Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2010, 11:12 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

"Okay, Fiona Glennane. Wake up!" Fi told herself. Then she turned her attention back to the rather insane man standing infront of her. "You are not real. I was not stransported somewhere esle. I'm dreaming and you are just a figment of that dream. Any minute I will wake up and hopefully find that Jason and his thugs will have gone."

She was dreaming. That was the only explanation. Maybe she had fainted and hit her head. It didn't matter how she had gotten into this dream, but Fiona knew she must be dreaming! People didn't just appear in places! No! That didn't happen outside of stories and movies.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2010, 1:55 am 
Maia
Maia

((just so you know, THe People Ed and Ein found are Fiona and Nikola. and I figured the signal ed is sending out would be picked up by the sonic screwdriver.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2010, 1:39 pm 
Vala
Vala

"I assure you, I am very real" he retorted to the woman's remark. The thought that this was all a dream had never entered his mind. This reality was far too cohesive to be a dream. "But believe whatever you like. I don't care."

Suddenly, the inane yapping of a small dog grated against Nikola's ears. A long and low slung small dog bounded into view. To Nikola it looked much like an overgrown sausage with fur and stubby legs. Nikola glanced at it questioningly, a sneer of mild disdain on his face. But just as he was about to shoo it off, what could only be its owner ambled towards them. A young child, rail thin with flaming red hair cut into a short bob, was almost completely androgynous. As the child came closer, Nikola's close scrutiny suggested that it was a girl, but he couldn't be sure. The child only uttered "oh", a syllable too short for him to discern gender. For an awkward moment his sneer deepened, and then he spoke.

"Hello" he said slowly. "Do you live around here?" He asked. Maybe she/he/it would be able to give him more information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2010, 1:54 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

As the man was talking, Fiona tried pinching herself. Well that got her was a red mark on her arm. She looked back up at him to give a remark of her own but was distracted by a yapping dog. Fi tried to ignore it. She didn't have time for dogs. She had to wake up from this crazy dream! It's barking was very difficult to ignore though. Wait, was that another person?

Fiona watched as the dog's owner(atleast she was persuming it was the owner) came towards them. A small fear began to creep in. What if this wasn't a dream? What if she had stepped into a science-fiction novel? Before Fiona could question the girl herself, the rather strange man asked first. With a sign Fiona waited for what she hoped would be a positive answer.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2010, 10:36 pm 
Maia
Maia

((Ed is 24 years old, a young woman who is wearing a bulky coat.))

Ed shook her head. "No. We just showed up here outta the blue." She shifted her bag that carried her laptop. "I had just gotten the lovely Wolongs for the bounty I had caught. Then Ein came after me, we ended up here." She looked at Ein. "I think he sensed what ever it was and decided to warn me." She looked at the people again. "I sent out a signal with Tomato, so help can find us."

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2010, 6:05 am 
Elf
Elf

After his somewhat unhelpful conversation, the Doctor had headed for the centre of the city, hoping to find someone or something that could explain why he, of all people, was trapped on a planet that hadn't even begun to explore space yet.

After thirty minutes of searching, asking odd questions, prodding, poking and much buzzing from his screwdriver the Doctor conceded defeat. The people he'd surprised with questions had been awkward and nervous; they stayed still long enough to answer the question posed, if they could at all, then moved away with haste. The only useful information he'd been able to collect was that there were ‘others’: people like himself - well, maybe not quite like him - who had turned up with little or no idea where they were. According the the man, each of these came with a ludicrous story of supposedly far-away places fit for stories more than reality.

After a less-than-helpful half an hour, the Doctor had turned back and was heading towards the edge of the city, contemplating many complex and high-tech reasons for the TARDIS being stuck where it was. There was nothing extremely evident on the planet that was interfering with his time-travelling abilities, or so it seemed, which posed another interesting question: if the people around here weren't keeping him here, then who or what was?

The brow of the hill was close now, maybe a few minutes off at the most; from there'd he'd find his way back to his beloved police box and twiddle all kinds of knobs and dials until he found a plausible reason why he had landed three galaxies away from his target on the edge of a city he didn't recognise. Sure enough, he'd bet there were plenty of places in the universe that he hadn't visited, but he'd never been stuck in one before. That kind of thing usually happened on Earth, when something creepy came to try and rid the galaxy of the Human race; a fairly common occurrence, but nothing he hadn't been able to fend off... usually with help.

