight years ago on the crossing from England!”

The captain raised an eyebrow and looked at the blonde, the monkey on his shoulder chirping, before looking back at her.

“Did ye now?” He asked, his tone almost patronising. She glanced around at the crew.

“Fine.” She said carefully. “Well I suppose if it is worthless then there's no point in me keeping it.” With those words she wound the chain around a few of her fingers and let it drop considerably before the slack caught. The crew and captain jolted forward and she smiled knowingly. From behind her captain the blonde woman looked murderous. The captain himself laughed however, albeit falsely. Elizabeth retracted her arm as the old man stepped forward.

“Ye have a name, missy?” He asked and she drew breath to answer, only to be stopped by the warning her maid had given her earlier.

“Elizabeth... Turner.” She stated, shooting a careful look at Cole before continuing. “I'm a maid in the governor’s household.” She bowed slightly but when she lifted her head again it was to see Andrea looking at her strangely. Captain Barbossa turned away from her.

“Miss Turner.” He announce to the rest of the crew who jittered and began whispering amongst each other, before turning back to face her. “And how did a maid come to own a trinket such as that? Family heirloom, perhaps?” She didn't like the look in his eye as he studied her.

“I didn't steal it if that's what you mean.” She answered, insulted. He looked at her again for a moment.

“Very well, ye hand it over and we'll put your town to and rudder and ne'r return.” She wasn't quite sure what to do next, they obviously needed this medallion for something and she had a feeling that something wasn't good. She decided, however, that if they did indeed leave Port Royal alone then she didn't care. Carefully she dropped the gold into his rough, outstretched hand and in turn he handed it to the monkey that sat atop his shoulder, who then leaped upon a rope and out of sight.

“Our bargain?” She pressed and he gave her a dirtied look before turning away and nodding haughtily to the blonde woman.

“Still the guns and stow them!” Andrea called, starting to walk amongst the crew. “Signal the men and make good to clear port.”

Elizabeth watched and something dawned on her. Nothing had been mentioned about returning them to the fort.

“Wait!” She called, hurrying after the captain who was now walking away. “You have to take us to shore! According the the code of the order of the brethren-”

“Firstly,” Barbossa interrupted sternly, spinning on his heels to face her. “Your return to shore was not part of our negotiations nor our agreement, so I must do nothing! And secondly, ye must be a pirate for the pirates code to apply and ye'r not. And thirdly, the code is more what yer'd call guidelines than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Miss Turner.” He smiled at her cruelly before turning and walking away again. Seconds later she felt hands grab her and she was dragged away.

-

Andrea watched as the two newcomers were taken below deck. Something wasn't right about the girl, she claimed to be a miss 'Turner' but 'Drea didn't believe it. She spoke too well and held herself like a member of the gentry. She needed to talk to the captain. She looked for him before spotting him at the helm. His eyes were upon her as she climbed the steps and approached him.

“Hector,” She said carefully and he raised an eyebrow. “Are you sure about this?” His brows furrowed.

“Sure about what?” He asked, his tone gruff. “We have both the final piece and Turner's offspring, what be there not to be sure of?” She swallowed.

“But can we be sure she is who she says she is?” 'Drea continued, her voice low so the surrounding crew could not hear them. She leant against the railings facing Hector. “She doesn't exactly act like your typical maid.” His eyes narrowed and bore into her.

“What be ye saying, 'Drea? Ye think she not be Turner's kid?” He asked, impatience clear in his voice. “She be the same age, she had the medallion.”

“I know,” She quickly intervened, not in the mood for one of their arguments. “but at the same time I don't know, it just doesn't seem right, she just seems too...” She paused, searching for the right word. “Noble.”

“Aye and ye'd know all about tha' wouldn't ye.” Hector answered spitefully.

“And what do you mean by that?” She demanded, fire sparking in her eyes.

“I'll not be having ye start 'Drea!” He growled. “Why be ye looking to ruin this?”

“I'm not.” She sighed wearily. “But after ten years of this,” She waved a hand around herself. “I've learnt not to build my hopes up.”

He looked at her, part of his anger dispelling until he too sighed.

“Tell them they're to dine with us.” He said, ending the argument. “Give Miss Turner that old dress o' yers to wear.” Andrea looked surprised.

“We still have that?” She asked and he nodded.

“It be somewhere in me cabin, tha' old chest perhaps.”

