Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: *PotC ~ Nothing Comes For Free* [Closed & Finished]
PostPosted: March 27th, 2010, 7:51 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

<center>Image
Because everything has a price that must be paid before you can get what you want.
Created by Lothy Barbea & Aramel Elyanwe</center>

<b>Summary</b>: {Set 10 years before <i>Curse of the Black Pearl</i>} Almost a year after the <i>Black Pearl</i> was raised from the depths by Davy Jones himself, Captain Jack Sparrow and his crew of miscreants are doing what pirates do best: creating havoc. But it is a dangerous time for Jack, when he sets his eyes upon a quest to find the ancient treasure of Cortez, not everyone is happy with his place as captain and mutiny is in the air…

<b>Canon Characters</b>:
Captain Jack Sparrow ~ <i>Played by Lothy Barbea</i>
Hector Barbossa ~ <i>Played by Aramel Elyanwe</i>
Joshamee Gibbs ~ <i>Played by Maethoriel</i>
Pintel ~ <i>Played by Freya Baggins</i>
Ragetti ~ <i>Played by Freya Baggins</i>

<b>Own Characters</b>:
Andrea Costello-Nightingale ~ <i>Played by Lothy Barbea</i>
Varianna Korinda Degaldo-Pierce ~ <i>Played by Aramel Elyanwe</i>
Aurora-Rose Delour ~ <i>Played by Pandora</i>
Dante Galloway ~ <i>Played by Pandora</i>
Gabriel Phillips ~ <i>Played by Pandora</i>
Mary Ann Eliza Sparrow Gwendolin Nighthawk ~ <i>Played by Freya Baggins</i>
Guinevere Elliot ~ <i>Played by ~Goldleaf~</i>
Cairbre Eagle ~ <i>Played by ~Goldleaf~</i>
Rosalind Eagle ~ <i>Played by ~Goldleaf~</i>
Christine ~ <i>Played by Maethoriel</i>
Phillip ~ <i>Played by Maethoriel</i>

Feel free to ask questions if further clarification is needed.

Last edited by Aramel Elyanwe on October 10th, 2010, 4:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 27th, 2010, 7:52 pm 
Istari
Istari

SQUEEEEEEEEEE! <3

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 27th, 2010, 9:00 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Another RP... every time I open AU there is a new Pirates RP <3 and of course I must join... A-Rose, Dante, and Gabe for some added conflict!

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 27th, 2010, 9:01 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Yay Pan! Ha ha well hopefully this is it until we get closer to OST... then we'll post that one. Just make sure you have all of your charries 10 years younger ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 27th, 2010, 9:07 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

I cannot wait till OST!! Anyways, I had to edit some ages just so I could play them the way I want to play them ten years younger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 27th, 2010, 9:44 pm 
Istari
Istari

Can I join?

Characters (Cannon): Pintel (late 20s)and Ragetti(late teens)
Characters (OC): Mary Ann Eliza Sparrow Gwendolin Nighthawk

Profile:
Name: Mary Ann Eliza Sparrow Gwendolin Nighthawk (prefers to be called Nighthawk, allows Gwennie to Ragetti and Jack)
Relationships: Uncle:Jack Sparrow Half-brother:Cutler Becket
Appearence: Tall for her age, dark almost black eyes, dark brown hair in a ponytail, deeply tanned skin, knee high brown boots, loose tan pants, loose off-white shirt, red over-vest, black jacket with silver buckles, mischevious gleam in her eyes and permenant smirk on her face.
History: After she ran away from home at the age of ten, Mary found her uncle and has been traveling with him for about two years. Not much is known about her past because she stubbornly refuses to speak about it, however, she carries a small mysterious box whereever she goes.