If he was expecting the TARDIS to come into view when he reached the top of the hill, he would have been disappointed. All that was there was grass, a few daisies, a lot more grass and, in the distance, several figures lurking and apparently conversing. They looked to be a strange trio, even from a distance; the Doctor observed them, without moving, from the edge of the grassy hillside with his head tilted at a strange angle. He personally had no idea what he was doing here and he had an inkling, from their behaviour and general lack of movement, that they had experienced something similar, minus the presence of the TARDIS.

Speaking of which, he looked around for a splash of blue among the green, frowning slightly as he did. After a while of searching, he did indeed spot it; if he squinted and shaded his eyes in the sun, he could see "Ice Box" written across the part of the TARDIS that wasn't obscured by shrubbery.

Indecisive, he waited where he was, muttering under his breath and debating the pros and cons of trying to drag answers out of even more people that probably didn't know anything useful anyway. Edging slowly towards the TARDIS, the Doctor pulled out his screwdriver (if only for something to do with his hands) and, once again, buzzing filled the air in the immediate vicinity. Even though he regarded his screwdriver very highly, he couldn't help but get irritated at how useless it was being at that minute. No pirate signals, odd electrical discharges, no out-of-the-ordinary technology, nothing that would explain why he'd been anchored here when he'd intended to be somewhere else entirely.

Stopping mid-step, he paused to look at the trio he'd discovered not long ago; he'd seen something odd but ultimately interesting - was that a dog?

Smiling to himself he watched the tiny animal running around people's legs and, he assumed, barking excitedly.

“Space-travelling dogs?” he asked the empty air with a trace of amusement. “Whatever's next?”

[ - ETA Uh, so I might have succumbed to Tesla-ness. :teehee:]

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2010, 10:19 pm 
Vala
Vala

((I love your banner and avvie, Darkheat. Especially your sig.
And sorry, Misa, I didn't realize that you were playing an older Ed. Woops! :blush:))

Nikola glared at the red haired woman, a look of confusion and annoyance on his face. She made no sense. Wolongs? Tomato? He stifled a growl and turned away, still walking forward with long, dignified strides. This woman's babbling was the useless drivel of the insane, and so he ignored it. Still, she did mention that she had arrived at this place suddenly and without warning. If she told the truth, then this was far larger than some singular anomaly. How many other people were trapped here?

And, just as that thought passed through his mind, he saw a man in the distance, waving around a short metal device and stumbling about like a maniac. Oh great, another psychotic stranger he grumbled to himself. Just what he needed: another headache. Still, maybe this man could supply him with more information. Nikola decided to meet this man and try to glean some useful information from him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2010, 11:06 pm 
Half-elf
Half-elf

Fiona's mouth dropped open. What was this new woman saying? Was everyone insane? Maybe she had gone insane! She wanted to be back selling weapons and explosive on the black markets of Miami! She saw the guy of the group(she really needed his name) walk away and thought about joining him. She didn't want to be alone, but her choices were limited by how crazy the people around her were.

As Fiona was trying to decide, she saw another man off in the distance. He seemed relatively okay. Wait, was he waving a screw driver?

"I'm losing my mind," Fiona mumbled. Well, maybe third time was a charm. She started towards the new comer and once close enough she called, "Excuse me, would you be so kind as to tell me where the heck I am?!" By this time the frustration Fiona was feeling was coming out in her voice. She had to get out of here quickly.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 4th, 2010, 12:00 am 
Maia
Maia

Ed to look to see where they were looking. "Eh?" she said and tilted her head. even though she was 24, and even though she had matured. Habits and little quirks always showed themselves when she was stressed. Faye, the only true female Ed knew, would complement her on her approving. But here, where she didn't know where she was, or how she would get home, these little things were once again showing themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2010, 1:36 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I'm so sorry this took so long guys, but life's been busy. However, this post gets me all caught up I do believe.)

New York during the summer was a wonderful place to be, especially if you had a very expensive loft with all the trimmings. It also helped if you were having breakfast with a very old friend and were about to meet up with the new ones made in less than a week.

Crowley and Aziraphale were doing all of these only the happy and wonderful things were added to the infinitely dampening problem of attempting to stop the apocalypse. It was not going well.