She nodded, leaving him to his work and made her way to his cabin. She found the chest in question and the dress too, after shifting a few bits of paper. Carefully she lifted it out, the material rustling softly. It had been a while since she'd seen it but the colour hadn't faded and even the bodice was still ripped. She wasn't sure how she felt, letting this other woman, this stranger wear something that held such meaning to her. This had been the dress she was wearing the day a horrendous storm tore apart her ship and almost drowned her. It was the dress she was wearing the first time she met Hector Barbossa. It was typical possessiveness she was feeling; she didn't want it herself, but she didn't want anyone else to have it either. She mentally slapped herself; she was being ridiculous.

Gathering her thoughts she took ahold of the dress and stood up before heading down to the lower decks and where their prisoners were being held.

[[I know Lizzie's bit mainly sticks to the movie, so sorry for that but I didn't have enough inspiration to alter it. Personally I think it's all a piece of poop but hey, it's something right?]]

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 18th, 2010, 10:26 am 

[ Bump for Goldy ;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2010, 2:16 pm 
Istari
Istari

Bump for anyone able to post.

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2010, 2:40 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Here we go! =) I would have liked to post with Eve too, but anyhoo. :) BOAP needs reviving! :pirate: )

For a moment, when Liam erupted with fury, Guinevere had thought that all was lost. She had not raised her voice against him, even though anger boiled inside her too as he unleashed his frustrations, but only waited quietly, and when his expression changed, replacing his former anger and confusion, a hesitant smile crept up on her lips. Her breath hitched as he stepped towards her and brushed a strand of hair away from her face, and spoke words that made her heart pound harder than she’d ever known it to. I will never regret meeting you… Upon hearing this, she remembered how she had threatened him, promising that if he did not get her the Interceptor he would regret the day he ever met her. Her skin was still burning, and when she slipped her hand from his, Liam straight away stepped forward and took her into his arms.

Her smile widened as Liam looked down at her, and she held his gaze steadily, feeling as if she could drown in his dark eyes. She lifted her arms up to encircle his neck, feeling warm and safe in his embrace. Guin realised now that she had longed to be this close to him since they’d first met, although she hadn’t known it at the time. Memories of her shouting at him, hitting him, flashed through her mind; how could she have been so utterly blind? She had not spoken yet, simply letting his words soak into her mind as she smiled, her eyes shining.

And then Liam grinned, and spoke again. Before he pulled her closer towards him, Guin laughed and agreed, “I think perhaps I better had.” And then she was lost in the kiss, overwhelmed by Liam’s fervor. Her arms tightened about his neck, before she reached up, sinking her hands into his black hair, and gently cupping the back of his head to pull him closer as she returned his emotion in equal measure. Moments passed, and Guin had no idea how long they stood there. Time no longer seemed significant. She felt dizzy, swept away into a different world separate from the one she lived in.

