Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: // PotC/Modern Day :: High School Never Ends //
PostPosted: April 29th, 2010, 11:55 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

<center>:: Pirates of the Caribbean/Modern Day Crossover - High School Never Ends ::

This roleplay is basically what would happen if we took our normal PotC characters and turned them into teenagers at two modern day high schools: <b>Kaweoth Memorial High School</b> (Follows the American Schooling System) and <b>The East India Academy</b> (Follows the British Schooling System).

For more information, please Click Here

~ The rating for this RP is PG-13 ~

Canon Characters:

Jack Sparrow - Aramel Elyanwe
Hector Barbossa - Lothy Barbea
Cutler Beckett - Aramel Elyanwe
Tia Dalma - Aramel Elyanwe

Own Characters:

Andrea Costello-Nightingale - Lothy Barbea
Noirin Costello-Nightingale - Lothy Barbea
Varianna Pierce - Aramel Elyanwe
Edward Blackhaven - Aramel Elyanwe
Robyn Blackhaven - Aramel Elyanwe
Soren Davereux - Aramel Elyanwe
Gabriel Phillips - Pandora
Aurora-Rose Delour - Pandora
Dante Galloway - Pandora
...</center>

BUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Students scattered like ants through the hallways as they rushed to get to class, some tripping over each other in the process. Blurs of colors meshing into a sea of arms and shouts - the normal chaos. The more apathetic students straggled behind, some still barely awake this early in the morning, others just caring less if they were late because they were forced to come here by their parents. And others still, were having a difficult time trying to find spaces in the parking lot for their cars. But for most this was the normal day-by-day routine. "Get to class, people! C'mon, what'dya think this is - social hour?" Hall monitors and teachers ushered clumps of chatting teenagers. As if being one minute late was really going to do massive harm to the time they spent learning...

The PA System crackled to life through the speakers scattered across the Kaweoth Memorial High School campus at exactly 7:45 AM, just as they did every day without fail.

"Good Morning, KMH! Today is October 12th, Schedule 'B'. A note from Mrs. Barreda in the Health Room: 11th grade students are reminded to turn in their physicals by November 1st - those who do not do so will be excluded from spring sports activities. The KMH Cooking Club meeting for October 13th after school has been cancelled. From Mr. Slimmer: Have you completed 30 hours or more of community service since May 2nd? If so, your volunteer hours can be posted on your transcript! Print a verification form from the Kaweoth Memorial website and submit your hours by December 15th - return completed forms to Mr. Slimmer's mailbox in the main office. Attention Driver Training students - Due to the early dismissal on Thursday, October 15th, after school Driver Training is cancelled...."

Jack Sparrow sat beneath a gnarled tree and rolled his eyes. He put out the cigarette he'd been smoking on school grounds, not giving a rat's ar<i></i>se if he was caught. They didn't know the first thing about teenagers here - no, young adults was what they were, being seniors in high school. With a slight chuckle he shook the sleeping form on his lap, watching a pair of hazel eyes stare up into his. "Wake up sleepy-head; gotta get to class."

"Ugh, don't remind me," Varianna moaned, still a bit hung over from the crazy party last night. The fresh air and warmth of Jack's hoodie wrapped around her had helped dull the pain, but her headache had suddenly returned at the mention of a new day of school. "Is it really only Monday?"

"'Fraid so, doll," he said, hoisting her up with a grunt. "And we're gonna be late again... yeah well, it's not like they can give me another detention... I'm booked up 'till June and it's only the second month of school." Jack flashed one of those mischievous smiles and the two laughed as they headed through the metal doors of the school and slowly but surely found their way to first period 15 minutes late.

"One final announcement: as you all may know, Friday is this year's Field Day, in which we will be inviting our rival school, The East India Academy, to partake in a day of academic and physical challenges to prove who this year's best school really is! Come on, Kaweoth; we've got to protect our title as 4-year-champions! Have a great day and keep those minds moving!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 30th, 2010, 12:13 am 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

"You know that's bad for you, dontcha?" Dante said leaning against the side of the brick building of the school. His head tilted back looking up at the slightly overcast skies. Well what did you expect when it was 7:45 in the morning, not even the skies wanted to behave.