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2010, 8:29 am 
Maia
Maia

Hurray! :pirate: Can I join with Guinevere, and with two new charries, Cairbre Eagle and Rosalind Eagle? (They're brother and sister - Cairbre’s featured a little in BOAP.) Their bios are incomplete, but I’ve been plotting about them for a while now. =)

(Here's what they look like...
Rosalind
Cairbre )

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2010, 11:45 am 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Okay mates, we'll be starting this as soon as Lothy posts her opening for Jack and then go from there. :pirate: ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2010, 12:41 pm 
Istari
Istari

[{Here it is mateys, enjoy :P]]

Captain Jack Sparrow was faced with a problem, well two problems really, the first being that he was standing at the wrong end of a soldier’s bayonet, the second being that said soldier with said bayonet was standing between him and his exit. He would have pulled out his own pistol and shot the *beep* down then and there, if it wasn’t for the heavy chest he grasped in both his hands. Okay make that three problems. He tried shuffling to one side, then shuffling to the other but to his dismay the soldier followed his every move.

“Here’s a plan, how about you put the gun down and not blow me to kingdom come, savvy?” Jack drawled with his usual charm and swagger.

“Drop the chest!” Shouted the agitated soldier in reply.

“Ah, I’m afraid I can’t do that mate, finders keepers, as it were and me crew wouldn’t be too happy about it.” Jack watched as the soldier walked slowly closer, keeping a tight grip on his weapon.

“I said drop it!” Jack paused and gave the soldier a disapproving look, before lunging forward, using the heavy chest to knock the bayonet out of the startled soldier’s hands and heading for the door, narrowly missing the bullets that followed him as the soldier regained his weapon and took aim.

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2010, 1:30 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Hey, Getti!" Nighthawk hissed from where she was hiding behind a barrel. "Where's yer uncle?"

The other teen, hidden across the road, shrugged. "No clue. Prob'ly followin' Barbossa. Where's yer uncle, Gwennie?"

Hearing gunshots farther down the road, the girl muttered a curse under her breath. "Knowing Jack, in the general direction of trouble. Let's go." She glanced around to make sure no one was paying attention, then dashed in the direction the firing had come from. Ragetti was close on her heels.