Finally pulling back, she burst into a joyous, reckless laugh, her eyes gleaming as she raised one eyebrow. “Well? Are you suitably convinced?” she enquired, her arms still around him. “Because we can’t stand here like this forever. I need to know whether you’re coming with me now or not.” She knew the answer. He would definitely accompany her now, pirates or no pirates. However, even though time was indeed scarce, she could not help but indulge herself by teasing Liam. It was still hard to believe that she stood here in the arms of a man she’d only known for a day, but then again, life was full of surprises. Only for a moment did she consider the impact the knowledge of her new relationship with Liam would have upon Cairbre; the two men disliked each other intensely, she knew this. However, she shrank back from addressing this matter openly. Her friend would simply have to be happy for her, no matter how much he hated Liam. It did not occur to Guin that Cairbre would object to any man being with her; his feelings went far beyond those of a concerned friend. He loved her, and she did not see it.

~~~

Standing near Sam and her companions, Cairbre had made the mistake of looking over his shoulder again to see if Guin had finished speaking to Liam, only to see her kissing the man. Nothing could have pained him more than the sight of the woman he loved in another man’s arms. His face suddenly drained of colour, making him pale, his eyes darkening with distress, alarm bells ringing in his head. He looked away quickly, in shock, before abruptly removing himself from the company of Sam, Demarion and Everett, pacing away down the street, round the corner, where he could be alone. Despite the swiftness of his stride, his feet felt heavy, as if he was dragging himself through mud.

How on earth had this happened? What was Guin thinking of? Moreover, how could she do this to him? How could she? But Cairbre couldn’t bring himself to be angry with her, even in this situation. Although surely, her regard for Liam was a severe lapse of judgment? Cairbre regretted the harsh things he had spoken to the man, but he could not say that he liked him. The feeling of distrust and dislike was quite mutual between him and Liam.

Too long had Cairbre left his feelings for Guin unspoken, and it seemed that this was the price he had to pay for remaining silent. He couldn’t simply stand back and watch this nightmare unfold. But what else could he do? There was no way he was going to leave Guin’s side, abandoning their friendship in a fit of jealousy. However, he felt sure that if he had to witness Liam and Guin’s relationship, it would kill him. He already felt mad with envy and anguish. What on earth was he going to do?

His fists clenched as his brow creased. Cairbre felt all set to strangle Liam. Turning around, Cairbre faced a brick wall enclosing a house. There might have been a similar wall of bricks around Guinevere’s heart, preventing Cairbre from ever obtaining it. Overcome by fury, Cairbre launched his fist into the wall, before cursing loudly, wondering if he’d broken it. He shook his limp hand to see if he had; no, the bones were perfectly sound, but it was agony, and the skin of his knuckles was now bleeding.

He took a deep intake of breath, trying to calm himself. That outburst of anger hadn’t helped anything at all. It was no use being like this. He had to remain calm, or all would be lost. He couldn’t let Liam know exactly how far the extent of his anger went, although he supposed the man could very well make a shrewd guess. Above all, Cairbre’s friendship with Guin had to be preserved. He had to let her know that he was there for her, whatever she did. That he would always be there for her. If he did not stay, then Liam would have won – he had to make his presence felt. This was surely the only way to have some sort of chance of winning Guin’s heart himself, however long it took.

Leaning against the wall, Cairbre closed his eyes. “Guinevere,” he whispered to himself, his voice choked with grief. She was everything to him. He felt as if he was going insane. His hands shook slightly as he ran them through his hair in frustration. Dropping them to his sides, he tried to steady himself. He couldn’t allow himself to be weak. Examining his wounded hand, he cringed at how much it still hurt. Heavens above, how foolish he’d been… he was definitely lucky it wasn’t broken. He knew that something else was breaking though – his heart.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 5th, 2010, 7:26 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Edward shook his head as Eve spoke - he had no time for idle chatter. “It’s fine.” That was all he said in his haste, not intending to come across as rude to this woman. He had to get to A-Rose as soon as possible. Edward flew over the cobblestone streets with an unworldly swiftness, passing by rows of houses with darkened windows. He could sense the woman was close behind, though he didn’t know what her reason was for doing so, but she didn’t seem to pose any sort of threat.

As they rounded a corner, they came to an empty street where the destruction of the cursed pirates was evident. Smashed windows and overturned carts amidst the bloody bodies of men, women, and even children. These bloodthirsty beings were indeed merciless - all the more incentive to find Aurora and escape from Port Royal before Edward and Eve also became victims.

“Please let me find her…”