"Buttery or sugary?" A smooth voice came from the kitchen wafting through the air along with the smell of fresh made oatmeal. The voice sounded distinctly tired.

"Excuse me?" came another voice that held a musical note.

"Your oatmeal, Angel. Do you want it sugary or buttery?" Crowley responded.

"Oh, right. I suppose a mix would be nice," the curly headed blonde responded as he petted a disturbingly terrified plant. "Crowley, why do they keep telling me that you harass them?"

"Ready!" The demon replied (interrupted would have been a better word) quickly. That the oatmeal had become perfect for the both of them at such a convenient time was probably due to the angel's question. That plant would later take a ride with Crowley and not return. Crowley exited his kitchen and set the bowl down in front of Aziraphale. The two celestial beings had little time to discuss pleasantries even though it had been almost eleven years since they had last spoken. Eleven years would normally have been very short with little changes, but in those eleven years they had both stopped the Apocalypse and got pulled back to their respective places of work for a stern talking to (in Aziraphale’s case) and long stay with Alistair in his private torture chambers (in the case of Crowley). And now they were to, apparently, repeat the process with possibly worse consequences.

Crowley looked over his glasses which Aziraphale had so kindly returned or called up when he realized his friend’s face was bereft of the favorite accessory. “It’s Us against Them,” Aziraphale said matter of factly. They both knew that when they said Us he meant they were siding with humans. It was unspoken but important. Humanity should be thankful for such guards.

“Yeah, Team Free Will,” the demon said.

The angel raised a brow curiously, “Team What?”

“s nothing, the Winchesters use it.”

“Ah, and how are the last hope of humanity?” The angel asked casually.

“Moronic. Why can’t we ask Adam for another hand? He’d fix it up proper, ‘specially now that he’s grown,” the demon groused.

“He’s in college, dear. No use bothering him until we really need it,” the angel explained sedately taking a sip of his tea.

“What?!” Crowley yelled incredulously. “We aren’t asking for help because he is in college? If we don’t fix it there will be no….”

“We are being good godfathers. Speaking of college, though,” Aziraphale interrupted while the demon’s yellow slitted eyes nearly fell out of his head. “Aren’t we supposed to be picking Alex?”

“Oh dear…” the demon said pushing up from the table. Alex had been an accidental addition to their small friend circle. She was one of the first deals Crowley had made while in sales and since he had not specified he had been stuck with her. She had asked for protection for she and her sister, but did not specify how long. This meant…he was stuck with however long she wanted. There were only two times she ever actually summoned him and they had been good reasons, the rest of the time was him checking in on her – not that he’d admit it. It was easier now that he was stationed in America and protecting someone made him feel like he wasn’t as terrible as he really was.

The two celestial beings found themselves sitting in the front seat of a very nice black BMW which had somehow changed locations from Crowley’s garage to another parking lot on a small college campus. A boy with large glasses looked stunned at its appearance. Crowley looked around and sighed in annoyance when he did not see the person they were picking up. He nearly jumped out of his meatsuit when someone knocked on his window.

“You’re late,” said a brown haired girl with an annoyed look on her face. “What part of 10:30 is so difficult? It’s not early…Aziraphale!” She exclaimed and Crowley looked annoyed at the difference in greetings.

She hopped into the back seat, her bag sitting in her lap. “Hello, dear. Did you have fun at class?”

“Hardly. Latin might be the death of me,” she griped while the engine roared. Aziraphale chattered on while the Crowley and Alex tried desperately to drown out his musings on Latin with the radio. Alex stared outside and frowned.

“Crowley…we’re lost.” She said, sitting up straighter.

“No ‘m not.”

“Well unless the road disappeared and magically turned into grass then…”

“Yes, it does seem as if we have lost our way,” Aziraphale intoned nervously.

“What?” The BMW sped along until they saw small human shaped dots and another taller rectangle that was colored in blue. Crowley brought the car to a screeching halt and got out. He was all dressed in fine blacks his tie was the only thing that held any color and that was silver.

Crowley attempted to jump back to the apartment, but all he managed was a few feet closer to the blue box and the man with the strange buzzing machine in his hand.

“Oi, you there,” he yelled at the disheveled man in the bow tie. “Where are we and why are we here?” Crowley didn’t question how they got there, it had happened and he needed to know what was going on before they could figure out how to get back.