"So... I'm going to die from some sort of cancer anyways, why not let it be one that is caused by something I enjoy." Aurora said, slipping the white cancer stick from her glossed lips and letting her head loll to the side to face her friend.
"Want a drag before we have to get our asses to class?"

"I'm good..." Dante replied simply, tucking his ringed fingers into his front pockets. Although he wanted to get a quick fix of nicotine he knew he shouldn't. Why? Well he didn't really have a reason why...

"Don't want Soren to taste tobacco on your lips?" Aurora interjected Dante's thoughts causing the dark-haired male to grin but he didn't reply. Instead he reached over and took the fag right out from between Aurora's lips and tossed it onto the grass before his feet, stomping it out. Without a word or waiting for Aurora's reactions he went inside, slowly but surely.

"Son of a..." Aurora-Rose trailed off, too irritated and yet amused at Dante. She soon followed her friend into the school, everyone else was making their way to first period classes except one couple.

Aurora-Rose was sitting in the back corner, chair rocked back and feet resting against the metal bars of the desk when Jack and Varianna came waltzing into class 15 minutes late.

"About damn time..." Her words emphasized with a grin.

[Can edit if its not what you had in mind Ara <3 I am loving this already!]

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 30th, 2010, 2:05 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Joshameeeeeeeeeee!!!!" Whined a voice from over the back of the bench that undoubtedly belonged to a redheaded bother. He muffled it with a toss of his jacket which landed in her face.

Christine stumbled back and threw the offending cloth from her face which had turned red from embarrassment and annoyance. "This smells awful. When was the last time you washed it?"

"Calm down, Chrissy," Gibbs said lazily taking a swig from his vodka filled water bottle. "It only smells because it was last night's apparel. The party got out of hand I didn't have time to get changed this morning or I would have been late."

"Well, we will be late for class if we do not hurry."

"You aren't my mom," Gibbs complained although he was working to stand up anyway. Christine was like a little sister to him and he did not like seeing or listening to her distraught words.

He stood up and turned to follow her to class, but unfortunately her attention was turned elsewhere. He saw Vari and Jack walking together, and for a moment the man wondered if it were a small flash of jealousy, unfortunately the real thing that caught her attention was a dark spot walking towards them.

Christine let out a horrific sigh of obvious infatuation and Gibbs half wished that it were because of Jack. His thoughts were crushed when the walking, Gibbs was fairly sure he was a sociopath, Jonah Gow came up to his friend.

"Jonah," Christine said giddily wrapping her arms around him, Gibbs forgotten as he watched his near sibling walk off towards class. Jonah gave him a sneering grin and Gibbs hurried after them.

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 30th, 2010, 11:47 am 
Maia
Maia

Eve idly glanced at her watch as her battered white car, which was painted with pink and yellow daisies, thundered into the school parking lot, the windows rolled down, and the stereo system blasting out The Moody Blues indiscreetly. 7:45 am exactly. If she didn’t hurry up she’d be late for her first class, but that wasn’t exactly her main priority today. No one could ever be quite sure about Eve; some days her class attendance was perfect, and other days she would push the boundaries of “fashionably late” to the very limit. Managing to find a space, she parked her car and undid her seatbelt, swinging one of the doors open.

Leaving the music on, she reached over to the passenger seat and picked up her violet suede shoulder bag, looping it over her slim shoulders. She didn’t really see the point of being here today, other than to see Edward and Robyn. She had had an argument back at home that had got a little out of control, to say the least, and it had put her in one of her most melancholy moods – hence, The Moody Blues. Still, she had to start looking for an apartment of her own soon. She was only staying with her foster family now purely out of the kindness of their hearts (that sure made her want to laugh); once she had turned eighteen a month or so ago it had become pretty clear that it would be time for her to leave soon.