A few moments passed before his prayers were suddenly answered; Edward watched as Aurora, Soren, and Dante ran towards him. They slowed as they approached and Edward grabbed A-Rose by the shoulders, panting heavily.

“You need to come with me; I’ve been looking all over for you. We need to find a way to get out of Port Royal as fast as possible…”

“Good to see you again, Ed, though not under these circumstances,” Soren mused, running alongside him as they headed in the general direction of the Blackhaven residence.

“Vari’s at the house with my parents as well,” he said with an unsteady voice as if he had just ran seven miles.

As the quaint house grew ever nearer, Edward ran faster, bursting through the rusty gate and flinging open the back door. But what he expected to see was far different from what was actually there.

“Oh God…”

The house was in an absolute state of disarray. Curtains were torn from the walls, glass sprayed upon the wood floors, books ripped from shelves, furniture turned on its side. Complete chaos. As the pirates filed in, none could believe their eyes. It appeared as if some sort of struggle had taken place here, though it was unclear who had been the victor.

Edward’s body began to tremble as he stepped further into the mess, looking for a sign of life. A soft moan, almost inaudible, came from the front door. Laying in the doorframe, was his mother, Hannah, with a deep wound in her stomach. He ran to her side, kneeling down and inspecting the severity of her injury. “Mother… what happened? Who…?” Tears blurred his vision, running down his face and onto her blue dress.

“Edward.” A smile upon seeing her son. “We were attacked… by the invaders,” she coughed, blood dribbling from the corner of her mouth. “Your father and friend…” She fell into a violent coughing fit, gasping for whatever breath she could take. “I told them to go - they ran… Oh lord, help me please…”

“No… no, you have to stay, you can’t leave me…”

“I… always wanted to tell you… t-that - ”

“That what? What is it? Mother…” He shook her gently, but it was clear she had already passed. Edward cradled her lifeless body and sobbed, tremors causing his entire body to shake. He had just watched his mother die, and Vari and Harrison were probably suffering the same fate.

[[Not as much as I would have liked to write, but I’m kinda going brain dead after writing for the RP’s for four and a half hours straight. :erm: ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 5th, 2010, 10:01 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Here's my Eve post! =) )

Eve watched as the black-haired man shook his head and spoke quickly, her heart thudding. It was strange – the trust that was creeping up on her, taking her by surprise. What reason did she have to trust him? Maybe it was because she was alone, and afraid, having just escaped from prison and almost certain death. As he set out in a run, she saw no other option but to follow him, trying to match his extraordinarily speedy pace. She followed him almost blindly, fear pumping through her veins. She had no idea where Edward was going, nor did she care; she was simply desperate not to be caught, and sent back to that dreadful cell. She needed to feel fresh air on her face. Sprinting at the man’s side, Eve ran her gaze over the empty street they now found themselves in. What she saw was utter destruction. Broken windows, corpses… she heard Edward’s muttered words. Who was it that he wanted to find?

She could see that a group of strangers – strangers, at least to Eve – were running towards them, and she remained silent, sticking close to Edward, as he grabbed the woman’s shoulders, speaking of finding a way of escaping Port Royal. Hearing this, Eve’s heart leapt with hope. A way out! This was what she wanted, what she had wished desperately for. It seemed that she was not the only one in danger. She ran with the group as they threw words to each other, sentences she could barely comprehend. Her breathing was slightly ragged, even as she matched Edward’s speed.

She followed him through a rusted gate, and a back door, into an unfamiliar house, but was one that Edward obviously knew. Her eyes widened at the chaos that greeted them. Overturned furniture, broken glass… sheer carnage. A gasp escaped her lips, and her hands clenched. This was obviously the work of the pirates who’d invaded the port. Faced with such sheer horror, Eve found herself wondering why she had ever entered into the world of piracy. But she had to brush this from her mind – she was not like those pirates from the Pearl. She would never be like them.

Edward was trembling, and as he knelt by the side of an injured woman, all Eve could do was look on, finding herself shaking with similar distress, although she did not know this man, nor did she know his mother. But finding herself witness to such a terrible scene was heartbreaking. He was weeping now, as his mother struggled to speak through her blood, before her words were cut off by death, suddenly and mercilessly. Still shaking, Eve found that she could no longer stand by and watch. Edward may have been a stranger, but she knew all too well the grief of losing a parent.

Slowly, she crept forward, lowering herself to her knees, uncaring of the glass that surrounded her, despite her bare feet. She looked quite afraid as she slowly reached out her hand towards Edward, before flinching it backwards. “Sir…” she tried to find her voice. It came out quietly, but audibly. She wished there was something she could say to make this better, but there was nothing. She wished that she was Edward’s friend, so that she might offer some small comfort, but she had only just met him, and she was not sure if her presence was wanted. But she had nowhere to go, and no one else to follow.