Alex and Aziraphale exited the car when they both regained their wits. The latter of which was still shaking, his hand held to his pounding heart.

“Crowley,” Alex said stomping over to the man who gave her sneer that clearly said not now. Alex looked over at the man messing around the blue box and waved, her brown eyes widening at the strange sight followed with a grin.

“Hello,” she greeted. “How’re you?” Crowley sighed as his conversation was hijacked.

“How sweet,” Aziraphale said looking around. “it’s lovely isn’t it?”

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2010, 3:02 pm 
Elf
Elf

[Oh, this is about to get extremely interesting. :lol:
@ Maeth: That was one brilliant post. I don't know Crowley, but he sounds awesome. :P
@ Naur: Thankyou! I'm quite attached to them myself. :P]

The Doctor craned his neck forwards and squinted at the people, despite the fact they weren't far away. They appeared to be heading towards him, which was ever so slightly worrying; the last time he'd been chased - well, let's not get into that. He shivered involuntarily at the thought of big creepy monsters once again trying to take over. Absently, he sniffed in a dignified sort of way and wondered what he'd done to deserve a life so devoid of peace and quiet. Though he'd complain often enough about such things, the truth was that if he had been stranded on some endless beach with the Sun shining down on him, he'd have been bored stiff; a life of action much more befitted the child of Gallifrey.

The sonic screwdriver that he was still holding aloft made a sort of strangled buzzing noise alerting the Doctor to a signal it had found somewhere close. Paying attention to it, at last, he yelled something akin to “Aha!” and started pointing it in different directions while spinning on the spot, hopeful that such an odd action would assist him.

In dismay, he slowed his and turned, once again, to face the approaching people. As of yet, he couldn't see where exactly the signal originated from, but one of those particularly strange people was sure to be sending one of his most faithful pieces of equipment haywire. Frowning first at the screwdriver, then the odd collection of people approaching him, before sliding slid screwdriver into his jacket pocket.

Straightening his bow-tie once more, the Doctor raised as an eyebrow and prepared himself for the imminent arrival of people - humans, he suspected - with endless questions, the first and foremost being ‘Who are you and what are you wearing?’

A woman was the first to greet him. The way she did so disturbed him, slightly, for even though she'd been perfectly polite, there was a touch of panic that made her voice tremble.

“Excuse me,” the brunette called to him, “Would you be so kind as to tell me where the heck I am?!”

She'd managed to hold his attention long enough for him to be vaguely interested in her appearance; she was dressed in a style he was quite accustomed to and her accent that sounded familiar... American, maybe. He'd never been that good distinguishing between the accents of people from Earth.

“I'd love to,” the Doctor called back, sounding a little cheerier than he felt, “you're stood about five feet from me. Other than that, I haven't the foggiest. I think we're in the galaxy designated Sigma by one of the late twenty-seventh century intergalactic space exploration missions...” he added, sounding doubtful.

“Anyway, nevermind. It's nice here, isn't it?” the Doctor continued brightly.

The sentence had barely tripped off his tongue when a flashy black BMW nearly ploughed them over and a seemingly irritated man jumped out, yelling something that the Doctor completely ignored.

“Hey, watch it! The TARDIS is delicate, y'know!” carefully picking his way across to his beloved blue box as if more cars were going to zoom straight at him, the Doctor patted the door of the TARDIS in what was supposed to be a comforting and reassuring manner. Needless to say, he looked a little strange.

“She might be a little old and the chameleon circuit is completely fried but I've been halfway around the Universe and back in this old box...” he said fondly, smiling to himself.

A young girl whose name he didn't know - there was quite a list now - came running over waving, hailing him with friendly greetings. Quite glad to meet someone who hadn't yelled ‘Where am I?’ at him yet, the Doctor, now leaning with one shoulder against the TARDIS door in an oh-so-casual way, waved back.

“Hello! Let me guess, you're a little lost? Can't say I'm surprised, driving like that. Mind you, I did crash into the Titanic once... but that's a story for another time.” he added quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2010, 5:35 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(I'm so sorry for posting so late! Hopefully this will make it up!)

The grasslands could be seen for miles around. Beautiful green, with a clear blue sky with a few lonesome clouds. The green was patched with lilyshaped flowers of various colors. White, purple, blue. Mostly lighter shades. The plants swayed in the gentle breeze.