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2010, 2:24 pm 
Maia
Maia

“That’s just typical. We’ve lost her.”
Cairbre glanced anxiously down the street; his normally dark and arrogant expression was replaced by worry for his younger sister, who seemed to have disappeared entirely. He liked to make sure that she was alright; it was them against the world, that was the way it had always been for as long as he could remember. At least, that was the way things had always been until he had met Guinevere. Apart from Rosalind, she was the only person he trusted.
Glancing at the young red-haired woman by his side, he observed the turn of her head as her bright blue gaze strayed across the dark street. Looking back at him, she smiled. “She’ll be alright,” she said. “Rosalind can take care of herself – she’s not a little girl.”
“That’s half the problem,” Cairbre muttered. Guinevere just laughed and removed her pistol from it’s sheath. Her laugh was like sunshine to his ears; better than any music. His feelings for the vibrant, charismatic Guin were pretty much clear to everyone but the lady in question; sometimes he wanted to tell her more than anything, and other times he thought it would be best kept a secret from her. After all, Guinevere was not a woman who believed very much in affection. Pretty and soft-spoken as she was, she was much tougher than she looked.
“We’ll find her, don’t worry, Cairbre – first things first, keep a sharp ear. We don’t want some blasted redcoat pouncing out at us unawares,” Guin replied, and walked ahead of him along the street, forcing him to follow her.
She looked over her shoulder at him and smiled. It was hard to believe someone as fiercely intelligent and observant as she was could be so oblivious; but then again, things like love weren’t of importance to her. She considered a man’s regard as worthless, having had a bad experience in which she had been very nearly forced into an unwanted marriage, and all that had followed had been disastrous. She would never speak of it to anyone – not the accusations of witchcraft, not the flee from England, anything.

~~~

A pale-skinned, dark-haired girl in a black gown approached Captain Jack Sparrow from behind, wielding a pistol. She took one expert aim and fired at the soldier chasing the captain; it only took one bullet. The soldier, his face a mask of surprise, toppled to the ground and lay motionless. Smiling, Rosalind glanced at the chest Jack was carrying.
“How compelling,” she commented with a wink. Rosalind was a highly spirited girl and loved to tease people, even the captain of the ship she sailed on. She knew, in the back of her mind, that her brother would be worried about her after sneaking off on her own like that; but she simply told herself that he overreacted too much. She knew that he only wanted to make sure she was safe, but she liked to go her own way; and that included following her own rules.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2010, 8:51 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I'm in! I'll have me Gibbs, Christine, and a new character Phillip)

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2010, 11:51 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

It was amazing how much she had already learned. Before the Black Pearl she had only been on one ship and that was sailing to England from Ireland. At least that was a true sailing adventure. Now a few years later she was on the sea with a legendary man. Captain Jack Sparrow, a name known around the islands, famed for bringing up the Black Pearl from Davy Jones locker.

Aurora-Rose couldn't be more ecstatic, even though she was keeping a lookout with some of the other ship mates, making sure that Captain Jack came back out with the chest and only the chest.

"Do you see 'em? We've been waiting here for hours..." She asked anyone who was really listening, her words slightly exaggerated but A-Rose sounded convincing all the same. It was a talent of hers, even at sixteen.

----

Dante leaned back against the chair, feet propped on the table while cradling a half empty bottle of Rum, a specialty of Tortuga. It was the final bottle in his private stock and he was trying to savor the spiced liquor for as long as he could.

Jack sure was taking a while, but he had been sailing with the Captain long enough to know he had ways of doing things... unconventional as they may be at times he trusted Jack and knew things would work out.

---
Gabriel walked through the Port, taking the familiar path to the shoddy front door of the Delour's.

Lifting his hand he rapped once, then twice and took a step back. Blond hair neatly tied back with a red ribbon, his body donned in the traditional attire of the Royal Guard. He was not a member yet but since his father was a general he had a bit of leeway to wear the uniform.

No answer and so he knocked a few more times and when he was just about to give up he heard a voice from behind him.

"If you are looking for that young girl, she's been gone for a while. Left the port on some ship during the night." The woman said simply and then continued on her way.

A crestfallen look fell over Gabriel. Of course he should have expected Aurora would leave without word, but it still hurt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2010, 12:26 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Yay for another pirates rp! I'm excited to play young naive Christine before she was paranoid and Gibbs is always a blast. Haha

Panda: Do you mind if Phillip know Gabe since they are in the same area of work?)

The young blonde man of about 19 years pursued a comrade through the port. Namely, a very crestfallen looking Gabriel.

Phillip Radcliff rushed in a most unbecoming way for a member of the Royal Guard, but as a new comer to the place it was not so hard to play off later. Not to mention he was hoping to catch up with one of the only acquaintances he had in this city.

"Gabriel!" He said with a grin, nodding to a few women that walked passed who blushed and giggled at the man in uniform. "Why the somber look? It is a lovely day, there are pretty women and you are going to be in the guard this very week. Let's see some spirit man!"

------------------------------------------------------------