Summoning all of her courage, she reached out again, touching his shoulder. “I’m so sorry… so sorry.” Her voice shook with emotion. She had no idea what to do. Saying she was sorry could fix nothing, but it was all that she could say. She watched him cradling his mother, sobbing out his grief. Eve felt as if a dagger had been driven through her heart. What was worst about all of this was that she knew exactly how he felt. She remembered hugging her father’s lifeless body in a similar manner, begging him to return to her, not to leave her alone in a dark and unfriendly world. Looking at Edward’s profile, she watched as a tear dropped from one of his eyelashes, falling onto her hand. With a deep intake of breath, she tried not to let herself cry. This wasn’t her grief, it was his. “Please, please let me help you somehow,” she whispered. “I know there is no way anything can be made right. Just let me help you.” Her mind rebelled against her as she passionately begged a total stranger, but she couldn’t help it. Glancing over her shoulder towards the man’s friends, she swallowed. They could not leave the woman’s body here. She deserved a decent burial; death had afforded her so little respect, she deserved an honourable grave. But she dared not mention this, for fear of speaking out of turn.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 5th, 2010, 11:52 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Aurora-Rose was more than pleased when she saw another familiar face. The more of them there were the more of a chance they stood against the others. She was a few steps away from hugging Edward when his arms wrapped around her first, shaking her slender body slightly.

"I figured as much. I know when I am not wanted in a place and clearly we are not wanted here..." She smirked, a trait that would never leave her even in the most dire situations. She could be a moment from death and still have that slight smirk on her lips.

Dante took his turn in giving his gratitude of seeing Edward and having another pirate on their side. He also bowed his head slightly to the woman beside Ed, from her looks he could tell she was one of them but he did not have time to question her before they took off again.

Five pirates ran through the burning streets of Port Royal before they ended up at their destination. Only it wasn't as good of a sight as they were hoping to find.

Aurora-Rose stood stock still at the scene unfolding before them. She watched as Edward cradled his dying mother in his arms, watched as the flames lapped at what remained of the Blackhaven household. She even took notice of the hesitant comfort that the blond woman was offering to Edward. It was enough to tell her that this woman did not know Ed...

Dante felt himself falling into memories of his past, memories that he often kept away with a lock and key. Leaning against Soren he took all the comfort the man gave him. They couldn't stay long, this he knew, but they couldn't just pull Edward away at the moment.

Aurora-Rose was having the same conflicting emotions. She kept looking over her shoulder, watching the chaos increasing and the bodies continue to fall and knew that the longer they lingered here the more likely they were to be the next victims to fall.

"Edward, we have to go... we have to find Varianna. I'm sorry but we can't stay here or we'll die too." She moved closer to the three bodies, placing her hand on top of his shoulder opposite of the blond's and squeezing it gently.

"There is nothing left we can do for her... you have to let her go." The words pained her to say. She wished she could offer something else, anything else. Some spark of hope but now was not the time... she only hoped Edward would see the sense in her words and heed them.

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2010, 7:53 pm 
Maia
Maia

(*Bumpedy* =D Sooo glad Lothy agreed to keep this open :hug: :pirate: )

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

A faint chuckle escaped Dem’s lips and his face lit up at Sam’s words. It was all too true that he had never had an ounce of pirate in him. He wasn’t made of the right stuff. All of this was undeniable truth, though, of course, to his brother he would try to deny it. Still, regardless, it was true. But his face took on a more solemn ambiance as he saw that she was digging the past back up. Like a flash of lightning, the pain her words brought back disappeared from his face. He had lived his life just fine running from it and hiding it… her words couldn’t stop him now.

‘Verett snorted at Sam’s comment about “Redcoats”. He would readily welcome them “swarming” the streets.

“Fear not, darling Sammy,” Dem piped up once more, “tonight the Redcoats have bigger things to worry over than several buccaneers wandering their streets.” his brow furrowed though. The guns had stopped roaring… it seemed that, in fact, the chaos was actually lightening. Cairbre left their group as well, leaving only Sam and Ev with him. “Perhaps…” he trailed off, “perhaps we shouldn’t tarry long though.”

“Indeed,” Everett finally stepped in, “it seems this party is breaking up. Let’s go.” With all his heart he wished Sam would go off as well - although her presence seemed to have a strange and somewhat mellowing effect upon his brother.

xxxxx