To the southeast one could see the top of a great metropolis city that was in ruin, though before you reached the city you would reach the wasteland, and desert of rock. A place a loss.

But you couldn't see the wasteland from here. All you saw was the grassy hills, and maybe a line to the north of an ocean. And threw the fields cut a single line. A paved rode that led from the city of Edge, built around the wasted metropolis of Midgar, and the peaceful town of Kalm.

A rode traveled often by a certain blonde delivery boy and his motorcyle Fenrir.

And that was what he was doing now. Riding along the rode, nothing is site but road and grass. There would be nothing else in site for another few miles, which would get eaten up quickly.

Blonde, gravity defying hair was blown in the wind, while shimering sky blue eyes were covered by a sleek pair of sunglasses. Cloud Strife's thoughts wondered as he expertly steared Fenrir over the hills. So he wasn't expecting the sudden end to the road, and then the disapearance of it entirely. As soon as tire hit grass, Cloud skidded to a halt, making the bike turn sideways.

"What the..." he muttered and looked back to where he had come from. The road was gone. Nowhere to be seen. All that was around was grassland now.

Looking back to where he had been headed he now saw a looming black cloud over a distant city.
"Maybe I took a wrong turn," he mumbled, gazing at the distant buildings, trying to think where it might be. It wasn't Midgar. Any fool who'd seen the place with it's plate and giant mako cannon and falling apart major center building could tell you that. It wasn't Kalm. Not even close. Or Junon, or any place else. And Cloud has seen them all.

With a feeling of dread, he brought back to life his idling motorcycle and turned toward the direction of the city. It was only a few hills when he skidded to a halt a second time.

There, at the bottom of the hill by a big blue box and a black car was a cluster of obviously flustered people. Cloud could make out their voices and obviously know one knew where they were. Obviously it would be no help asking them. But if they were in the same situation as he, then maybe it wouldn't hurt to introduce himself.

Then again, it probably wouldn't help either. So not sure what do to, Cloud decided to sit and wait to see if any of these people seemed to have any kind of clue what was going on. Even though it was a very colorful group, but that was nothing strange to Cloud after the events of two years ago traveling with a flowergirl, bar maid, a man with a gun for an arm, a piolet, a red talking wolf-hound, and a redcaped experiment gone wrong. No, this group seemed quite normal considering...

(bleh... stupid muse...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2010, 10:00 pm 
Maia
Maia

Ed looked at the man. She wasn't sure what to make of him. She was sure that he was different and might be in the same situation as himself. Suddenly Ein ran to the man with the bowtie and started pulling at his pant leg. "Ein, stop."

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 10th, 2010, 7:16 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

[sorry this has taken so long >__< also, I’ll stick with end of season 1/start of season two Echo and see where it goes x] although I don’t know how true to Echo’s character the bio is, it’s kinda there..

Name: Echo/Caroline Farrell/Whatever name the imprint has.
Fandom: Dollhouse
Appearance: Here & Here.
Personality: Whatever she’s imprinted as. Echo herself has a child-like innocence, and is very simple as all dolls are. She keeps this innocence as she becomes more self-aware but a lot of it is put on as she’s smart, and has a variety of different personalities to tap into, willingly or unwillingly – she can’t always control it.
Miscellaneous Notes: She has a varied skill set that is available for her to tap into, but she can’t control it completely [yet] and gets headaches every time she switches personality. She’s learning, but isn’t quite there.

hopefully this is okies.]