It was an odd feeling, feeling so unwanted, but Eve had been used to it since she was thirteen years old. Probably even before that. She switched off the stereo and jumped out of the car, slamming the door shut and locking it. A group of kids walked past as she flipped her blonde hair back out of the way from her shoulders. She glared stonily at them as she received more than a couple of surprised stares.

As well as not being an exactly average student, Eve was quite far from an average dresser. She liked her own style, and didn’t care what anyone said. Today, she wore a bohemian white dress, ‘60s vintage, a moss-green waistcoat embroidered with silver flowers and silver Grecian-style sandals. Her long hair was let loose, and plaited with silk daisies in a way that resembled a pagan circlet.

She walked away from the car lot towards the school, her expression blank. Suddenly, her cell phone started ringing from inside her bag, and she cursed, annoyed. She rifled inside her bag and pressed her phone to her ear. “Yes?” her voice was sharp and clipped with irritation.
It was her foster mother. It only took a few moments for her to lose her temper. “You can get lost! I know when I’m not wanted, so you can save your breath.” Angrily, she stabbed her cell off and continued walking.

Suffice to say, she was in an extremely bad mood today. Eve wasn’t usually an angry person – in fact she had an incredibly shy personality. But on days like today, her reserve disappeared. She needed to see Edward, then she would feel much better. He always knew how to cheer her up, and was the one person in the world who understood better than anyone else her various complications.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 30th, 2010, 5:29 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

For Vari and Jack, the way to class was always eventful. As they walked through pallid halls adorned by bright green lockers with hands intertwined, both smelling of smoke and liquor, not only did they receive a handful of <i>Hey</i>'s and <i>What's Up</i>'s, but also a handful of glares from teachers in the hallway that mostly were meant to say, <i>"I'm glad I don't have you as my students because you're probably just another bunch of defiant, hormonally stressed and sexually frustrated kids out to make my life miserable."</i> To those glances, Jack and Vari only grinned slyly and continued on their way to first period and took a seat in the back of the room, despite the fact they had been given assigned seats on the first day. Due to their constant chatting (even after being separated on the far corners of the room), the teacher had finally given up and allowed them to do whatever they wanted for sake of fewer headaches. It was only October and already it was going to be a long year.

While the other students listened to a remedial lecture about why "x equals the square root of 5", Vari, Jack, and Aurora were caught up in their own conversation.

"I can't believe we have to have those lame-a<i></i>ss East India kids over here on Friday... or the fact that we're being <i>forced</i> to participate in this stupid Field Day..." Vari grumbled, sliding off Jack's hoodie from her form and using it as a pillow on the rock-solid desk.

Jack, in the middle of replying to a text, glanced over at his girlfriend. "Well your sister is one of those lame-a<i></i>sses, isn't she? Never liked her much, myself. She's always hanging out with that Andrea chick..." He made a face, sticking his tongue out at the mention of her name, while simultaneously making gagging noises.

Vari said nothing, simply watched as the blonde-haired Soren walked by the classroom, and she smirked. Every day at this time he would ask to be excused from his god-awful boring English class to go meet Dante, who was equally doing the same from his first period French room. And Vari always had to laugh, because of that knowing grin on his face as he looked into the Remedial math class and waved at the three of them.

Soren caught Vari's eye and winked at her through the small panel of glass next to the door of the math room as he made his way towards the bathrooms where he and Dante met up in the mornings. Not that they always did that sort of thing during their in-between class meetings, but the two hadn't gotten the chance to get together this weekend and well, that whole "hormonally stressed and sexually frustrated" thing would really apply in this case. Ignoring questioning looks from the hall monitors, he simply raised his bathroom pass to avoid suspicion, opening the door to the boy's room and looking around for Dante.

~

Across the school in the Arts wing, Edward was waiting for his girlfriend along with his cousin Robyn, and their mutual friend, Tia Dalma. The black girl sighed, checking her pricy phone for the eighteenth time and only five minutes had passed. "How long do we have to stand here...?"