Cole stood there on the deck of the pirate ship, tongue tied, as Elizabeth handled the situation with extraordinary bravery. In fact, it probably shed a rather bad light on him that he let a young woman do all of the talking and bargaining.

He was looking down, chewing on his lower lip, hoping to get out of there as soon as possible when he heard Elizabeth declare that she was a Turner… a simple maid to the governor. His head shot up and he stared in shock at her, disbelieving her words and wondering what she was up to. It was only then that he met her eye - she gave him a look which told him to keep quiet. Still, he couldn’t comprehend why she had gone and lied about her name… unless-unless she was trying to protect herself. If the pirates knew she was the governor’s daughter then perhaps… they would hold her for ransom? Keep her? Do worse things to her? (not that he would let them!) But if she was only a maid maybe they would release them easier. That was all he could think of and it seemed logical. However, the effect her pretend last name had on the crew seemed to be the exact opposite… they took more interest in her now.

Frowning darkly, he looked around at the rest as Captain Barbossa and Ms. Swann continued their bargaining.

His mouth went dry with sudden dread and anticipation as Elizabeth handed the medallion over. The Captain left them. The blonde woman who had been by his side ordered them to leave port but… what about him and Ms. Swann? Were they not to be released after all? He dumbly watched as she overtook the Captain and some things were said, he couldn’t tell what over the yelling and talking of the crew. It apparently didn't matter though as the two of them were dragged below deck.

Locked below in a room together, Cole watched Elizabeth.

“Why’d you lie, Ms. Swann?” he quietly hissed, already thinking he knew the answer. But, indeed, this was a peculiar situation he found himself in. And, he admitted to himself, that it was awkward to be with the Governor’s daughter when she was dressed only in a simple nightgown. He shifted uncomfortably.

Before they hardly had any time to talk, though, that blonde woman came below deck with a gown.

xxxxx

"Carmon!!!" Margaret Applegate, their cousin, yelled, thundering into Carmon's room.

"What are you doing?" Carmon hissed, her eyes alert and terrified. In the dead silence which reigned while the cannon fire had ceased, Meg's yell sounded particularly loud in their quiet home.

"Something's terribly wrong. I can feel it." Meg rushed to her cousin's side and peeped through the shuttered window with Carmon.

The attack had been sudden. The two girls, whose bedrooms were side-by-side, had been going to sleep when the cannon fire had begun. Carmon's step-father, Commander Jansen, had rushed out, half dressed in his uniform with his sword and gun at his side. He had yet to return. Carmon had stayed huddled in her room, awaiting who knew what. Thankfully, their house was a ways out of the main part of the town. The attackers hadn't reached there... yet.

"Obviously something's wrong," She replied sarcastically. Softening, she said, "what are you doing running about? Where's mother?"

"I don't here the cannons anymore," Meg whispered, ignoring Carmon's questions. She kept her eyes on the outside. From Carmon's upstairs bedroom they had a decent view of a part of Port Royal. But mostly there were only flames and smoke to be seen.

"No," Carmon replied quietly, twisting her skirts worriedly.

"But Cole hasn't returned..." Meg looked at her cousin, worry etched in her young face.

"He's fine," Carmon replied... wondering if she even believed it.

"He's been gone since before it started... we should go look for him." Meg was determined.

"Absolutely not. It's not our place... and mother would never allow it."

"Who says it's not? And she doesn't even have to know. Come on," Meg tugged her cousin away from the window. "I'm not one to sit around when something needs to be done. We can help. We aren't just helpless women who swoon and weep."

Carmon did feel a little lightheaded and weepy and she certainly did not want to go out if there were still pirates abroad and ready to do who-knew-what.

"I will not be a helpless woman," Meg was insistent, like a bull-headed old goat. It reminded Carmon of her brother. Glancing at the window again, Carmon nodded. She had dressed herself when they had first heard cannon fire so she was ready. Meg had donned a pair of Cole's old breeches and a shirt, obviously ready to wear something she could easily move around in instead of Carmon's gowns.

Slipping down the ornate staircase, Meg and Carmon stole out of a backdoor and down the dark, moonlit streets.

[I figured they could meet up with Sam & Co. and perhaps hitch a ride to save Cole. There's girl power for you. ;) Of course, it'd all be at Meg's prodding 'cause Carmon would never do a thing like that alone]

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 8th, 2011, 3:41 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

A faint chuckle escaped Dem’s lips and his face lit up at Sam’s words. It was all too true that he had never had an ounce of pirate in him. He wasn’t made of the right stuff. All of this was undeniable truth, though, of course, to his brother he would try to deny it. Still, regardless, it was true. But his face took on a more solemn ambiance as he saw that she was digging the past back up. Like a flash of lightning, the pain her words brought back disappeared from his face. He had lived his life just fine running from it and hiding it… her words couldn’t stop him now.

‘Verett snorted at Sam’s comment about “Redcoats”. He would readily welcome them “swarming” the streets.

“Fear not, darling Sammy,” Dem piped up once more, “tonight the Redcoats have bigger things to worry over than several buccaneers wandering their streets.” his brow furrowed though. The guns had stopped roaring… it seemed that, in fact, the chaos was actually lightening. Cairbre left their group as well, leaving only Sam and Ev with him. “Perhaps…” he trailed off, “perhaps we shouldn’t tarry long though.”

“Indeed,” Everett finally stepped in, “it seems this party is breaking up. Let’s go.” With all his heart he wished Sam would go off as well - although her presence seemed to have a strange and somewhat mellowing effect upon his brother.

xxxxx

Cole stood there on the deck of the pirate ship, tongue tied, as Elizabeth handled the situation with extraordinary bravery. In fact, it probably shed a rather bad light on him that he let a young woman do all of the talking and bargaining.

He was looking down, chewing on his lower lip, hoping to get out of there as soon as possible when he heard Elizabeth declare that she was a Turner… a simple maid to the governor. His head shot up and he stared in shock at her, disbelieving her words and wondering what she was up to. It was only then that he met her eye - she gave him a look which told him to keep quiet. Still, he couldn’t comprehend why she had gone and lied about her name… unless-unless she was trying to protect herself. If the pirates knew she was the governor’s daughter then perhaps… they would hold her for ransom? Keep her? Do worse things to her? (not that he would let them!) But if she was only a maid maybe they would release them easier. That was all he could think of and it seemed logical. However, the effect her pretend last name had on the crew seemed to be the exact opposite… they took more interest in her now.

Frowning darkly, he looked around at the rest as Captain Barbossa and Ms. Swann continued their bargaining.

His mouth went dry with sudden dread and anticipation as Elizabeth handed the medallion over. The Captain left them. The blonde woman who had been by his side ordered them to leave port but… what about him and Ms. Swann? Were they not to be released after all? He dumbly watched as she overtook the Captain and some things were said, he couldn’t tell what over the yelling and talking of the crew. It apparently didn't matter though as the two of them were dragged below deck.

“Why’d you lie, Ms. Swann?” he quietly hissed, already thinking he knew the answer. But, indeed, this was a peculiar situation he found himself in. And, he admitted to himself, that it was awkward to be with the Governor’s daughter when she was dressed only in a simple nightgown. He shifted uncomfortably.

Before they hardly had any time to talk, though, that blonde woman came below deck with a gown.

xxxxx

"Carmon!!!" Margaret Applegate, their cousin, yelled, thundering into Carmon's room.

"What are you doing?" Carmon hissed, her eyes alert and terrified. In the dead silence which reigned while the cannon fire had ceased, Meg's yell sounded particularly loud in their quiet home.

"Something's terribly wrong. I can feel it." Meg rushed to her cousin's side and peeped through the shuttered window with Carmon.

The attack had been sudden. The two girls, whose bedrooms were side-by-side, had been going to sleep when the cannon fire had begun. Carmon's step-father, Commander Jansen, had rushed out, half dressed in his uniform with his sword and gun at his side. He had yet to return. Carmon had stayed huddled in her room, awaiting who knew what. Thankfully, their house was a ways out of the main part of the town. The attackers hadn't reached there... yet.

"Obviously something's wrong," She replied sarcastically. Softening, she said, "what are you doing running about? Where's mother?"

"I don't here the cannons anymore," Meg whispered, ignoring Carmon's questions. She kept her eyes on the outside. From Carmon's upstairs bedroom they had a decent view of a part of Port Royal. But mostly there were only flames and smoke to be seen.

"But Cole hasn't returned..." Meg looked at her cousin, worry etched in her young face.

"He's been gone since before it started... we should go look for him." Meg was determined.

"Who says it's not? And she doesn't even have to know. Come on," Meg tugged her cousin away from the window. "I'm not one to sit around when something needs to be done. We can help. We aren't just helpless women who swoon and weep."

Carmon did feel a little lightheaded and weepy and she certainly did not want to go out if there were still pirates abroad and ready to do who-knew-what.

"I will not be a helpless woman," Meg was insistent, like a bull-headed old goat. It reminded Carmon of her brother. Glancing at the window again, Carmon nodded. She had dressed herself when they had first heard cannon fire so she was ready. Meg had donned a pair of Cole's old breeches and a shirt, obviously ready to wear something she could easily move around in instead of Carmon's gowns.

Slipping down the ornate staircase, Meg and Carmon stole out of a backdoor and down the dark, moonlit streets.

[I figured they could meet up with Sam & Co. and perhaps hitch a ride to save Cole. There's girl power for you. ;) Of course, it'd all be at Meg's prodding 'cause Carmon would never do a thing like that alone]

-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 8th, 2011, 3:43 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

xxxxx

xxxxx

-sig by Loafers-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next