Echo – well, Heidi to be perfectly honest – stepped out of the car with a wink to the driver.
“You know, I like the quiet types. You should stick around. We could have some fun after my treatment.” She said with a laugh before giving the door a quick push and letting it slam shut. The slam echoed around the tunnel and Echo’s handler sighed before gesturing to the elevator. He was used to different personalities, but this particular one irked him. Echo smiled and half skipped, half danced her way into the elevator.
“You know, I like the tall types too. Why don’t you stick around with the quiet one out there, we’ll have tonnes of fun.” She grinned and her handler reached around her to press the button for the lowest floor.
“I don’t think so.” He smiled politely and stepped back. He only had her for a few more engagements. DeWitt was still trying to find a full time handler for her number one active, but with Romeo – his original active – coming back into popular demand, he didn’t have the time.
Echo pouted but didn’t push it. She didn’t really care when she got turned down. She was a flirt, but she knew most of it wouldn’t lead anywhere, and she didn’t mind. She loved it when it did, like with Josh. She smiled softly thinking about him and the last few days. He said he wouldn’t see her for a while, but he’d find a way. Echo didn’t know what he meant – she intended to go straight back to his house after her treatment – but didn’t want to argue with him.
“If you like.” A voice said as the elevator doors slid open to reveal a lab filled with computers and a high tech chair. A girl with blond hair left with a smile as Echo entered the lab, and the source of the voice turned and looked at her with a hint of confusion on his face.
“Hello…” He struggled to continue – once again he had forgotten her name – and Echo giggled.
“Speechless, smart boy? Well I’m glad. You know, I like the smart types. I bet I could teach you a thing or two you don’t know.” She sat down in the chair and the man clicked his fingers.
“Welcome back Heidi. This won’t hurt a bit.” He turned and spent a few seconds fiddling about on his computer. The chair tilted backwards and flashed blue light around Echo’s head. She jumped and the man walked to her side. “Don’t wander off.” He said to her handler, who had started to walk away.
“Topher?”
“She’s not changed!” Topher threw his hands in the air. “If I send her down like that…” He laughed nervously and shook his head. The chair fizzed and Topher frowned. “That’s not meant to happen.” Smoke burst out from every angle and temporarily blinded the handler and Topher. The blue light switched itself off and the chair returned upright. Only problem was, Echo wasn’t there.
[/topher fail.]

Echo sat up slowly as if she was still in the chair and turned expectantly to her right.
“Did I fall asleep?”
It took her a few seconds to realise that Topher wasn’t there, and that she was no longer in the lab. She was surrounded by green hills and was sitting in sweltering heat as the sun shone down on her without much in the way of clouds.
“Shall I go now?” She murmured naturally and without waiting for an answer – after all, the many rational parts of her brain told her that she wouldn’t get one – she stood up and started walking. All that she could see other than green was a city on the horizon and it seemed like the best place to head to. Although in doll state, to an outsider she would look like she was walking with purpose, but in all honesty Echo didn’t have a clue what she was doing. Heidi did, and almost every other personality in Echo’s head did, but she wasn’t them. She didn’t have the strength to fully become them. It was many different survival instincts that kept her moving, but when she stopped, when she finally came into contact with someone, she’d still be Echo. A blank slate. Well, almost blank. No one knew who or what they’d get. Echo didn’t know herself.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 11th, 2010, 11:48 pm 
Vala
Vala

((Darkheart, I just want to say that your writing cracks me up. You write as the Doctor perfectly, and it makes me smile.

Now...I have a bit of catching up to do.))

Nikola groaned as chaos erupted around him. First a jeep roared into view and a man jumped out. No, not jumped out...transported? Nikola didn't know anyone except Druitt to have powers like that. He studied the man for a bit longer--apparently named Crowley, as called by the two women exiting the jeep-- but his attention was ripped away by the arrival of two new people. One, a male of average height and hair so blonde it looked white, was dressed oddly enough to garner his attention. The other was a woman, tall and supermodel thin, with a blank expression to match. She looked too much like that other girl, the one he had found weeping in the middle of the field. Nikola doubted he would be able to tell them apart now. Not that he cared, of course.

The sudden activity of random appearances left Nikola clutching his temple in aggravation. Fear began worming itself into his gut. After being alive for 140 plus years, there was very little in this world that could throw him through a loop, but this scenario seemed to be doing it. The thought that he wasn't in control, that he could be anywhere and at the mercy of some unknown force sent waves of uneasiness through his spine.

But as a man of action, he had to do something. He glanced around, noticing that of the entire group, the strange man in the bowtie seemed the most calm. The others' emotions ran from fear to anger to utter confusion. But the man in the bow tie seemed only to be a trifle surprised. Also, with the devise still buzzing in his hand, he looked to be the only one with a clue what he was doing. He seemed like he was in these situations often and was used to getting out of them. I'll have to stay with him Nikola noted to himself.

Finally, at a lull i the conversation, Nikola spoke up. "Well then," he asked the man in the bow tie. "What do you know?" By prodding the man's brain would perhaps serve to catalyst Nikola's own brain into churning out more hypotheses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 13th, 2010, 10:53 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

(I wonder if it's too late to enter here? I'm awfully...procastinatinging.)

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next