Edward cut her off, "She'll be here - just wait." In his left hand, he held a small package, wrapped in blue and silver paper and topped off with a dark blue bow. Today was his and Eve's two year anniversary of becoming boyfriend/girlfriend and although they had agreed on no gifts, he couldn't help himself. But it was only as she approached, did Edward realize she did not look happy. "Is there something wrong?"

[[Eeeh I didn't know how to start off the East India side of things... so maybe I'll leave it up to Lothy to do that :whistle: ]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 30th, 2010, 6:16 pm 
Maia
Maia

Eve caught sight of Edward, Robyn and Tia at their usual spot in the Arts wing, and raised a hand to wave at them. As she closed the gap between herself and her small group of friends, she offered a tiny smile. “Sorry I kept you guys waiting!” As usual, whenever she saw her boyfriend, she felt a rush of happiness, throwing whatever melancholic thoughts she had had previously way into the background. But upon hearing Edward’s question, she took a small intake of breath, slightly unwilling to talk about the events of this morning. She ran a hand through her hair, an absent-minded frown furrowing her brow a little. “Oh…” she struggled for words. “I had an argument with my foster mother. She wants me out of the house, but thinks she can play all sweetness and light and act like I shouldn’t mind while I’m still living there.”

It was painful even to talk about it. It hurt to know that her foster family had never been a real family. She guessed she had always known that, but she’d always hoped that they felt something for her. Grown to like her, maybe. Was that so much to ask?

Looking up at Edward again, her frown slowly disappeared, to be replaced by a small, rueful smile. “Don’t listen to me. It just stressed me out a little,” she said. She might have said more, when she noticed something that made her smile widen. Edward was holding what was quite obviously a present, wrapped in beautiful blue and silver paper, two of her favourite colours. A grin broke out on her features, and she laughed out of sheer joy. Of course! It was their anniversary today. How could she have forgotten this morning? “I thought we agreed, no gifts,” she said, mock-sternly.

She had been so excited about today last night; she had thought about nothing else. But her row with her foster mother meant she had completely forgotten, up until now. She remembered that last night, when preparing her bag for the next school day, she had put her own present for Edward, along with her books and pencil case. “Well, we may have agreed, but neither of us stuck to the agreement,” she said, and reached inside her bag, bringing out a soft, square package (as it happened, it contained a fitted, black designer shirt) wrapped in emerald green paper, the exact shade of Edward’s eyes.
“Happy anniversary,” Eve said, beaming.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 30th, 2010, 8:38 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

"I know. If we won't participate in our own schools activities what makes them think we are going to want to participate when another school is involved. Even if it is those pompous East India kids." Aurora's words had quite a bite and only those who knew her would understand why. It just so happened that her best friend, or the man who used to be called her best friend went to that school. Gabriel Phillips. A name that still made her insides churn and her heart to thump wildly... a strange emotion that Aurora-Rose did not enjoy in the least.

Glad to let Jack and Vari take over the conversation she just listened while pulling a stick of gum from her back pocket. Stuffing it in her mouth she began to chew, and none too softly either. She was on the receiving end of many stares, to which she gave each the flick of the bird of the abrupt tongue gesture.

"Wasn't that Soren just now..." Aurora was normally zoned out during remedial math and wasn't privvy on the knowledge of Soren passing the door everyday, not until Vari explained to her that this was habitual. "I knew there was a reason for Dante doing that..." She said more to herself.

A-Rose made a mental note to ask Dante about his little...excursion... at lunch today when they met outside by the oak tree as they did everyday. He had some explaining himself to do.

---

"Again? Is your bladder on a timed schedule." His French teacher asked in blatant English. Obviously too frustrated to speak in his native tongue to Dante, even though Dante was probably just as fluent, if not more so than his teacher.

"Oui..." Dante said, trying like hell to hide back his smirk until he got the bathroom pass. Once it was safely in his hand he left the classroom. It was pointless for him to be in there anyways. Dante could speak at a college level and yet the school seemed to require him to take all four years of a language. Why? He could care less... as long as he got out he'd suffer the morning lessons.

Passing the familiar classrooms and taking the path he could follow with his eyes shut he found himself in the boys bathroom on the second floor. The bathroom was always abandoned at this time, and even if it wasn't it always added to the thrill.

Soren had not been able to visit him this weekend, and let's just say Dante couldn't go very long without seeing his boyfriend. Sliding into the last stall he leaned against the side and waited until he heard those succinct footsteps.

His wait wasn't long. As mushy or corny as it may sound, Dante could sense Soren's arrival even before he heard the tapping of shoes on the dull linoleum. Dante held his breath, listening as the footsteps got louder, Soren was so close to him... but still to far.

Unable to hold back anymore he stuck his head out from the stall, reached out and grabbed the cuff of Soren's shirt and pulled him roughly into the stall with him. It was a tight fit, but that wasn't a problem.

"Hey there..." Dante smirked, fingers finding themselves immediately twining through blond strands.

[hehe, two posts in and our boys are already like this]

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 12:26 pm 
Istari
Istari

*is confused as to why she isn't on the list...* (I'm gonna start anyway)

Crud, I'm gonna be late! Nighthawk tugged on her black coat as she ran pel-mel across the schoolyard. Luckily for her, she slid into her seat in Drama just as the final announcement was ending. The teacher frowned at her, but the girl just grinned devilishly. Leaning back in her chair and propping her black-booted feet up on top of her desk, Nighthawk thought about that morning.

She had gotten up early, or so she thought, only to find that her clock had been reset. Cursing her half-brother, for that was probably who had done it, Nighthawk had rolled out of bed and thrown on her clothes. The rest of the family had already left the house, so she had grabbed a pop tart and her black skull and crossbones messenger bag and run out the door.

To make things worse, her motorbike had gum stuck to the seat, probably also courtesy of Cutler... or maybe Jack. She wouldn't put it past either of them to make life annoying. After scraping the gum off disgustedly, she had jumped on her bike and headed to school, the only bright part of her day being that her brother was all the way across town.

Nighthawk grinned, her half-brother was in for it with Field Day coming up. Pulling out her cellphone she texted Jack. "We gonna own East India or what?"

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2010, 4:49 pm 
Istari
Istari

[I'll bring Hector and Noirin in next.]]

Andrea sighed and tapped her fingers against the steering wheel. The clock on her dashboard read 08:50. She had ten minutes to pick Keyara up and get to school in time for registration. Usually she didn’t give a toss about being late, but with the upcoming horse show she couldn’t afford any more referrals. She revved the enhanced engine of her Vauxhall Corsa impatiently, willing the lights to turn green.

Something’s tearing me down and down, can’t help but feel it coming from you…

A squeal escaped Andrea’s lips as she turned the stereo volume up full, bumping her head along with the heavy bass. The lights finally turned green and she made the switch from clutch to accelerator as fast as possible and hared off. It took 5 minutes for her to reach the Pierce household, stereo still blaring Pendulum at full volume. She took the opportunity to grab a cigarette out of her bag and light up, sighing in content. Spotting Keyara she wound down the window and yelled out.

“C’mon babe, we’ve got five minutes to drive 2 miles through the rush hour!”

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2010, 10:59 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Gabriel was in the midst of pulling on his pants when all five of his alarms went off. "I don't know why I even set you guys since I am always up before you..." He spoke idly to the alarms without a second thought on how crazy he may look talking to inanimate objects.

His body just naturally got up around 6:30; giving him enough time to do a quick morning run, shower, and get dressed all before he had to leave for school and before his alarms went off. And yet he kept those damn *beep* on every day.

Also, he normally had practice in the mornings but recently the Mathletes were having afternoon practices. This gave him more morning time to himself which was well enough. Gabriel took his time getting ready and riding his bike to school.

Just like he always did the blond boy arrived to the East India Academy 15 minutes before the first class even began. Gabriel Phillips loved being prompt...

[Shoddy start but I had to get Gabe in somewhere!]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2010, 5:52 pm 
Istari
Istari

[[Buuuuuuuuuuump]]

It's twisting on a thread

+ COME RAISE THE DEAD +