Gibbs meandered around with the rest of the crew waiting for their captain to return. Although A-Rose was exaggerating it was hardly by that much. The man sighed and began to pace again when he heard gunshots. There was nothing worse for him than waiting, but Jack had asked he and Christine to watch the younger members of the crew while he ran off.

"I am no wet nurse," he muttered glaring at the younger members' backs. He had not been for Jack taking on so many young members especially so many female ones. Of course he hadn't minded the addition of Christine even though she was of the same species of those that cursed a voyage - in his mind she hardly counted.

As if his mind called the woman she appeared next to A-Rose and laughed, patting the girl's shoulder in appreciation.

"Captain Jack will be back soon for certain. I hear the gunshots that tend to herald his arrival," she said dryly which was followed quickly by a bubbly laugh.

Christine was different from the other women around she wasn't nearly so volatile or perhaps as brave, but she did have the ability to talk almost anyone down. She herself with her own personal troubles got flustered easily, but with other she was a natural problem solver.

The redhead was always courteously invited on Jack and Gibb's little adventures, but she rarely attended considering if she left Tortuga for any amount of time her room would have to be rented out. Not to mention that it was hardly worth the trouble to go on the adventures when she made more strolling the docks - she enjoyed adventuring more though. None on the ship save Jack, Gibbs and probably Barbossa knew her occupation though it was hardly difficult to figure out.

She didn't advertise it like others in her position because she - unlike some - didn't feel it gave her any power. It felt that everyone who knew judge her, even if it was not always the case.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2010, 5:08 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Oh guys, sorry if I forgot to mention that we’re in Nassau at the moment… :frust: ]]

From his vantage point, Hector Barbossa was the first to see Jack running towards him with the chest in his hands, barely dodging bullets. “Hurry up, Sparra!” he growled, pulling double pistols from his sides and firing with deadly aim at the sudden stream of soldiers pouring from the timeworn walls, climbing down vines and ambushing them from, well, the bushes. <i>Damm<b></b>it, Jack, this ain’t what I bargained fer…</i> he mentally cursed himself, shooting a soldier that had come up behind him without even glancing backwards. Another man approached him from the front, charging at him with the tip of his bayonet aimed for Hector’s heart. But the scarred man was quick to pull the trigger, shooting the soldier between the eyes. “Arrrr, take that ye lily-livered swine!” Barbossa shouted, before letting out that infamous laugh that rang out through the evening air.

--------------------

Varianna Pierce trailed closely behind Jack and Rosalind, cursing their luck. Breaking into the establishment and locating the chest had been simple, and they would have been home free if not for that one bloody soldier who’d managed to signal the alarm and awaken nearly half of the Port. And never in her short career of pirating had she seen so many redcoats fussing over a stupid chest of gold and precious jewels. It seemed almost better to drop the chest and forget about the entire thing, as it were. But the ship was now in sight, growing ever closer as they ran, and Barbossa’s voice carried on the gentle Caribbean breeze signaled that they were almost free. Vari hurried to keep up, gasping as a bullet tore through her sleeve and grazed her arm, ripping a hole the crimson fabric. This was getting to be too dangerous for her liking…

--------------------

Soren stood behind his lover, ring-clad hands slowly massaging Dante’s shoulders. “This is taking forever… I honestly thought we’d be having dinner by now,” he muttered to no one in particular. Two hours had passed since they arrived and the entire crew was beginning to get disgruntled and annoyed with the situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2010, 6:01 pm 
Istari
Istari

Andrea flinched as she felt a bullet pass mere millimetres from her left ear. She was being chased, by the Navy none the less and they appeared to be catching up. A quick glance over her shoulder confirmed it. She kept her breathing steady and pushed on, coaxing her long legs to stretch out further. She’d been running for a good fithteen minutes and she knew that at some point her strength and stamina would fail. It was then that she realised there was an obstacle in her path; a four foot wall, she hadn’t noticed it before due to the darkness that surrounded them and now it was fast approaching. She now had two choices, to stop, turn and fight or to try and make it over the wall. She sized up the two options quickly. If she stopped to fight then she would most likely be killed, no matter how good she was with a sword, there were just too many of them. She had no choice now anyway, the wall was upon her. She took a deep breath and stuck her hands out and vaulted over the top of it. As soon as her feet touched the ground she was off again, the momentum of her vault sending her flying into something big and soft, before landing on top of it, the wind knocked out of her. With a groan she rolled off of whatever it was and gingerly sat up. As a cloud moved and the scene bathed in moonlight, Andrea came face to face with a stunned and displeased Barbossa.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Jack involuntarily yelped and ducked when he heard another gunshot behind him. Ahead of him he could see his first mate, Hector Barbossa and could just about make out him yell something about hurrying up. He heard more gunshots approaching from the side and just about missed colliding with Andrea as she vaulted over a wall, straight into Hector. He continued to run, yelling as he went, towards the docks where he had left his beloved Pearl

He leapt up the gangplank and spared a look behind him at just the wrong moment. As he realised that it was in fact Varianna and Rosalind who were following him, his boot caught and he fell down heavily on the deck, like a tonne of bricks and watched in horror as the chest left his hands and fell overboard into the dark waters.

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +